• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass Questions

We bought photos at Cindy's breakfast and Chef Mickey's. I totally don't remember seeing a Photopass number on the photos at all. Darnit! We just looked at all our photos the other day and are buying a few prints. We ended up spending about $50, which is better than spending $125 for the disc. Next time we will pre-purchase and flag down every photographer we can!

It's important to note that the photographers will also take the same photos with your own camera. The only added feature to Photopass is the ability to add Disney logos, etc. to your photos. You should be able to crop, etc. your own digital photos. If you are happy with the ones they take on your camera, then you don't need to buy the cd.

Sorry if this has been answered previously...Does anyone know what the maximum number of pictures you can have once you're done your edits when ordering the photopass CD?

Sorry if this has been answered previously...Does anyone know what the maximum number of pictures you can have once you're done your edits when ordering the photopass CD?

You can get as many photos as you want when having your cds shipped. We had 3 cds last trip. However, if you choose the immediate download shipping option there is a max of 699 photos.

Can you still prepurchase the PhotoPass CD? I am not seeing on thier webstie where to do this. :confused3

Yes, you can.

This thread is 5 years old and should probably be closed just due to potential inaccurate information in the earlier posts - could be confusing.

You can find the link for the pre-purchase on www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass. I don't have the direct link saved anymore.

I just pre-ordered my photopass, I think.

I went through the process and got the confirmation. Is that it?

I don't get a special # or anything now? So, when I get to the parks what else do I need to do? I thought I would have to provide the first photographer I encounter something???

I just pre-ordered my photopass, I think.

I went through the process and got the confirmation. Is that it?

I don't get a special # or anything now? So, when I get to the parks what else do I need to do? I thought I would have to provide the first photographer I encounter something???

Now all you have to do is meet a photopass photographer. Tell them would you take pics for me, I don't have a photopass card yet. and, here's my camera. They'll take the pics, pull out a brand spankin' new photopass card, scan it and give it to you. They'll take pics with your own camera as well. Now you'll be responsible for not losing that card, so write down the number or take your own pic of the number at the back of the card. If the family splits up, just grab another card and keep track of those cards! Upload the numbers into the photopass account when you get home.

Then use that same card for subsequent photographers. The pics will pile on linked to that card number.

Thanks for the info. So I guess in reality the photpass photographer has no idea whether you have pre-ordered or even plan on buying any photos?

Also, I've read where you can add borders, etc. to images once you get back from Disney and order the disc. What if you like a pic and want a copy with the border (or whatever else they do) and one unedited pic. Can you somehow get both?

Lastly, so it's really just the 99.95? And if they take 500 pics I get all of those full resolution, on disc, with nothing else to pay?

Thanks for the info. So I guess in reality the photpass photographer has no idea whether you have pre-ordered or even plan on buying any photos?

Also, I've read where you can add borders, etc. to images once you get back from Disney and order the disc. What if you like a pic and want a copy with the border (or whatever else they do) and one unedited pic. Can you somehow get both?

Lastly, so it's really just the 99.95? And if they take 500 pics I get all of those full resolution, on disc, with nothing else to pay?

Pre purchase price will go up 3/21. Price currently at $99, will go up to 129 after 3/21. http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx

Gotta go to soccer practice, I'll post more when I get back. This pre purchase CD will allow you to edit your photopass pics as many as you want, includes magic shots for one price. only works from day of purchase on, will not include pics taken before you bought the pre offer.

Photopass will have no idea if you bought pics or not. if you tell them you bought the pre purchase, they'll take more pics than just only one or two. you can even let them use your own camera, and throw away the card afterwards just keeping your own pics on your own camera. they won't know unless you tell them.

Thanks everyone who posted. I just ordered mine for our trip in Aug. I'm sure we wouldn't have purchased if it hadn't been for this deal. Too good to pass up!

Kathy

I'm at soccer practice so forgive my shorthand.

U.can have 1 pic x 4 borders = 4 pics x 3 sizes = now 12 pics all from 1 pic, then move to next pic.. Now it might have 7 different borders, then u may want crop the pic then another will be black n white...possibilities endless exponential. And that's not even Playing with the magic shots.

Two questions:

1. Is it true that they will load Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique pictures onto your card? Is there an extra fee for that? (Guess that was 2 questions.)

2. Does anybody know if there are discounts on the CD pre-order for DVC, Annual Pass, Disney Visa, etc? (Note: I'm not asking for the codes, as I know that's illegal here...just asking if these discounts EXIST.)

Thanks, y'all!

Two questions:

1. Is it true that they will load Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique pictures onto your card? Is there an extra fee for that? (Guess that was 2 questions.)

2. Does anybody know if there are discounts on the CD pre-order for DVC, Annual Pass, Disney Visa, etc? (Note: I'm not asking for the codes, as I know that's illegal here...just asking if these discounts EXIST.)

Thanks, y'all!

Yes, they will load BBB pics. And when I was last there, i also asked about Pirate League and they said they do that too. No fee.

The pre-order is the discount. There are codes that will help though, like free shipping or free extension. They don't stack, they have expiration dates and rotate a different one in when one expires. It's the luck of the draw which one will be available at the time you are ready to order. The codes that don't work at all are those that are $$ off. They're meant for the full price CD.

What would the shipping and extension be??? Does the finished cd/dvd cost $ to ship?

To be honest I looked and found my final price and it was 105.95; apparently 2 yrs ago it was 99.95 plus 6.00 tax(to my hometown, taxes vary per state), no shipping cost. I don't remember if I applied a code or what not; when I did a Disneyland version I paid shipping and tax for that one; but I also bought other merchandise as well that time. When I look at the fine print for WDW it says pre-paid costs don't include shipping and tax.

Yes, they will load BBB pics. And when I was last there, i also asked about Pirate League and they said they do that too. No fee.

The pre-order is the discount. There are codes that will help though, like free shipping or free extension. They don't stack, they have expiration dates and rotate a different one in when one expires. It's the luck of the draw which one will be available at the time you are ready to order. The codes that don't work at all are those that are $$ off. They're meant for the full price CD.

Thank you for the quick answers! I appreciate it. Have a magical day. :wizard:

I totally spaced on the price increase for the pre-order but I decided to check the site anyway and I was just able to pre-order for the $99.95 price about 10 minutes ago. Not sure if they haven't loaded the new prices on the site yet :confused3 but I'm happy I was able to get in on the old price. Just wanted to throw that out there in case anyone forgot like me!:goodvibes

What would the shipping and extension be??? Does the finished cd/dvd cost $ to ship?
I beieve my shipping for my last CD was 4.95 to ohio back in November 2011. Extensions were 4.95 for 7 day and 9.95 for 15 day.

If you are visting DL there was a special deal where if you bought gallery CD for 39.95 or something like that there was a voucher/coupon code for photopass CD making the pp cd free. ( this only works at DL) I did get a discount on that CD with my AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter