• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pics of DCL Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinks are included with all of your meals. Including the buffets..

There is a drink station on deck 9 aft by Topsiders or Beach Blanket Buffet - that is also free... they have soda, lemonade, coffee, tea...

Generally if you order a drink from a CM, like the ones they have roaming the decks (and they don't PUSH drinks like the other cruise lines...) or at one of the bars, even soda... you will get charged...

Smoothies and such like that in the teen club you get charged for...

Drinks from Cove Cafe (specialty coffees) you get charged for.

If you get soda from room service you get charged... Coffee and Tea are free... so it's good to grab a drink or something on Deck 9.

BUT... DCL will let you bring soda on board with you... (and alcohol & water bottles too...) which is different from other cruise lines... so you can do that and save money...You MUST carry it on and it has to be able to pass through the Xray machine. Remember that if you carry it on... you will also have to lug it around with you until your room is ready - so I'd suggest a rolling carry on for that because you'll be bringing it to lunch with you.

Hope that helps..

I uploaded these because some of the DISers in my cruise meet thread hadn't been to Palo's brunch. I thought I'd cross-post them here for general enjoyment....

It's generally set up as a buffet.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea057.jpg

Try as much or as little as you want.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea056.jpg

Lots of bread and cheese.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea058.jpg

These dishes could be ordered through your waiter. You could order as many of these as you wish, as well.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea064.jpg

Same with the delicious gourmet pizzas. They were being ordered and passed around our table for everyone to try.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea062.jpg

My first plate.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea050.jpg

The chicken parmigiana is incredible.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea055.jpg

And then a dessert sampling.
2009-DCLJul20AtSea053.jpg

To the last post.....

Those are all BRUNCH photos? I was under the impression that there was no HOT foods at the Palo brunch, which seemed odd to me. Is there an egg station too? or omellettes? I am fine with the photos you posted but usually Brunch's have some kind of eggs.

Can't wait for my brunch after seeing your photos!

I see alot of meat dishes here (which is fine by me and totally YUMMY looking), but I wonder if anyone has any vegetarian dishes?

Both my husband and youngest daughter are veg...

P.S. What's the deal with the food? Having never been, are their "rules" about food like when we buy into with the Dining Plan at WDW? 1 snack, 1 CS & 1 TS meal?

Always a vegetarian choice on the menus.(I had a few different ones last cruise-I think one was a curry dish) The kids meals you can always get Mac and cheese or grilled cheese. Now if they are Vegan....I would put that info in early for special dietary needs.

Thank you for the beautiful Palo photos, BigAwl. I didn't know either that there were so many hot items served at brunch.

The brunch is AMAZING!!! If you can, I highly recommend treating yourself to the brunch!:love:

To the last post.....

Those are all BRUNCH photos? I was under the impression that there was no HOT foods at the Palo brunch, which seemed odd to me. Is there an egg station too? or omellettes? I am fine with the photos you posted but usually Brunch's have some kind of eggs.

Can't wait for my brunch after seeing your photos!

Good point. In fact there were eggs dishes (I found this in another photo and tried to blow it up a bit). These were also on the table for ordering through your waiter. I don't recall an omelette station. But I would be surprised if you couldn't order just about any kind of omelette you wanted.

2009-DCLJul20AtSea061cropped.jpg

Yes, there are hot items... try the Veal Saltimbucco... :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

The deal with food on DCL is food IS included... the extra charge for Palo is because it is an Adults only destination - the food is a bit higher quality than the dining rooms...:thumbsup2 and it takes care of the server, etc... I always tip a bit higher also because it is WAY worth it...

& a funny story about food on a cruise...

There was one woman who's daughter came back to the room one afternoon telling her mother that she was STARVING... the mother said why didn't you just go get something to eat... and the daughter said "Yeah...like they were just going to give me the stuff..." Ummm Yeah.... :rotfl:

& Soda and some drinks are free at the drink station on Deck 9... just tell them to get used to going up there for their drinks... drinks at meals are included - other drinks, sodas and mixed or beer you are charged for if a server on deck or in a bar serves it to you... tip IS included...

So, if you go to brunch, do you get your dinner servers? If not...do you tip these servers cash?

No these are different servers that are assigned to Palo... You can charge the extra tip to your key to the world card...

Your regular servers stay in the diningrooms...

You WILL see them doing other jobs on board... they often work the breakfast and lunch seatings at the restaurants and the buffet...

How about this? My table mate requested and our server and head server made it happen. We even had choices of vanilla or chocolate sauce. My DD5 absolutely loved it!! (I already had one at Palo so I gave it to her.)

DSC00177.jpg

Yeah... they really do go out of their way to make it special...

One night my friend joked about not having mozzarella sticks on the adult menu... the next night we ALL had mozarella sticks!!! ;)

You can try...

I did 15 nights on the Panama reposition and didn't gain anything.. there's also alot of fresh fruit on board and you don't have to eat everything you see... some people think since they "paid" for it they want to get their money's worth...

Just eat regularly.. if you drink.. that's where the calories will come from...

I agree... I also think aside from the buffets the portions are not HUGE like some restaurants so, you don't overeat. I actually thinkg the portion sizes are perfect.

Could someone please post a picture of the Cinderella Glass Slipper Dessert? Thank you! :cutie:

Also, does anyone know if my very picky 14 yr old son can get regular, plain old fried breaded shrimp with NO coconut? He is so picky.... if it were not for pasta, chicken tenders/nuggets and cereal, I think he would starve! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter