Picky Eaters DDP Table Service

KCervasio

Mouseketeer
I have purchased the DDP for my family and have two extremely picky toddlers. If we decide to eat in a table service restaurant that does not have food they want to eat from the children's menu, are we able to request chicken nuggets or Mac and cheese (example-in Mexico)? TIA!

Most buffets will have something, but a Table Service with menu, you're limited to the menu.

Thanks all! I was hoping to sneak in a couple of favorite restaurants of my husband and I while on the trip. :) Maybe between now and August we can expand their palates a bit!

Nope. Not unless they have them somewhere in the restaurant, or they are willing to run out to another restaurant to get them (have heard of that happening occasionally, but only occasionally.)

On our last trip we had my extremely picky nephew with us. He was able to find something to eat everywhere we ate including Coral Reef, Sanaa, Ohana, and BOG. I would just look at the menus ahead of time, but from the kids menu you will probably find something they will eat just about anywhere.

Thanks all! I was hoping to sneak in a couple of favorite restaurants of my husband and I while on the trip. :) Maybe between now and August we can expand their palates a bit!

1) Not all eateries can accommodate "picky" eaters.
2) Restaurants post their menus, and should not have to cater to those who do not like the menu items.
. . . not the eatery's problem if the patron is a picky eater
. . . not the eatery's problem to supply an endless list of menu alternatives
3) Either the people/kids learn to eat what is presented or you should choose another place to eat.

NOTE: Yes, this sounds overly crass, but eateries should not have to offer an infinite amount of menu items to please everyone's taste or desires. If the offering are not liked, one should find another eatery.

Last edited:
1) Not all eateries can accommodate "picky" eaters.
2) Restaurants post their menus, and should not have to cater to those who do not like the menu items.
. . . not the eatery's problem if the patron is a picky eater
. . . not the eatery's problem to supply an endless list of menu alternatives
3) Either the people/kids learn to eat what is presented or you should choose another place to eat.

NOTE: Yes, this sounds overly crass, but eateries should not have to offer an infinite amount of menu items to please everyone's taste or desires. If the offering are not liked, one should find another eatery.

Yup, you're right that it's not the eatery's problem and I'm not arguing that they're wrong about it....I was just inquiring. I have a 2 and a 4 year old in tow who are a bit limited in what they eat. Since we've been to Disney about a billion times and have our favorite restaurants that we've always gone to prior to having kids, I was hoping that I could revisit a few WITH my kids. After perusing the menus of a few eateries in Epcot, I noticed that not all of them offer what my kids will eat so I asked the question. Not trying to put any of the restaurants out, but was just wondering since this is the first time we are taking our family.

I hear you on picky eaters and feelings wasteful. Can you maybe have a backup plan in case those nights your 2 lil ones don't like the meal? Ie a QS you can swing by or snacks you can get them?

I know it sounds bad but nothing is more frustrating than having the plan and then still having to feed them since they didn't eat their dinner and are hungry

My DS used to be a very picky eater. Even so, at WDW, we were usually able to cobble something together from the menu for him to eat - hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza. At some places, it just didn't work (I remember La Hacienda - he wouldn't eat anything!) So I would just stop at a QS either before or after and make sure he had something in his belly to supplement the meal he picked at.

I have a 14 year old niece that has been a picky eater since the day she was born. (Her sister, 3 years younger has always been a super adventurous eater. Go figure.) Before our trips, I try to search the menus for options she will like (see my current thread trying to find a "normal" grilled cheese sandwich).

However, I am not about to let her "pickiness" dictate the eating options for the rest of the group. She always carries enough food to tide her over to the next meal if need be including crackers with peanut butter, granola bars, pretzels, string cheese, grapes. She also likes almost any dessert, so sometimes we just let her order a dessert which she eats while the rest of us are eating our meals. Its not very nutritious, but I figure for one week a year it won't hurt her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter