Photobomb or "Wrong Place, Wrong Time"?

siskaren said:
Sorry, I disagree. If he did it on purpose, he's being a jerk. I will admit though, that I can't decide if I think he did it on purpose or not, because I can't really see the expression on his face (I think if he did it on purpose, he'd be smirking or something.) On the other hand, even if he wasn't picking his nose, I think it's a better shot without him because the castle fills up more of the picture with him cropped out.

Just imagine how many jerk photobombers there will be after BOG opens and people start having a beer with dinner.

Just imagine how many jerk photobombers there will be after BOG opens and people start having a beer with dinner.

:rotfl: The post above yours has a mug with "Disney Drunk" on it. And ironically, that person doesn't care about ruining someone else's picture.

People who photo bomb need a life. If that's the best they can do to get attention, they are very sorry people.

I agree. I hate when people do that. I have always taught my children to stay out of the way when others are taking pictures because that is what I want others to do for us.

I agree. It's a public place and I'm not going to be concerned with "ruining" someone's special picture. Most of us here have been to WDW multiple times. How many cutesy photos in front of the castle do you need?

I like the photobombed pictures better than the regular ones actually. :rotfl2:

And it's up to you to decide just who needs a nice photo in front of the castle and who needs a photo bomb and what constitutes a good photo?

Just because YOU have been to Disney a number of times and had photos in front of the castle does not mean everyone taking a photo there has. What you say really just sounds justification to have a little fun at someone else's expense.

There was an another thread about this a while back and I was really just shocked at how many people think it's ok to do this on purpose and come away from it thinking they're just darn cute and everyone else in the world should just lighten up.

And yes, I do get it. It's a public place. But there's a HUGE difference between someone accidentally ending up in your photo and someone purposely setting out to put their own personal stamp on your treasured photos.

My daughter and I were taking pictures of each other outside Toy Story when a gentleman exiting the ride said "Wait a minute" and put his arm around my daughter and said "now". We thought it was hysterical and we told him it made our day!

DisneyWorld2012158.jpg

And I bet that's his wife (to his left) and it looks like she's reaching into her bag for her can of pepper spray...

He WILL pay for that momentary indiscretion. Oh, yes...

I think its pretty funny! I also think that if people-free photos are REALLY important to you, schedule a photo session with Disney event photography.

I also don't think photobombing is as bad today as it used to be. Does anyone else remember WDW before character handlers, when the characters used to just be free range? Every character photo I have of my childhood also includes at least 5 other strange children. Good luck getting a photo without other people in it then! :rotfl2:

I think its pretty funny! I also think that if people-free photos are REALLY important to you, schedule a photo session with Disney event photography.

I also don't think photobombing is as bad today as it used to be. Does anyone else remember WDW before character handlers, when the characters used to just be free range? Every character photo I have of my childhood also includes at least 5 other strange children. Good luck getting a photo without other people in it then! :rotfl2:

I'm not talking about getting a photo with nobody else in it. Let's hope nobody expects that at Disney. Maybe my definition of photobomb is just different from everyone else's. I'm talking about someone else purposely doing something crazy in someone else's photo ...... because they consider it "cute".

I should not have to pay several hundred dollars to Disney event photography just to avoid people doing rude self-indulgent things.

I'm not sure which is worse though with the OP's photo....... to have it BE a purposeful photobomb........ or NOT! :rotfl:

OP - it made me giggle but ONLY because I could see immediately that he could be cropped out and still leave a nice margin around the photo. yeah, the nose-picker was being a jerk but it could have been worse.

Now, let me share a photobomb picture with my fellow DISers that will hopefully put a smile on your faces

sealphotobomb.jpg

OP - it made me giggle but ONLY because I could see immediately that he could be cropped out and still leave a nice margin around the photo. yeah, the nose-picker was being a jerk but it could have been worse.

Now, let me share a photobomb picture with my fellow DISers that will hopefully put a smile on your faces

sealphotobomb.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

There's a difference between straying into someone's picture because they've set it up in a high traffic area and deliberately going out of one's way to get into someone's picture and messing it up by picking one's nose or doing something equally silly or worse, obscene. The former, I have no problem with. The latter is rude.
Just what we need. More people getting tipsy or worse drunk at Disney. I'm sure those that have to work security are thrilled.

Feel free to bomb my photos. I don't need to have the same old boring shots as everybody else! And now that it's digital, I can take a safety shot without worrying about wasted film.

sealphotobomb.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2: I laughed so hard I snorted. Which made DH laugh. So thanks for that! :p

Well, that one pretty much sealed the deal for me...
Snort.... Where's the groan smilie?? :upsidedow

Feel free to bomb my photos. I don't need to have the same old boring shots as everybody else! And now that it's digital, I can take a safety shot without worrying about wasted film.

But the OP didn't get to retake her photo. They didn't know they got photobombed until they got home. Not a huge deal here as they can thankfully be cropped out. But not everyone can find the photobomb on a 2" screen with a quick glance.

But the OP didn't get to retake her photo. They didn't know they got photobombed until they got home. Not a huge deal here as they can thankfully be cropped out. But not everyone can find the photobomb on a 2" screen with a quick glance.

I didn't mean to imply that my situation was exactly like the OP's.

I was in Florence and a group of older people were sitting in an outdoor cafe - 4 at the table and one taking the picture. Just behind them was a huge street with 100s of tourists walking past. They are just about on the curb.

As I walked by, I turned, smiled and waved at the camera. Never stopped, just walked past along the street but turned and faced them. I turned back and continued walking. My wife watched them and they got all kinds of angry, pointing at me all flustered as I continued walking.

TOO BAD. And pathetic that someone walking by and smiling becomes such a low point in their day.

If a photographer can't take the time to find a space clear of people, then they will get people in their shot and people are free to make faces. I'm not a paid extra in their little photographic masterpiece - its a snapshot for goodness sakes. They should take another. And another. And then a zanex. And then they should lighten up about the world owing them a perfect shot, and enjoy a funny smile or nose pick in one out of 500 pics. It isn't rude at all, it is me enjoying my time in a public place without any harm to the picture takers.

Am I a jerk? Some might say that. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed Florence.

I was in Florence and a group of older people were sitting in an outdoor cafe - 4 at the table and one taking the picture. Just behind them was a huge street with 100s of tourists walking past. They are just about on the curb.

As I walked by, I turned, smiled and waved at the camera. Never stopped, just walked past along the street but turned and faced them. I turned back and continued walking...

Am I a jerk? Some might say that. I, on the other hand, really enjoyed Florence.

Downtown Rome, shooting some ambiance video, a nice young woman starts a running narrative (in Italian-accented English) of "welcome, hope you're enjoying the city, have a safe trip home" as she walked thru the frame. It's now a highlight of our Rome videos...

I don't think she was a jerk, as she added value (and a bit of humor) to the spontaneity of the shot.

Id edit the photos with just the nose picker in them and post LOL LOL LOL... you can do it in photo shop :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!