Paying it forward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be at WDW 2/25-3/5 and would gladly send a postcard to a child headed to WDW in March. Someone there now is sending one to my 2 and 3 year olds, so I'd like to return the favor. PM me with your address and I will send some out!

My kids received post cards from a wonderful DIS member and his family a few weeks ago. My 9 yr old son brought his to school to show his teacher, he was so excited. His postcard is now hanging on the bulletin board in school so everyone can see it. My 10 yr old daughter was on cloud nine because she received hers from tink(her favorite). She still looks at it everyday. My five yr old daughters each got one from Snow White. We had to call everyone we knew the day they came to tell them. My 12 yr old didnt get as excited in the same way and of course gave me the skeptical look, but in her terms it was "Cool". She had a big smile on her face too. This is a wonderful thing to do. Wanted to share my story and also to say I am looking to Pay It Forward as well. I am willing to send 5 postcards during our trip (April 16-23). Please Pm me your childrens name, address, and any personal favorite characters.

kerry34 said:
My kids received post cards from a wonderful DIS member and his family a few weeks ago. My 9 yr old son brought his to school to show his teacher, he was so excited. His postcard is now hanging on the bulletin board in school so everyone can see it. My 10 yr old daughter was on cloud nine because she received hers from tink(her favorite). She still looks at it everyday. My five yr old daughters each got one from Snow White. We had to call everyone we knew the day they came to tell them. My 12 yr old didnt get as excited in the same way and of course gave me the skeptical look, but in her terms it was "Cool". She had a big smile on her face too. This is a wonderful thing to do. Wanted to share my story and also to say I am looking to Pay It Forward as well. I am willing to send 5 postcards during our trip (April 16-23). Please Pm me your childrens name, address, and any personal favorite characters.

I have committed to sending postcards. Do you mind sharing what was on the ones your children received so i can get an idea of what to write...Also, did the actual character sign it or just a good forgery?

Thanks for your help.

anyone THIS nice, HAS to be from New England!! This is such a "magical" thing to do......sending pixi dust YOUR way........ :wizard:

Hi All! :wave:

I think this is a great idea! :teeth:

My family, DH, DS1,DS2,DS3 and I will be visiting Disney World starting June 28th - If anyone can send my boys a card that would be wonderful. :Pinkbounc

I will also return the favor - if anyone needs a card while I'm at Disney World please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Thanks!
Ely

POR- June/July 2005
AS - June/July 2003
:cool1: :flower: :rotfl: :banana: :love: :cheer2: :bounce:

I will be there beginning of July. I will take the first 3 to PM me.

lewdyan1 said:
I have committed to sending postcards. Do you mind sharing what was on the ones your children received so i can get an idea of what to write...Also, did the actual character sign it or just a good forgery?

Thanks for your help.

All the cards my children received had different handwriting except for the Snow White cards obviously because they were from the same character. I don't know if they were signed by the character or not. The card from Snow white said something like "See you soon here in Walt Disney World". The card from Buzz said something like " Heard you were coming for a visit, see you soon", off hand I cant remember my other kids cards but they were along those lines, each of them were phrased a bit differently than the other which was nice, and like I said, were in different handwriting. That helped with the older kids because that is something they would definately pick up on right away. Hope this helps. Have a great trip.

vicceja said:
Hi All! :wave:

I think this is a great idea! :teeth:

My family, DH, DS1,DS2,DS3 and I will be visiting Disney World starting June 28th - If anyone can send my boys a card that would be wonderful. :Pinkbounc
vicceja said:
PM me your kids names, address, and favorite characters and I will be glad to send them. We will be there April 16-23. :flower: :flower: :flower:

Kerry34,

Thanks for the ideas... I might see if I can enlist a CM to help fill in the cards.

Have a great time at FW.

Dyan

This is a GREAT idea!

I'll gladly take a few for our trip Apr 2-8. Anyone going later than us, go ahead and PM me. I'll be happy to send a few when we are down there.

I know our kids (ds6, dd3, and ds1) will get a big kick out of getting one, so I hope I can make a few other kids' days!
:bounce: :Pinkbounc

I will definately do that too! It is such a grat idea. I am going around the same time as bdrex (April 1st-April 9th) so anyone going later than that can PM me.

Melissa princess:

What a great idea! I made a card from scrapbooking stuff and filled it with mickey ears (punch) and sent it to my nephew (3) - he loved it! I sent it from Mickey and Minnie...

We're going in two weeks (March 1-7) would love to send postcards to the first three who respond. Please PM me with names and etc...

Hope everyone has a Magical Vacation!

Dave, what an awesome idea! Thanks so much for starting this. I would love to send some postcards too. Just pm me.

im going april 22-29 and i only have 4 postcards to send we can handle a couple more if anyone would like just pm me :flower:

I will be happy to send cards when we go in March PM me please

I've pm'd a few people about sending them postcards. How long does it take for a postcard to get somewhere? Is it about 3 days like regular mail or does it take a little longer? I'm trying to figure out if I should send the postcards early in our trip or if I can wait until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter