Photo CDs

wow sounds expensive but maybe if we can get the whole family in these shots most of the time it would be great.:goodvibes Personally, I hate having my picture taken.

I was just on the Dream last week and I have to say I am not happy with the image quality of the images on the CD.

For all the high-end photo equipment they had, I was expecing image resolution higher than what my little point and shoot (Canon PowerShot 1200) has.

The average image file size is under 1MB! Seriously, my OLD camera had larger file sizes.

So not only did I over pay for the CD (my fault I know) but now I find out I get image quality equal to my 6 year old panasonic camera? :mad::mad::mad:

Ok, I am contemplating throwing down the $400 for the CD. But I need to know one thing. I have two connecting rooms linked reservations. In one room I have myself, my DD7 & DS5. In the other room I have my wife, DD10 and my mother in law. Of course we will make appropiate room changes once we get there. My question is this, will the Cd have all the pictures from both rooms or is it one per room. Thanks.

I was just on the Dream last week and I have to say I am not happy with the image quality of the images on the CD.

For all the high-end photo equipment they had, I was expecing image resolution higher than what my little point and shoot (Canon PowerShot 1200) has.

The average image file size is under 1MB! Seriously, my OLD camera had larger file sizes.

So not only did I over pay for the CD (my fault I know) but now I find out I get image quality equal to my 6 year old panasonic camera? :mad::mad::mad:

Hmmm....very discouraging. Seems like they will try to jam as many pictures as possible on the CD even if that means they need to compress them. If that is the case, then you will not be able to print out a decent quality 8 x 10. We have split the WDW CD and it has been great. I was hoping we could do it on the cruise also, but it sounds like we might be compromising quality. We have a family group of 24 in 6 different cabins. Sounds like I may be able to get a CD of thumbnail pictures if all of our ressies are linked and our pictures can be too!:laughing:

Hmmm....very discouraging. Seems like they will try to jam as many pictures as possible on the CD even if that means they need to compress them. If that is the case, then you will not be able to print out a decent quality 8 x 10. We have split the WDW CD and it has been great. I was hoping we could do it on the cruise also, but it sounds like we might be compromising quality. We have a family group of 24 in 6 different cabins. Sounds like I may be able to get a CD of thumbnail pictures if all of our ressies are linked and our pictures can be too!:laughing:

They only allow one Cd per cabin. You cannot combine cabins pictures. They made that clear to me, since my mom and I had different last names. But I told them we were in the same cabin and they allowed our pictures to be on one CD then

I was pretty happy with my pics. Not top quality, but better than som of mine since I didn't use my big flash with them. I also got some nice portraits of my DD. I had been told here that the 3 night CD was $250, but it was actually $200. So I was pleasantly surprised with that.

I'll post a few but right now my computer is giving me troubles

205217_1999712833239_1256074446_2412715_1069119_n.jpg

218150_1999719593408_1256074446_2412730_3806742_n.jpg

207251_1999856076820_1256074446_2412824_5950560_n.jpg

217764_2001133748761_1256074446_2414636_2174526_n.jpg

215434_2001140828938_1256074446_2414645_1731813_n.jpg

Quick question.. We're going on our first Disney Cruise next month and as an anniversary gift a family member purchased a photo package for us to use on the cruise. If we decided to get the photo CD, could we use the monetary value of the photo package towards the CD instead? I can't justify paying $400 for a photo CD - the ones in WDW are only $150 and if you get them ahead of time they're $99!!! BUT if I could use the value of the printed photo package towards the price it may be worth it.

They only allow one Cd per cabin. You cannot combine cabins pictures. They made that clear to me, since my mom and I had different last names. But I told them we were in the same cabin and they allowed our pictures to be on one CD then

:confused3 others have said if your ressies are linked then you can get them on the same CD??:confused3

Will CMs take pictures with your camera? So your whole family can be in a picture and not have to buy from Shutters?

Will CMs take pictures with your camera? So your whole family can be in a picture and not have to buy from Shutters?

We do that all the time!!! We will often take the photographer's picture and then have them take one of us (the handler usually does that). Then we look at our picture versus the photographers picture and quite often decide that there's not that much of a difference.

:confused3 others have said if your ressies are linked then you can get them on the same CD??:confused3

I know some people have said no, but I would sure hope they can in some cases. We are a family 4, dd and I booked in 1 room and dh and ds booked in another. If we couldn't get 1 CD for the 4 of us, that would be the most ridiculous thing ever.

i guess im just way cheaper than most people because i find $400 ridiculous...i mean thats close to what some people pay for WEDDING pictures i love to have great pics but for $400 i'll save my money or maybe splurge on a new camera for myself right before the cruise! :yay:

Best idea so far. I have a nikon D3000 and it was less than half of the price Disney is asking for. (Though you have to buy a lens). Either way, a point and shoot camera is WAY cheaper and lasts longer with good care. You can even get a CM to take pictures for you too I've heard! Besides, candid photos are always the best in my book. :thumbsup2 I'd say splurge on a new camera for yourself and buy a small package if you see a must have photo.

No, you cannot get multiple cabins on one CD. It very specifically says one CD of all passengers in one cabin. In theory, it's possible if you had at least one "main cabin" and at least one person from that cabin was in every photo, then you'd get people from the other cabins.

It was $299 for the recent Magic 7-day Western. I'm a photo maniac, but it still wasn't worth it for the low resolution files. I have a very nice camera and the cast members (character handlers) did just as good of a job getting our family photos. I took the kid only photos. I only purchased 2 photos where I didn't have my camera along. :-)

No, you cannot get multiple cabins on one CD. It very specifically says one CD of all passengers in one cabin. In theory, it's possible if you had at least one "main cabin" and at least one person from that cabin was in every photo, then you'd get people from the other cabins.

It was $299 for the recent Magic 7-day Western. I'm a photo maniac, but it still wasn't worth it for the low resolution files. I have a very nice camera and the cast members (character handlers) did just as good of a job getting our family photos. I took the kid only photos. I only purchased 2 photos where I didn't have my camera along. :-)

Is it all strictly on facial recognition or does it also go by your room key? all 4 of us will have keys to both rooms.

Is it all strictly on facial recognition or does it also go by your room key? all 4 of us will have keys to both rooms.

It was both for us. Some showed up in our file by face recognition and some by key and some I had my key scanned and were not in our folder but on the shelves with the unclaimed. I had a few extra family members in folder too. I tried to get them out so they could find them, but I still had a few extra on my CD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter