• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Superthread!

Just a quick note for those with the pre-ordered Photopass Plus. We are here now and using ours. All the Photopass people are super excited and somewhat baffled to see the "old" lanyard, but it's been great. Soooooo glad we got in on the preorder - it's so worth it for our 5 day trip. To my understanding, it's pretty much the same product it always was, minus the borders. We have added our ride photos, can add pics from regular Photopass cards (when one of us doesn't have the lanyard), and we got several awesome prints at Ariel's Grotto yesterday! View attachment 149951
We leave in 3 weeks and I pre purchased the Photopass plus. Do I still need to take my voucher to the photo place at the park and how do we get our ride pictures? Thanks!

I'm trying to use the new PhotoPass site to link my pre-ordered Photopass+ card number, and I have had no success this morning. It says it's not a valid PhotoPass number. Sent an e-mail to get assistance. We'll see what happens. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry if this has been clearly explained. We have done PP+ in the past and it worked so well for collecting those ride photos. Can someone explain how that works now. If I prepay for the 1 day PP+ do we still just hand our PP card over to have the picture added to our card? I'm so disappointed with this change. We usually go for 5 days and at $39 a day it will add up.

We leave in 3 weeks and I pre purchased the Photopass plus. Do I still need to take my voucher to the photo place at the park and how do we get our ride pictures? Thanks!
Yes, we took our voucher to the Photopass shop and got the lanyard. Take a photo of your ride pic so you have the number, then give that number to the photo desk at that attraction and ask them to add it to your card.

I'm trying to use the new PhotoPass site to link my pre-ordered Photopass+ card number, and I have had no success this morning. It says it's not a valid PhotoPass number. Sent an e-mail to get assistance. We'll see what happens. Anyone have any suggestions?
My DH had trouble with linking to the app, but was able to get help from a Photopass CM. It involved scanning the QR code, not the card number.

My DH had trouble with linking to the app, but was able to get help from a Photopass CM. It involved scanning the QR code, not the card number.

How did he scan the QR code? I'm not using my phone, I'm on my desktop computer at home.

Just wondering if you have been to the parks and had photos taken on your Photopass+ yet or if you are trying to add it to the site before you go? If it hasn't been activated in the parks that might mean it won't work yet?

If you have had photos taken just ignore me and I hope you hear back from them soon or that someone else here can help!

Ok, I installed the app on my phone, scanned the QR code, now I can see the pictures, but now trying to figure out (using my desktop computer) where to use the Promotion Code to get the pictures either via download or cd, hmmm. Anyone have insight on that?

I would definitely get a PP card as well. Seems like a hassle to open your phone every time and hope that you can access the barcode for the photographer. If you are from out of the country...you are screwed if you have to open the DL app that much.
Heck...I have AP, and I always grab a PP card to add to my account so that I do not have to open my phone each time for the barcode.

If you have an AP, then they can scan your AP. That's what we do. I got the Signature AP in Nov for the sole purpose of the PP pictures (the rest of the family have the regular AP). The only time we get a real PP card is if my husband is with the kids getting pictures and I'm not around, then I load them to my Sig AP via the app or website.

Sorry if this has been clearly explained. We have done PP+ in the past and it worked so well for collecting those ride photos. Can someone explain how that works now. If I prepay for the 1 day PP+ do we still just hand our PP card over to have the picture added to our card? I'm so disappointed with this change. We usually go for 5 days and at $39 a day it will add up.

Take a picture of your ride photo from the screen, make sure to get the number along the bottom. Going in through the App you select "add your ride photo" and it goes to a place where you type in the number. It took anywhere from 1 - 15 minutes for our ride photos to pop up on the app.

I'm using my Sig AP to get access & download my PP pictures so it may be a little bit different, but the last few days when DH and I were in the parks, it took about 20-30 minutes before pictures from PP photographers appeared on my app. You can choose to download the picture to your phone an there is also an option to share via social media which is nice.

Also, pay attention and look for what they call "Rover" photographers. They will NOT have a tri-pod and will take your picture pretty much anywhere you want! We found on in Fantasyland that took us to a few spots on the Riverboat. We found 2 more along the walkway in front of the Rivers of America who both took a bunch of photos, and another was at the New Orleans Train station and took our photos there. We also found one at the fountain in front of Carthay Circle, and since we had dining reservations that night, took us into the lobby for a few pictures too. I also saw rovers on the bridge over to Paradise Pier. Just ask them if they are a rover! They will ask if there is something specific you want to take pictures with, if not they'll come up with some fun ideas. We did several "mini" shoots with these photographers (and we've done the same for the past few years, just never knew they were aptly named "rovers"). If you purchased the PP+ One Day, I'd let them know and they'll likely take more pictures that normal, knowing that you'll have full access to download any & all of them.

I still hope they come back with a multi-day option for PP+, even though I currently have the Sig AP that includes the downloads for PP pictures, we used the PP+ for years and I can see us wanting to use it in the future on a year that we don't purchase AP's. FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Don't ride photos re-number ever few days. I think you have to add them within like 24 or 48 hours. Just so people don't have a bunch of ride photos they are trying to add at the end of their trip only to miss them.

Don't ride photos re-number ever few days. I think you have to add them within like 24 or 48 hours. Just so people don't have a bunch of ride photos they are trying to add at the end of their trip only to miss them.

I don't believe they recycle that quickly. I entered the wrong number at one ride on Thursday and it loaded someone else's ride photo from Jan 9th 2016

Ok, I got the pictures, whew, it wasn't intuitive that's for sure, and I'm a computer geeky kinda girl. So, was able to "link" my photos to my promo CD code. I have successfully downloaded all the pictures.

Are you still able to get magic shots with the new photopass? I know they took away boarders, but did they also take away magic shots?

If you have an AP, then they can scan your AP. That's what we do. I got the Signature AP in Nov for the sole purpose of the PP pictures (the rest of the family have the regular AP). The only time we get a real PP card is if my husband is with the kids getting pictures and I'm not around, then I load them to my Sig AP via the app or website.
I have the barcode on my phone as well, but IMO it is easier for me to pull out a PP card then have to wait for the website to load on my phone. This would be a problem also for people that are visiting from other countries.

You have 30 days to add a ride photo to your account.

Yes, we had one magic shot taken yesterday, and it came with tinkerbell. And there are no borders to select from. If you do digital scrapbooking, you can probably create your own borders.

So just a FYI - we had the PhotoPass+ that I purchased in November. We used it on Saturday, January 30th and I used it with a friend yesterday, 2/6 (since the old product was good for 14 days, gotta get my monies worth). I was able to install the Disney app on my phone, from within the app I scanned the QR code on the PhotoPass+ card, and it loaded all pictures from the 30th and yesterday. Then using my desktop computer I logged into my account and the photos were there with a watermark. Then I clicked on "link photos" and added the CD promo code that was inside the cd/dvd case that came with the voucher. Once I added the promo code the watermarks went away and I was able to select all the photos for download. I did not look, nor did I see anyway to get the photos on CD. Downloading works just fine for me.

Hope this helps others.

Wait a minute.... this new product is insanely more expensive but there are no borders? Someone please tell me I'm wrong. My camera is nicer than what the PP Photographers use. The borders are really the only reason I every bought Photopass.

Wait a minute.... this new product is insanely more expensive but there are no borders? Someone please tell me I'm wrong. My camera is nicer than what the PP Photographers use. The borders are really the only reason I every bought Photopass.

You got it right. Sorry. I do still like the PP photographers for my trips, though, so I can more easily get in the pictures with the kids (plus I've stopped taking my DSLR with me on trips). That said, if I hadn't gotten the Signature AP in November, I would probably no longer use the photopass plus. Way too expensive for a multi-day trip.

You got it right. Sorry. I do still like the PP photographers for my trips, though, so I can more easily get in the pictures with the kids (plus I've stopped taking my DSLR with me on trips). That said, if I hadn't gotten the Signature AP in November, I would probably no longer use the photopass plus. Way too expensive for a multi-day trip.

Oh, I'll still use the Photopass photographers (by handing them my camera). I guess for the first time ever I just won't be buying their product. That's nuts.

Am I reading this right? For my 4 day trip it's going to be 200 dollars now? I'm so confused. I'd really suggest changing the first few posts since it's just a bunch of dated information now. This seems insane to me. Do they really expect me to pay 200 dollars? This is a ton of money. And I just get the digital copies for that?

You can always wait until after your trip to go through your days of photos and decide if you want to purchase that days photos. It would be a shame to pre-purchase for each day of your trip only to find that you took only a few photos on one particular day of your trip that you could do without. For example: Day 1,2,4 you have 50+ photos each day and Day 3 you only took 5. To me those 5 pictures better be very important and look good for me to spend $39.99 on them just to download.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter