Photopass Superthread!

Wanted to report back about being able to pick up PHOTOPASS plus at goofy's kitchen and PCH grill. This only works while the PHOTOPASS staff is working. I do not know if you "need" to eat at the meal.
This is how it worked. We took our picture with mickey, the. When the PHOTOPASS person came around to sell the picture we gave her our voucher. She took it back to the room and then came back with our printed picture packet, lanyard, and pictures loaded on pass.
This is a great new option.

I ordered my PPP on 1Feb and I went to visit DLR 18-20Feb without being able to get hold of the package as I lived overseas. So I brought the email to the Photo Centre and was able to get the lanyard and ppp card. Now when I return home from the US trip until today there is no sign of the CD package and I suppose the redemption coupon code is inside there. Just wrote an email to them.... but the clock is ticking the auto-gen email saying that they will have staff replying me in 5 days. The photos inside my account said until 23Mar2015. Did anyone experience something like that? What to do if my package lost while being sent over? Worry worry worry....

What a great job you did!! Answered all but one question: is Kingwell Photo in DCA open for early admission: or only when the park is open to gen public?

How long does it usually take photos to get added to the fast pass account? We went to DL Wednesday and they were all loaded by Thursday morning when I woke up. We went to DCA Thursday and it isn't showing any now two days later. Thanks!

I ordered the prepackaged online for our trip in oct. I've had an email to tell me it's 'shipped'. What has shipped? Is this just an automatic email? X

I ordered the prepackaged online for our trip in oct. I've had an email to tell me it's 'shipped'. What has shipped? Is this just an automatic email? X
See Post #3 on the first page. They are mailing you a voucher which you need to redeem either at the photo store in DL or DCA. Also there is a CD with stock resort photos. (I'm personally hoping the stock photos have been updated a little but I doubt it)

See Post #3 on the first page. They are mailing you a voucher which you need to redeem either at the photo store in DL or DCA. Also there is a CD with stock resort photos. (I'm personally hoping the stock photos have been updated a little but I doubt it)

Thank you :thumbsup2

Thanks! They still didn't show up so I went by the photo center today. They said it should take 24 hrs and didn't really have an answer when I said it had been days but gave me a card to call customer service. They were very friendly and fixed it. They had to "reclaim" the entire card and the missing day showed up plus more I didn't realize were missing.

I had used PP+ a few times since it came out and have not had issues with missing pictures. When we were there earlier this month when I picked up my lanyard, the CM told me that I should come into the photo shop once I was finished taking all of my photos to ensure they would all be on there, and they could look for any I needed at that time. It is not a bad idea to plan out some time to do this before you leave.

Has anyone on here heard about PhotoPass Plus available at Disneyland??? We plan on getting one for our upcoming trip. I found this extremely detailed information about it from DLR Prep School (www.dlrprepschool.com)

Everything You Need to Know About PhotoPass+ (And why you should have it for your trip.)

The PhotoPass+ is one of the Extras at Disneyland that are Totally Worth It.

Let’s dive in to see why I think this is such a great add on to your trip.

This is how it works:

Pre-order PhotoPass+ (at least 14 days) before arriving and pay $69.95, rather than $99.95. (Canada friends – order at least 3 weeks prior!) Your PhotoPass+ is good for 14 days from the day you activate it and you only nerd to buy one pass for the entire 14 days. It’s such an amazing value!

If you pre-order, a package will arrive in the mail prior to your trip with details on the program and instructions on where to activate your card at the park. Show your PhotoPass+ card to Disney photographers throughout both Disneyland and California Adventure and have them take unlimited photos of you and your family in iconic photo op locations.

To begin, you’ll need to activate your card. If you start your trip at Disneyland, go to the Main Street Photo Supply on Main Street, at the end on the right, as you’re walking toward the castle. If you start your trip at California Adventure, go to Kingswell Camera Shop, which is to your right as you enter the park, just past the restrooms. If you start your visit at a character meal, the cast members there can activate your PhotoPass+ card.

-You’ll receive the images from select attractions, too. (Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, California Screamin’, Radiator Springs Racers and Tower of Terror) Photos from attractions are typically around $15 each.

-Includes “Magic Shot” photos by asking the photographer to help you set up holding Tinkerbell or other Disney characters in your photos. The characters will be photoshopped in before you leave with your images.

-Receive a photo CD with all your images in one place with customization options available. Add borders, change to black & white, add cute stickers and more. You’ll receive that CD in the mail after you customize your photos and include the code given to you at the time of the PhotoPass+ purchase. NOTE - You have 30 days after you get home to edit your photos that you want on your CD that will be mailed to you. All photos are in high resolution and will print out in 8X10 format if you bring the CD to Target, Walmart or Costco.

-Receive already printed out images from any character meal experience, except for Storyteller’s Cafe. You’ll immediately take away the following, in a folder to keep safe: 4 qty 4″x6″ in 2 styles and one large 6″x8″ photo. (Pictured above.) Photo packages from each character meal are typically $30-$40 each.

This is where it doesn’t work:

-The Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is not included in the photo package option, however, if you do a makeover at the boutique, you can opt to add the photo package and include printed photos (just like the ones mentioned above for character meals) for just over $30. I’ve done this several times and they’re super cute. Unfortunately, they are not included in PhotoPass+.

Here is why it’s important:

-First, the price is excellent if you pre-order and you’ll come out ahead if you’re planning on character meals because of the printed out photos, alone. Consider that you’ll receive the CD and more and this becomes a great value.

-PhotoPass+ gets everyone in the picture. So often, the family photographer is left out and there’s little trace of one parent or significant person in the group. You’ll want to look back and see everyone.

Some tips on using achieving good photos:

-Remove bags or backpacks if it’s convenient for your photos.

-Take your sunglasses off. (See our photo above. Wouldn’t we look better without sunglasses?)

-Back your stroller up from the photo if kids are able to stand or be held.

-Be creative with your line up and don’t always stand in the same place. Mix it up or ask the photographer to place you.
Have fun! Be happy or goofy……you’re at Disneyland…….no need to do the school picture, perfect posture pose. Or be disgruntled like my 8 year old in the above photo. Totally up to you.

Insider note: Find Eric, PhotoPass+ photographer who works in Fantasyland for the best photography experience. He works tirelessly to get the absolute shot you’re after and will spend all the time you need until you get it. He can usually be found around the carrousel – typically Saturday through Wednesday for the morning shift.

What to do if you don’t pre-order 2 weeks prior:

-If you don’t pre-order, no problem. Upon entry, go directly to the Main Street Photo Supply Company located on the right side, at the very end, as you’re walking down Main toward the castle. You can set up the same PhotoPass+ opportunity there. As you tour the park, hand over the same card for all photos taken.

What about PhotoPass (not plus):

-PhotoPass is a similar service that is not pre-paid and is offered to any guest in the park. Find a photographer upon walking in, grab a card and use the same card during your entire visit to capture all of your photos.

-When you get home, you can purchase a CD with all your images for $59.95. It will not include ride photos and you won’t get the print packages at character meals, but if you take several photos throughout your visit, this might be a good option for you. And, you can still enjoy having everyone in the photo and then edit and add borders to your photos just like PhotoPass+. You can also purchase single images starting at $14.95 each.

Which one is best for your group:

-If you only want a few iconic photos, you’re not planning on character meals, and you don’t mind passing up the ride photos, go with PhotoPass. Buy one or a few images and leave with just enough to get the main idea of your visit.

-If you have even a single character meal scheduled, I highly recommend PhotoPass+. The package, alone, at one meal can cost up to $40. Pre-ordering for $69.95 gets you printed out photos at each meal, ride photos and unlimited images from around the park. This is really a no brainer for me. Go with PhotoPass+ when in doubt.

Bonus tip: Take a photo of the back of your PhotoPass+ or PhotoPass card upon receiving it. If you lose it in the park at any point, the numbers and information on the back of the card will help track down your photos.

Even though there is a Superthread is it okay for my post to stay on here? I was just trying to be helpful.

It kind of seemed as though you wanted to promote the site that you linked at the beginning of your post, and it seemed as though you assumed that we wouldn't have heard of or had any information about PhotoPass+ here on this forum. This is a planning-based forum, so we definitely know about it! :goodvibes:

Thank you for your thoughts and tips! We do appreciate them! :banana:

I wanted to give credit where credit was due. I would have felt guilty high-jacking her info and trying to pass it off like it all came from me.

Yes I am new. I guess I made a mistake and I should have done a search first, sorry about that. Again I was just trying to be helpful.

Nope. Not her. I came across her tips the other day and found them to be incredibly helpful. I didn't want to pass these tips off as my own and wanted to give credit where credit is due. I'm also not trying to make waves or cause any problems with my post.

Bumping this up! I merged the latest PhotoPass info thread from JustCallMeVee into our Photopass Superthread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter