Peculiar Op-Ed About WDW

andyman8

DIS Veteran and WDW Passholder
I found it amusing. The best line was cafeteria being a place full of broken dreams and pending divorces. :rotfl2:That's pure gold! Lol

Although I adore :love: Disney I know others don't, and I can appreciate the sarcasm. He did it for his kids, and they enjoyed it! :goodvibes

I'm a admitted Type A and I still laugh at ADR being 6 months out. Of course I'm right there when they open but it is funny when you think about it.

That was funny! I can relate to his frustration, but I did enjoy every minute at MK despite the crowds and the heat.

yeah it's from the same sight that someone else wrote about why she won't take her kids to Disney World-not horribly bashing but still pretty condescending at the end...this guys take on WDW was pretty funny.

Intellectuals are too urbane to profess an understanding of, or to enjoy the tedious vagaries of Disney.
The author of the article is likely lying too.

First of all, Pirates has been closed since early June/late May. Did this article get written and published nearly two months after Pirates was closed?

Second, Under the Sea is not likely to ever see wait times of 50 minutes (unless you believe Josh at easywdw is a liar). Is it possible, yes. But this would be a highly unique experience, not the norm.

Third, as much as some people dislike FP+, it does save time, and the author leaves the impression FP+ did not save his family any time.

Fourth - author gets meticulous details about the overall size of Disney World, but shows an inability to call 'Wild Kingdom' by it's proper name.

Lastly - Nazi? Really? Godwins Law prevails once again - to describe 'pushy'. The author is from NYC, went to Harvard, and likely lives in northern Virginia outside Washington - and somehow, he found the patrons of Disney to be pushy?

If this weren't a family site - I'd suggest the author of the article is full of something other than Pixie Dust.

I'm betting everyone - this Thread is nothing more than click-bait for a political blog.

Moderator - please, throw out the trash.

It does get hot in Orlando.

Last edited:
jimmarlin.jpg

Don't usually read this site, but someone posted it on Twitter. Thought this might give everyone a laugh.

http://thefederalist.com/2015/07/31/disney-world-is-the-worst-thing-ever-you-should-definitely-go/

I'd hate to be in this guy's travel party. I particularly love his thoughts on "Wild Kingdom". I understand that Disney's not for everyone but I think some of his "comparisons" go a little too far... Thoughts?

I know this type of person. Very self-absorbed and cant set the phone down even for a vacation/funeral/etc.. He will never get it because he is a half-observer of life. He doesn't participate in life he just sees it from outside.

Lastly - Nazi? Really?

The author said Disney World offers two things out of three, maybe the third and that third was Nazis. The first two were lines and crowds and I don't think you can argue with that. As for the Nazi comment, I think that was tongue in cheek although many on this board do refer to Line Nazis, etc.

My thoughts are some people could use a chill pill today or take a refresher on sarcasm and how a family can have a good vacation with all the hassles involved.

There was another op-ed piece written by a woman that made my head hurt. She said ppl had to pay for fast passes. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter