• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Hello! I am subscribing! Also found my way from the PHM 2015 thread. I'll have to fill in all my deets when I am on the real computer:) Short version - wife and mom, lawyer, baker, scrapbook er, trying to be runner, working on rocking sparkly skirts and love love love all things Disney and WDW. One Disney Run under my belt and ToT in Oct! Hoping one of my good friends will be running PHM 2015 with me to celebrate her 40th - that ship has sailed for me:)

Note to self: On page ten.

Subscribing! I found my way over from the PHM 2015 thread. I am trying to catch up but I need to ask one thing first. Can I still join if I don't like the grey stuff??? We ate at BOG when we were there for PHM 2014 and it was just.... blech.
But on the upside I do have 2 sparkle skirts and I'm a scrapbooker, traditional though.

Welcome! Yes you can join even though you don't like the grey stuff, after all, I don't even own Sparkle Skirts & Tammie still let me be a part of the gang :) We are pretty chatty, so join in on the fun. Always nice to have more princesses.

Hello! I am subscribing! Also found my way from the PHM 2015 thread. I'll have to fill in all my deets when I am on the real computer:) Short version - wife and mom, lawyer, baker, scrapbook er, trying to be runner, working on rocking sparkly skirts and love love love all things Disney and WDW. One Disney Run under my belt and ToT in Oct! Hoping one of my good friends will be running PHM 2015 with me to celebrate her 40th - that ship has sailed for me:)

Welcome! Nice to have some more princesses joining in on the fun! We tend to be pretty chatty, so just join in where you feel comfortable :)

I saw a shirt at PHM last year that said "My Cupcake Club has a Running Problem" lol. I think we need those!

I saw a shirt at PHM last year that said "My Cupcake Club has a Running Problem" lol. I think we need those!

Quick check in from Arizona! Had plans to run this week outside and have not yet! Yet I have have had a cupcake and more tomorrow probably (it's my birthday)! Oh well.... There's always next week to get back on track, right?

I think we all need these shirts for next Feb!!! :) Love that slogan!

Got out there this morning & did a 3 mile run (Galloway girl here ;)). It was cold outside & ever since I got back I just feel :sick: chills, achy, tired...hopefully it's nothing. Planning on getting back out there again in the morning though.

Quick check in from Arizona! Had plans to run this week outside and have not yet! Yet I have have had a cupcake and more tomorrow probably (it's my birthday)! Oh well.... There's always next week to get back on track, right?

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy that birthday cupcake!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :bday:

WELCOME TO 2 MORE CUPCAKES!!!!​

Note to self: On page ten.

Subscribing! I found my way over from the PHM 2015 thread. I am trying to catch up but I need to ask one thing first. Can I still join if I don't like the grey stuff??? We ate at BOG when we were there for PHM 2014 and it was just.... blech.
But on the upside I do have 2 sparkle skirts and I'm a scrapbooker, traditional though.

LOL...anyone can be a part of this group. The only real requirement is that we are Queens and uplift each other, not tear each other down! Plus you have to celebrate the finish, not the time...I have had enough people lately tear me down...

Yay another sparkle skirt girl...and I still traditional scrapbook, after all that is where we all got our start...I went to the dark side cause I was never getting any pages done traditional!

I think we are all trying to be runners except for maybe Carol and Karen...and the 40 ship sailed long ago for me too...about ready to board the 50 train! :scared1: Yay another scrapbooker!

Happy Birthday NICOLE...

OMG...we need to remember this and so get t-shirts made...I AGREE!!!! I have a friend that does shirts...so maybe we can all get shirts for post phm! You ladies are so much fun!

Got out there this morning & did a 3 mile run (Galloway girl here ;)). It was cold outside & ever since I got back I just feel :sick: chills, achy, tired...hopefully it's nothing. Planning on getting back out there again in the morning though.

Way to go Debra...getting dinner on the table, changing, sending boys off to Wolf Den meeting...and then time for me and Jeff (don't tell my Jeff that I am cheating on him with another Jeff)!

For the record (err PTR) I want to say something...

This is NOT my PTR, I am only the one who started it along with some very special DIS friends...now we seem to be making lots more friends who share way too much in common with us.

With that being said, please feel free to jump in at anytime to share your TRAINING, DISNEY PLANS, RUNNING INSPIRATION, FUNNIES, PERSONAL STORIES...the good, the bad, the ugly.

The only things I want to stress are exactly what I said in the introduction. This PTR is about supporting each other, building each other up, and celebrating each step of our journey...

I can't believe how in a month this PTR has exploded...I honestly did not think anyone rather than the original few would even read along or be interested in the journey to PHM 2015! I am so excited to have so many new cupcakes wanting to join in the crawling...(and sugar high).

DSCN0557_zps45ca3554.jpg.html
[/IMG]Hello Cupcake Racers - Just checking in to fill in some blanks but I have to say this snow thing stinks. I have been slacking a little and have a ten miler on April 6. I was trying to get a good time to submit for ToT, just to bump up a corral or two. My non-Disney Side - have two kids, a husband, one sweet Labrador. Work as a lawyer for local legislators. In my spare time, I love (a little too much) soccer (all levels) and lacrosse as well as baking, scrapping (going digital this week!!) and Stampin' Up, sort of gardening and serving on the Sunday School team. I aspire to become a real athlete late in life because I could never do it as a young person (thank goodness for allegra and friends). Was on my way with a half marathon in 2010, then coasted a little, then broke my leg rollerblading in 2012. Leg put back together - I only set off the full body detectors at the airport. Decided to start with a 5k again in June 2013, then a 10k in October 2013, then PHM in February. I finished in that crazy weather but did not rush through it. Took many photos and enjoyed it even though I was solo - only saw one WISHer I knew. Next time I want to see lots of WISH princesses. My Disney Side - my family thinks I am a little nuts. I love all the animated features but have a special place in my heart for Mary Poppins and Lady and the Tramp. I've loved going to WDW since I was a little girl. We went in 1973 and then back every couple years till I was in high school. Then I took a break with life, and now back in it every year since 2006. Last year, I went twice. Loving all the new attractions. I love all the rides except I am too chicken for the roller coasters like RnR or Space Mountain. As a baker, I love checking out all the baking creations and always order dessert :) Now my Disney habit has been expanded greatly because I am on a quest to get all the Disney bling. I am thinking about doing the Glass Slipper this time but not much on the 2 AM wakeup. Have a great rest of the week everyone!

Happy birthday!

Ahhh.... Feel better! I hope it's nothing too!

Hello Cupcake Racers - Just checking in to fill in some blanks but I have to say this snow thing stinks. I have been slacking a little and have a ten miler on April 6. I was trying to get a good time to submit for ToT, just to bump up a corral or two.

My non-Disney Side - have two kids, a husband, one sweet Labrador. Work as a lawyer for local legislators. In my spare time, I love (a little too much) soccer (all levels) and lacrosse as well as baking, scrapping (going digital this week!!) and Stampin' Up, sort of gardening and serving on the Sunday School team. I aspire to become a real athlete late in life because I could never do it as a young person (thank goodness for allegra and friends). Was on my way with a half marathon in 2010, then coasted a little, then broke my leg rollerblading in 2012. Leg put back together - I only set off the full body detectors at the airport. Decided to start with a 5k again in June 2013, then a 10k in October 2013, then PHM in February. I finished in that crazy weather but did not rush through it. Took many photos and enjoyed it even though I was solo - only saw one WISHer I knew. Next time I want to see lots of WISH princesses.

My Disney Side - my family thinks I am a little nuts. I love all the animated features but have a special place in my heart for Mary Poppins and Lady and the Tramp. I've loved going to WDW since I was a little girl. We went in 1973 and then back every couple years till I was in high school. Then I took a break with life, and now back in it every year since 2006. Last year, I went twice. Loving all the new attractions. I love all the rides except I am too chicken for the roller coasters like RnR or Space Mountain. As a baker, I love checking out all the baking creations and always order dessert :) Now my Disney habit has been expanded greatly because I am on a quest to get all the Disney bling. I am thinking about doing the Glass Slipper this time but not much on the 2 AM wakeup.

Have a great rest of the week everyone!

I love baking too!!! And like you I am not athletic, trying to be though!!
I may sound silly, but what is a "WISH princess"? Glad you enjoyed the race and took lots of pictures, honestly that's my plan! Have fun!!! I may even have to keep the balloon ladies company, but that's fun too I'm sure!
You have a good week too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter