PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

Okay, I'm a little behind, but ...

Yay for finally getting some cupcakes at DHS! Wow, you really cannot get away from those cheerleaders - they're everywhere and it seems like they're not any nicer in the morning than they are at night!

No time for rides at Epcot? Sad ... but if there are no rules for 4 parks 1 day, I guess just being there counts! (Although ... you were there earlier in the day for the 5K - does that count?)

Yay for a nice view at Ohana ... but yeah, a window like that definitely gets in the way of pictures.
I love the "family" cupcake picture from Ohana!

I can't wait to hear if you made it to the 4th park ... I hope you did!

Great updates!

So, I did drink once before a half....it was not pretty. I blame my friends! They weren't watching me! But I survived and lived to tell the tale. I always say I am the perfect example of what NOT to do.

Love that you take the time to have nice meals!!!! It's so special! I think it's a great use of time and money. :-)

Mmmm, Ohana bread pudding! It's soooo good! And you were totally holding out on me! I had no idea you had a lapu lapu before Sunday! No fair! ;) Was it as strong? I swear the one on Sunday was WAY stronger than the last two I had!

Park #4…All By Myself, if Another Cupcake had not Come to the Rescue
Andreah was supposed to join us for dinner at Ohana, but thanks to the massive storm in Memphis her flight was delayed. We were just all thankful when she finally landed in Orlando! She texted that she had checked in to AKL, headed to the expo and wanted to know if we were still headed to MK. You should have heard the groans from Cammy and Amy when I asked, they decided they were going back to the room and rest. I tried to remind them that they could sleep in tomorrow morning…

phm 104.JPG
So guess who ended up at MK alone. Well not really because I texted Andreah back and told her I would meet her there. I was extremely nervous about the meet up, remember we had never met… I sat at the entrance and people watched while she made her way to MK. Spotting Andreah coming was not hard…just what I had expected PINK sweatshirt along with the most welcoming smile…

IMG_7778.jpg

You would have thought we would have taken pictures….but no! L Andreah wanted to know the rules to 4 Parks and what we needed to do to complete my mission. What rules, I told her…AGAIN EVERYONE ELSE KNEW THERE WERE RULES TO 4 PARKS! Guess I totally missed that on the DIS. She had a few things to pick up on main street, so I went along on the little shopping expedition. Can that girl shop!

19289_13051711933053_bigthumb.jpg phm 350.JPG

With her glittery pink Minnie ears purchased we headed to Tomorrowland Terrace to get her something to eat…a meal of chicken nuggets and fries, plus a brownie to go! Sitting and talking with Andreah, I soon discovered she was exhausted. It had been a long week for her putting on a convention, the storm delays, plus a 10K in the morning…I decided that it would be best to forgo any other things in MK and head back to AKL, since officially I had been in all 4 parks in 1 day…hey, that was my RULE go to each park! Next time, I will make better rules!

Usually most people make a point to ride something and eat something in each park for the four parks in a day challenge. I have yet to do it but definitely want too! Either way rules or not you look like you still had a great time.

I have done Ohana for breakfast and it was really good but I have never done dinner. I also like the lobby being more open but I wish they could've had a little but bigger of a water feature than they have in the lobby. Can't wait to hear about park 4.

I have never done breakfast...that Tonga Toast next door keeps calling me that direction!

Ohana looks so so good! Can't go wrong with meat and Lapu Lapus!! I am glad everyone enjoyed the dinner. Cammy as always being her cute funny self.
2018 marathon where is that emoticon that describes my feelings :crutches:.<---that right there!!

That bread pudding makes me want to lick the screen and the suspense of park 4

I know...I have been known to try and lick the screen too! Cammy can be a laugh a minute...

Mmmm Ohana is one of my faves!! Too funny that Betsy said to hold off & wait for the expensive meat lol.

It's kind of crazy how much thought I am already putting into 2018. Nuts really.

I don't think I will be joining you on the "dark side" to visit Harry, as much as I want to, that would mean staying another day after all the W&D fun & I just don't know if I can. Never say never though, I might...just have to hear what your plans are with that & go from there.

We just have to figure out when we are doing MVMCP....

Okay, I'm a little behind, but ...

Yay for finally getting some cupcakes at DHS! Wow, you really cannot get away from those cheerleaders - they're everywhere and it seems like they're not any nicer in the morning than they are at night!

No time for rides at Epcot? Sad ... but if there are no rules for 4 parks 1 day, I guess just being there counts! (Although ... you were there earlier in the day for the 5K - does that count?)

Yay for a nice view at Ohana ... but yeah, a window like that definitely gets in the way of pictures.
I love the "family" cupcake picture from Ohana!

I can't wait to hear if you made it to the 4th park ... I hope you did!

I am totally ashamed of my lack of energy at Epcot...but it got worse in MK...next time...

Great updates!

So, I did drink once before a half....it was not pretty. I blame my friends! They weren't watching me! But I survived and lived to tell the tale. I always say I am the perfect example of what NOT to do.

Love that you take the time to have nice meals!!!! It's so special! I think it's a great use of time and money. :-)

I learned my lesson about drinking before a half back in January...so have not done it since! LOL

To me vacation is not vacation without great meals...a treat from every day life!

Mmmm, Ohana bread pudding! It's soooo good! And you were totally holding out on me! I had no idea you had a lapu lapu before Sunday! No fair! ;) Was it as strong? I swear the one on Sunday was WAY stronger than the last two I had!

I was holding out on you...you did not ask! LOL. I don't remember if it was strong...we were all doing our best not to fall asleep and plant head first into our meals!

Usually most people make a point to ride something and eat something in each park for the four parks in a day challenge. I have yet to do it but definitely want too! Either way rules or not you look like you still had a great time.

I did have a great time...looking back I am so disappointed that I did not take pictures and that I ran out of steam...next time...

Impressive on 4 parks in 1 day. I would've been exhausted too, but nothing can keep me away from MK, so I would have to plan that for the last park of the day lol.

Glad you got to meet up with Andreah that night even if it was only briefly.

Breakfast with Cupcakes
Saturday morning found us sleeping in some, or at least more than we had done since we arrived as Saturday was declared rest day before the PHM on Sunday. I probably would have slept longer, but Dumb & Dumber were up to their usual morning antics outside our window…

9.JPG
This time the bleating was accompanied with the sound of an engine. Today, the both had gotten on the other side of the “invisible” barrier and were being corralled by CM Animal Keepers with the golf cart. But that is not what really caught my attention; we had new visitors to our savannah that suddenly made our view move up about 5 points on my rating scale…

4 (2).JPG 12.JPG
Giraffes! I can’t tell you how excited I was to finally see them out our window! Amy & Cammy can tell you because my squeal rousted them out of bed and onto the balcony. Once all of us were outside on the balcony we realized what a difference from yesterday morning…

IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2079.JPG
Declaring it a “NAKED DAY.” No more bundling up in layers, but getting to wear our SparkleSkirts as they were intended to be worn. Then it was off to meet several other Cupcakes for breakfast at Kona.

phm 394.JPG
Runners need bananas, right? And what better way to eat a banana then in some Tonga Toast

phm 113.JPG
Of course Kafi wanted to order off the special menu, but no one wanted to share with her.

phm 112.JPG
Breakfast was great fun with the Cupcakes, but our server was a totally different story. He is so lucky that we automatically got a tip because the service was awful. He was completely inattentive to our table, and Kona was not very busy. I usually am not a huge complainer about service, but when you are trying to hydrate you expect your water glass refilled at least once. He also messed up several orders, which really should not have happened because most of us ordered the exact same thing and it took forever to straighten out the bills (or even get them). Afterwards, we headed down stairs and got the treat to see a show being performed in the lobby. Kafi & Debra loved jumping in and dancing…

phm 115.JPG phm 116.JPG
We then headed to the bus stop; little did we know that bus trip would turn into something straight out of the Twilight Zone…

WHAT RULES?!?!?! :rotfl2:

YOUR RULES....:confused3:confused3:rotfl2::scared1:

Impressive on 4 parks in 1 day. I would've been exhausted too, but nothing can keep me away from MK, so I would have to plan that for the last park of the day lol.

Glad you got to meet up with Andreah that night even if it was only briefly.

I really am not sure why I threw in the towel so soon...maybe I did not want Andreah to feel like she needed to stick it out with me since I knew she had the 10k in morning...I had planned to stay for wishes...:confused3

Yea for giraffes! That would have made me squeal too!
Kona Tonga Toast deliciousness :love: -- actually, Poly just serves good breakfast as Ohana is yummy too.

Sorry about your waiter, that is sometimes the downfall on having a group of 6+ that they know they are getting a guaranteed tip, so they tend to not pay as much attention. Luckily we have not encountered that problem with our family of 6, but I have heard from others that it is common :sad2:

I would have totally stayed for Wishes, but I understand you not wanting Andreah to feel like she couldn't leave if she didn't want to (we know those RD races call for EARLY wake up).

Interested to hear about the Twilight Zone bus -- & just as I am typing that sentence, I REMEMBER the story!! :drive:

Last edited:
Hey...just noticed on your W&D ticker...it has changed from 1yr 6mo to 1yr 5mo (& some weeks) -- meaning we are pretty much at the 18mo-ish mark!! :dogdance::yay::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::Pinkbounc:dance3:party::woohoo::dancer::banana::cheer2::cool1::stitch::simba::hmghost::figment::ccat::maleficen:tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

Yes, I just used every jumping & dancing emoticon there was.

I am so excited to read about your trip. I am not a runner either but after finding jeff I'm excited and ready to tackle my first PHM. I've done a few 5Ks but this is my big challenge. I know that if I can complete this I will have achieve a dream that I've had since I saw disney create this race.

Now back to the trip report as Ive only read the intros!

April Running Update

029 (2).JPG

As you can see I made my goal for April. It was a nail biter and came down to the last day of April, but I got it done. I have been dealing with dreadful shins splints once again the last few weeks and my running has been very limited. Yes, I am doing the icing, rolling, stretching things...I have just about 100% linked the shin splints to my pre-menopausal body...as I have been tracking my random mother nature calls, shin splints and running...guess what the shin splints called it once again. UGH...I have also started taking extra iron, potassium, calcium, and magnesium... in hopes of this helping not only shin splints but the brutal return of my restless leg syndrome. The joys of getting older.

My goal for May is to hit that 300 mark and complete more than 70 miles.

Yea for giraffes! That would have made me squeal too!
Kona Tonga Toast deliciousness :love: -- actually, Poly just serves good breakfast as Ohana is yummy too.

Sorry about your waiter, that is sometimes the downfall on having a group of 6+ that they know they are getting a guaranteed tip, so they tend to not pay as much attention. Luckily we have not encountered that problem with our family of 6, but I have heard from others that it is common :sad2:

I would have totally stayed for Wishes, but I understand you not wanting Andreah to feel like she couldn't leave if she didn't want to (we know those RD races call for EARLY wake up).

Interested to hear about the Twilight Zone bus -- & just as I am typing that sentence, I REMEMBER the story!! :drive:

Tonga toast...sigh. I sure could use a little POLY and a couple bites right now. Real life stinks sometimes. It has been a really trying couple of weeks. I am in the busiest month of my job with all the end of the year data, testing, and reports. UGH, paperwork. I hate May, August and September...plus on top of it all is the family and the stress of all their end of the year activities...and I might be even more depressed to realize my baby girl graduates in 22 days.

Hey...just noticed on your W&D ticker...it has changed from 1yr 6mo to 1yr 5mo (& some weeks) -- meaning we are pretty much at the 18mo-ish mark!! :dogdance::yay::jumping1::jumping2::jumping3::Pinkbounc:dance3:party::woohoo::dancer::banana::cheer2::cool1::stitch::simba::hmghost::figment::ccat::maleficen:tigger::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald:

Yes, I just used every jumping & dancing emoticon there was.

Is it time yet...18 months...wahoo!

I am so excited to read about your trip. I am not a runner either but after finding jeff I'm excited and ready to tackle my first PHM. I've done a few 5Ks but this is my big challenge. I know that if I can complete this I will have achieve a dream that I've had since I saw disney create this race.

WELCOME! Please feel free to ask questions...I am no expert but with all of us Cupcakes around someone I am sure will have advice! You can so do the PHM with Jeff! Dreams are meant to be big and beautiful...you got this!

"Flat Debra" here. I was not a runner either until I heard of the Galloway method. It really is a great tool. I started running in early 2013 with the Galloway method & did my first half marathon in late 2013, then PHM in 2014, another half in Apr 2014, a 25K in July of last year & Ragnar Chicago. This year I am really focusing on my training & have several half marathons & a 25K on the books with my big goal of running my first marathon late next year. None of this would even have crossed my mind had I not found out about the Galloway method. You will have good days & bad days in training, but just keep being consistent. Good luck & we are here to support you.

I know you have been busy with work & the kids.

This is always a hectic time of year for us too. Just trying to keep my head above water for the rest of the month to get the kids through the school year & then a few months of somewhat calm.

Kudos on the 4 parks in 1 day! For the next trip you can try to do rides in each park ... but for now, this is better than nothing.

It really was so nice when the weather warmed up!!! It shoudl never be that cold in Florida ...

Bus trip straight out of the twilight zone ... I'm intrigued ...

Congrats on reaching your April running goal!

RunDisney Expo Antics….
Before boarding the Expo bus we had to do a little hula…

1.JPG
Everything seemed normal when the bus left the POLY until Edie (she who knows her way around property) watches the bus driver actually miss the turn to WWOS. As Amy pointed out, he thought about it and almost went for it but the last second did not. Yikes, I am so glad I was taking a quick little nap.

1b.JPG
That’s right our bus driver apparently does not know property like Edie does. I woke to confused looks from the rest of the cupcakes when they realized we ain’t in Disney anymore. Instead we were taking a detour somewhere in Orlando and from what I saw it was really not a part of Orlando I really cared to be in.

2.JPG
I think the bus driver was trying to act cool, like he knew what he was doing. Several stop lights later he decides to take a right turn and almost take out a car and a stoplight in the process. Oh man, we have been sucked up into the Twilight Zone.

2aa.JPG
We all watched out the windows with anticipation what would happen next, would we be on the news for stolen Disney bus leaves property or another Disney Bus accident. Edie watched carefully out the window and then decided to have a brief talk with the driver who assured her that he knew what he was doing (as he called in on the radio). Sometime later we managed to get back on Disney Property and get to WWOS. As we exited the bus, the driver told us that he had to reroute because of traffic, YEAH RIGHT!

2b.JPG

Safely away from the bus we busted into fits of laughter and then turned our attention on having fun at the Expo that Elsa and the cold had robbed from us a few days before…

3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter