PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

I searched and found you and I'm enjoying this already!

Me thinks I should meet you in Dallas & fly out to Orlando with you next year for W&D. Airport fun!! How did I not know about the Love Field renovations?? Then again, I haven't flown in/out of there since late 2012.

What do you mean 2 as of arrival at AKL?!?! I just had 1 on the plane. Don't try to sneak drinks in for me just to make yourself look like less of a lush! :laughing: Oh wait, are you counting my drink on the plane and then the margarita when we arrived and had lunch at the CS at AKL? Fine. I had 2 at that point. :rolleyes1

I am counting the alcohol I see and the ones that you mention...and I have seen and heard of 2 already....

SO THAT MAKES 2....I know it is hard to keep track already!

She's counting the Mara one & the plane one. Two. Bossy. Stop telling her how to do her count! :chat:

You tell her Tweedle Confused...and she says your the confused one?

Last time I checked Screwdriver + Margarita Bottle = Tweedle Bossy in the lead!

BOSSY IS RIGHT!

I searched and found you and I'm enjoying this already!

Every day is an adventure with us...just wait until the Tweedles get us kicked out of a bar!

Me thinks I should meet you in Dallas & fly out to Orlando with you next year for W&D. Airport fun!! How did I not know about the Love Field renovations?? Then again, I haven't flown in/out of there since late 2012.

It is so beautiful...not the dreary L shaped endless terminal hallway. I certainly don't mind and layover in Dallas...I know where the good margaritas are!

Last edited:

I don't know if it's because you haven't gotten to Disney yet, but ... I think some of the comments on here are way more entertaining than the recap. I can only imagine how hysterical it must have been once everyone met up at Disney!

Every day is an adventure with us...just wait until the Tweedles get us kicked out of a bar!

Uh.. don't make that plural.

TWEEDLE. As in singular.

As you recall, I was busy finding a seat... and suddenly, I'm outside.................

OFFICIAL CUPCAKE & COCKTAIL COUNT

View attachment 80812

Cupcake Count: 3
Grocery Store Vanilla Bean (2)
Zebra (Butterfinger) at AKL (1)
Giraffe (Orange Marmalade) at AKL (1)

Cocktail Count
Tammie-0 (as of AMA airport)
Cammy-0 (as of AMA airport)
Tweedle Bossy-2 (as of arrival at AKL)
Tweedle Confused-1 (as of arrival at AKL)

So THIS is the cocktail count referenced by the Tweedles...if I kept up on trip reports is be in the know!

I am really enjoying your report & all the comments too! I love your cupcake skirts, shirts & ears!!! And the stepsister costumes are great!!! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures!
I was there at the same time with my family & did the 5k & half!

WATCH OUT DISNEY THE FIRST 4 CUPCAKES ARRIVE

I really don’t remember a lot about the flight to Orlando. I am sure we chatted, played on our phones, flipped through the magazine, sighed at the fact there was no more Sky Mall to wonder who bought this stuff anyway. Flat Debra and Flat Kafi kept asking if we were there yet and kept trying to push me out the of window seat by climbing over me to look at nothing but clouds until….

1.JPG
Like magic the clouds broke and there below us were the lights of Orlando! Quickly we made our way off the plane and to baggage claim where we waited with much anticipation praying that my suitcase arrived and was not leaking!

2.JPG
Then we headed back upstairs and decided that since the airport was pretty much deserted that we might have a little “Flat” fun!

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

Debra and Kafi were not very happy that Goofy’s Candy side of the Disney store was not open. Like they needed any candy to be hyped up even more! I had to retrain them from slipping under the crack at the bottom on the accordion glass doors. After our little airport fun (and the Flat’s avoided jail time) we headed across the way and down a different set of stairs…

7.JPG

8.JPG

Where we were quickly loaded onto the most Magical Bus on earth! However this ride did not start our very magical as we were the last ones to board onto a VERY CROWDED BUS with no room for us or our luggage AND it was POURING RAIN OUTSIDE. Who cares right? We are just a few minutes away from this…

9.JPG

And thankfully we were the first stop for our overnight stay at

10.jpg

I don't know if it's because you haven't gotten to Disney yet, but ... I think some of the comments on here are way more entertaining than the recap. I can only imagine how hysterical it must have been once everyone met up at Disney!

Its the report itself....not very much exciting going on until we all get together! Can you imagine the banter going on when we were all in the same place?

TWEEDLE. As in singular.

As you recall, I was busy finding a seat... and suddenly, I'm outside.................

Your right...in this case it is singular...Tweedle Boosy has all the blame!

So THIS is the cocktail count referenced by the Tweedles...if I kept up on trip reports is be in the know!

Yep this is the count...I am on a mission to prove that I was not a total lush!

I am rolling on the floor!

I hope we can keep you entertained like this through the WHOLE report!

I am really enjoying your report & all the comments too! I love your cupcake skirts, shirts & ears!!! And the stepsister costumes are great!!! Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures!
I was there at the same time with my family & did the 5k & half!

So glad to have you following along...we can get a little silly (just read the Tweedles TR). I try to be silly, but I end up looking more silly when I try! Taken myself way too serious in real life...I like my Disney side better! Thanks...I loved how all the outfits turned out in the end! Kudos to you for the half and the FROZEN 5K! Although it started out a little too cold, it was a lot of fun!

TWEEDLE. As in singular.

Hey! I was just following directions and not wanting any confrontation! It's not my fault we paid 4$ for those empty cups and they got us kicked out of the place! :drinking1

Hey! I was just following directions and not wanting any confrontation! It's not my fault we paid 4$ for those empty cups and they got us kicked out of the place! :drinking1

Well at least they sold you the cup...they would not even sell us one! I guess they did not want them to fall into INEXPERIENCED hands...

Yay for arrival at Disney! Art of Animation is my favorite, so I'm happy to see that you spent a night there!

Don't Suck the Magic out of Arriving
Thankfully the cramped bus ride was the shortest possible as AoA was the first stop. The only thing we had to contend with was other tired travelers who were not on their best magical behavior. In fact one of them about took both Cammy and I out with the wiring of the bus when he ripped his bag from the overhead bin with such force when doing so ripped out some cables. Thank goodness for being short because when that cable came out if flew in our direction! Then there was a little tiff (okay not so little) between a couple and the wife ended up just leaving her sleeping daughter on the bus and pushed her way out, did I mention that her husband was already at the door of the bus when she threw her little fit. The fight continued at the baggage bay when both Cammy and I were pushed out of the way by the couple who then proceeded to climb into the bay arguing right over our baggage. The poor bus driver and attendants did not know what to do. All I could think about was my wine by this point and it better not get broken because of your fight. The bus driver recognized Cammy and I as the last ones on the bus and worked his way around the couple (who the attendants were trying to pry from the bay) to retrieve our few bags and we quickly said our thanks and got out of the line of fire as the fight was now escalating!

3.jpg
We made our way into the busy lobby of AoA and went straight to online check in as Cammy and the Flats looked around.

2.JPG
I am not sure what it is about checking in later at night, but the CMs are not very friendly (I found this the same when we checked into CBR even later on our last trip). I did my best to lighten the mood, but grumpy CM was not having Disney magic…however I did score a 1 pm check out time and that is all that mattered anyway. We were handed another set of Magic Bands?! I tried to question as to why we needed another set but I question feel on deaf ears as the CM went about giving me the “canned speech, “ handed me the packet of AoA information and then brushed me aside for a family standing behind me waiting to check in. I almost wonder if online check in is a reason for Disney to give less than magical service, because every time I have done online check in the result is still the same. Oh, well what I really wanted to do was to find Cammy and then pick up a Welcome Home cupcake in Landscapes of Flavor, which is exactly what we did!

4.jpg
Dragging our luggage into the restaurant was quite the experience but knew that time was short and I really needed that cupcake to put some magic back in that was being sucked out with a disappointing ME arrival. Finding the cupcakes was not hard, but any hopes of putting some magic back into the night was dashed by the LACK of cupcake choices in the refrigerated cases. I was really hoping to find that Macaroon cupcake, but what we had was the Oreo Mickey Ears or a standard cupcake with the AoA logo. I looked a Cammy and we both shrugged and agreed that it would just be the AoA; it seemed like a Welcome Home type of cupcake.

4a.jpg
We made our way up to the cashier, who I think was willing to make a trade cupcake for cupcake ears as she called other cashiers over to check them out! Here was the CM magic that I was missing and the magic was starting to be refilled until…pulling our luggage through the doors to make our trek to our room the rain had turned from a mist into a small shower. It was nothing (at this point) that would soak us very quickly but still no one likes to be wet and we were determined not to let anymore Disney magic be sucked out of the night!

7.jpg
We set out on our trek dodging puddles while LONGING to stop and look at the over the top statues first in the Lion King section and then in the Little Mermaid area.
6.jpg
Our room could not be further away from the Animation Hall…that’s right Building 8! But we were having fun the rain (as much as one can dragging luggage) until we

8.jpg
Passed by Ariel and found the elevator for a quick ride up to the 4th floor and then down the long outside hallway until we found our room…

1.JPG

That fight on the bus - holy cow! How can these people be so angry at Disney?

I'm sorry to hear your CMs weren't so magical, but that cupcake-loving cashier helped make up for it!

Building 8 is the one Little Mermaid building I've never stayed in ... but I can imagine that's not a fun walk in the rain!

I think our next family trip will be AoA if I can't convince DH to buy DVC (which I won't). So I love seeing the pictures.

That stinks about the fighting. I mean, trust me, I want to strangle DH many-a-times on vacations...but I'll do it in private! Hahahaha! :rotfl2:
(kidding Dispolice.. I will not strangle my husband. I will only apply the silent, death glare treatment.. of which the effect is..nothing). Ha!

AoA Mermaid Room Review
Room Grade B

Opening the door the first thing that struck me (after hiking forever in the drizzle) was SLUMBER party. Apparently my room reservation was not looked at we ended up with 1 bed for the 4 of us. At this point it did not really matter, we would be here only for a few short hours plus I did not want to waste time at the front desk when I could be exploring the resort at night! But that’s the next TR Entry, let’s talk about the room!

Room Theming
Grade A+

1a.jpg

We asked for Little Mermaid and we got Little Mermaid. The décor of the room is just what you would think…Disney throws up Little Mermaid. I loved all it, especially have my own Prince Eric painting near the bed to swoon over!

6.JPG

Everywhere you looked you found the theming, including the carpet and curtains! The octopus wall hooks came in especially handy when we needed to hang up our wet clothes overnight!

5.JPG

4.JPG 7.JPG
Room
Grade B

I have admit the King sized bed was very spacious for the 4 of us and our slumber party. Cammy and both are edge of the bed type of people anyway so we never bumped in the night! The bed itself was very comfy and the bedding was soft. I hate white bedding, but at least you knew it was clean and fresh. The room as large enough for 2 adults comfortably, so that is a plus! I would hate to have been in a room with 2 queen beds because it would have been tight quarters! Plus gotta love the Welcome Home Mickey!

3.JPG

The 2 chairs and small table were not used other but to stack things on, but I don’t imagine that would be very comfortable it sit in for periods of time. Which makes me stick to my personal opinion that Disney “Value” rooms are not meant to relax in, but a FUN place to lay your head on between trips to the parks and keep the magic going. I just don’t get the relaxing feeling when I stay value, maybe because I have never allowed myself to truly relax.

12.jpg

The vanity was quite small and it was hard for 2 of us to get around in the space provided in that area. Not designed for 2 women attempting to do hair and put on makeup! But we made it work (the firsthand knowledge/experience of growing up with a house full of girls). I would hate though to get 4 people around in this area.

Bathroom
Grade F

11.jpg

While the theming is wonderful, the plumbing is a NIGHTMARE! First of all, it takes about 3 flushes to get anything to move down the commode, including just toilet paper. And then if you wait a few minutes, unDisney magic appears back in the bowl. ICKY, but I have to be honest. It happened every single time. Then when you do flush you feel like the whole room is going to be sucked down too and a shower of water comes out with such force. I felt like the pipes were going to burst out of the wall every time I flushed. Also, you would hear every toilet flush around you…not fun in the middle of the night.

Room Location/View
Grade C

I knew that by requesting a room at AoA we would be in the section farthest away from Animation Hall. I just guess I did not realize just how far that was, especially in the rain! Our room view was a V of Hour Glass Lake on one side and the outcropping of another wing on building 8 on the other side. There was really no place to enjoy the view other than to wait for the other person to open the door. But it was pretty and of course, did I take a picture, NO!

Last edited:
Yay for arrival at Disney! Art of Animation is my favorite, so I'm happy to see that you spent a night there!

I was pretty excited about staying here for the night...and Cammy loves Ariel!

That fight on the bus - holy cow! How can these people be so angry at Disney?

I'm sorry to hear your CMs weren't so magical, but that cupcake-loving cashier helped make up for it!

Building 8 is the one Little Mermaid building I've never stayed in ... but I can imagine that's not a fun walk in the rain!

It can be very easy to get angry at Disney...I have had my share of melt downs...but it was raining, it was late at night, it was a packed bus, they had tired kids. Yep, all a recipe for an EPIC MELTDOWN.

It was quite a hike to the room, really nothing we could not handle but I would hate to make that trip several times a day while on vacation.

What an unmagical trip on the Magical Express!! People fighting??!!

AoA looks super cute!

It was super cute...maybe for a 1 night stay for us. I would love to check out Lion King (BUT NOT NEMO, you know my thing with Dory and Nemo). I would love to take my boys to AoA for Cars!

I think our next family trip will be AoA if I can't convince DH to buy DVC (which I won't). So I love seeing the pictures.

That stinks about the fighting. I mean, trust me, I want to strangle DH many-a-times on vacations...but I'll do it in private! Hahahaha! :rotfl2:
(kidding Dispolice.. I will not strangle my husband. I will only apply the silent, death glare treatment.. of which the effect is..nothing). Ha!

I think your girls would love it. For more of our Cupcake/adult/girls trips I prefer something else! I know my family would love this resort!

Now I think I would strangle my DH...I do need to find a DIS name for him. Maybe Fun-Hater Huntsman :confused3

Although yesterday he told me that he was talking to some friends of ours who are headed down for their yearly trip next week and he told them that they needed to buy DVC and we would help them use their points and they could use our cabin.
LOL!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter