• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Thanks Harry :) I wish I got more but photos but instead ended up taking more video on that ride thru.

New to the DIS boards and just found this thread--wonderful pictures, everyone! I've used an Alpha (A350) for a couple of years now. I've recently been re-acquainting myself with it after about a year of being lazy and using my iPhone for most pictures. :rolleyes1 This thread is just what I needed to convince me to find room in the luggage for my 'real' camera on our upcoming first WDW trip.

New to the DIS boards and just found this thread--wonderful pictures, everyone! I've used an Alpha (A350) for a couple of years now. I've recently been re-acquainting myself with it after about a year of being lazy and using my iPhone for most pictures. :rolleyes1 This thread is just what I needed to convince me to find room in the luggage for my 'real' camera on our upcoming first WDW trip.

Welcome to the Dis! You will definitely want your camera on a WDW trip. There is no better place to photograph to me.

Hamilton, where ya been hidin'? Those FF bricks aren't for me. Once I went mirrorless, I fell in love. I find that I like carrying a camera that much more. So my saying would be, How about that RX1? Interchangeable lenses will soon follow.

So how about that new A99, huh?

Hamilton, where ya been hidin'? Those FF bricks aren't for me. Once I went mirrorless, I fell in love. I find that I like carrying a camera that much more. So my saying would be, How about that RX1? Interchangeable lenses will soon follow.

Well I for one would love to get my hands on the new A99 ::yes:: But looking more and more likely that the A77 will be more in my budget range :lmao:

I got the A55 right now which is great. If I get another camera, I said it would be a full frame. With all the lenses I have, looks like the A99 is the one for me, when I get the $$$ together that is. :hyper:

I got the A55 right now which is great. If I get another camera, I said it would be a full frame. With all the lenses I have, looks like the A99 is the one for me, when I get the $$$ together that is. :hyper:

Im in the same boat with the same A55 :rotfl2: Id love the A99 but think I may jump to the A77 early next year. Besides the camera being might pricey the AF-D compatible lenses aren't cheap either. Sure id be able to use my other Sony lenses just wouldn't be in AF-D mode.

I'm still toting around my A100...... I wonder how much the price of the fullframe A900 will drop on ebay as more people get their hands on the A99. The A900 would be very very tempting if the price was right.

Mike thats the main reason I'm not moving to FF. I would have to invest a ton in lenses. I think the A77 is a good move. The hope they use that new A99 dual type focus in their future apsc cameras.

Mike thats the main reason I'm not moving to FF. I would have to invest a ton in lenses. .

Yes and no. New lenses to get full advantage of the advanced auto focus system.

But even using older lenses, you *should* see advantages over shooting with a crop sensor. Whether it's worth paying almost $3,000... and then not even being able to use one of the biggest selling features, that's another story.

Mike thats the main reason I'm not moving to FF. I would have to invest a ton in lenses. I think the A77 is a good move. The hope they use that new A99 dual type focus in their future apsc cameras.

Yeah me wanting a full frame camera is like me wanting to drink wine on a beer budget :rotfl2: That just way more than im looking to spend.

How is everything, Harry! Work has been ruining me! We won a couple of big accounts here at the agency (And1, Loews Hotels) and so we've all been running around like crazy people.

The RX1 looks incredible and I'm still unabashedly in love with the NEX-7, but I've been getting some increased opportunity here at work to do some shooting of my own, so I've pulled some strings to get me into the A99. I'm thinking it'll be quite the formidable combo to have both a pistol and shotgun at my ready when it comes to shooting.

I've also been shooting a lot of video lately and the heat issues with the NEX's has been driving me nuts! My goal for the next time I go down is to make a string of shorts to some music.

Here's a quick one I found in the heaps of photos from February that I've yet to get to:

Magic Kingdom: Cinderella by Hamilton!, on Flickr

Im in the same boat with the same A55 :rotfl2: Id love the A99 but think I may jump to the A77 early next year. Besides the camera being might pricey the AF-D compatible lenses aren't cheap either. Sure id be able to use my other Sony lenses just wouldn't be in AF-D mode.

So the A-mount lenses are compatible, but you need to buy new lenses to take full advantage of the A99? Is that right or is it just to use the AF-D?

I too was thinking about the A77. Looks like a great camera but is it a big enough step up from the A55? I read that the A77 is a little worse in low light that the A55.

Hamilton, congrats on the A99. I agree with video. The Nex overheats easily. I dont have that problem on the Oly OM-D. I shoot mostly with the OM-D. The Nex has been sitting on the shelf. Mainly because of the lenses. I have the Pana Leica 25 which is an amazing lens. Its been on the OM-D 90% of the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter