• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

I have mixed feelings about this change. I understand the reasoning, but Disney also needs to rethink about allowing people to transfer bibs not just defer until the next year. My ToT run was in total question with my stress fracture last fall and I did think about selling my bib because I knew that ToT2014 was not possible due to another trip I am taking this summer. Had my leg not healed, I would have been out the money and it would have been a nice option to sell. I would never of sold it for more that I paid for it...but Disney really needs to think about transferring bibs in cases like this. Life happens and races are not always possible. I think a small transfer fee would be appropriate!

I have mixed feelings about this change. I understand the reasoning, but Disney also needs to rethink about allowing people to transfer bibs not just defer until the next year. My ToT run was in total question with my stress fracture last fall and I did think about selling my bib because I knew that ToT2014 was not possible due to another trip I am taking this summer. Had my leg not healed, I would have been out the money and it would have been a nice option to sell. I would never of sold it for more that I paid for it...but Disney really needs to think about transferring bibs in cases like this. Life happens and races are not always possible. I think a small transfer fee would be appropriate!
In the past I have had friends call with medical or other excuses and Disney refunded them money. This even happened this year for GSC when a friend of mine's husband had to have surgery and she could no longer afford the trip. She called Disney and they refunded her money. So maybe their refund policy is becoming more lenient with these stricter pick up policies.

In the past I have had friends call with medical or other excuses and Disney refunded them money. This even happened this year for GSC when a friend of mine's husband had to have surgery and she could no longer afford the trip. She called Disney and they refunded her money. So maybe their refund policy is becoming more lenient with these stricter pick up policies.

I wish I would have known this was possible, I guess I just assumed that no refund, meant no refund. That would have taken a lot of stress off knowing that...but I so wanted to do the race!

Thanks for the information...always a good thing to know in the back of your head...But I hope I never have to worry about injury again right before the race! This 11 month out ankle is driving me crazy since today there is no wind and upper 60s!

I wish I would have known this was possible, I guess I just assumed that no refund, meant no refund. That would have taken a lot of stress off knowing that...but I so wanted to do the race!

Thanks for the information...always a good thing to know in the back of your head...But I hope I never have to worry about injury again right before the race! This 11 month out ankle is driving me crazy since today there is no wind and upper 60s!

i think that doing the race made you stronger though and having that feeling of accomplishment! I am not sure that you would have not regretted not doing it! But I agree, if you can prove that you are truly in a medical bind or financial they should refund you! I can't imagine that they wouldn't be able to fill that spot and they would get more money than they got from you because it would be a late registration!

Per Jim Stone (travel provider for Run Disney) -- "I just spoke to Run Disney this morning & because of security & post Boston Marathon reasons they are going to require you pick up your own bib. FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT MAKE IT THE DAY BEFORE RACE, THERE WILL BE A RUNNER'S RELATION BOOTH THE MORNING OF THE RACE WHERE YOU CAN PICK UP YOUR BIB WITH YOUR WAIVER & ID. They will be keeping track of who picks up at the expo so that they will be sure to have the staffing at the race so it will not be a long wait".

Cupcake Friday
(as if Friday is not sweet enough)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake
Mainstreet Bakery (aka Starbucks)

I am still not overly thrilled with Starbucks being on Mainstreet...but of course I am not a coffee addict so the draw of Starbucks has always been one of those cosmic wonders to me. But that is not what we are here to debate, instead we are hear to drool all over our keyboards at the next cupcake that could make our PHM CELEBRATION CUPCAKE CRAWL.

I have never had this cupcake, so we will have to leave it to the original Disney cupcake diva at a Pinch of Pixie Dust, the Pixie Dust Girl....

and to the people at Disney Food Blog.

I like peanut butter and I like chocolate...so maybe? Thoughts?

Ooooh looks yummy! It's huge though. I think it would definitely be a good one to split. And if you split it there are no calories right?

Ooooh looks yummy! It's huge though. I think it would definitely be a good one to split. And if you split it there are no calories right?

Nope, no calories when you share...:thumbsup2 and especially after you just can a 1/2 marathon!

That cupcake looks delicious!! I just saw that on somebody's TR and had to stop myself from trying to crawl through the screen for it! I love peanut butter cups though, so that would be one I probably wouldn't be able to share, even though I might regret it later! :sick: :laughing:

I am not a huge fan of PB & Chocolate together (I know, the horror).

So unsure if I would like this particular cupcake. I wouldn't hate it by all means, but I'd probably not have it as my first pick if I had other cupcakes around me....

So I'll go get myself a Dole Whip while you eat this one. :)

So unsure if I would like this particular cupcake. I wouldn't hate it by all means, but I'd probably not have it as my first pick if I had other cupcakes around me....

Well this is PERFECT Nicole! I can eat YOUR HALF too! :rotfl2: I love love love peanut butter and chocolate, heavy on the peanut butter pretty please.

See, perfect..... I knew there was a reason we were roomies! :)

Everything works out with cupcakes! :grouphug:

I was trying to think of a cupcake that you could have MY half and then we'd be even...but nope...can't think of a single cupcake I wouldn't eat! :rotfl2:

I take that back...the King Cupcake that has bacon. It sounds fantastic except I don't eat meat, so that's a bit of a problem. :rolleyes:

I was trying to think of a cupcake that you could have MY half and then we'd be even...but nope...can't think of a single cupcake I wouldn't eat! :rotfl2: I take that back...the King Cupcake that has bacon. It sounds fantastic except I don't eat meat, so that's a bit of a problem. :rolleyes:
Bleh, I'm with you, why ruin a perfectly good cupcake with bacon. And it's everywhere nowadays! Lol

Bleh, I'm with you, why ruin a perfectly good cupcake with bacon. And it's everywhere nowadays! Lol

Yhea, why is Bacon everywhere now? One of my co-workers (male) came in with donuts the other day and I was all excited (Because, hello, SUGAR) and then I open it and it's all bacon donuts...

Uh... gross.

The cupcake looks yummy, but at the same time I am not a big chocolate person. I would totally eat all that frosting though...sounds delish.

I have been doing some serious soul searching the last few days regarding WDW Marathon weekend. While I definitely want to do a full at WDW, it was also very important for me to have my husband & kids at my first full marathon. I have chosen Rt 66 in late Nov as my first full marathon as it is close to home & they do a special "My First Marathon" medal. Rt 66 was also where I did my first half marathon in 2013. Here is where the soul searching has come in...I do not know how my body will react to a full. 26.2 miles is no joke & while I really, really want to run Goofy (1/2 & full) in 2015, I am making the decision to hold off on that until 2016. Looking at multiple websites & talking to many people the last few days, everyone is suggesting it might be too much, too quick. So, I am looking at the half & possibly 10K during Marathon weekend in Jan, then I can still be good to go for a full weekend at PHM.

The Rt 66 marathon sounds great. Love the "my first marathon" medal. That would be awesome!

That cupcake looks delicious!! I just saw that on somebody's TR and had to stop myself from trying to crawl through the screen for it! I love peanut butter cups though, so that would be one I probably wouldn't be able to share, even though I might regret it later! :sick: :laughing:

Well this is PERFECT Nicole! I can eat YOUR HALF too! :rotfl2: I love love love peanut butter and chocolate, heavy on the peanut butter pretty please.

See, perfect..... I knew there was a reason we were roomies! :)

Everything works out with cupcakes! :grouphug:

I was trying to think of a cupcake that you could have MY half and then we'd be even...but nope...can't think of a single cupcake I wouldn't eat! :rotfl2:

I take that back...the King Cupcake that has bacon. It sounds fantastic except I don't eat meat, so that's a bit of a problem. :rolleyes:

Yhea, why is Bacon everywhere now? One of my co-workers (male) came in with donuts the other day and I was all excited (Because, hello, SUGAR) and then I open it and it's all bacon donuts...

Uh... gross.

The cupcake looks yummy, but at the same time I am not a big chocolate person. I would totally eat all that frosting though...sounds delish.

I am totally on the fence about this cupcake...I am not a sweet frosting kind of girl :scared1:. I know :confused3 I think that is why I like the Master's Cupcake so much with Grey Stuff...no instant tooth ache there...but for some reason this one looks way to rich for me...but maybe a bite?

I am intriqued with the idea of bacon on a cupcake...so the King cupcake which we will discuss later sounds interesting...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter