Photopass Superthread!

This is from the T & C on the website, and it confuses me: If you have purchased Disney PhotoPass+ for your 1-Day Visit, the Disney PhotoPass+ Window begins at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time on the date of the photo selected on the Disneyland app or on Disneyland.com when purchasing Disney PhotoPass+ (or when redeeming Disney PhotoPass+ purchased in advance) and ends at 5:59 a.m. Pacific Time on the following day.

I was never given an opportunity to set a date... so I didn't purchase anything. Also wondering about purchasing multiple days along with robin2588 - as there was no option to change quantity...

This is from the T & C on the website, and it confuses me: If you have purchased Disney PhotoPass+ for your 1-Day Visit, the Disney PhotoPass+ Window begins at 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time on the date of the photo selected on the Disneyland app or on Disneyland.com when purchasing Disney PhotoPass+ (or when redeeming Disney PhotoPass+ purchased in advance) and ends at 5:59 a.m. Pacific Time on the following day.

I was never given an opportunity to set a date... so I didn't purchase anything. Also wondering about purchasing multiple days along with robin2588 - as there was no option to change quantity...
You can pre-purchase the voucher online, and do not have to specify the date. The voucher is not activated until you take it to the park and exchange it for your PP+ card...that is the day the 24 hour period will take place (from 6am to 5:59am the next day). If you want it for more than one day, you need to purchase a one day PP+ for each day you would like to have it, and likely have to activate it each day

I talked to someone a few days ago about this... you will activate it i the park. To get more than one day, you have to buy one at a time. He said the system isn't set up to purchase more than one at a time right now.

Ooooh ok, I was missing the whole exchange voucher for card part. DL is new to me on the whole, and this change to PP isn't helping. I feel like on the whole WDW is much easier and user friendly... but it may just be I'm so used to it - thanks a bunch for the info!

So I just purchased one just to see what would happen. The confirmation email does not say you get a voucher. All it says is if you have already purchased the $39.99 download you can go and download them.

What's Next?

View Photos in Your Gallery
If you have purchased photo downloads from your gallery, they are available to view, download and share.

Disney PhotoPass Print Options
Purchase prints of any Disney PhotoPass photos in your gallery, in popular photo sizes and finishes.

It doesn't look like you get a separate card like before. Atleast the confirmation email does not say that. It seems you just add the photopass cards to the app on your phone or on website (same with codes for character dining and rides) Then according to the website you have 45 days til your photos expire on the website and are gone. You can buy the extension for $19.95 for 60 days til they are expired. I'm guessing you could purchase the Photopass + when you come back as long as its in the 45 day period (each picture is saved on disney website for 45 days from date taken) and then download your images to your phone/computer. Or if you pre-purchased just one day you just link all your photos from how ever many days you went and had photos taken, and you would probably get to select which day of photos you want to download for your $39.99 purchase. If you wanted everyday you would need to purchase $39.99 for each day. So it seems everyone just uses the normal photopass cards that the photogs give out. I'm sure instead of collecting several you can just hand them your first one you collect to scan, so your only entering one photocard number at the end of the day plus rides and character dining. There doesn't seem to be anything you activate at the parks. This is just my guess of how things are as I have not gone yet and used the new system, but from purchasing the $39.99 photopass plus product the email says nothing about a voucher or activating at the parks.

I think they are trying to eliminate having to go to the photo shop to exchange vouchers and make it more of an "easier" experience (that costs more) lol It is nice that you do not have to go to the photo shop and everything can be added and downloaded from your phone app or online website, but I do hope they come out with a product for the multi-day families. We shall see.

So, am I going to have to have a photographer scan my phone every time? That is going to eat up battery life, to be doing that all the time..

No the photopass card that you are given by a photographer is what they scan. You can collect different photopass cards from different photographers or you can try and remember to have them scan the very first one you collect. Sometimes the photographers are fast and just pull out a card and scan it before you even realize it. So all the photos they take of you are on that card now. Then you just punch that number into the app to link your photos to your account. Or if you remember and are quicker than them you can hand them a photopass card you already got from an earlier photographe to scan. Otherwise you may end up with several cards to carry around and link later on( which is fine) however, I would prefer to only keep track of one card. But if your a family that splits up everyone will get different cards and you just link them to your app later on. To me this new product is not like it was before where the photographer knew you were a photopass plus person because you had the lanyard with the mini photopass card. Now it seems everyone just collects the photopass cards from the photographers (or try to remember to have them scan the same one) and you link to your app and then you can purchase $39.99 photopass plus product and download whichever day you want or purchase multiple $39.99 products to do multiple days. Sorry i'm confusing lol It makes sense in my head but difficult to verbalize in writing.

So for example (this is still my guess on how things are working now FYI)
You go to the park today and you get stopped by a photopass photographer near the main gate for a photo. They take your photo and scan a photopass card and give it to you and your on your way.

Then you see a photographer by the castle and you want family pics there, maybe some magic shots or whatever. You can:

1) have them take your photos and they will scan a new photopass card and give you that card when they are finished (you now have 2 photopass cards) or

2) hand them the photopass card you got from the first photographer at the main gate, they will scan it and now all your photos are on the same card so far.

Now you can link these photopass cards to your app on your phone at any time (they are good for 45 days) So you can do it while your waiting in a ride line or back at the hotel at night etc...

You can collect as many photopass cards as you want, but you will have to link each and everyone to your app/website.
Or you can try and remember to have the photographers scan the first one you collected at the beginning of the day. It doesn't matter really just your preference.

Now its the end of the day your back at your hotel and you decide you want to download all the photos from the day. You have already linked all your cards, ride photos, and any character dining photos. You can purchase the $39.99 photopass plus product right then, and download all photos to ur phone through the app or you can use the online website and download to your computer.

Or if you pre-purchased the $39.99 photopass plus product then once you have linked your photopass cards to your app or website you should see this:

View Photos in Your Gallery
If you have purchased photo downloads from your gallery, they are available to view, download and share..

Meaning you are ready to download because you already purchased the photopass + product.

I'm thinking you can even buy the $39.99 product after your trip as well (as long as your in the 45 day period) That is 45 days from when the picture is taken not 45 days from buying the photopass product or 45 days from linking to your account.

This is all just a guess though. I can't think of any other way they would be doing the new way though because the email I got after purchasing the photopass plus $39.99 product gave no information except you can download and share your images when your ready.

I am assuming then that there is a time stamp on each photo that is taken - as with the old PP+ sometimes you'd not see the pictures until more than a day past when it was taken. So I go to the park and I get a bunch of pictures taken over a few days, including adding on the numbers for ride photos etc. Then I am left with a bunch of pictures at the end of my trip - am I able to say "day 1 and day 3 I had great pictures, so now I want to buy all the pictures for those two days and I ring it up online and pay $79.98?

It seems there is a perception that it must be an advanced purchase and that all that is taken on that day, would be included within that purchase - so I will be interested to see what people come back with who are going to be doing this in the parks in the next few weeks.

So... ok is there any benefit to purchasing early? The price is obviously the same... is it any easier to have it pre purchased or any perk that I'm not seeing?

Yes there is a time stamp. So if you took a photo today at 10:30am it is good for 45 days from today. Also, I believe the terms and conditions when you purchase this product talk about the stamp and it says your "window" for a one day period is 6am-5:59am the next day. So any pictures taken in that time frame would be included in your $39.99 purchase.

I don't see the advantage of pre-purchasing. That way if Day 1 and Day 3 of your trip have tons of photos and Day 2 of your trip you only have a few photos taken you can just buy Day 1 and Day 3 if you want.

I just got off the phone with a Photopass CM. If you pre-purchase the one day Photopass, it will provide a PP card barcode to link to your Disneyland Account that you can use to have the photographer scan from your phone when you take your pictures. You can also add PP cards as well. When you go on a ride with a photo op, you need to copy the photo image # in order to add to your account. When you go to the character meal, you have to ask for your photos codes so they can be manually added. Once you are done with uploading your cards and all of your photos, you then select the day you want to use the one-day PP, and you can then download those photos only.

Thank you for getting the correct info!!! My theory was close lol. I do have a bar code on my phone under the photo pass section of the app. It also says the app can take a picture of an actual photo pass card bar code to link it. I guess that's cool that you can just do without the cards all together and just let them scan ur phone. Thanks again!!

Thank you for getting the correct info!!! My theory was close lol. I do have a bar code on my phone under the photo pass section of the app. It also says the app can take a picture of an actual photo pass card bar code to link it. I guess that's cool that you can just do without the cards all together and just let them scan ur phone. Thanks again!!
I would definitely get a PP card as well. Seems like a hassle to open your phone every time and hope that you can access the barcode for the photographer. If you are from out of the country...you are screwed if you have to open the DL app that much.
Heck...I have AP, and I always grab a PP card to add to my account so that I do not have to open my phone each time for the barcode.

So I also emailed Disney Photopass to try and get the answer to some questions, as well as to let them know I was not happy about not having a multi-day option. Below is their response- it is obviously 'cut and paste' but they did try to respond to all my questions, even if they didn't quite get there!

Thank you for your inquiry regarding a multi-day PhotoPass+ product.

We regret to inform you that our 14 day PhotoPass+ product is no longer available to purchase online prior to your vacation or during your visit, in our Parks. We are now offering a new product called Disney PhotoPass+ - One Day!

With our PhotoPass+ - One Day product, you are able to download all your photos from screaming down Splash Mountain, to hugging Mickey on Main Street and those beautiful photos in front of the Castle, for one great price of $39.00! Staying in the Parks for more than one day? No problem! You will have the option to purchase multiple PhotoPass+ - One Days to cover as many photos as needed. It is available to purchase at Disneyland.com/PhotoPass, through the Disneyland mobile app, and at Disneyland PhotoPass Sales Centers.

To purchase a PhotoPass+ - One Day that will start immediately:

• Select a desired photo
(My comment:What it doesn't mention is how you get the photos in your app or account, to be able to select the photo - I assume from adding a photopass card code)

• Bring up the PhotoPass+ - One Day product option

• Confirm the date you wish to enjoy

• Download your photos straight to your mobile device or home computer

To purchase a PhotoPass+ - One Day for a future date:

• Select the Additional Products Page

• Select the PhotoPass+ - One Day product

• Confirm the date you wish to enjoy

• Download your photos straight to your mobile device or home computer (Once you have images in the account and click on the image it will offer to use the PhotoPass+ for this selected date)

Once a PhotoPass+ - One Day is redeemed, all images from that day will appear without the watermark and will be available to download and share to your social media.

Disney PhotoPass+ One Day includes-

•All of your Disney PhotoPass Photographer photos including Character Experiences and Magic Shots

•Photos from select attraction locations

Space Mountain

Splash Mountain

Radiator Springs Racers

The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

California Screamin

•Photos from select Dining locations (with an activated Disney PhotoPass+ - One Day, you will receive the prints in the park; however, once you have arrived home you would only be able to get the digital copy.)

Ariel’s grotto

Goofy’s Kitchen

Plaza Inn

PCH Grill

We regularly evaluate our products and services and are constantly trying to improve our overall online experience. At this time there aren’t any editing features available. However, once an image is purchased, you may use any digital editing software on your computer to adjust your images.

We apologize for the inconvenience but at this time we do not offer a PhotoCD product. At this time we only offer digital downloads and prints. However, once you purchase the digital image, you may upload your photographs to any website that creates customized products.

Once signed into your Disneyland.com account, access the Annual Passports dropdown menu and select “Disney PhotoPass”. Once you are in the Disney PhotoPass® of the website, you will see “Link Photos” on the top of the screen. Enter your Disney PhotoPass ID or Attraction Photo ID without dashes or spaces in the field provided. A PhotoPass ID is a series of 16 letters and numbers found on the back of your PhotoPass card. An Attraction Photo ID is an 8-character ID that consists of a letter followed by 7 numbers. It appears below your photo on the Attraction Photo monitor located near the attraction exit.

If additional assistance is needed, please don’t hesitate to ask.

One thing that is interesting - if you have already purchased the One Day pass before you have your character meal - or activated it for that day, then you do get the physical prints in the restaurant (according to this email), if you don't purchase it until later you only get the digital download.

I also see that you can no longer purchase a CD (or digital download) of all your photos once you return home- so it is individual downloads, or the one-day option for each day that has photos you want to own.

I will try and collate all the information to update the posts on the first page with the current information - so if anyone does use it at the Parks and can give me more details on how it operates in reality that would be great!

I agree that getting a card is a good idea - I'd not want to have a dozen cards to add at the end of the day although you have to add your ride photos but being able to scan them onto the app later in the day would not be much of a hassle - far better than typing in some 65 digit number on a smart phone!!

I don't even know if I will buy any pictures but if you find some great ones all on the same day then we might splurge.

Awesome!! I do like the fact that they are making it more accessible as far as being able to view it from the app on your phone, and have them scan your phone to add the pictures. I also like that I do not have to go visit the camera shop to exchange a voucher. Although, as someone mentioned earlier your phone battery will die quicker. After realizing how it works i'm okay with the changes, but bummed about the price point. Hopefully new products will come out by the time I go in May :) Thanks again for finding out more info!!!

I was talking to a Photopass CM the other day, and was told they made the changes based on answers to surveys taken at the park. Of course, having taken these surveys myself, I can tell you they never ask the right questions. haha

I suspect the change was made to be more attractive to those guests who only come to the park for a day or two, and didn't want to pay the full price for the 14 day option. I also suspect that the 14 day PP+ was not as popular with the average park goer as it was with those of us who research the heck out of our vacations before going by hopping on boards like Dis. Then again, they didn't exactly advertise the old 14 day PP+ to the masses, so it wouldn't have been very popular.

I'm sure this new product is a better way to do photopass pics with the new app, which they are trying to get people to switch over to and use, and it is easier for them to advertise it to the masses at the park. However, they really need to offer a multi-day package.

The reason the editing and border option was removed was because they assume people would rather download the pictures into their phones or tablets and use the free editing software apps or Instagram on those devices to alter your pictures. The CM said she was disappointed not to have the holiday borders in the future and suggested we contact them and let them know we wanted the back. I suspect few people actually bought photos with borders, except during the holidays, or if they were getting them for free with the old PP+ and that's why they didn't keep them. Or maybe they take up too much server space or bandwidth. They've discontinued offering all of the photo products online, so I'm sure they weren't selling that well. I suspect you can still add borders at the in park photo shops. I'll try to confirm this tomorrow when I'm there, and also whether the various photo products are still purchasable. But the CM did suggest to others near me that they could download the photos onto their computers and then take them to Walgreens to get prints. haha

She said we should contact Disney Photopass Guest Support and let them know we want multi-day photopass options, and borders and editing back.
email: DisneyPhotoPass_support@DisneyWorld.com
phone 407-560-4300
They are in Orlando, FL, hours are Mon-Sat 9:00am-6:00pm EST

Just a quick note for those with the pre-ordered Photopass Plus. We are here now and using ours. All the Photopass people are super excited and somewhat baffled to see the "old" lanyard, but it's been great. Soooooo glad we got in on the preorder - it's so worth it for our 5 day trip. To my understanding, it's pretty much the same product it always was, minus the borders. We have added our ride photos, can add pics from regular Photopass cards (when one of us doesn't have the lanyard), and we got several awesome prints at Ariel's Grotto yesterday! image.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter