Picking a second hotel

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by dawz1026, Feb 19, 2008.

1. dawz1026

dawz1026 DIS Veteran

We may start going twice a year and will stay Beach Club in April but to save we will do a moderate in October.Any input on Wilderness Lodge (I know it says deluxe but priced lower) or a favorite moderate and why?

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. MisunderstoodLilo

MisunderstoodLilo DIS Veteran

The WL is goregous and in a decent price range compared to BC.

My favorite mod is CSR...it's just goregous!

4. fla4fun

fla4fun DIS Veteran

WL or AKL can be a great compromise between a moderate and a deluxe. If you really prefer the deluxe experience, I would select one of them. The rooms are slightly smaller, but you do still have queen size beds instead of full size, and that can make a big difference in the quality of your sleep.

As far as moderates go, CBR has slightly larger rooms than the others, but all of them are laid out like a basic hotel room, with an exterior entrance. I like POFQ, because of the theme and the compact size of the resort. I also like CSR, for the lake, pool, and the three distinctive themed areas.

5. tiger4me2

tiger4me2 DIS Veteran

I would go with the WL. Larger room, closer to the MK, Epcot etc. It si one of my favorites when I can not do the Yacht Club.:thumbsup2