PHM15: A Frozen Cupcake Celebration & Carnage as No Cupcake is Left Behind

Congratulations on half marathon #3 & half fanatics qualification! :cool1: That's Amazing!!!!
Good for you getting motivated, I've only run 4 times since Princess. It really needs to warm up soon here.

Sounds like a nice race - except for the end! I am not a fan of hills!!!
And I love the peacock sparkle skirt!
So sweet to have your cupcakes cheering you on! And your cupcake treat looks delicious!

Thank you...It was run with very little runs after PHM. I just could not seem to get back in the training mode. It was not pretty but it is DONE! Peacock Sapphire has become my FAVORITE skirt...although I will not allow myself to wear her on training runs! She makes me feel pretty! I sometimes don't know what I would do without these ladies cheering me on from afar or day to day! They are certainly a cast of amazing characters!

I love the idea of 3 Pi and a Chai - even if you walked most of the time, that's better than nothing!

Congrats on the Rock n Roll Half ... sounds like it was a great event! I love the pictures from the course. Although that hill towards the end sounds like a killer.

I love that the cupcakes were with you in spirit, even though they couldn't be there in person!

I know I should never beat myself up for walking...Cupcake Kafi is always in my head with her "JUST GET THE DISTANCE IN" motto for training...no matter how ugly it is! It was fun to make this running have a theme...

Thank you...I am so glad it is OVER, hills are not my favorite and I am doing a lot of hill work for some upcoming races that I have planned! The course was fun to look at! I like races where I have things to see...

Tammie - congrats on finishing that Dallas RnR half. I didn't have the info (or the time - dang Uncle Sam!) to follow you, but I did see your initial post and Amy's updates. I'm sorry it didn't go as you would have liked but you finished and you PR'd!! That's awesome and amazing! We need a goal to train for, and we were planning to go for coast to coast next year, but watching what happened with Wine N Dine registration this year, we have just about given up on runDisney races and the Coast to Coast medal :( It's just not worth the stress and hassle to try to make sure we both get registered in a 35 minute window, then the possibility of being able to register for East Coast and missing West, or vice versa. So we are looking at other options - even for this year! (We couldn't fit Coast to Coast in our 2015 schedule, so we had been hoping for 2016). We are very intrigued by the Lake Powell Half (and the whole series of Vacation Races in national parks), but that race is the same weekend as the Denver RnR half. With Katie staying in Denver for her career after graduation, we are thinking of doing that one this October. That can be our coal to train for. Blah Blah Blah sorry for all the writing, but I'm doing a quick drive-by between HUD audits (due 3/31) and tax returns. If you're interested in Denver RnR maybe we can meet. And run AT ALTITUDE! (oh no!)

Sadly, Debra got sick right before and had to bail on the race…which made me a nervous wreck to be doing a race COMPLETELY ALONE (usually Cammy is along for the ride, but could not make this weekend). But I also knew this was something that I needed to do, although I had little training runs done since PHM and really was unprepared. I knew I could finish in the course time limit…

I am sitting here reading this, while still coughing like mad. Ugh. I have got to get my immune system right, otherwise I will never make it through marathon training.

I am SOOOO proud of you for RnR Dallas & qualifying for half fanatic!! :yay:

Do Animals Really Get Up This Early?

1.jpg

Morning started out VERY early, as AK was having EMH at 7 am instead of the usual 8 am…giving us another hour to experience 2 of our favorite attractions, more on those later. Cammy and I basically rolled out of bed freshened up a bit and headed to Animation Hall because playing in the rain did not bode well with Cammy’s heels, the worst thing for a half marathon coming up BLISTERS. Truth be told, she already had blisters but the rain and wet shoes just made them worse. We were lucky to find just what we needed (along with an open gift shop) and a group of CMs who kept grabbing us and leading us to different CMs to show off our Cupcake Mouse Ears.

2.JPG

With First Aid things in hand we headed towards the bus by 6:30 am (yes I said 6:30 am) and just a short ride later we were at AK…with the lights still on! I wonder if any of the animals will even be up?

3.JPG

Yep, it was EARLY…in fact Tweedle Bossy was wondering what on earth we were doing at AK so early…the Queen of Rope Drop did not know that AK had EMH at 7 am! We made our way to a bench where we set to work playing doctor and nurse (really more like Dumb and Dumber) trying to get the bandage on.

4.JPG

Then we through the entrance we stopped for a picture at the Tree of Life

5a.JPG 5.jpeg

Before making our way towards my favorite mountain at WDW! Kafi was a bit nervous as she had never ridden before, but we really gave her no choice in the matter! So we sat in the back, so we could ease her into the ride!

6.jpeg

Good news is that she survived! However, the next time through a CM saw our ears and asked us if we wanted to wait for the first car…

7.JPG

Um, YEAH, like “Do we love Cupcakes?” Thankfully Kafi was about to be mugged for our ears by a lady who apparently owned a cupcake shop and had to have them, so she did not have time to think about what was about to happen. When we loaded the CM running the ride had to stop and come over to us to check them out (If I had a pair to sell every time we were stopped I would have paid for the trip) all this was enough time to send Kafi into somewhat of a panic.

8.JPG 10.JPG

Good news is that Kafi survived and LOVED EE…even telling us that she was going to try it with her kids on the next trip!

Last edited:
After 2 rides we decided that we better go check out some other attractions, because last time we were in AK we were only able to do EE and KS because of bus issues and expo issues. We headed over to Cammy’s favorite section, Dinoland! Were we took a little spin…

12.JPG 13.JPG

and then tried to scare the Dinosaurs that were trying to scare us!

15.jpeg

Since it was still so early, what to do?

15a.JPG

How about a little dancing and drumming to get you moving and a groovin...more like to get you warmed up! I love these guys! Kafi sure busted a move (which I promptly forgot to document because I was laughing so hard). And since we are in the area, let’s go see if the animals were awake and head out on a safari. Lucky for us, we scored the first seat, right behind a VERY CUTE DRIVER whom Kafi had to keep checking him out instead of watching for the animals…apparently she likes the human man animals the best!

16.JPG

She missed a great safari because it seemed as if all the animals were out on this somewhat chilly morning!

19.JPG

Apparently the cold weather however, was making these guys a little testy! After our little jeep adventure we decided to hike into the jungles, only to find that these guys really were not at all happy with the cold and had not come out to play! We did manage to catch a glimpse of the hippo…

19a.JPG

By this time the park was now open to everyone and it was steadily becoming more crowded so we decided that it was time to eat a little something. Debra and I had our hopes set on a little Dole Whip with rum, but apparently Disney does not think I need even more extra magic in my morning a refused to sell me one until 11 am! Haters! Sorry Tweedles, just wanting an adult beverage does not count for the cocktail count unless the 2 of you are thinking about them.
20.JPG

So we had to settle on my other choice,

22.JPG

Frozen Chai tea Latte (which I was very disappointed that I did not get the Hidden Mickey Whip Cream Top)! Cammy settled on some coffee and this amazing thing (since again there was NO CUPCAKES TO BE FOUND IN ANY OF THE CARTS…trust me I looked for them at every stop)…

21.JPG

We found a little quite table nestled back in the sun to WARM ourselves and enjoy our little treats! Of course Debra turned up her nose because both the coffee and the Danish were laced with chocolate. Then it was time to head out on our next adventure…

Just checkin to make sure you are reading...

Tammie - congrats on finishing that Dallas RnR half. I didn't have the info (or the time - dang Uncle Sam!) to follow you, but I did see your initial post and Amy's updates. I'm sorry it didn't go as you would have liked but you finished and you PR'd!! That's awesome and amazing! We need a goal to train for, and we were planning to go for coast to coast next year, but watching what happened with Wine N Dine registration this year, we have just about given up on runDisney races and the Coast to Coast medal :( It's just not worth the stress and hassle to try to make sure we both get registered in a 35 minute window, then the possibility of being able to register for East Coast and missing West, or vice versa. So we are looking at other options - even for this year! (We couldn't fit Coast to Coast in our 2015 schedule, so we had been hoping for 2016). We are very intrigued by the Lake Powell Half (and the whole series of Vacation Races in national parks), but that race is the same weekend as the Denver RnR half. With Katie staying in Denver for her career after graduation, we are thinking of doing that one this October. That can be our coal to train for. Blah Blah Blah sorry for all the writing, but I'm doing a quick drive-by between HUD audits (due 3/31) and tax returns. If you're interested in Denver RnR maybe we can meet. And run AT ALTITUDE! (oh no!)

I totally understand Susan and so happy to see you check in during your busy time! Thanks! I will take a PR even if it is 7-8 seconds. The stress of registration is really starting to weigh on people...although I think we have come up with a plan for our next RunDisney Event to avoid some of that. With Abbie going away to college in the fall I am not sure that C2C is in my budget just yet! LOL...darn college bills! Katie is staying in Colorado....hmmmm, I bet I could have predicted that a few years ago...I love all your outdoor pictures you take with her and all the fun things you do! I have thought about RnR Denver, not sure how that is going to play out because I have applied for a different position with the state instead of my local school district...so a lot of me is up in the air. But that would be great to meet up in Denver since we cant seem to get do it in Texas. I am REALLY LOOKING at RnR Vegas as a 20th Anniversary trip since we are not going to get to our Alaskan Cruise this summer. I actually have 3 halves at altitude on my race calendar...May-Red River, NM...June-Estes Park, CO...July-Eagle Nest, NM....ALTITUDE here I come!

I am sitting here reading this, while still coughing like mad. Ugh. I have got to get my immune system right, otherwise I will never make it through marathon training.

I am SOOOO proud of you for RnR Dallas & qualifying for half fanatic!! :yay:

I need you get get well...we have races to do together. We need to think about the immune system!!!! Thank you...I just wish you would have been there. Half-Fanatic...WHOOOP WHOOP...CHECK!

Running/Training Update
March 23-31

Since my latest half now 10 days ago I find my body rebelling against me completely, which is not good considering I have another half 10 days away. Last week all I seemed to do was be able to get out and walk each day during lunch for my normal 2 miles. No running, I tried in fact 2 nights in a row but my body was literally not having it and when I went to start an interval my feet suddenly became like lead and I just could not lift them off the pavement to run. I had planned to run a 5K on my own during the weekend but Saturday I was lazy and Sunday the wind was horrid...so basically I blew it off in hopes that rest would do the body good.

Monday and Tuesday I was not able to get in my lunch walk because we are in testing season at school and I was tied with testing.So last night, I had motivation to get out there and run a 5K...a free t-shirt for a virtual run with the Rock & Roll Series to kick off Las Vegas Registration. I also bought myself a new toy for running!

garmin.jpg rock and roll vegas.jpg

So what great reasons to get out there and run...only my body again said NO WAY. I did manage a few more intervals then the dismal attempts at running last week. I ended up walking the 5K, hey there was no time limits and at least I am out there right and earning my free shirt. As for RnR Las Vegas I am really trying to budget it in this year. It is my DH and my 20th anniversary this summer and we are not going to be able to swing the Alaskan Cruise thanks the DD headed off to college in the fall. Hopefully it wont sell out too fast and I will have a couple of months to budget for it!

Like I said I have a half in 10 days...it is a local race, which anyone that knows me I just simply don't do because we have a pretty small running community who RUN...not interval and they don't like to wait for turtles like me. I needed a 3rd half and I signed up for it before I agreed to run with Debra at RnR Dallas. The saving grace on this one is that a marathon is being run at the same time so I can basically walk as much as I need and not have the course closed on me or people waiting on me. I hate wasting the registration fee, but right now I simply do not know if my body is going to hold up enough to do it! Time will tell...

I did yesterday sign up for a 5K at the beginning of June. I have gotten to the point where 5K really don't interest me much...weird but this one is a novelty run...

blacklight.jpg
Basically a Color Run at Night...sounds like fun and it is close to home. Plus I know there will be a ton of people doing the race and I have the cover of the night to hide my running insecurities. Just a way to get some mileage in...

Screen-Shot-2014-12-18-at-1.16.57-PM-856x1024.png

Speaking of mileage how is Team RunDMC (Run for Disney, Moscato & Cupcakes) doing in the challenge to run/walk 2015 miles in 2015? My personal mileage was not as good as February's mileage but I met my goal of at least 42 miles for my share of the Challenge...

January 30.39 miles
February 99.45 miles
March 51.65 miles
Total Miles in 2015: 181.49 miles

I am nearing that 200 mark. My goal for April is 68.51 miles! I would like to make it to 250 miles which would put me on track for 1000 miles on my own for 2015.

Tammie - congrats on the Garmin. Now we should connect. I am not impressed with Garmin's social media connections, so I have no idea how to connect with you. But let me know if you figure it out. Sounds like your body is telling you to rest, so rest it out. Walk when you can. Walking can burn as many calories as running, and it's good for your heart, mind and soul. Hang in there!

We did Blacklight run last June in Austin and I have to tell you, we were not impressed. Hopefully your local one will be better. First, it was only 2.8 miles, not 3.1. It was not an officially measured or timed course. Also, it was a great excuse for a bunch of people to have a rave party and drink a lot of beer. The course was not well-lit, and between lighting and people running who had already had a few beers, there were several people off to the side with sprained ankles and/or puking. Not to mention the guy who skipped the whole course (which I felt like was mocking those of us who may have been more serious about our running.) Anyway, we won't do that again. But I definitely hope your experience is better.

Yesterday as I was making the new April 2,015 in 2015 file, I could not for the life of me remember what your team name stood for. Now I know!

1,000 mi for the year is a great goal! That was my goal last year...and, well, we know how many months I sat out injured. I am hoping to be able to start doing my intervals soon. I need to get some running miles under my belt before OKC half at the end of the month. If you can get the mileage needed for 1,000 mi this year, that will put you well on your way to marathon training. I need to get my base up by the end of this year. I want to go into marathon training strong & I think "official" training for next year's full starts in about a year.

I have never done a blacklight run, but I am sure you will have fun. I am like you though, 5K's don't really do much for me. I would rather do the longer distance.

3, 4, plus a Little More Before We Head to the Door

After our little snack break it was time to find out what the wait time was for EE and see if we could squeeze in a few more rides before the crowds became too heavy, after all it was just a little past 9 am which would be regular opening time most days…

1.JPG 2.jpeg

YAY…15 minutes wait for rides 3 & 4 was so in our plans!

3.JPG 4.jpeg

Afterwards we decided to venture into the jungles of Asia to see what animals we could see…which ended up being…

6.JPG

1 tiger everyone else decided to stay inside where it was warm. With no animals to see we entertained ourselves along the trail.

5.JPG

As we left the jungles of Asia we approached a VERY BAD MOTHER! The temperature was probably in the upper 40s by this point of the morning, not bath suit or water coming from fountain weather even in Elsa Frozen world. But apparently this mother thought that is was proper attire as she had her 4 year old stripped to the swimsuit playing in the fountains near KRR. Let me note that KRR was not even open due to the cold! Shaking our heads we decided to take 1 last adventure that neither of us had taken before…

7.JPG

Conservation Station! I must say this is truly a little hidden gem, if you are science/nature/animal lovers! Getting off the train we stopped to say high to Rafi and then…

8.jpeg

Visit with Chip & Dale. There was not much of a line so we decided to have a little character fun…little did I know that Chip & Dale would also practically eat the cupcakes off our heads and try to steal our jackets because they thought they would get hot chocolate to warm up with from the cup (which lead to a very odd experience…one of them placing their fingers in a very inappropriate place). YIKES! We then went inside to warm up a little and get educated! We both busted out laughing when we saw this sign…

9.JPG

I know you probably don’t get it, but MOST of our Cupcake talks lately had been around running a half marathon and hormones! We then went outside to the petting zoo, where I had really no desire to touch animals (because then I would have to wash my hands in the COLD water afterwards and my son is in FFA and we have been dealing with most of these animals on a daily basis for the last few months). However, our attention was focused on this little lady…

10.JPG

She is quite cute but just as we stopped to admire her cuteness this kindly older CM came over to warn us that she may be cute but she is a naughty girl and then gave us her history. Thankfully she liked us because she did not feel the need to spit at us! Satisfied with our adventures in Animal Kingdom it was time to head back to AoA, because changes were in the WIND…and I LITERALLY MEAN IN THE WIND! I knew it got cold in Orlando, but this wind?????

Sounds like a great morning at AK.
Chip and Dale are always one of my favorite character interactions ... they're always super funny. And they have tried to steal stuff from us in the past (like my backpack one trip... but thankfully Chip gave it back)

:cold: It was sooooo cold!!!!!!!!! I was so jealous of your early morning at AK on Thursday, especially when we had all our issues at AK on Friday morning! :rolleyes:

I haven't been up to Conservation Station since 2008! We really need to get back over there.

I can't believe you got felt up by Chip...or Dale?? That is what happened, right?!!? You didn't give enough detail so my perv mind was going all kinds of places! :rotfl:

What a fun morning at AK! Chip & Dale always make me laugh. Too funny they tried to eat the cupcakes off your headbands. Conservation Station is fun, but it usually stinks lol.

I was just about to log off, then right after I commented, the page flew up a few posts prior that I guess I missed. so awesome about 7am EMH!! Surprised it was so early...that's Christmas time EMH. Seems like you got a lot done. That was my first time on Primevil Whirl lol.

Did you ever get a Dole Whip with rum??

Tummy Rumblings & Cupcake Disappointment
Thankfully the night before I was able to secure late check out for us at AoA, which gave us time to come back to the room to shower, change and pack. Soon we said good-bye to Ariel, stopped to admire the Lion King section in the sunlight with no rain,

1.jpg
and drug our suitcases to Animation Hall where we checked our luggage with bell services and off we went to find something for lunch in Landscapes of Flavor.

2.jpg
Before I get into what we had for lunch, I must say that I really hate how Landscapes of Flavor is laid out. I felt like I was zig sagging back and forth from side to side and the lines (you would have thought with all of that back and forth I would have spotted what the Tweedles found at Mara…and I could update the cocktail count). The lines to order from were very confusing as to where the line actually formed at and where you order at. I felt like I was cutting people the entire time. But back to the FOOD, I actually knew already what I was having…

4.JPG
And since it was Ash Wednesday a perfect choice, the Surf & Surf Burger! It was as yummy as I had expected it to be. Cammy had the...

3.JPG
Caprese Sandwich which she thought was also very good, I had a bite and it certainly did remind me of Capri, Italy from last summer. Sadly there were no new flavors of Cupcakes so we passed knowing that we would find some in a little while someplace else. After lunch, we decided to walk the sandwiches off and set out to check out the other sections of AoA. First, Finding Nemo...

5.JPG 6.JPG
Which anyone who knows me is NOT my favorite Disney movie but I did love the theming of this area. Then it was off to the Cars section to send a few pictures back to my boys…who love all things cars (even my big boy husband).

7.JPG 8.JPG
I have to mention that it was extremely windy and as we walked around, we came across a CM and a little lost boy at the pool. The poor guy could not have been more than 4 and had apparently escaped his parents and room, the CM wanted to know if we knew where he came from but we just shook our heads, No. I am sure this had a happy ending, but I bet those parents were beside themselves with worry. Finishing our tour of AoA we headed across the bridge….

9.jpg
where Kafi and Debra decided that they needed to go for a little run while we went and scooped out the cupcakes over in POP.

10 (2).JPG

Last edited:
We should have opted for the run because as far as cupcakes go we were DENIED…that is right, here I was willing to break Ash Wednesday “No Meat Rules” for a King Cupcake…and there were no King Cupcakes. The only cupcakes were the same kind we had last night, standard resort…this time with the POP Logo Decoration. NOT HAPPY DISNEY. I know I could have eaten some of that Tie-Dyed Cheesecake…but since my last trip to POP Disney has managed to mess up a good thing so I decided to pout!

11.JPG
With no cupcakes in our tummy (or cocktails at this point) we marched promptly back over to AoA Bell Services where Kafi & Debra were waiting, retrieved our bags, got in a taxi and headed to our new home for the rest of our trip….

13.jpg 14.jpg

15.jpg
While in route I received a text that our room was ready and we could go directly to the room! How cool is that, you do get to pass go and I better be able to collect a cupcake for it at AKL! Better yet a cupcake and a cocktail! But first let, go to the room…

16.JPG

17.JPG 18.jpg

:scratchin
Sounds like a great morning at AK.
Chip and Dale are always one of my favorite character interactions ... they're always super funny. And they have tried to steal stuff from us in the past (like my backpack one trip... but thankfully Chip gave it back)

I think they are one of my favorite character interactions now, too!!!

:cold: It was sooooo cold!!!!!!!!! I was so jealous of your early morning at AK on Thursday, especially when we had all our issues at AK on Friday morning! :rolleyes:

I haven't been up to Conservation Station since 2008! We really need to get back over there.

I can't believe you got felt up by Chip...or Dale?? That is what happened, right?!!? You didn't give enough detail so my perv mind was going all kinds of places! :rotfl:

I don't think Chip...or Dale?? meant to they were a pointing to the hot chocolate logo and well hands got a little too close for comfort....:rolleyes1

I was just about to log off, then right after I commented, the page flew up a few posts prior that I guess I missed. so awesome about 7am EMH!! Surprised it was so early...that's Christmas time EMH. Seems like you got a lot done. That was my first time on Primevil Whirl lol.

Did you ever get a Dole Whip with rum??

I really have no clue why they were open so early...maybe still President's Weekend Hours?! But for whatever reason we sure took advantage of it! We did get a lot done that morning...as for Primevil Whirl they tried to keep us on the ride for another spin...

Dole Whip with Rum....:scratchin:scratchin:scratchin

191.JPG
Official Cupcake & Cocktail Count

Cupcake Count: 4
Grocery Store Vanilla Bean (2)
Giraffe (Orange Marmalade) at AKL (1)
Zebra (Butterfinger) at AKL (1)
AoA Cupcake (1)

Cocktail Count
Tammie-1 (as of Dallas, that’s right we are 1 ½ days into our trip and only 1 drink)
Cammy-1 (as of Dallas, that’s right we are 1 ½ days into our trip and only 1 drink)
Tweedle Bossy-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup
Tweedle Confused-5 (as of Sanaa) + 1 empty pink cup

What??? No good cupcakes at AoA or Pop?? Not cool! At least you got some good pictures, and then got to head over and settle in at AKL (where I hope you got some cupcakes and cocktails!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter