Pecos Bill menu change

luvpooh

oh bother!
It appears that Pecos Bill will be closing for a few days next week to relaunch their menu, Chipotle style, including fajitas, burritos and rice bowls.

What do you think? Good idea, if executed properly? I'm interested to see the full menu.

Where else are burgers available in mk? Are there other Mexican restaurants in the park?

Cosmic Rays has burgers. Tortuga Tavern has some Mexicanish dishes, but is only open seasonally. Maybe they have plans to do something different with TT once Pecos Bill changes menus and Skippers Canteen opens.

I figure it is kind of like Tortuga Tavern. I personally think it sounds like a good change. Maybe it is because of the Skippers Canteen that they decided to make the change.

If it truly is Chipolte/ Qdoba style, where you get to build your own burrito, that would be an awesome edition. That said, Pecos Bill is my favorite place to get a burger at Disney, so I sure hope they upgrade the burger options someplace else :)

I think nay. I am all for authentic Mexican, but Disney Mexican is not great. Those burgers were good! And PB was always relatively crowd less for us, so we chose it over CR.

I'm all for it, I've yet to be there when TT was open. Love any kind of Mexican food, authentic, tex mex, regional, fast food.

Interesting that people are instantly assuming the worst. No menu has been posted online yet. So other than adding fajitas, burritos, rice bowls we actually don't know that there is no burger. Maybe that's what will happen but I 'd prefer to have hard facts before jumping to the conclusion. Take a look at the current menu and there's lots of things like chicken sandwiches, a variety of other sandwiches, pulled pork etc that could be removed and replaced with the fajitas etc without having to touch the burgers which are only two of about 10-12 items on the menu. Let's wait for actual info.

Interesting that people are instantly assuming the worst. No menu has been posted online yet. So other than adding fajitas, burritos, rice bowls we actually don't know that there is no burger.

Rikki Niblett at TouringPlans is reporting there will be no burgers. I am not saying she can't be wrong (in fact, I hope she is), but I would assume that she didn't just pull that out of thin air.

I am fine with the Chipotle-ish additions if they keep the burgers. Like @jillt2ph, I never got into Cosmic Ray's. I don't hate it; it just doesn't call to me.

Tucking yourself in the back corner of PB's with a burger is one of my favorite dining "things" at MK. The only thing that might be better is sitting in the "bridge" area in Columbia Harbor House and watching folks pass between Liberty Square and Fantasyland.

This actually sounds great and hoping we can check it out when we go in Nov. Like the idea of some different casual choices in MK :)

The best burger at MK is at the Plaza - it's a little more expensive, but oh so good! I am looking forward to trying something different at Pecos Bills. I was never a huge fan of the burgers there.

My husband would love this because Mexican food is his favorite food by far, I highly doubt I'll ever eat here because I don't like Mexican.

It'd just be nice to be able to get a decent quick-service burger at both ends of the park is all I'm saying. I have no idea what the Skipper Canteen will be serving, but maybe that will fill the presumed "burger gap".

I could be wrong but I'm thinking all of the burgers at the counter service locations are the same.

Yes, I think you are right. The two locations don't share a kitchen, but I highly doubt there's any substantial difference in their burger preparation, either.

I know it makes no sense, but they just seem better at PB's than CR's. Maybe it's the ambiance. Maybe it's the fixins bar. I don't know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter