Picture of the Day October 17th, 2012

DSC01451.jpg

:wave2::banana:

Judd.....Nice shot of one of my "quiet spots"....Was nice to rest on that bench watching the world go by. Didn't notice a guard in Oct..gonna try on my Dec. trip :flower3:

Great! There are few "quiet spots" left! Though that one is a bit out of the way.

Jud, where were you when you took this picture?

On the monorail! Had brilliant lighting! Was just doing the circle for the fun of it! Rest will be in my next video- Evening at the Poly! Or somethin like that...

:)

Jud

POTD-20121003WDW-Monorail20.jpg

The "Walk Around the World", for which, many personalized "bricks" were purchased, including one by me, was originally planned to go around the full perimeter of the 7 Seas Lagoon. Plans changed, and it now runs only from the street crossing from the Contemporary Walkway to the Magic Kingdom, to this point a bit past the Magic Kingdom Monorail Station. Here is the end. The canal breaking the shoreline on the right houses the barges of the Electrical Water Pageant when not in use.
Note the monorail track rising from the TTC to the Contemporary on the far shore, and beyond it, the roof of Wilderness Lodge.

I looked that area up on google maps and I think it would be cool to check it out. When the sattelite took the picture, there was no one on the path. there was also a wide space to go up that canal on foot. Its pretty cool to look at WDW on google maps because there is so much you don't see when you are there and somehow, the google earth car camera thingy was able to get everywhere on the property so you see a lot more than what they want you to see.

crw416.jpg

wdwensel....Awesome shot Bill and DO love the green color... :woohoo:

Journey of the Little Mermaid entrance....
DSC_0290.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter