Pick Pocketed

Thieves are every where and don't take breaks in Disneyland either. I'm surprised that more people don't get robbed there because of all of the distractions.

I never let me guard down. Never.

If someone bumps into you, quickly check your bag/wallet.

Even though this is an old thread that got bumped - it has a lot of good ideas and reminds us not to be too complacent. Has me thinking about our bag strategy when we go in October.

I once saw a deal go down for drugs in the park, I was in line for splash mountain and it was right beside pooh corner of all places.

Where were you, incidentally?
I was in Vietnam in April, and had my camera in a cross-the-shoulder bag. One day it was pouring rain, and we stepped under an awning to look at a map...we were there no more than 20 seconds and someone ganked my camera from my bag. I realized it maybe a minute after it happened, but of course it was too late. I lost over 175 pictures. I was more upset about the pictures than the actual camera...I figure it probably fed a family that night. Oh well.
It's amazing how good they are though.

I was in Beijing, China. I would be so ill if someone stole all my camera gear! :scared1: That's one thing I do worry about because I tend to be even more distracted in DL w/ the camera gear in tow, so my solution to that is rent a locker and store the gear I'm not using at the moment.

When I travel, I carry a small sling backpack that has a little zippered cell phone pocket on the strap that falls right on your chest when you're wearing it. I put my cell phone somewhere else and use that little pocket for my cash, credit cards, entry tickets, etc. It's perfect and pretty much impossible to steal out of, unless the whole bag was cut off.

I bought a bag like that and that is what I'm planning to do with my cash, etc.

My Cousins Just got back from a 5 day Disneyland Vacation and On the line for the second ride he felt his wallet move and later when he went to get money his wallet was missing. He lost his 120$ a credit Card and his Drivers License. Weird being pick pocketed in the Happiest Place On Earth.

We just got home after spending about a week at DL. The slower fall and winter months is when we've always gone...after experiencing for the 1st time the huge crowds of rude and thoughtless people this trip I'm not surprised that people are getting their pockets picked. I'm sorry that happened to your cousin :sad2:

We just got home after spending about a week at DL. The slower fall and winter months is when we've always gone...after experiencing for the 1st time the huge crowds of rude and thoughtless people this trip I'm not surprised that people are getting their pockets picked. I'm sorry that happened to your cousin :sad2:

Just to say it again, the thread is originally from 2007, this is not a new post nor did it occur recently. Not to say we shouldn't be careful, just to point out it's an old post from 2 years ago. :)

Just to say it again, the thread is originally from 2007, this is not a new post nor did it occur recently. Not to say we shouldn't be careful, just to point out it's an old post from 2 years ago. :)

Ooops :blush: I missed that...

I still think that larger crowds lend to there being a higher chance of this type of thing.

Well i have to say, us honest and real DIS'er have to keep a watch on each other and help each other out by keeping an eye open. Anytime i've been in line for a ride and notice someones bag open or something sticking out, i either tell the person or just watch and make sure no one tries to steal something, i'm always aware of my surroundings,, That makes me sick, We go to these Disney parks to have fun and enjoy, and people want to go and screw someone over...Let's all help each other out fellow DIS'er... Lets stay united!!!!

Ooops :blush: I missed that...

I still think that larger crowds lend to there being a higher chance of this type of thing.

No worries, I tend to agree with you tho, there is a higher chance with the larger crowds. :goodvibes

Well i have to say, us honest and real DIS'er have to keep a watch on each other and help each other out by keeping an eye open. Anytime i've been in line for a ride and notice someones bag open or something sticking out, i either tell the person or just watch and make sure no one tries to steal something, i'm always aware of my surroundings,, That makes me sick, We go to these Disney parks to have fun and enjoy, and people want to go and screw someone over...Let's all help each other out fellow DIS'er... Lets stay united!!!!

It's nice to know that people do this, thanks for looking out. BTW, the OP is from 2007 :)

I have a family member that has been known to keep her cell phone and a credit card IN HER BRA while traveling. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: It's pretty funny to see the looks on people's faces when she pulls her phone out of her shirt to answer it :rotfl:

We went to DLR over the summer and were commenting on how.....EXPOSED.....some women allow their bosoms to be. While on GRR at DCA, the teenager next to us asked her grandma to hold her cell phone and promptly whipped it out of her bra in front of God and everyone. Grandma took it and promptly stashed it in her bra, also in front of God and everyone. :-)

The rest of the week, we coined the phrase "cellphone holders" to identify....GENEROUS, JUST OUT THERE, bazoombas......

I guess no one's gonna reach in there without getting themselves slapped silly!

Over 20 years ago I went to DL with my aunt who was visiting from South Africa. She was wearing a beautiful and expensive bracelet(dumb idea). While on the submarine ride, a woman sitting next to her, looked into her eyes, and my aunt suddenly felt completely relaxed yet awake. She actually saw this woman remove her bracelet! Yet, she could not do anything about it. It wasn't until she got off the ride that she realized that 1) her bracelet was stolen and 2)she had been hypnotized! Crazy!

I have a family member that has been known to keep her cell phone and a credit card IN HER BRA while traveling. :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: It's pretty funny to see the looks on people's faces when she pulls her phone out of her shirt to answer it :rotfl:

thats what my frinds do also! its actually pretty handy its just REALLY awkward when you need to get something....:rolleyes:

I'm so sorry that happened though! I keep all my things in my backpack at the bottom its very hard to get to

Over 20 years ago I went to DL with my aunt who was visiting from South Africa. She was wearing a beautiful and expensive bracelet(dumb idea). While on the submarine ride, a woman sitting next to her, looked into her eyes, and my aunt suddenly felt completely relaxed yet awake. She actually saw this woman remove her bracelet! Yet, she could not do anything about it. It wasn't until she got off the ride that she realized that 1) her bracelet was stolen and 2)she had been hypnotized! Crazy!

Ummm... okay, well, I have to say that THIS is a first for me to read of. Whoa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter