Pentax Users - New K-r - Display Issues?

Now they are out of the white one, too. Maybe this isn't meant to be!
If you've already made a decision about which camera to buy based on specs and ergonomics, I'd think that color should be the least of your concerns. I mean, granted colors are fun. But lack of a certain color wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

If you've already made a decision about which camera to buy based on specs and ergonomics, I'd think that color should be the least of your concerns. I mean, granted colors are fun. But lack of a certain color wouldn't be a deal breaker for me.

No no it's not the color that is the issue. It is the price (the colored ones are cheaper, or were at this retailer). The black one is the only one left and it's more. I just mean maybe it's not meant to be because all the hassle of this! I would still take a black one, if it were the same price.

These made me think otherwise.

ilovepete said:
kinda bummed all the way around but I'm trying not to let it sway my view on Pentax.

Now they are out of the white one, too. Maybe this isn't meant to be!

No no it's not the color that is the issue. It is the price (the colored ones are cheaper, or were at this retailer). The black one is the only one left and it's more. I just mean maybe it's not meant to be because all the hassle of this! I would still take a black one, if it were the same price.
Just ask them about it, then. I'd think they'd want to try to accomodate you after all that's happened.

I chose the camera I wanted and THEN I chose the color I liked because there were multiple options available. If there was only black, I would have gone with that. I found that my first choice was available at a great price and ordered it. Then I had to send it back because of a defective screen. At that point they were out of the one I originally picked, the red, so I had to make another choice. My preference is red, white, black, but I was willing to get any of them IF they were the same price I paid for the original one I got (which was red), but I can't find any color at that price. The red was the cheapest, then the white, and then the black at the retailer I chose to order from. So, my second choice was white, and now they are out of that. It's not the color I am most upset about, it is that now the black one will cost me $50 MORE to get that one and that isn't even my preference. Everywhere else has it more expensive in any color. So yes, I am bummed as if my camera wasn't defective I'd have exactly what I wanted at the right price. The color is a PLUS for me but it wasn't the reason I chose the K-r.

I chose the camera I wanted and THEN I chose the color I liked because there were multiple options available. If there was only black, I would have gone with that. I found that my first choice was available at a great price and ordered it. Then I had to send it back because of a defective screen. At that point they were out of the one I originally picked, the red, so I had to make another choice. My preference is red, white, black, but I was willing to get any of them IF they were the same price I paid for the original one I got (which was red), but I can't find any color at that price. The red was the cheapest, then the white, and then the black at the retailer I chose to order from. So, my second choice was white, and now they are out of that. It's not the color I am most upset about, it is that now the black one will cost me $50 MORE to get that one and that isn't even my preference. Everywhere else has it more expensive in any color. So yes, I am bummed as if my camera wasn't defective I'd have exactly what I wanted at the right price. The color is a PLUS for me but it wasn't the reason I chose the K-r.
In fairness, $50 wouldn't sway me, either, if I chose this camera based on research, specs and ergonomics. But whatever, no need to get upset. Just trying to help.

Oh and I'm cheap LOL so $50 does sway me usually, but at this point, I don't have a choice since the ones I originally got are out of stock.

Oh and I'm cheap LOL so $50 does sway me usually, but at this point, I don't have a choice since the ones I originally got are out of stock.
Firty bucks is going to be a drop in the bucket once you start getting into it! (As we've all found out!)

I just think it's always best to stick with the one your gut led you to in the first place. Otherwise, you probably won't be happy.

Firty bucks is going to be a drop in the bucket once you start getting into it! (As we've all found out!)

I just think it's always best to stick with the one your gut led you to in the first place. Otherwise, you probably won't be happy.

Definitely good advice, and you are right. That is what my husband says. :)

I think you should call and directly ask them to honor the original price given all the trouble you have had and ultimately they sold you defective equipment.

I tried but they no longer have the item I ordered in stock, they have it in a different color, which they don't consider the same thing (when I ordered they had red, black, and white... now they only have black). They told me I'd have to reorder. I put a note in my package asking again. I just got a conformation that they received my package, so we'll see. :) I'm not thinking it is likely, though.

I know it's not a huge deal, I guess I'm just disappointed in the whole thing because I wanted to be taking pictures right now and learning how to use it (for specific events we have going on)! That's all really. Just bummed. There are much worse things going on in the world so I shouldn't complain! :)

I tried but they no longer have the item I ordered in stock, they have it in a different color, which they don't consider the same thing (when I ordered they had red, black, and white... now they only have black). They told me I'd have to reorder. I put a note in my package asking again. I just got a conformation that they received my package, so we'll see. :) I'm not thinking it is likely, though.

I know it's not a huge deal, I guess I'm just disappointed in the whole thing because I wanted to be taking pictures right now and learning how to use it (for specific events we have going on)! That's all really. Just bummed. There are much worse things going on in the world so I shouldn't complain! :)

Not to push the matter, but I wouldn't be settling for a note on email then waiting to see what they will do.

I'd be on the phone telling them how disappointed you are in how everything has gone. I'd probably stretch the truth a bit and tell them you ordered it for an upcoming trip (maybe you did? I don't recall........) and that you need this settled quickly. I'd spell out for them that you'd like whatever color they have in stock but at the price you paid for the original.

You can ask, they can say no. But I'd at least try.

Whatever the case, I think you should add your experience to Reseller Ratings. If they are not as honest and caring for the customers as they used to be then people need to hear about it.

Just to update you guys... I got my refund today. I called to make sure they weren't attempting to send me a replacement (since I said that is what I would prefer) and they aren't. He said I would have to buy it somewhere else.

So... I guess I will be buying it elsewhere!

After all you have been through, for your sake I hope you are looking at some of the more reputable online sites to purchase your camera! I purchase all my stuff from B & H, Adorama, Amazon or Newegg. I have had nothing, but good luck with those sites. Good luck!!

After all you have been through, for your sake I hope you are looking at some of the more reputable online sites to purchase your camera! I purchase all my stuff from B & H, Adorama, Amazon or Newegg. I have had nothing, but good luck with those sites. Good luck!!

YES! I was just telling my husband this earlier today. Forget finding the best price at this point! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter