Paying OOP for breakfast and DDP for lunch & dinner, charging to magic bands

True Romance

DIS Veteran
We have the standard dining plan and have our QS and TS restaurants all set. We just want to grab some QS food from our hotel in the mornings for breakfast. We want to pay OOP for the breakfast and use our DP credits for the other meals and snacks. Can we still just scan our magic bands for the OOP meals and they won't deduct it from our credits? I am assuming we just tell the cast member we are charging that meal? We just want to charge our extra expenses back to the room and pay for those at the end of the stay.

Thanks for the help.

Yes. The cast member will ask if you want to use credits or charge, just say your option or just say when you hand over your items. Scan your magic band and just double check your receipt to make sure it was charged and not use of credits.

Ditto what Nicnic said. Also, I often used a snack credit for a pastry, bagel or yogurt parfait fir breakfast plus a drink in my refillable mug. No extra expense over the dining plan at all. This works best for us with a family of 5 where some do a snack credit and some do a bigger breakfast OOP, then we have snack credits to share later in the park as well.

We did this several times last trip, but do specify that you want to charge it to your room. We had an instance where the cashier in the CBR food court was going too fast and/or distracted, never asked me, and deducted credits. She was able to reverse it and charge me, but I was worried about the credits not showing back up (they did).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter