• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

Narcosee's looks amazingly good! I'm not a big fan of cheesecake though. Dessert should be chocolate. :)

We should have run in to each other at some point that night! We got back into he park right as Wishes! was starting so we watched from right under the train station. Then we went to 7DMT! Eli is the lucky one in our group. Because we get the switch pass he gets to ride everything twice. :D

I have never eaten at Narcosee's. Your meals look YUMMY.

And CLEARLY this report is showing who the REAL lushes are on this trip! :)

Woo hoo -- Space Mountain!! I love Space Mountain!! I am excited to ride 7DMT in the non-flat form in Dec. It does look short though.

2 hours until you had to be on the bus for the 5K?? I wouldn't have even slept at that point. Little, short naps are always hard on me.

Wahoo! Caught up with the report. I am glad I am not the only one who goes to sleep at midnight for a Disney race and really lay there because I think I am going to oversleep.

WHAT WAS RUNDISNEY THINKING WHEN THEY NAMED IT FROZEN 5K?
It seemed like I had just shut my eyes (which was probably the truth) when it was already time to get up and dress for the Frozen 5K. Yesterday runDisney had posted this…

1.JPG
Well what did they expect naming it the Frozen 5K that Elsa would actually play nice and leave Florida temperatures alone? She is Elsa people; the cold never bothered her anyway. I actually like the t-shirt design…

1a.JPG
We were up and dressed in our layers in no time and made it to the bus stop meeting up with some of our cupcake friends even before the buses started running.

1b.JPG

There is a reason why we were so early…2 of our Cupcakes still needed to pick up their bibs for the run itself. We did not wait long before we were on board and headed the Epcot staging area for the run. When we got there Amy H and Buffy made a bee-line straight to the registration table, along with several other people…

2.JPG
Thankfully it took no time for them to be handed there bibs and we went in search of warmth and other Cupcakes. Looking at the weather app it was 28 degrees....Not sure it that was completely correct but I know it was COLD (even for someone who is used to cold temps). There were several of this heaters set up and after 4 failed attempts we found one that was actually working right about the same time a whole bunch of other people did too…

3.JPG
Body Warmth! We kept seeing people going into the tents and finally sent Buffy to see if they were letting people stay in them to keep warm, or if this was some perk that we did not pay for. At this point I would have PAID A LOT just to get out of the cold. Buffy motioned from the tent entrance to come on and it was a mass departure to the tent.

4.JPG
About the same time Betsy and a bunch other cupcakes arrived and ended up in the other tent next door. They kept texting us telling us to come over, I finally relented and went over to their tent…NO HEAT and made them come to our tent. We did not wait long inside until it was time to head towards the corrals. We had already decided that despite us all being in different corrals that we were going to walk this 5k as a group and headed to the second to last corral to wait and enjoy our time together…

5.JPG 6.JPG
Of course we drew a lot of attention in our attire, we Cupcakes like to make a statement where we go! And then there was of course lots of costume watching…and oh my, did some people not get the Warning? I am not positing pictures but trust me there was quite a few nippy Ariel’s in the corral. Finally, the corrals started advancing, the fireworks started sailing, and the Cupcakes started moving…

7b.JPG 8.JPG

Last edited:
Being mindful of race etiquette we broke we walked in smaller groups side by side but still as a group. Despite the cold, we were certainly having a good time being together. Funny, most of us had never met in real life building a relationship on line for the last year, but yet you would think watching us or listening to us we had been a group of friends forever. Race etiquette in place, I had to feel sorry for the people who actually were trying to run in the back corral. It was so congested that there was really no way to weave even in and out of people. I am so glad that we had all decided ahead of time that we were walking and enjoying the company of each other, or I would have been totally upset if I thought I would run this for a PR. I don’t blame the people participating at all because I did not come across a single person who I felt was intentionally or unintentionally trying to hold back those that wanted to run…there just simply was no place to go. There was no room down the center for runners because of the sure volume of people…plus most of us were even hanging off the sides and walking the grass…which is always scary because of rocks and holes. I blame RunDisney for the mess, although I really did not think it was a mess…Cupcake Attitude in full force. ..Enjoying the race, the surroundings and the people you are with. At the first mile marker a few of us decided to stop for a picture (me, Amy H, Buffy and Brandy), thinking that we could catch up with the rest of the group.

9.JPG
Well that thought turned out to be totally wrong, we never saw the other cupcakes the rest of the 5K! So we set off to have fun together stopping for selfies and hamming it up with CMs in each country…

10.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG
And of course singing Let it Go about a million times. I know this song gets old but it was fun hearing it in the native language of the country you were passing through.

14a.JPG 15.JPG
One of the funniest moments came when we spotted the phone booths in the UK. We knew we had to stop for a picture. If you can see, we have 3 “smalls” and 1 very tall cupcake and who gets in the booth last…Amy H had to point that out that she should be in the back and the smalls needed to get out of the way. So we piled back out of the booth and followed directions, getting a great picture. We continued on still thinking that we would catch up with the rest of the Cupcakes, surely they were hamming it up like we were…

19.JPG

We when got to Elsa, Anna, and Kristoff…Anna spotted our cupcakes and we had a great character interaction about chocolate cupcakes and friends.

20.JPG

I could not believe we had made to the finish line; 3 miles never seemed so fast or so fun ever! We had a great time hamming it up once again across the finish line! Apparently, Carol and Cammy got razzed at the finish line…for running. If anyone knows Carol she is pretty hard core running, and I was totally surprised to hear that she walked the entire race all but the last 100 feet and for that she gets razzed by the race announcer. Cammy and Carol decided to run the finish line and the announcer said something to the effect, “OH NOW THEY RUN.”

22.JPG 23.JPG
We received our medals (which I totally love) and snack boxes before finding the rest of the cupcakes waiting on us. Despite the cold it was totally the race that I had raced in my mind the last 12 months….CUPCAKE ATTITUDE! Enjoying the race, the people and the experience…not worrying about the time! Time to celebrate with a cupcake, right?

Looks like a freezing fun time! When I ran in January it wasn't very warm either but it wasn't that cold.

I'm guessing Elsa just wasn't very popular that week ...

I love the cupcake skirts!! So appropriate! Did you buy those or make them?

You went to sleep 2 hours before you had to be on the bus? What? I went to sleep at 10:30 and thought that was late!

Nope...Elsa was the brunt of all the jokes about Orlando and weather...

The skirts are custom SparkleSkirts...Betsy found the material in the fall, we ordered it and had it sent to SparkleSkirts so they could make us a "TEAM" custom skirt!

I don't even think it was 2 hours...Amy arrived around 1:30 and I know we were out the door by 4 am.

Narcosee's looks amazingly good! I'm not a big fan of cheesecake though. Dessert should be chocolate. :)

We should have run in to each other at some point that night! We got back into he park right as Wishes! was starting so we watched from right under the train station. Then we went to 7DMT! Eli is the lucky one in our group. Because we get the switch pass he gets to ride everything twice. :D

OH...we should have synched our plans a little better...

I love chocolate but almond flavored cheesecake tops it...

I have never eaten at Narcosee's. Your meals look YUMMY.

And CLEARLY this report is showing who the REAL lushes are on this trip! :)

No it is showing...who the one lush is. Just wait...she is already in the lead!

Woo hoo -- Space Mountain!! I love Space Mountain!! I am excited to ride 7DMT in the non-flat form in Dec. It does look short though.

2 hours until you had to be on the bus for the 5K?? I wouldn't have even slept at that point. Little, short naps are always hard on me.

I am usually not a fan of space mountain...too jerky but for some reason that night I had a blast!

Wahoo! Caught up with the report. I am glad I am not the only one who goes to sleep at midnight for a Disney race and really lay there because I think I am going to oversleep.

I have been trying to catch up with the tweedles...I am now only about 2 posts behind them. Since it was just a 5K...(when did I get to the point of it "JUST BEING A 5K"? :jumping1:) ...I was not too worried about the lack of sleep. Little did I know it would all hit us the next afternoon and really mess with plans.

Looks like a freezing fun time! When I ran in January it wasn't very warm either but it wasn't that cold.

It was a great time...the Cold Never Bothered us once we all got together...:rotfl2:

I have run quite a few races and training runs this winter where the start time temperature was lower. I hate to dress in layers cause I get so hot during a run...thankfully I was walking this 5K!

You are rolling now and I am loving it. That picture of you all in the phone booth is priceless. Is that Andreah taking a selfie of Anna and Elsa?
I have never done the 5k but I am not a great sleeper and the mixture of being über nervous and always thinking I will oversleep always goes like this. Lay down and pretend to sleep for 2 hrs then fall asleep and the next thing I know time to wake up for a race.
Can't wait to read more. you are doing a fantastic job and love the pictures. I get to see everyone in action!

You all looked so adorable for the 5K!! I didn't order any of the skirts, shirts, ears since I knew I wasn't going to be able to get there afterall, now seeing everyone I am a little sad I didn't bc I know you will all wear that stuff again for cupcake meet ups.

The 5K looked soooooo cold. I am not a good cold weather girl. Hopefully when I up my mileage for Winter & am outside more in the cold I will adjust better.

That 5K was so much fun! I have never had that much fun at a race before! I probably won't again until Nov 2016. :)

It was super duper cold that morning. I thought it would warm up so I only had on a thin long sleeve shirt under my cupcake shirt, so I stayed cold!

I'm still very behind in my TR. I think I started about 6 weeks later than y'all too! :rotfl:

I did not know you could go into the tents!! Man, I wish I had thought of that! We just kept walking around to stay warm.

I love how many pictures you guys took during the race! I was so focused on getting through it that all I did was stop for characters.

You are rolling now and I am loving it. That picture of you all in the phone booth is priceless. Is that Andreah taking a selfie of Anna and Elsa?
I have never done the 5k but I am not a great sleeper and the mixture of being über nervous and always thinking I will oversleep always goes like this. Lay down and pretend to sleep for 2 hrs then fall asleep and the next thing I know time to wake up for a race.
Can't wait to read more. you are doing a fantastic job and love the pictures. I get to see everyone in action!

Nope...that is me! Tweedle Confused likes to give me a hard time with my selfie skills...but I am starting to enjoy taking one eyed or part on me selfies! LOL

I would not have been able to sleep anyway...just waiting for Amy to get there was too much excitement. I just wish it would not have been cold so I could of enjoyed waited for her in MK.

You all looked so adorable for the 5K!! I didn't order any of the skirts, shirts, ears since I knew I wasn't going to be able to get there afterall, now seeing everyone I am a little sad I didn't bc I know you will all wear that stuff again for cupcake meet ups.
I have a set of ears for you...and rest assured there will be a new shirt for our next run! As for the skirt, I still bet we can get one made for you!

The 5K looked soooooo cold. I am not a good cold weather girl. Hopefully when I up my mileage for Winter & am outside more in the cold I will adjust better.

That 5K was so much fun! I have never had that much fun at a race before! I probably won't again until Nov 2016. :)

Runs are so much better with friends. I am totally in for the Jingle Jangle 5K...I loved walking with you!

It was super duper cold that morning. I thought it would warm up so I only had on a thin long sleeve shirt under my cupcake shirt, so I stayed cold!

I'm still very behind in my TR. I think I started about 6 weeks later than y'all too! :rotfl:

I started before the Tweedles and I am still behind them...Guess I am too wordy.

I did not know you could go into the tents!! Man, I wish I had thought of that! We just kept walking around to stay warm.

We did not know either until we sent Cammy to look...one tent had heaters the other did not! Guess which one we ended up in...lol

I love how many pictures you guys took during the race! I was so focused on getting through it that all I did was stop for characters.

We has all decided that this was going to be a walk for us...most of us had done Disney 5K before and knew that there really was not room to run...our mission was enjoy the event together...which we so accomplished! We did not stop for characters...just selfies along the way! Now the HALF was a total different story...we all focused on the race. I have never laughed so much during a race! I am super excited for us to do it all over again in 2016...

The tent we started in wasnt crowded at all. We peeked in the y'all were in but thought it was too crowded. Just being out of the wind was good!

I remember waking up and checking the temp right around starting time for you ladies and it was 28!!!! I was glad I didn't decide on the 5K at that point but I'm so glad you had fun despite the cold!!

Not a Great Way to Start Epic 4 Park Day

After the Frozen 5K we headed back to AKL to change and get ready for the day’s adventure, our epic quest to do 4 parks in 1 day. Looking back, it was probably not the greatest idea since we had a half marathon coming up in a few days but we were really trying to squeeze in every moment. We have since learned for our next Disney Race that we are going to schedule the playtime AFTER the race! We ate a few snacks from our post-race snack box to tie us over and headed out for our first park…

1.JPG

When we arrived we got a text from the Tweedles asking our location as apparently they were having issues at what was to be our first stop. EE was down, what!?! No way, this can’t be! My favorite ride in AK (and almost favorite in all of WDW)…sadly we met them near the bridge crossing into Asia where we decided to grab a cup of coffee and something to eat (or at least everyone else did).

2.JPG

From there we decided to make a new game plan and go on a little safari. And of course we had to use our PP as much as possible along the way.

3.jpeg

At the KS we were amazed that we basically walked onto the last row of an awaiting Jeep and SQUEEZED 5 ladies into the row of seating.

4a.JPG

4.JPG

Not good…Tweedle Bossy and Amy claim that they were handing off the seat, and the 3 of us in the middle took the seat. I beg to differ; I think we all had 1 cheek of the seat on that bumpy ride. Debra and Kafi had to ride, outside of the jeep hoping the entire time not to be eaten.

4b.JPG

I am trying to remember now if there were any animals even out that morning…as my camera does not have any pictures from the ride. I think we were having too much fun laughing at Tweedle Bossy trying not to fall out as she tried to take picture. Still laughing we headed back towards EE and found that people were now being allowed to enter and that the wait time was manageable enough that we could enjoy a ride together.

5.JPG

But just as we stopped to take a picture inside the queue, the dreaded news that EE was still down was announced. Completely bummed we made our way back out with the Tweedles vowing to make it back to ride later in the day. We stopped to take a few PP pictures at the tree of life…

6.JPG

Never in all my times was using PP I totally frustrated for the photographer. We had several groups of people literally walk right in between us the camera to stop and take pictures. That happens but, not when you are right at the fence line posing. They decided they needed to pose in front of us. Then there was a family with several children around the ages of 5-10 whom apparently where oblivious that this was a PP area and the children decided to make it their play area right in the middle of our pictures. We all stood there in shock…but we did get a few pictures.

7.jpeg

The Tweedles then rushed off to make their next FP time at DHS while our trio had to head back to AKL for something we forgot, which totally alludes my memory…

The tent we started in wasnt crowded at all. We peeked in the y'all were in but thought it was too crowded. Just being out of the wind was good!

I was so thankful that Cammy decided to check out the situation when we saw people headed in them...

I remember waking up and checking the temp right around starting time for you ladies and it was 28!!!! I was glad I didn't decide on the 5K at that point but I'm so glad you had fun despite the cold!!

And you felt sorry for us as you rolled over and snuggled in your covers a little more...

Quite the start to the adventure. Looks like the Yeti is bothered by the cold but Elsa isn't. Great Photopass photos tho! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the day.

It's such a tricky thing being at WDW during race weekend & figuring out how to still have fun post race, but not over-do it. I am already trying to put together a plan for Dopey since I will be there for a week. Obviously I don't want to push myself hard playing around in the parks, but I know keeping moving is good too. Thank goodness I still have plenty of time to work all of that out, but I know I will end up in the parks a little bit since I will be there solo most of the trip.

You have a set of ears for me??!! I feel so special now!!! Yea!! and I am happy about new shirts for W&D!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter