PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

DISCLAIMER: Usually I like to plan each day to the minute and share my plans. This trip is a little different….we have park hoppers and plan to use them. The only thing certain is TS meals and while we have a few fast passes scheduled we are not worrying about them and if we make them, then we make them. So here are the “plans” that I know are for certain.

Sunday, February 22

1.jpg

Early wake up call for the cupcakes…time for PHM! The moment has finally come and after running my first race last week with a friend beside me I am even more excited to have many cupcake friends, including my step sista along for the run. Remember cupcake motto…it’s about the finish line not the finish time for this race! The journey is more important than what the watch says.

2.jpg

1a.png

Afterwards it will be time to freshen up before having lunch with the cupcake team at Sanaa! So looking forward to some carbs…nomnom Naan Bread!

3.jpg

Then afternoon will be spent crawling for cupcakes and booze…after all that is how Cupcake Runners are fueled, we cannot survive on Pixie Dust alone. I can’t wait for another chance to meet up with all the ladies who have made the last year so much fun and go by so quickly! The plan is to meet at the POLY for our first round or cupcakes and booze around 2 pm and go from there!

5.jpg

We plan to somehow end up in Epcot for a few drinks around the world…

6.jpg

and then after our sugar rush it is a stop at Beaches & Cream for dinner for some comfort food. We need something solid after all those drinks too…

7.jpg

I have been dreaming of that grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup! Then it will be back to Epcot for a little meet up with a few other friends at the “Ditch”! I need to practice for that that Marathon finish that we are planning in a few years, RIGHT CUPCAKES?

8.jpg

Then it is off to JellyRolls, cause there is no sleeping at Disney even if you have run 13.1 miles that morning, that’s how we roll because Cupcake Runners are MORE THAN HALF CRAZY this trip! I imagine that we will have many tales to share about this day after the trip, if the Tweedles have anything to say about it.

9.jpg

10.jpg

Oh that Cinderella cupcake! I totally can't wait! Jan and I will be at DHS after the 5K and totally plan on partaking in one! That's a lot of cupcakes that day since we'll be at BOG for dinner as well!

Thinking after the 5K will be a perfect time for us too!

Wait, we don't need to use photobucket anymore? Dang, I missed that. That's awesome! I'm gonna love that! :)

No more photobucket...you can upload directly to DIS now. :jumping1:

I can not believe that we all meet in six freakin' days. I'm so, so, so excited.

THURSDAY GIRL...THURSDAY! I am ready for Tweedle humor in person!

That is a lot of cupcakes! Of course, my number one is red velvet cheesecake. I don't think that surprises anyone. I can't wait to meet some of you ladies next week!

NO SHOCK....so ready to meet up!

So excited for you ladies! Tammie I can't believe you started this a year ago. Lots of good luck and pixie dust to all of you! Run safe and run strong. Enjoy the Mouse.

....now back to my tax returns....

Crazy how fast time goes...UGH, tax returns! I hope you are totally not buried this tax season! Thanks for the wishes!

So exciting this trip is almost here. By this time next weekend you will be gearing up for dinner at Via Napoli with PHM the next day. Time really has flown by after registration. Cant wait to hear about all the fun cupcake adventures.

I had so much fun at Hot Chocolate. Makes such a huge difference to be able to run with someone. I would totally do the Dallas event again next year if that is an option for you.

The Cinderella cupcake is adorable...and of course it would be vanilla since I am not there to partake in it :rolleyes2

I figured you would like the #1 cupcake. AND YES I WOULD LOVE TO DO HOT CHOCOLATE AGAIN WITH YOU! Or any other race that we can get to together!

Oh...& running...I got out & did a couple short runs this week. Baby steps to get my base built back up. I need to work hard this year & then anything I run next year can be a consideration for proof of time for Dopey 2018.

YOU WILL BE BACK RUNNING CIRCLES AROUND ME IN NO TIME!

pirate:I saw that Cinderella cupcake on FB the other day! Gorgeous! I'm cleaning and packing today. We're not going out tonight. Just going to cook and avoid the crowds! Right now I'm puttin away clean laundry and packing and watching Sleeping Beauty. :love:

I cant think of a better way to get household chores done then to put on Sleeping Beauty! So close!!!!:jumping2:

I am so freaking excited! I just got an email reminder for our family dinner reservation on Thursday evening. I ended up getting sick last week (stomach bug that quickly came and left), DD was sick last week, then Sunday my DD woke up with bad body aches and a fever of over 103. She was still sick yesterday with high fever and aches, and DH was home with a fever and aches. I sent everyone to bed early, washed my hands like crazy, and went to bed at a reasonable time. Thankfully, DD and DH broke their fevers overnight and are much better. I woke up and worked out on the elliptical and I was going to swim at lunch, but I think I will skip that so I can get some work done and not get too tired.

AHHHHH I want to be in FL! Yesterday, the wind chill here was -40, that is 72 degrees below freezing! I cannot wait to go outside and not have it hurt.

DISCLAIMER: Usually I like to plan each day to the minute and share my plans. This trip is a little different….we have park hoppers and plan to use them. The only thing certain is TS meals and while we have a few fast passes scheduled we are not worrying about them and if we make them, then we make them. So here are the “plans” that I know are for certain.

Monday, February 23

Departure day has come, but first it will be breakfast with the Princesses (and Cupcake Runner friends)

aker.jpg

belle.jpg

walt-disney-world-epcot-akershus-royal-dining-princess-character-meal-ariel-in-green-gown-2.jpg

then pictures with medals at the Castle

Cinderella-Castle.JPG

and a Royal Visit with Elsa, Anna, Cinderella and Rapunzel.

anna and elsa.jpg

Our flight is not till late afternoon and we have decided to get a town car to MCO so we can soak up the last bit of magic we can!

car.jpg

I am so freaking excited! I just got an email reminder for our family dinner reservation on Thursday evening. I ended up getting sick last week (stomach bug that quickly came and left), DD was sick last week, then Sunday my DD woke up with bad body aches and a fever of over 103. She was still sick yesterday with high fever and aches, and DH was home with a fever and aches. I sent everyone to bed early, washed my hands like crazy, and went to bed at a reasonable time. Thankfully, DD and DH broke their fevers overnight and are much better. I woke up and worked out on the elliptical and I was going to swim at lunch, but I think I will skip that so I can get some work done and not get too tired.

AHHHHH I want to be in FL! Yesterday, the wind chill here was -40, that is 72 degrees below freezing! I cannot wait to go outside and not have it hurt.

SENDING LOTS OF PIXIE DUST YOUR WAY FOR SPEEDY RECOVERIES!

Woke to a little Elsa magic this morning myself...and of course she is going to follow me to WDW! GRRRRR...Elsa I booked Deluxe to enjoy the pool time!

Can't wait to meet you in a few days! Safe Travels!

To all those traveling today, be safe!!! Let us know when you land!

Thanks Buffy! I cant wait to see you on Thursday! I am sure you will know when we land...LOL...and when we take off and what we eat and what we drink...how do I make the next 5 hours pass!

I want to end this PTR like I started...

Bet you're asking yourself right now what do cupcakes and running have in common? While training for TOT 10-Miler last year, I came to discover that not only could I be a runner (and actually enjoy it), but there are many different kinds of runners. Some focus on costumes, some on times and places, some are in it for the bling and some hope not to see balloons. Through my adventures in this new world of running, I realized that I'm a Cupcake Runner. And it turns out I know quite a few other “Cupcakes.” Cupcake Runners are those who look at the race as an experience and while the actual “run” itself may not be so much fun it is those who you surround yourself with while running and where you are running makes the experience like a cupcake…pure enjoyment. It’s about doing our best and accomplishing our goals, while at the same experiencing the magic around us. We aren'’t concerned about what place we come in or what time the clock says, we just want to finish without seeing balloons or the inside of a bus and to proudly have that medal placed around our necks. While we may not come across as being very serious, we are. We will have trained and trained hard, making sure that we can go the distance…!

Our goal for PHM2015 is to have fun, laugh, and enjoy (YES, SAID ENJOY) each step that makes 13.1 miles (and for some of us even farther, hence the Glass Slippers)…while encouraging and pushing (maybe even dragging) each other across the finish line! Then afterwards celebrate with one heck of a WDW Cupcake Crawl (and by this time we will probably be crawling). Most importantly it is a chance to spend time with a group of supportive, amazing Disney loving friends. So whether you are a Cupcake Runner or a any other type of runner you are invited as we assemble our cast of Disney Queens and Princesses to train for the PHM 2015 (as well as other races in the next year) and plan a trip full of memories and of course lots of CUPCAKES!

You ladies have certainly made this journey towards a half marathon an easy one! I am so looking forward to our adventures TOGETHER over the next few days! You truly have become friends to me...here's to cupcakes, friendship, booze and oh yes...RUNNING!

191.JPG

I cant believe it's here & you leave today. I wish you & all the cupcakes a wonderful, memorable trip with lots of laughs & fun times. :D

I want to end this PTR like I started...

Bet you're asking yourself right now what do cupcakes and running have in common? While training for TOT 10-Miler last year, I came to discover that not only could I be a runner (and actually enjoy it), but there are many different kinds of runners. Some focus on costumes, some on times and places, some are in it for the bling and some hope not to see balloons. Through my adventures in this new world of running, I realized that I'm a Cupcake Runner. And it turns out I know quite a few other “Cupcakes.” Cupcake Runners are those who look at the race as an experience and while the actual “run” itself may not be so much fun it is those who you surround yourself with while running and where you are running makes the experience like a cupcake…pure enjoyment. It’s about doing our best and accomplishing our goals, while at the same experiencing the magic around us. We aren'’t concerned about what place we come in or what time the clock says, we just want to finish without seeing balloons or the inside of a bus and to proudly have that medal placed around our necks. While we may not come across as being very serious, we are. We will have trained and trained hard, making sure that we can go the distance…!

Our goal for PHM2015 is to have fun, laugh, and enjoy (YES, SAID ENJOY) each step that makes 13.1 miles (and for some of us even farther, hence the Glass Slippers)…while encouraging and pushing (maybe even dragging) each other across the finish line! Then afterwards celebrate with one heck of a WDW Cupcake Crawl (and by this time we will probably be crawling). Most importantly it is a chance to spend time with a group of supportive, amazing Disney loving friends. So whether you are a Cupcake Runner or a any other type of runner you are invited as we assemble our cast of Disney Queens and Princesses to train for the PHM 2015 (as well as other races in the next year) and plan a trip full of memories and of course lots of CUPCAKES!

You ladies have certainly made this journey towards a half marathon an easy one! I am so looking forward to our adventures TOGETHER over the next few days! You truly have become friends to me...here's to cupcakes, friendship, booze and oh yes...RUNNING!

Well said my friend!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter