• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo sharing: Sony Alpha

I stopped trying to figure out white balance in camera and have been adjusting it after the fact in Lightroom lol. I learned that little trick from you also :thumbsup2

Took this at my daughter's wedding this past Saturday. Simple wedding because I told her if she kept the wedding to a minimum, I'd pay for the honeymoon. She did and she's going to Aulani!

588374cf.jpg

Took this at my daughter's wedding this past Saturday. Simple wedding because I told her if she kept the wedding to a minimum, I'd pay for the honeymoon. She did and she's going to Aulani!

588374cf.jpg

Hey Mr Bill, that's a really nice shot. Sounds like a really nice honeymoon.

Anyone using any of the f2.8 70-200mm zoom lenses for their Alpha? I am looking at the Tamron, Sigma, and Sony but not sure which is the best for the $$$.

I have been working on editing some pictures with Photoshop Elements for my friend so she can put the pictures as a collage of the specialty jerseys that she has.

Here are a couple that I have done so far:

ASGame1132copy.jpg

Feb1299copy2.jpg

I worked on this one for myself:
Jan2222copy.jpg

I have been working on editing some pictures with Photoshop Elements for my friend so she can put the pictures as a collage of the specialty jerseys that she has.

Here are a couple that I have done so far:

ASGame1132copy.jpg

Feb1299copy2.jpg

I worked on this one for myself:
Jan2222copy.jpg

Those came out great Grumpy :thumbsup2

Thanks ya'll! I look forward to some more night photography on my upcoming trip. I hope you can join me Mike. I've already been checking for EMH nights.

Thanks ya'll! I look forward to some more night photography on my upcoming trip. I hope you can join me Mike. I've already been checking for EMH nights.

Yeah man I talked :worship: to my wife about it earlier in the week and she is up for it :woohoo:. We most likey will just shoot up Saturday morning and stay the night at POR and then head back home Sunday afternoon/evening. Its only a 2 hour drive for us now so we can get up there pretty quick.

Some more samples from my NEX 3, this time with my 34-year-old Osawa 28mm F2.8 (Pentax K mount) lens - I took a walk around my neighborhood late at night to try out some night shots.

This was nearly pitch black to the eye - I decided I wanted to go night for day, and did an ISO1600 exposure for 15 seconds with the lens wide open:
original.jpg

A little playground area behind our clubhouse pool - mostly lit from the streetlights around the clubhouse behind me, and the neighbors' houses in the background:
original.jpg

I loved the way these trees were catching the residual light from the playground - 15 second exposure, I believe I was stopped down a bit to F8 here:
original.jpg

Some handheld fun using twilight stacking mode - ISO3200 at F2.8 of a night blooming plant (yep...ISO3200, JPG, straight from the camera!):
original.jpg

A 10-second exposure at ISO800, aperture at F8...of my house:
original.jpg

This was an unbelievably dark scene - none of this was even visible to the eye - I used the distance scale to estimate focus, stopped down to F8 to increase my chances, exposed at 15 seconds using HDR1 and ISO800...then duplicated the exposure twice and blended in screen mode for a 2-stop push to ISO3200 equivalent:
original.jpg

As you can see I took your advice and viewed this thread.....I cannot believe you took these pictures with the sony nex 3...As i said I have the nex 5. anyway I am totally a novice at photography and after my last trip I know I can do better, I am looking into new lenses. But again wanted to say thanks & these (even the others you posted) are beautiful

Thought it might be fun to take a photo of my entire Alpha kit - both my A550 and my NEX3, along with all of the lenses I use with each of them, plus adapters and teleconverters:
BCF59453041B4D139E53E5C2EAC4DE4B.jpg

Of course, since both cameras had to be IN the shot, I had to use my ultracompact to take the photo!

Thats a pretty impressive lineup you got there :thumbsup2

Ans those shots in the above post you took are night with NEX 3 are outstanding. What im most impressed by is how well it handles low light situations even with using a higher ISO

Danjocass, welcome to the Sony Alpha thread.

My photos are shot with a Nex 7. The Nex line is a great little camera. I assume you have the 18-55 kit lens( which is a really nice little lens). If you want more zoom I think you should look into the 55-210. If you want a faster lens, look into the 50 f1.8 or wait for the upcoming 35 f1.8. I look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Harry

Looks like fun Mike. I guess I'll be stuck inside as well l. it looks like it's heading straight for New Orleans.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter