Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

Looks like fun Mike. I guess I'll be stuck inside as well l. it looks like it's heading straight for New Orleans.

Hopefully this storm will move further away from you guys. How far away do you live from NO? We were fortunate with this one and didn't lose power or anything, just some above average wind and rain.

We live in Slidell which is directly across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. When you drive I10 from Mississippi as soon as you cross into La. you're in Slidell. It's about 25 miles to the heart of the city. They are saying we're going to get 8-12 ft. of surge. The tidal surge is what hurts us the most because we are surrounded by water. the Gulf and Lake Pontchartrain. For Katrina we had 10-20 ft of water around the lake front. it totally devastated our area and the gulf coast alike. we've had so much rain lately that our ground is already saturated. To top it off my wife has to stay at work from today until further notice. She's a RN and the hospital has lock down.

Mike, I'm also out of a camera for now. it's getting repaired. The rubber was coming of the grip (it's common on the Nex 7). Of all times! :-(

We live in Slidell which is directly across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans. When you drive I10 from Mississippi as soon as you cross into La. you're in Slidell. It's about 25 miles to the heart of the city. They are saying we're going to get 8-12 ft. of surge. The tidal surge is what hurts us the most because we are surrounded by water. the Gulf and Lake Pontchartrain. For Katrina we had 10-20 ft of water around the lake front. it totally devastated our area and the gulf coast alike. we've had so much rain lately that our ground is already saturated. To top it off my wife has to stay at work from today until further notice. She's a RN and the hospital has lock down.

Oh man stay safe out there buddy! How did your house make out in Katrina? I saw some crazy scary videos of all these houses built up or on stilts an the surge was up to their doors, that would scare me big time.

Mike, I'm also out of a camera for now. it's getting repaired. The rubber was coming of the grip (it's common on the Nex 7). Of all times! :-(

Well that stinks. Weren't you thinking about getting a back up camera?

Mike, my wife's parents were shrimpers. The house (camp) that she grew up in, was about 8 feet off the ground on the lake. Katrina destroyed it. There was nothing left but a few boards. My family owns a business in Slidell about 5 miles from the lake and we had about 6 feet of water inside not to mention wind damage. My wife and I had sold our 1st house 1 month before Katrina and we were staying at my parents where we got 2 trees in the roof. It took us 6months to get our business open. The worst part was no power for weeks.

Mike, my wife's parents were shrimpers. The house (camp) that she grew up in, was about 8 feet off the ground on the lake. Katrina destroyed it. There was nothing left but a few boards. My family owns a business in Slidell about 5 miles from the lake and we had about 6 feet of water inside not to mention wind damage. My wife and I had sold our 1st house 1 month before Katrina and we were staying at my parents where we got 2 trees in the roof. It took us 6months to get our business open. The worst part was no power for weeks.

Oh wow that is some scary stuff Harry. What are you doing for this storm? Also how did you the house you sold hold up?

Well that stinks. Weren't you thinking about getting a back up camera?

I have been looking into the Pentax K30 and Sony A57 but just can't see myself using a DSLR anymore. I love the size of the mirrorless cameras. I really want the stabilization and weather sealing. Now they are talking about a FF Nex maybe next year. I will have to get one of those when I hit the lottery. I did place an order for another mirrorless. I ordered the Olympus OM-D with the 12-50 kit lens and I added the Olympus 45 f1.8. There was a $150 rebate on the 45 which is regularly $399. I think the Nex and Oly will have their purpose.

This was taken with my nex-5 with the standard lens the camera came with.

Picture410.jpg

I was playing around this weekend with the "toy camera" feature on my A57 and when I get the pictures downloaded I will post them here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter