PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

So I got out today, no idea how it was in the late 40's, but we are getting snow tonight?!?! Anyway, I got 4.32 miles in- just walking and day dreaming and talking on the phone! So I do need to make sure I stick to one task at a time! I did get the okay to do the run/walk, but haven't yet. I don't know why, I just haven't.... I'd like to though!

So I got out today, no idea how it was in the late 40's, but we are getting snow tonight?!?! Anyway, I got 4.32 miles in- just walking and day dreaming and talking on the phone! So I do need to make sure I stick to one task at a time! I did get the okay to do the run/walk, but haven't yet. I don't know why, I just haven't.... I'd like to though!

HEATHER (yes I am yelling at you)...please don't worry about doing intervals yet...you have time and you need to listen to your doctor. Great job walking distance wise...but please be careful!

HEATHER (yes I am yelling at you)...please don't worry about doing intervals yet...you have time and you need to listen to your doctor. Great job walking distance wise...but please be careful!

I am! And walking is fine for now..... I just want to go though!

While we do call each other *sisters from another mister*, it's NICOLE's bday, not mine! ;)

I'm taking your cupcake though Nicole, m'Kay?? ;)

UGH Can you tell what kind of day I had...LOL Went back and fixed it sorry Nicole...Karen ate your cupcake!

Karen...had you on my mind when I posted as I was trying to get out the door to run tonight...and yes, I did make it out the door for a much needed 2 miles of me time (okay Jeff was there...but not Jeff my husband :shock)

UGH Can you tell what kind of day I had...LOL Went back and fixed it sorry Nicole...Karen ate your cupcake!

Karen...had you on my mind when I posted as I was trying to get out the door to run tonight...and yes, I did make it out the door for a much needed 2 miles of me time (okay Jeff was there...but not Jeff my husband :shock)

It's ok, she has to get used to me eating her cupcakes anyway b/c that's what I'll probably do when we share a room for PHM! :rolleyes1

Glad you got out today! I'm still hacking, even with the antibiotics, but I'm due for another run tomorrow with a furry client, so I'll do that. I'm looking forward to this weekend, it's supposed to warm up a bit and I want to get out and do a longer run by myself, sans the furry friends! They are fun to run with occasionally, but when they stop fast to do their business, I get annoyed. :rolleyes:

It's ok, she has to get used to me eating her cupcakes anyway b/c that's what I'll probably do when we share a room for PHM! :rolleyes1 Glad you got out today! I'm still hacking, even with the antibiotics, but I'm due for another run tomorrow with a furry client, so I'll do that. I'm looking forward to this weekend, it's supposed to warm up a bit and I want to get out and do a longer run by myself, sans the furry friends! They are fun to run with occasionally, but when they stop fast to do their business, I get annoyed. :rolleyes:

I still have not run and hubby did this morning! I just didn't want to! I know y'all feel so sorry for me while I contemplate life in 85 degree sunny weather!

And if anyone hears of any incident at AKL on PHM weekend it's because Karen and I fought each other for the last bite of cupckae! Hahahahaha!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! :) It's actually tomorrow and there's a big ole' ice-cream cakr waiting for me in the freezer! That's the only reason I let Karen eat mine from Tammie!!!

Excuse typos... Fat fingers on an iphone! :)

Hope it wasn't too bad and that tomorrow is better!

I agree that we should have matching cupcake shirts, by the way! :thumbsup2

It wasn't a bad day...I just felt all over the place all day. We are gearing up for the first round of testing next week and the pressure is on...UGH

I have a friend who does shirts...we are going to have to work on a design!

It's ok, she has to get used to me eating her cupcakes anyway b/c that's what I'll probably do when we share a room for PHM! :rolleyes1

Glad you got out today! I'm still hacking, even with the antibiotics, but I'm due for another run tomorrow with a furry client, so I'll do that. I'm looking forward to this weekend, it's supposed to warm up a bit and I want to get out and do a longer run by myself, sans the furry friends! They are fun to run with occasionally, but when they stop fast to do their business, I get annoyed. :rolleyes:

I hope this winter (and now my windy spring) would just decide to be done...not that I like hot summers...but people need a break to get well. Allergies are kicking me right now.

DH always tells me to take one of the dogs running...hmmm...the are bird dogs who are all over the place doing their hunting thing...I tried one time...running is a release time and I came back more stressed out!

I still have not run and hubby did this morning! I just didn't want to! I know y'all feel so sorry for me while I contemplate life in 85 degree sunny weather!

And if anyone hears of any incident at AKL on PHM weekend it's because Karen and I fought each other for the last bite of cupckae! Hahahahaha!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes! :) It's actually tomorrow and there's a big ole' ice-cream cakr waiting for me in the freezer! That's the only reason I let Karen eat mine from Tammie!!!

typos... Fat fingers on an iphone! :)

That's what friends are for...sharing! LOL We need to practice now so that when we crawl we can try more cupcakes by sharing! Plus we need to save room for that liquid stuff!

Girl...get out there and enjoy the weather and enjoy a change of view...I have already begun planning my runs in Rome & London (hoping a few other stops...but then we will be on tour and not sure schedules) this summer...crazy to think that I am going to walk all day long but going to get up a few mornings and run...but again I want to enjoy a little me time and I do love mornings!

For the record (err PTR) I want to say something...

This is NOT my PTR, I am only the one who started it along with some very special DIS friends...now we seem to be making lots more friends who share way too much in common with us.

With that being said, please feel free to jump in at anytime to share your TRAINING, DISNEY PLANS, RUNNING INSPIRATION, FUNNIES, PERSONAL STORIES...the good, the bad, the ugly.

The only things I want to stress are exactly what I said in the introduction. This PTR is about supporting each other, building each other up, and celebrating each step of our journey...

I can't believe how in a month this PTR has exploded...I honestly did not think anyone rather than the original few would even read along or be interested in the journey to PHM 2015! I am so excited to have so many new cupcakes wanting to join in the crawling...(and sugar high).

Tammie, I am really excited about this thread in general and just wanted you to know that. I haven't even started my own PTR yet (which believe me, I'm usually obsessive about!) because I am enjoying posting here and getting to know other cupcakes! Last year when I was training, I tried to follow along with the PHM thread and it was just SO many people and connections were hard to make, so I'm really excited about this PTR and I'm so glad you started it! :lovestruc

Bring on the cupcakes!!!!!! :woohoo:

I love how many cupcake runners have joined in! What a positive thread!

I am not running PHM with y'all - TOT instead, but I am gearing up to train. Can't do much due to tax season, but the past two Sunday's I have done Week 1, Day 1 and Week 1, Day 2 of the Galloway Easy 10K app. I also use Map My Run at the same time, but I think I'm going to modify that. I've been starting at the beginning of warm-up, but I think I'm going to start MMR at the beginning of the "workout" to better track my average pace and splits.

I have always "run the whole time" before, so this run/walk is new to me, and I am surprised that my overall pace is staying consistent with my "run-only" pace.

I am playing with the intervals. 1 minute run/1 minute walk seems like not enough running and/or too much recovery, but 2/1 is difficult to run a full two minutes at pace. There is not a 1.5/1 pace on the app. :confused3

I love how many cupcake runners have joined in! What a positive thread! I am not running PHM with y'all - TOT instead, but I am gearing up to train. Can't do much due to tax season, but the past two Sunday's I have done Week 1, Day 1 and Week 1, Day 2 of the Galloway Easy 10K app. I also use Map My Run at the same time, but I think I'm going to modify that. I've been starting at the beginning of warm-up, but I think I'm going to start MMR at the beginning of the "workout" to better track my average pace and splits. I have always "run the whole time" before, so this run/walk is new to me, and I am surprised that my overall pace is staying consistent with my "run-only" pace. I am playing with the intervals. 1 minute run/1 minute walk seems like not enough running and/or too much recovery, but 2/1 is difficult to run a full two minutes at pace. There is not a 1.5/1 pace on the app. :confused3

Running ToT too!!! :)

I ended up moving to iSmoothRun instead of Galloway because I could set my own pacing interval (and control my music better) I do a 7/2 interval pace. This app isn't instructive like Galloway so I did Galloway till I got comfortable to make my own plan that worked for me and the moved to iSmoothRun that allowed me to do it.

Here's to our ToT training! Cheers! :)

Running ToT too!!! :) I ended up moving to iSmoothRun instead of Galloway because I could set my own pacing interval (and control my music better) I do a 7/2 interval pace. This app isn't instructive like Galloway so I did Galloway till I got comfortable to make my own plan that worked for me and the moved to iSmoothRun that allowed me to do it. Here's to our ToT training! Cheers! :)
I switched to I smooth and really like it! Also training for ToT...looks like we have a small cupcake contingent for that race too.

Happy Birthday NICOLE...

This is why we are becoming fast friends!!! That is a birthday cupcake I say so myself!!!'

Wednesday hump day workout. My miles are pretty low these days as I had a baby in Oct. by c-section and my core is very weak. I trained sporadically around
December til February for the Princess. Came home to excriating sciatic back and leg pain. So after consulting with a fitness coach. I am on low miles to keep my conditioning and lots of lower body strength training, Pilates and ab workouts!
So today was 2 miles and 30 min kettle bell and squats on weight machine.
I love the gym and I go EARLY!! It's sort of like the calm before the storm of getting everyone up and going for the day.
My favorite princess would be jasmine only because I secretly love her abs.
I more so love the Toy story, lion king, Cars side of Disney.

I am just glad to be with Cupcake crawlers. I am serious my friends and family think we have 2 heads because we go to Orlando and Disney yearly and now I have made it my runcation!!!

Tammie, I am really excited about this thread in general and just wanted you to know that. I haven't even started my own PTR yet (which believe me, I'm usually obsessive about!) because I am enjoying posting here and getting to know other cupcakes! Last year when I was training, I tried to follow along with the PHM thread and it was just SO many people and connections were hard to make, so I'm really excited about this PTR and I'm so glad you started it! :lovestruc

I started lurking on the PHM thread when they ran in 2011. Told myself I would not miss out on another one. Grab 3 girlfriends to train with. I agree it is great for information but I have always wanted to share and know ladies better. Running by yourself eventhough is great.... It is hard when others around you are having fun. I told my hubby I felt like crying when I had to ask a cast member to take my picture!!! I AM REALLY glad for this thread!!! Who doesn't love cupcakes!!

I switched to I smooth and really like it! Also training for ToT...looks like we have a small cupcake contingent for that race too.

Yhea! We should all try to meet up somewhere at the afterparty just to share a hello!!!

I also just noticed that you have Figment as your picture- man, I LOVE that little purple dude!

Hey Tammie, I have an idea? You can totally shoot me down if you don't like it. I swear! ;)

Anyway, what if we all did little intro/pic/bios? I know you did yours and and Cammy's and there were some other ladies, but they weren't full bios and I didn't get to put the screenname to the face, if that makes sense? This way we could each do a little intro and then we would be able to get to know our cupcake sisters even better?

Oh and I HAVE to show you what I got today! It's an iron on patch that will be going on my PHM costume! (Alice)

51b911e8-de3b-49d9-a39f-95d4471297d4.jpg

Hey Tammie, I have an idea? You can totally shoot me down if you don't like it. I swear! ;) Anyway, what if we all did little intro/pic/bios? I know you did yours and and Cammy's and there were some other ladies, but they weren't full bios and I didn't get to put the screenname to the face, if that makes sense? This way we could each do a little intro and then we would be able to get to know our cupcake sisters even better? Oh and I HAVE to show you what I got today! It's an iron on patch that will be going on my PHM costume! (Alice)

I feel like we should all get that patch and put it in a bag or some part iof our costume... Or something....

I will be in full costume plan mode when I get home and depressed with my current, cold, never-ending winter life! I need something to cheer me up!!!!

Welcome! Sorry to hear about W&D. This year it was even more popular because of the 5yr Anniversary of the race. That one is on my list to do...just not this year. Maybe next year.

You will love PHM! It is such a fun, women centered event. They really do try & make you feel like a princess during the course of the weekend.

Make sure you are on your computer the day registration opens!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm very excited about running through the castle!

So glad you are joining in! I am sorry you did not get W&D, but hey you would miss all the fun with us! The more the merrier!

We need to have a registration party happening as we all wait for the stroke of midnight!

I already talked to DH about PHM and he said it is fine. So I will be ready on July 15!

On the training front, I did 4 miles last Friday pushing the baby (13 months) in my jogging stroller. My phone died around mile 2 so I'm guessing on the distance. I haven't run at all this week because it is spring break and we went somewhere cold! I saw snow plows for the 1st time in my life this morning.

I did buy new running shoes this week. I'm really excited to try them out when I get back home. :goodvibes

BTW, I saw the link to this thread in your siggy while reading Karen's TR. :)

Ahhhh...thanks. I had so much drama surrounding my last trip and my first Disney run and it put me in such a dark place that I vowed not to let this trip end up the same...I want to surround myself with people that want to enjoy each other, the race and uplift each other...

Yes...bring on the cupcakes!!!!:thumbsup2

I love how many cupcake runners have joined in! What a positive thread!

Me too Susan...it is amazing. I love this!

I am not running PHM with y'all - TOT instead, but I am gearing up to train. Can't do much due to tax season, but the past two Sunday's I have done Week 1, Day 1 and Week 1, Day 2 of the Galloway Easy 10K app. I also use Map My Run at the same time, but I think I'm going to modify that. I've been starting at the beginning of warm-up, but I think I'm going to start MMR at the beginning of the "workout" to better track my average pace and splits.

I have always "run the whole time" before, so this run/walk is new to me, and I am surprised that my overall pace is staying consistent with my "run-only" pace.

It is weird...but you think about how much you tax (love the accounting pun :rotfl2:) your body when you run straight, it only makes sense that if you give your body a little time to recover you can continue at the same pace.

I am playing with the intervals. 1 minute run/1 minute walk seems like not enough running and/or too much recovery, but 2/1 is difficult to run a full two minutes at pace. There is not a 1.5/1 pace on the app. :confused3

I have outgrown the app a while ago, but I still use it. I set the interval for 30/30 and keep track on my own how much as passed for run/walk since there is not an interval I want. I have been looking at getting one of the Galloway interval times and just use mapmyrun for distance...referring to the 5K/10K/Half app for what my workout should be distance wise. Though I am not going to look into the suggestion made by Nicole and stillwishing...ismoothrun

Running ToT too!!! :)

I ended up moving to iSmoothRun instead of Galloway because I could set my own pacing interval (and control my music better) I do a 7/2 interval pace. This app isn't instructive like Galloway so I did Galloway till I got comfortable to make my own plan that worked for me and the moved to iSmoothRun that allowed me to do it.

Here's to our ToT training! Cheers! :)

Is this app easy to use...I seem to be app challenged when it comes to programming interval timers that are apps...

You cupcakes need to get together for ToT...a post or prerace cupcake!

This is why we are becoming fast friends!!! That is a birthday cupcake I say so myself!!!'

Can't be strangers over a cupcake!

Wednesday hump day workout. My miles are pretty low these days as I had a baby in Oct. by c-section and my core is very weak. I trained sporadically around
December til February for the Princess. Came home to excriating sciatic back and leg pain. So after consulting with a fitness coach. I am on low miles to keep my conditioning and lots of lower body strength training, Pilates and ab workouts!
So today was 2 miles and 30 min kettle bell and squats on weight machine.
I love the gym and I go EARLY!! It's sort of like the calm before the storm of getting everyone up and going for the day.
My favorite princess would be jasmine only because I secretly love her abs.
I more so love the Toy story, lion king, Cars side of Disney.

I am just glad to be with Cupcake crawlers. I am serious my friends and family think we have 2 heads because we go to Orlando and Disney yearly and now I have made it my runcation!!!

We are glad you are here...recovering from a C-section and trying to get back in shape to run....I bow to you!

I am not a huge princess movie person...give me Cars! But I love Frozen...mainly because I love the message of the song "Let it Go." I love Disney...never thought that I would want to go back and back and back and back...and then running...well that is just something I have to do in order for DH to let me go back and back and back...

I started lurking on the PHM thread when they ran in 2011. Told myself I would not miss out on another one. Grab 3 girlfriends to train with. I agree it is great for information but I have always wanted to share and know ladies better. Running by yourself eventhough is great.... It is hard when others around you are having fun. I told my hubby I felt like crying when I had to ask a cast member to take my picture!!! I AM REALLY glad for this thread!!! Who doesn't love cupcakes!!

Running by yourself is okay when you have a goal or mission, but running with a group of people with the same goal and mission is WONDERFUL! I am so glad I did ToT by myself and proved to myself that I could do it...but I could not help but be jealous of people that had friends...

I want pictures during the race too...and I am so bad at selfies! I will take pictures for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter