Peculiar Op-Ed About WDW

The first guy I will invite to my next party.

Seriously, I'm a bit burned out on Nazi references.

The author of the article is likely lying too.
I'm betting everyone - this Thread is nothing more than click-bait for a political blog.

Moderator - please, throw out the trash.

I find this comment to be completely uncalled for, and something, for one of the few times in my years on DISboards, I actually find to be truly offensive. To suggest that a user who has garnered more than his fair share of posts and hopefully participated as a productive and helpful member of this community is using it to promote a blog that skews to the opposite of his political views (based on what Wikipedia tells me at least) is, with all due respect, absurd. I'd at least hope that those who have seen my posts in other threads can attest to my validity as a member of this community, and that I'm not "trash".

I got this link from Josh of easyWDW's Twitter feed and found its attitude both funny but also, as you did as well, silly and sort of ridiculous. I often share links from other sites with the DIS, as they tend to stimulate interesting and worthwhile discussion. Plus, many DISers seem to have a very entertaining sense of humor, which always gives me a good laugh as well. Just because you don't agree with this blog does not mean you need to attack someone who is sharing it. It's the old saying "don't blame the messenger." I'm glad others at least found the read interesting.

Given my just-got-back trip to DLR, I am right there with this guy. And it has nothing to do with DLR but with the heat and guests. Great article to read today as I continue to process my regret for buying APs the first day and signing up for Star Wars RunDisney weekend.

Our wait for Undwr the Sea at MK was over 50 minutes. Confused by the comment here about that. The enjoyment of the ride goes down with every five to ten minute increment you wait. And from my recent experience the enjoyment is done even with a three minute wait if you're cut in front of repeatedly and then some dingbat is using her flash and then the "under the sea" scene is totally silent. Sigh.

I'm with this guy. Except for the wrong name of the park. :)

I found it amusing. The best line was cafeteria being a place full of broken dreams and pending divorces. :rotfl2:That's pure gold! Lol
Although I adore :love: Disney I know others don't, and I can appreciate the sarcasm. He did it for his kids, and they enjoyed it! :goodvibes
I'm a admitted Type A and I still laugh at ADR being 6 months out. Of course I'm right there when they open but it is funny when you think about it.

I would think that there are some divorce decisions made there. I do hear quite a bit of arguing and loudness. More so than elsewhere in the parks. And the formerly one but now two after our last trip domestics happened in one. Disney doesn't solve problems. On the contrary. It brings them right to the surface.

Lastly - Nazi? Really? Godwins Law prevails once again
He wasn't comparing Disney to Nazi's, just illustrating how much he hates crowds and lines. Thus, no Godwin's law confirmation.

I would think that there are some divorce decisions made there. I do hear quite a bit of arguing and loudness. More so than elsewhere in the parks. And the formerly one but now two after our last trip domestics happened in one. Disney doesn't solve problems. On the contrary. It brings them right to the surface.

Shhhh :ssst: ... guilty. Had a small heated "debate" in there too. Ahh... good times. Good times. ;)

There was another op-ed piece written by a woman that made my head hurt. She said ppl had to pay for fast passes. :headache:
I read that too and it did get edited to reflect no extra cost for FP. If I knew how to link that article here I would. The first article was funny and shows how far people will go for their kids, doing things they intensely dislike to give their kids a great vacation. The second article on that site made me feel really bad for a minute about taking my daughter to CRT.

The author of the article is likely lying too.

First of all, Pirates has been closed since early June/late May. Did this article get written and published nearly two months after Pirates was closed?

Second, Under the Sea is not likely to ever see wait times of 50 minutes (unless you believe Josh at easywdw is a liar). Is it possible, yes. But this would be a highly unique experience, not the norm.

Third, as much as some people dislike FP+, it does save time, and the author leaves the impression FP+ did not save his family any time.

Fourth - author gets meticulous details about the overall size of Disney World, but shows an inability to call 'Wild Kingdom' by it's proper name.

Lastly - Nazi? Really? Godwins Law prevails once again - to describe 'pushy'. The author is from NYC, went to Harvard, and likely lives in northern Virginia outside Washington - and somehow, he found the patrons of Disney to be pushy?

If this weren't a family site - I'd suggest the author of the article is full of something other than Pixie Dust.

I'm betting everyone - this Thread is nothing more than click-bait for a political blog.

Moderator - please, throw out the trash.

Oh - I don't know. I enjoyed reading the article and your sig as well.

Shhhh :ssst: ... guilty. Had a small heated "debate" in there too. Ahh... good times. Good times. ;)

We actually encountered a husband and wife going at each other inside Restaurantosaurus on our last visit. Quite unsettling. Several others had to ask them to tone it down multiple times.

It's a tongue-in-cheek post that is pretty representative of WDW guests who aren't "into" Disney. Those are the guests who are most likely to go during the busiest times, and hence experience WDW at its most difficult.

Harsanyi is generally a political blogger, so the question I was left with was why he wrote this one in the first place.

I enjoyed the article. I'm a big Disney fan, but I understand the sentiment for those who are not up for the Disney vacation - my dad for one. He suffers through them for me and now for DS, but he'd much rather be in Alaska with a fishing rod and no one else in sight for a vacation. He sucks it up, jokes about the 'happiest freakin place on earth!' as screaming children go by and takes pictures of us standing in every line (seriously - at the resort waiting for the bus, for the rides, for food). It's all in jest and I get a kick out of his tongue in cheek humor, but I know deep down, he'd rather be anywhere but there!

Now, when we get him on the Disney cruise, that's another story.....

A look from someone on the outside.

I find it funny that his kids happiness wasn't enough to make it worth it for him just enough to make him apparently prove that he's a parent who loves his kids. :rolleyes2

We actually encountered a husband and wife going at each other inside Restaurantosaurus on our last visit. Quite unsettling. Several others had to ask them to tone it down multiple times.

Thankfully mine was not loud and I hope and pray it didn't interrupt anyone else. It was stern whispering that lasted all of 5 minutes. But after 6 days of 24/7 family togetherness we were sick of each other. Like I said, good times. Good times.

(and if anyone witnessed a couple bickering at a low whisper at CHH on the second floor in early May of 2013 please accept my apology) :flower3:

Thankfully mine was not loud and I hope and pray it didn't interrupt anyone else. It was stern whispering that lasted all of 5 minutes. But after 6 days of 24/7 family togetherness we were sick of each other. Like I said, good times. Good times.

(and if anyone witnessed a couple bickering at a low whisper at CHH on the second floor in early May of 2013 please accept my apology) :flower3:
You never know when that might hit. I remember once when DH and I had quite an argument in front of the National Cathedral. Needless to say we didn't go in at that time. :)

Don't usually read this site, but someone posted it on Twitter. Thought this might give everyone a laugh.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/31/disney-world-is-the-worst-thing-ever-you-should-definitely-go/

I'd hate to be in this guy's travel party. I particularly love his thoughts on "Wild Kingdom". I understand that Disney's not for everyone but I think some of his "comparisons" go a little too far... Thoughts?

Maybe his panties were on a lil to snuggly..LoL

WoW..I don't know how to react to this....Article..:confused3

I'm just glad that I absolutely love this place and so does my family. We haven't even arrived on this trip in 2 weeks, and there already trying to tell us to forget about a cruise during spring break, we want to go back to Disney....

Who am I to let them down..?:lmao:Already looking at plane fare.. Woohoo

I read that too and it did get edited to reflect no extra cost for FP. If I knew how to link that article here I would. The first article was funny and shows how far people will go for their kids, doing things they intensely dislike to give their kids a great vacation. The second article on that site made me feel really bad for a minute about taking my daughter to CRT.
Here it is : http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/31/why-i-wont-go-to-disney-world/
:teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter