• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-board to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Superthread!

I really like your list Made2Love, but I'm wondering if you have examples of some of those shots to share. I'm particularly interested in the 60th anniversary shots, as I'm having problems trying to figure out what they will look like. Thanks.

Hi all -- I have tried to search, but I have a question about the 14 day advance. I thought I didn't want PP+ but now I'm reconsidering... we will arrive 14 days from today. If I buy today will I be ok or did I miss the boat?

You should be fine :) order today!

Photopass Photographers and Character Locations - Spotted in July 2015
California Adventure
Coming Soon to Bugs Land:
60th Anniversary photo spot
(?are there any characters in Bugs Land this summer?)
----------

Have I missed anybody who has been present this summer?

We were there July 11 -15, and Flik was back in Bugs land in that little alcove back by Heimlich's Chew Chew Train. He was really fun. Not crowded because it is kind of hard to see him as you are walking by.

There are also the Buena Vista Street Characters. We have lovely chat with and took photos with Donna the Dog Lady.

Also, both last summer and this summer, our experience has been that there is a photographer set up every night after dark to take photos facing into Carsland down the Carsland path right where you cross under to the pier. (This year there were 2, one about mid-way on the path, and one down by the pier.) Those have been my favorite photos from our trips, and people are always asking me where they were taken and are shocked when they find out the great outdoors they are seeing is man made! I highly recommend those spots at night!

Also, if you really really want one of the 60th anniversary photopass shots and are not going to be happy if you don't get it, be sure to take a photo in that location more than once. Our BTMRR 60th anniversary shot was totally messed up. Somehow the photographer zoomed in the camera, so in all the shots, all we have is a very close up of DD and I's faces in the train and then half of DH with his other half having been cut off. We don't have the whole train, the wording, or anything else of what the shot is supposed to look like. I had asked DD and DH to take a second set as we passed by, and they whined and said we already had one, so now I am giving them a hard time for that.

Also, watch out for that 60th castle shot where they put that old castle photo across the bottom corner= we had what would have been a really good family shot, but it had that effect on it and basically covers DD! I thought about calling to see if that is an after add on and if they could add a copy of the photo without it to my account (we have had to have them add Tink into Magic shots before when we were all looking at nothing), but we have enough photos, so I haven't bothered. Has anyone called them on that and had any luck?

Last edited:

I really like your list Made2Love, but I'm wondering if you have examples of some of those shots to share. I'm particularly interested in the 60th anniversary shots, as I'm having problems trying to figure out what they will look like. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I can't share mine yet as I'm still editing them and don't have the downloaded pics to upload. Nicolette shared 2 of the special 60th photo ops (Grizzly Peak & California Screamin). Nice pics Nicolette :D
You can also google "Disneyland 60th photo op ..." (Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder, Matterhorn) to find pics of the other three.

Nicolette~ thanks so much for sharing your 60th Anniversary magic shots! They are awesome and so much fun!
I am going to pre-order PP+ for our next trip, thanks to the information on this thread. I wish I had learned about it sooner, I spent a fortune on our last DLR trip on PP pictures. :upsidedow

Does anyone think the PhotoPass system will change anytime soon? We are thinking of getting a PhotoPass+ soon for our trip next April, to get it off our list of things to do and before the AUD goes down more.

Does anyone think the PhotoPass system will change anytime soon? We are thinking of getting a PhotoPass+ soon for our trip next April, to get it off our list of things to do and before the AUD goes down more.

I don't it will change but if it did, they would most likely need to honor the package they have now for the price it is at now. I don't know if I have ever seen an expiration date on it before

I
Hi all -- I have tried to search, but I have a question about the 14 day advance. I thought I didn't want PP+ but now I'm reconsidering... we will arrive 14 days from today. If I buy today will I be ok or did I miss the boat?
I ordered PPP and it took right at a week to arrive. That was in mid-July.

Thanks for sharing the pics Nicolette! These look great and now I'm excited about getting the photo pass on our trip. I like the idea of a group pic for Christmas.

Anybody know a number I can call for photo pass plus? I am 10 days out of a trip to Cali, but won't be in Disneyland till 18 days. Can I still do the pre or do they take up to 14 days to send you something?

BTW I live in NJ

Anybody know a number I can call for photo pass plus? I am 10 days out of a trip to Cali, but won't be in Disneyland till 18 days. Can I still do the pre or do they take up to 14 days to send you something?

BTW I live in NJ

It needs to arrive in the mail. So they ask you to order 14 days out so they are covered if it gets delayed in the mail.

It will probably arrive in time, but there is no guarantee.

BTW I live in NJ

You can always send it to your hotel. I have done that before. I called to let them know and they just put it aside for me.

Beware of shipping problems-I ordered mine July 6th and it still has not arrived- we got home on Monday. I talked with them today and they are having a lot of shipping issues/delays in certain regions of the county. Since I had proof I had ordered in time they honored it at the shop. But CALL photopass customer service ahead of time- they will mark your account and while they still have to call (when you get to the shop) it will be much faster process. I also took a copy of my order showing the ship date.

By the way there is a new 60th Anniversary photo op in Bugs Land. It is on the map but not yet up when we were there last Wed.

Just so I'm clear, can I verify a few things?
1. When I get home I'll be able to order a CD (that is already paid for) and on that CD I'll have pictures that Disney has given me permission to print out at say, Rite Aid?
2. As long as I have a photopass card, I don't have to go directly to the voucher redemption location? I can add the photos later in the day?

Just so I'm clear, can I verify a few things?
1. When I get home I'll be able to order a CD (that is already paid for) and on that CD I'll have pictures that Disney has given me permission to print out at say, Rite Aid?
2. As long as I have a photopass card, I don't have to go directly to the voucher redemption location? I can add the photos later in the day?

Yes the answer to #1 is right.

2. You will not have the PP+ card until you redeem it with the voucher. I find the lines are non existent at CA adv. It is super quick. You can get a regular PP card and add the pics to your PP+ later but you can't add your ride photos until you have your PP+ card. You also can't get your character meal photos unless you want to pay for them and then get refunded later.

I also have found that if you have your PP+ card the photographers spend much more time with you and do lots of poses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter