Peeps, restrooms & drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR-Pt.2 1/21-Under the sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all...I'm home....will update soon....

Hope the trip was a comfort to all who attended... :hug:

4 hours to shop isn't the problem - it's 4 hours of DISNEY TIME wasted.. :eek: (and I LOVE to shop! ;) )

DD is 14 and took one look at BBB last year and said, "DARN! Wish they had that when I was little!!!" To which DH & I looked at each other and said, "Thank God she's 14!" :rolleyes1

We leave in four weeks! Just returned yesterday from a weekend at a dude ranch - laundry, laundry, laundry! :laundy: And, then start packing AGAIN! Did I mention we leave in four weeks for WDW?! :cool1:

Kim and Wendy were having some girl time and went to DTD for some shopping. Why do girls and shopping just seem to go together? They have a great time at DTD. They spent around 4 hours there... How can anyone shop for 4 hours?

Well, in our defense, it was partly shopping and partly just socializing and "girl time". But mostly shopping. Ha ha ha. And when you're just strolling about and leisurely shopping (i.e., not on a "mission" of any sort to find something specific), 4 hours can just fly by. And remember, part of that time is waiting for WDW Transport buses... ha.

While they were there, they make a "scary" discovery. They are both frightened and shudder in disbelieve........They saw this:
IMG_0463.jpg

That's right folks. They ran into the monster that is the biddidi bobbiti boutique. Having both apparently lived under a rock, neither Wendy nor Kim have ever heard about BBB.

Ok - I think I've *heard* of it... but never saw it in all its glory.

They were just so freaked out by the fact that people would actually pay that much money for something that wouldn't last that long....Wendy actually saw a little girl walk out of the Boutique and proceed to take everything out of her hair...

Wendy says she'll never take Erin there.

Place your bets. Place your bets. How many years before you see 100 pix with Erin at BBB?;) Never say never.....

And I give Wendy until the next WDW trip before Erin gets in there...:rolleyes1

I am laughing at the BBB stuff I say by the time Erin's 8 she'll have been princessified :rotfl:

My guess is as soon as Erin learns about BBB........Wendy will be forking over the cash to have her princessified!:rotfl2:

Well the one thing I have going for me is that although she *can* be girly now and then (dressing up and whatnot) she's not TOTALLY girly all the time. So far, as many times as she's seen girls dressed up in their princess outfits at DL or WDW, she has never once asked me if she can dress up in the Parks. So hopefully even if she sees it, she won't feel the need to have it done to her. But I could be wrong... after all, she DID just ask me to get her an autograph book for the characters. We'll see...

And that girl that was taking the stuff out of her hair HADN'T EVEN LEFT THE WORLD OF DISNEY YET. We were waiting in line at the registers and she was in front of us with her mom and was totally taking it all out. I'd have flipped. She was like 12 or 13 and seemed like she didn't like it, so then I'm thinking "Then why the heck did you do it in the first place?!?!?!" Yeeks.

BTW even tho the BBB is kinda expensive the girls get to keep all the stuff they use on them (makeup, nail polish, barrettes) and depending on the style you choose you get the hair piece too (which is just a glorified rubber band). H is 8 and she LOVED it and still used her stuff.

Well, seeing as I had my little hellion princessified, and she took all of hers out 45 minutes later, after begging for MONTHS to have it done, adn she STILL talks about it, I say, the odds are pretty darn good that Wendy will drop the $$.

I think I'll wait until she begs me to do it. And even then I'll see if she asks me repeatedly (she tends to be fickle about things now and then). THEN I'll see if I cave in or not :rolleyes1

I'm with Wendy and Kim on this one. I can't believe the expense of the BBB. It is one of those times that I am really glad that I have a boy and not a girl:thumbsup2

Frighteningly (and much to DH's dismay), it might be DYLAN that asks first (ha ha). He likes sitting at Erin's Ariel vanity table and get his hair cut and use the brush, curling iron, etc. Eeks. :scared1:

We actually let Chelsea do the BBB last June and let me tell you that those fake hair pieces do look like squirrels or something. I had a couple of bad moments walking into her room in the past year, seeing that hairpiece out of the corner of my eye, and thinking for a split second that there was a dead thing in her room. She had a blast and felt like an absolute princess, but once was more than enough.

Daisy has a couple of those fake hair pieces from dance performances and she also has a dress form. This past year she has taken to pinning her outfit for the next day on the dress form and she has a hair piece clipped on the top of it. I can not tell you how many times I've about jumped out of my skin walking past her room and thinking someone is standing in there!

Ok, these are the most hilarious stories. I can just imagine you whacking it on the floor with a broom only to find out ohhhhh, it's a HAIR PIECE... whew. But I do agree, if (and that's a big IF) I do it - once is more than enough. Until she pays for it herself.

On BBB - If my kids save their own $$$, I would help, or pay half. I find it outrageous and so far, we have not had any meltdowns about it at all. My kids can see (thankfully) that you do not get your money's worth (to us) at BBB. I know, it is the EXPERIENCE you pay for. I am not saying we'll never go, but I will not be paying for it all. I just find just as much "magic' in dressing up on your own and being in the MK!!

ITA. :thumbsup2

DD is 14 and took one look at BBB last year and said, "DARN! Wish they had that when I was little!!!" To which DH & I looked at each other and said, "Thank God she's 14!"

Kim said the same thing - thank goodness they didn't have that when SHE was a kid or else she totally would have been begging her parents to let her do it. Ha ha.

I give them Winkers to take pictures around the World Showcase......

Apparently, they couldn't wait to get out of the hotel before starting.....
IMG_0467.jpg

This one is my favorite. Winkers has more adventures coming and we all get in the act.

Hi Dan & Ed! :yay:

Jordan, have you seen the games so far in the finals?? I can't believe how dominating the Wings have been, but I'll take it! Two more and we'll be done! :thumbsup2 :cool1: :banana:

Just wanted to drop in and say "hi" :wave2: I just found your trip report and read the whole thing (well just the updates) and really enjoyed it. Looking forward to the next update......

Glad you're home, Jordan! You will be happy to know we didn't even have a party at your house this time. :angel:

I'm coming out of lurkdom!!!

I've been on lurking for months and truly enjoying myself. But it is time to fess up since I stole Jordan's and Winkers's idea and did a Flat Brody trip. (It was before he was sending out Flat Jordan's so I used my dog instead.) :goodvibes

My Mom and I had a great time with Flat Brody and it's all thanks to Jordan and Winkers!!!

Winkers, I don't know where you find all these cartoons but they are hilarious! And, um, shouldn't you be updating your TR??? :confused:

~Beka~

Hello!

I decided I was going to stop lurking and say hi. :) I read through your entire TR and I love it.. rice is truly the breakfast of champions, ha! Then again that might be just cause I'm Asian as well... :rolleyes1:

I'm going to be a professional intern down at WDW next month and I'm getting quite excited reading different TRs since I've never been to WDW before. Keep updating, I'd love to read more about what I can do down there! :)

Hey Jordan, welcome home, you were missed :hug:

Wendy, the BBB discussion is too funny! I'm sooo glad I have two boys - theoretically, they will never ask for a BBB experience :rotfl2: Of course, my youngest son does regularly wear my sandals and ask for nail polish on his toes :lmao:

Wendy, the BBB discussion is too funny! I'm sooo glad I have two boys - theoretically, they will never ask for a BBB experience :rotfl2: Of course, my youngest son does regularly wear my sandals and ask for nail polish on his toes :lmao:

Hysterical!!! Yes - "theoretically" is the key word. Dylan loves wearing my shoes... yeeks. Odd he doesn't wear DH's shoes... maybe mine are more interesting. Maybe they'll come out with a Bibbidi Bobbidi BOYtique.

SCARY! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter