perk tv

One iPad is freezing, one isn't. The one that is ok has an old version of perk that I've never updated. It's also the one that gets 4 point movie trailers too :)

Looks like Perk is down for maintenance this morning. I've been getting the message since 7 AM EDT. I hope it's up again soon.

ETA: Yay! It's back up and running!

Last edited:
Is anyone having issues with Perk right now? I keep getting "This request has been repeated".

Is anyone having issues with Perk right now? I keep getting "This request has been repeated".
Everything is working good. 5 devices running PerkTV, 1 running Perk Pop Quiz and 1 running Perk Live TV.

Does Perk have an inactivity clause? After seeing this thread up top I decided to go run Perk. It had been a while. I had 0 points. I never redeemed any points before. So I should've had close to 2000. I looked at my points history. And It said "5 points for returning to Perk". I hit Load More and my last activity was on 1/5/15. So it's been a while. Scrolling through my points history all the past points say available next to them. But I still only have 5 points in my total up top. I sent a message thru feedback to see if I could get them back. Anyone else ever have this happen?

Does Perk have an inactivity clause? After seeing this thread up top I decided to go run Perk. It had been a while. I had 0 points. I never redeemed any points before. So I should've had close to 2000. I looked at my points history. And It said "5 points for returning to Perk". I hit Load More and my last activity was on 1/5/15. So it's been a while. Scrolling through my points history all the past points say available next to them. But I still only have 5 points in my total up top. I sent a message thru feedback to see if I could get them back. Anyone else ever have this happen?
I haven't taken a hiatus that lasted that long. I took off a month while my father was sick but my points were still there when I resumed. I can't find anything about points expiring after no activity. I hope that they restore your points.

I haven't taken a hiatus that lasted that long. I took off a month while my father was sick but my points were still there when I resumed. I can't find anything about points expiring after no activity. I hope that they restore your points.

Thanks! I heard back from them:

"Thank you for emailing Perk Customer Support. Our records show that this account has not earned a Perk Point or Token in almost 3 months. You were informed if you go 90 days without earning a Perk Point or Token, your Perk balances will be reset to zero. Accordingly your points have been reset to zero.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any additional questions or concerns and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing Perk!

Perk Customer Support"

So thats it. Out of luck for me :(

I downloaded Perk TV LIVE! on my android phone and it's working really well. 3 points per commercial watched and it credits at a rate close to 9 points per minute. You can only run it when you're actually watching TV and it does require some interaction, but boy does it rack up the points fast!

So, I thought that I would try it on the iPhone and I can't even get it to "listen" to anything. If the app can't "hear" my TV, it won't credit me for watching. Are any of you iPhone users running that app with any success?

I downloaded Perk TV LIVE! on my android phone and it's working really well. 3 points per commercial watched and it credits at a rate close to 9 points per minute. You can only run it when you're actually watching TV and it does require some interaction, but boy does it rack up the points fast!

So, I thought that I would try it on the iPhone and I can't even get it to "listen" to anything. If the app can't "hear" my TV, it won't credit me for watching. Are any of you iPhone users running that app with any success?
I have never been able to get Perk TV to work on my iGadgets.

I have to share... I definitely don't run perk religiously, but I try to keep it going on 2 devices most of the day, try to catch it when it freezes, click the thumbs up/down... But nothing I devote any real time to. Today I am finally at 100,000 points!!! I started in December so it took a full 5 months to get that. I'll use the target or Walmart gift card to buy a disney gift card from either target or SAMs & in 20 days we will use that for a lot of Mickey bars! Thanks everyone for being helpful with tips in getting started

Bumping.
I realized that Perk has gone through some changes since this thread started. Never the less, for what it's worth....I'm giving it a shot since it is more "passive" than swagbucks (which I do well at, but don't have the time to "babysit" TWO site/apps!) I bought a LG Fuel yesterday to test the waters. Seems to run the PerkTV app great! Only had to check it every two hours or so. Made close to 800 points in just the first 10 hrs of running it. Thinking of investing in more of these $9 phones just to run PerkTV.
Wondering how others have been doing with Perk since they re-vamped it?

Bumping.
I realized that Perk has gone through some changes since this thread started. Never the less, for what it's worth....I'm giving it a shot since it is more "passive" than swagbucks (which I do well at, but don't have the time to "babysit" TWO site/apps!) I bought a LG Fuel yesterday to test the waters. Seems to run the PerkTV app great! Only had to check it every two hours or so. Made close to 800 points in just the first 10 hrs of running it. Thinking of investing in more of these $9 phones just to run PerkTV.
Wondering how others have been doing with Perk since they re-vamped it?
Perk is Perk. My earnings are down, in part because of all of the bad updates they keep rolling out and partially because I am not working the apps as enthusiastically as I was even a month ago. I'm still getting between $50-$75 per week in GCs and that's good enough for me. I don't know if I would be "investing" in new phones to do it. Recovering your money would take time, especially with the Perk TV app, which only earns 1 point per video.

Right now I run 5 devices, DH runs 5 devices, we earn about $12 a week combined. We both work full time jobs, so we're not really available during the day to press the "are you still watching" religiously. We try to as much as possible when we are home though.

I'm going to see how I do on PerkTV today. If I make close to 800 points (value = 80 cents, right?) again it will be worth it. The $9 phone will pay for itself quickly. Maybe yesterday's 800 was a fluke. We'll see. I'm playing the "App Trailers" which I heard are shorter than the other 3 viewing choices so rack up the points faster.

I'm going to see how I do on PerkTV today. If I make close to 800 points (value = 80 cents, right?) again it will be worth it. The $9 phone will pay for itself quickly. Maybe yesterday's 800 was a fluke. We'll see. I'm playing the "App Trailers" which I heard are shorter than the other 3 viewing choices so rack up the points faster.
$9 ÷ $0.80/day = 11.25 days to recover your "investment". That assumes that the phone runs smoothly, with no crashes, freezes, buggy updates or other snags that would prevent you from making the full 800 points that you're anticipating.

Perk is Perk. My earnings are down, in part because of all of the bad updates they keep rolling out and partially because I am not working the apps as enthusiastically as I was even a month ago. I'm still getting between $50-$75 per week in GCs and that's good enough for me. I don't know if I would be "investing" in new phones to do it. Recovering your money would take time, especially with the Perk TV app, which only earns 1 point per video.

Are you really making $50-$75 / wk on Perk? If so, how are you able to make $7 - $10 a day on it??

Are you really making $50-$75 / wk on Perk? If so, how are you able to make $7 - $10 a day on it??
Yes. I usually redeem on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday for a $25 GC each time. I have multiple devices - 5 each on Perk TV Live and Perk Pop Quiz, 4 running Perk TV and one running Perk Wallet videos when I have the time to babysit it. If SBTV weren't giving me so many bonus rounds, I would be switching that device over to Perk TV when SB is finished.

$9 ÷ $0.80/day = 11.25 days to recover your "investment". That assumes that the phone runs smoothly, with no crashes, freezes, buggy updates or other snags that would prevent you from making the full 800 points that you're anticipating.
Just picked up 3 of the phones. Was all they had. Yep that's how the numbers worked out for me too. Since I have over a year until our next WDW, 12 days (or even if it takes double that!) to recoup the cost of the phones seems like a drop in the bucket and after that their earnings will be 100% profit (minus the power costs of course).
I am going to use one of the phones to run swagbucks apps thereby saving my IPad from being on all day!

Wow! I'm only getting like $1/day running movie trailers on Perk TV....and that's leaving it running all night and some in the evening. I don't think it's crashing....but I do get the "Are you still watching" thing. How are you getting $50-$75? I would love to increase my earnings that much! It taking a month to get a $25 gift card is ridiculous!

Wow! I'm only getting like $1/day running movie trailers on Perk TV....and that's leaving it running all night and some in the evening. I don't think it's crashing....but I do get the "Are you still watching" thing. How are you getting $50-$75? I would love to increase my earnings that much! It taking a month to get a $25 gift card is ridiculous!
LOL! How many devices can you devote to doing Perk and how much time can you spare? As you can see from my PP, I have 15-16 devices all running some kind of Perk app. Some are pretty passive (like Perk TV and Perk Pop Quiz) and then others require a certain amount of babysitting (like Perk TV Live!, Perk Screen and the videos on Perk Wallet). I'm lucky enough to work from home most days, so I'm around to reset them when they crash or freeze. If I'm watching TV at night, I answer Pop Quiz questions for more points. I also give them a rest for a few hours each night to prevent my account from being flagged.

Oh, and don't run movie trailers. They take forever. If you're using an Apple device, search for the app trailers under popular videos. They run much quicker, so you'll earn more points. When the AYSW pop up appears, go back and run the app trailer from the beginning again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter