Photo Sharing: Pentax

Thanks GP, I can't wait to go on it! Have to wait a few more weeks for it to open though...

I've never seen a commercial iron before! It looked so dramatic just sitting there ready for anything! lol, this was in the costume department at Theatre Aquarius... yes I am the geeky guy that takes pictures of mundane objects!

20110507-IronCubsOpendoors.jpg

Thats a beautiful Dress! She looks perfect! Hope it was a magical night for her, curious, what was the Theme for the Prom?

Thats a beautiful Dress! She looks perfect! Hope it was a magical night for her, curious, what was the Theme for the Prom?

Thank you!!! I cannot remember, but she thought it was a cheesy theme. ;)

Now, she and her friends are headed for the beach for a few hours. SO, it is going to be a few hours before we get to go to sleep...

How do you like my makeshift backdrop? :rotfl2: It was either artificial plants or a plain sage green wall.

I don't use the in body mode anymore but it was fun when I did! I now use CS5 for HDR, and LR3 to clean things up.

And thanks for the kind words!

I cannot wait until our trip to get my K-X out & snap the way Disney should be snapped!! ;0) October 1-8 are the days...I will definitely be back with LOTS of pictures!! :cool1:

Hamiltons Historic Dundurn Castle, one of our cities finest buildings! So frustrating, Photobucket is ot allowing me to resize the photo!!! Maybe its time to change to Flickr...

20110507-Dundurn.jpg

Long time no visit for me! Last visit date was 4/2 according to Disboards... nothing like standard real-world busyness to get in the way of forum activity!

Lots of nice shots posted in here... too many to comment on individually since it's been so long!

I never thought to put my ISO that high. 1600 and I start getting nervous! I'm willing to give it a try! There is no flash photography in the Haunted Mansion so just my f2.8 and a high ISO. Should I take my first shot in manual or do it in AV? I wonder if in AV if it will set my shutter speed high enough to get a clear picture??? How many trips through the Haunted Mansion do you bet it will take me to get the picture? LOL!
I think I tend to leave the camera in "P", but of course, that's a fairly customized "P". I keep thinking later that I should be used shutter priority and set it to 1/50th or 1/60th, maybe 1/30th... since you're constantly moving, you need to keep the shutter speed fairly high. Nothing else matters is the picture has too much motion blur. You may want to change your metering mode; spot metering is generally your best bet, so it meters on exactly what you're pointing at, rather that trying to pull detail out of backgrounds that are virtually invisible in real life, and blowing out all the detail in the important part while it's at it.

There are some impressive low-light and night-time shots on this thread that I have used a high ISO 3200 or higher. Whenever I push my Pentax K100D past 800 I get noise. So I will put forward two questions. A) Any suggestions on how to minimize the noise (looks like the grain of film) and B) Is there any softward to use to clean-up the noise?

I almost forgot, both now and when I'm shooting, don't forget to turn off your shake reduction when on the tripod. For the handheld, lowlight shots, for the most part, those are done with fast lenses, f1.4/1.8. Also, I really don't worry too much about people walking in front of the camera with a long shutter speed as they either don't appear or look like ghosts. Sometimes it actually adds to the image, IMO.
A good point but it's also nice to remember that shake reduction is automatically turned off when using bulb mode or the 2-second delay. This, for me, takes care of almost all the times that I use the tripod - bulb mode and a remote shutter release for fireworks, or 2-second mode for static objects.

Our oldest DD went to prom tonight!!!

231059_1895304314751_1605884553_31903986_1504423_n.jpg
She is very cute but I might ask the guy if there was a strong wind behind him on the way there - I've never seen hair like that before! :teeth:

I've almost done going through my photos from my January trip... here's a couple.

Yet another SSE fisheye by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

Sunset over World Showcase by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

Main Street Electrical Parade, Goofy by Groucho Dis, on Flickr

How about a shot of my latest DSLR?

5748595485_34f881e3ba_z.jpg

:scared1: Yes, a Nikon invaded the Pentax collection! Don't worry, it's not staying. :) I got it in trade for my K-7 - and together, it's worth about $500 more than the K-7 was so it was kind of a no-brainer. (D90 + 18-200mm VR.) I played with it a little and I really felt almost like I'd never used a DSLR before - I couldn't figure out how to do just about anything! It took me a while before I could even figure out how to do some very basic things, and I really can't stand the way high ISOs are listed as "hi1" or whatever, rather than the actual ISO. I also never did figure out how to get it into video mode, I have no idea what a couple of the buttons or sliders do, and at one point, I got it into a mode where all the settings except white balance were grayed out until I shut it off and on again. Strange! The focus is pretty fast though (probably faster than the K-7, maybe a little slower than the K-5, from purely objective observations), but overall, I was a little surprised that it wasn't more impressive. Oh, and the lens creeps, too, which I haven't seen with an OEM lens before. The only lens I've owned that did was my old Tamron 28-75mm.

So, it's up on Craigslist now... the last thing I need is is a second system! :crazy2:

OMG!!! I cant beleive you posted a pic of a D90.... I'm a little hurt, but releived its leaving your so capable hands! Love the Goofy pic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter