Photopass Questions

I believe it's 30 days from the first time you enter the photopass cards to your photopass account
If I remember correctly, that's true but you also have only 30 days to enter the photopass cards. So a maximum of 60 days from the time the last pic was taken? I wouldn't wait any longer Hidden Mickey.

You can upload your own pics? That sounds a little too good to be true? Can you access borders, sigs and special FX (tink, simba etc.) with your own pics? Can anyone confirm?

OK, I just checked on this with my own account. Photos of your own that you upload can have some borders/icons added, but they're different than the regular ones available on the Disney Photopass photos. You can purchase a 4X6 of these photos for $1.49 - that is the only size available.

Photos you uploade will NOT be on the CD. I went to the screen to purchase the CD, and it gives the number of photos to be included on the CD, and the number does not included my uploaded photo.

It sounds like someone here spent some time editing their own uploaded photos expecting to get those on the CD, but they're going to be disappointed. :headache:

I have got a bunch of character dinners planned and scheduled and want to make sure I am clear...

When you are at character dinners, you can use your own camera, right? Will the photpass photographer also use your camera in these events? I know that they will us our own camera out in the park (from what I have read) but I want to be sure that I can capture the magic on my own camera.

If yes (like I assume) then what is the real benefit of the PP photog? Can I not get the same great picture with the character with my own camera for "free".

I'm happy to spend my $100 on the PP CD and make that investment, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of speding upwards of $30 at each character dinner (we're doing 5)!

Would love some perspective on this.

I guess the same question would apply to character meet and greets in the park...

Thanks All

FTDD

The restaurants that offer a photo package only take your picture once in a special location, as you walk into the restaurant.

They do not take pictures at your table with the characters, except at CRT and PSB, your Photopass 'package' photo is taken with one charater (Cinderella at CRT and either Ariel or Belle at PSB) also at the entrance to the restaurant. The other restaurants just have a special location for your family photo.

Some of the Character meal restaurants that have photo packages are Chef Mickey's, Ohana's, PSB, Donald's Safari Breakfast and CRT (photos are included in your meal at CRT). Not sure if there are any other restaurants.

The photographer or the character handler will take a photo for you with your camera if you ask them to.

I've gotten caught up in the magic and bought the photo package at the restaurants but more times than not, the photo that I took with my camera was as good or better.

That is why I love that I can look at all the Photopass photos when I get home and compare them to the photos I took and then decide which Photopass photos are really worth buying. I usually only end up buying 2 or 3 Photopass photos (in the past I've bought the Haunted Mansion 'Ghost' photo and the Test Track photo to name a couple) that I couldn't get with my own camera.

I'm totally confused. I thought the photopass was free then you purchased whatever pictures you wanted!:confused:

You are right. Photopass service is absolutely free UNLESS you decide to buy individual prints or the Photopass CD (with all the photopass photos taken on it) so it can't hurt to get as many Photopass photos taken as you can.

When going to CRT do I have to bring a photopass card with me or will they have them there?

If you already have a Photopass card and forget it, they'll just give you a new one and when you get home, you can combine all your Photopass cards/photos to one account. I prefer having all my photos on one Photopass card, however, one time I did forget my Photopass card in my room, so I just got another one that day when I had a Photopass photo taken.

courtesy of http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass , the full list of restaurants that take photos are:

Dining locations that offer photo packages are as follows:

* Cinderella's Royal Table
* Princess Storybook
* Donald's Safari Breakfast
* Chef Mickey's
* Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
* 'Ohana
* Mickey's Backyard Barbecue
* Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue

breakfastosaurus doesn't exist anymore.

neither does the haunted mansion ghost photo (to my knowledge). all covered on http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass of course tho.

breakfastosaurus doesn't exist anymore.

neither does the haunted mansion ghost photo (to my knowledge).

Donald's Safari Breakfast is much easier to spell so that's good. ;)

I know HM photo doesn't exist anymore.

my question is when you are having your pic taken for the character meal (the one that have it) do you just give the photographer your photopass card at the time the picture is taken and tell them you want it added to that ?:confused3

Even with all of the other posts about this and after reading on other sites, I still don't get it. I am no expert but I will see if I can help! :goodvibes

If I purchase the photopass CD for $125 ($25 off if I order before I go) - what actually am I purchasing? I have no intention of buying prints later; I just want someone to take pictures of DH and me while we're there. You purchase a disk with all of the pictures taken on it (and the new ones you make by adding the borders and cropping). There is also a license which allows you to go print your pictures!

Will I have access to all of the pictures after I get home? YES, all pictures associated with your card(s) are there! Each picture that you crop or add borders to becomes a "new one"!

What happens on my next trip? Do I have to pay the $125 again? Yes! This is only good for one session/trip.

It is really simple to use. I would recommend having the photographers take pictures of you every opportunity it is available! They take great pictures! It is really simple to use. When the disk arrives it is simple as well... take it to Walmart or Sam's and print away! :thumbsup2

my question is when you are having your pic taken for the character meal (the one that have it) do you just give the photographer your photopass card at the time the picture is taken and tell them you want it added to that ?:confused3

If the restaurant has a photo package, then you can only get those photos if you buy them. Once you've bought them, there will be a Photopass number on the photos you bought and you can then have access to all the photos they took to sell you that package. They will not give you that Photopass number unless you buy the package.

So no you do not give them your Photopass card. They take your photo and then will bring the package to your table to see if you want to buy it.

If the restaurant has a photo package, then you can only get those photos if you buy them. Once you've bought them, there will be a Photopass number on the photos you bought and you can then have access to all the photos they took to sell you that package. They will not give you that Photopass number unless you buy the package.

So no you do not give them your Photopass card. They take your photo and then will bring the package to your table to see if you want to buy it.
ok so them how can it be added to your photopass as stated earlier in this thread:confused3 i'm really confuesed now

from http://www.stitchkingdom.com/photopass :

Guests who dine at Cinderella’s Royal Table or purchase a photo package at another of the dining locations where a photo package is offered are in for an additional treat – those photos can be added to PhotoPass and subsequently treated like any other PhotoPass photo. The main photo will have a PhotoPass ID number (should start with EVNT) and the guest can now claim those photos either at a PhotoPass service location or on their disneyphotopass.com account as if it were another PhotoPass card.

ok so them how can it be added to your photopass as stated earlier in this thread:confused3 i'm really confuesed now

They can only be put on your Photopass account after you buy the photo package. If you buy the package then they give you the photopass number so that you can access your photos at the photopas website.

I know it can be confusing!

i recently prepurchased the photopass CD had over 300 pics taken all over the parks with different grop dynamics at each place, etc. Got home and added about 150 more with the cropping and borders and such. Let me tell you these are SUPER HIGH QUALITY pictures! I zoomed all the way in on several pics so that it was just of a face or 2 faces and the quality is SUPERB! Some of the photographers use filters for certain pics and a lot of the ones taken in countries in Epcot are truly breathtaking!

The pre-order price of $99 is SOOOO worth it! ANd we came home with about 600 of our own pics, too. But the photopass ones are just so fantastic. I just WISH they would send out photpass personell to the character dining - that would have made it perfect!

Here is the simple explanation of what to do and what you get: Go to disneyphotopass.com. Click on the pre-purchase Cd link and checkout. You will receive a conf# by email. Print and save this email. You have now prepaid ofr the copyright to ALL the photopass pics that are taken at WDW. Go to Orlando, get a photopass card (similar to a room key) from the first photopass photographer you see (most likely at the front entrance to whatever park you hit first) You can't miss them, they al wear photographer's vests. Have them take lots of pics of you, your whole group, just the kids, just the parents, etc. AS many as you like. They will then scan the bar code on the card. Take a clear digital pic of the number on the back of your card with your own camera or write it down in a safe place. If you lose this card, you can get another one anytime and combine all the numbers into one account online after you get home. Each of our kids liked the idea of having their own card - made 'em feel special! The only ride currently participating in photopass is Test Track. AS you exit the ride, there will be a cast member standing at the monitors giving out photopass cards of each of the photos. Get yours and you can add it to your account once you get home. After you get home, log into your account at disneyphotopass.com and add ALL of you photopass card numbers. Then crop and add borders all you want. Do this BEFORE YOU ORDER YOUR CD and all of these changes will be included. Once you are satisfied with all your additional pics, follow the links to order a photpass CD. When you check out there is a place to enter the code that was emailed to you when you paid before you left for Orlando. You can pay for faster shipping if you want. It took 3 days for my CD to get here.

ANd, of course, you can order the CD without the pre-purchase. Do everything I said above: get a whole hoochy load of pictures taken, come home add all your photo cards to one account, make all those crops and borders, but then it will cost you $125.

And the beauty is, if you pre-order and decide you don't want it after you get home IT IS FULLY REFUNDABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how much is the photo PKG?
Salley

The restaurant photo packages (except CRT as that one is included with the meal) run about $30 for a few photos; they're always changing the sizes so I'm not 100% sure what sizes come with it now but it's I think 4-6 photos in two sizes. Just so you can compare and see whether this package is expensive or not, one 5x7 print at WDW is $12.95.

I did my last post on my new iPhone and it was tough but it looks alright! ;)

Thanks for all the great photo pass info.

Will disney send the photo pass cd to australia?

When i am in disney can i look at the photos and then also load them, up when i get home?

I am also going to DIsneyland and on the DCL in the same trip. Can i add all of these to the one account???

thanks
Jess

Thanks for all the great photo pass info.

Will disney send the photo pass cd to australia?

When i am in disney can i look at the photos and then also load them, up when i get home?

I am also going to DIsneyland and on the DCL in the same trip. Can i add all of these to the one account???

thanks
Jess

Yes, they deliver Internationally.

Yes, you can look at your photos at WDW and at home.

Not sure about DL and DCL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter