Patricia & Dale - DFTW VR 9/9/08 TR starts pg 50 - Finally finished! :)

Should hubby grow his mustache back? (view photos page 17)

• yes - grow it back

• no - leave it off

Results are only viewable after voting.
Day 5 – Castaway Cay (yea I know, it has been forever since I updated. I’m such a slacker). I got already to start when I realized that none of my photos from this day were online!

The entire time we were planning our cruise, I kept say Castaway ‘Cay, i.e. kay’ I could not get that it was Cay, i.e. key!

We started the day, as usual with breakfast from room service and a sunrise from our verandah.

2108135440074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

My attempt at a panoramic photo (don’t laugh… I can’t see well)

2849490710074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

See those LITTLE guys down there??? Wait til you see what they can do…

2243525400074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

They actually ‘hold’ the mooring lines…

2404510000074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2892091870074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2850132730074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Oh and these photos today are from my new camera that I got to take underwater photos. I LOVE my camera and had a little trouble using a point and shoot. But boy am I glad I bought this and got it on ebay for maybe $60 (including the waterproof case).

The mandatory photo of the Flying Dutchman (we actually got a good view of the back but I didn’t take pictures then)

2576708610074672119S425x425Q85.jpg

2301511500074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

One of the few photos of the two of us (that wasn’t a self portrait). We are waiting for the jet skis to be ready for our tour.

2873627790074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

This was our very first time either of us had been on a jet ski (let alone drive one). I cannot wear sunglasses (or any glasses) cause they give me an instant headache. I suffer from migraines and do not need any help in that area. We were told that you shouldn’t wear hats or glasses (unless they are on a strap) cause you may loose them in the water. (remember this for later)

We were given a QUICK course on how to use the jet ski, including what happens if you fall off (the thing will stop cause there is a kill switch attached to your wrist, so as you fall in the water, the strap pulls the key or whatever was keeping this thing going, lol). Being a larger person, I was real nervous at first getting on this machine. But boy was it fun!!! We were whipping over waves with them breaking right over us!!! Salt water right into those eyes that were not protected by glasses. Sunscreen running down my face mixing with the salt water into my eyes…. Got the picture OUCH!!!! I was driving with one hand and shielding and protecting my eyes with the other (not a good combo) but it really was a LOT of fun! We had two guides showing us where to go and telling us to speed up at times if we went to slow or got to close to each other. We ended on this little stretch of land (I guess someone around the side of the island cause we couldn’t see Castaway Cay from where we were.

One of the guys who was on the tour with us saw a starfish. I’ve never seen a real live starfish!

2730712490074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

So I had to try to get a closer photo underwater!!!

2011860500074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Soon it was time to go back to the beach so we were off again into the waves with water splashing over the jet ski into my eyes!!! (ouch again!) Note to self, if and when we do another cruise GET SUNGLASSES!!!

After we got back to shore it was time for our bike ride around the island. On our way to where the bike pick up is we ran into this guy…

2720380180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We then got our bikes and followed the route to the observation lookout. I did take some photos, but cannot find them (huh?) Oh, well it was nice to see and get some exercise in the meantime.

It was then time for lunch at the grown up beach and time to relax and enjoy the sun, sand and water. The water was beautiful and so clear and clean. We had rented floaties for the day and I lounged on the float for a long while (actually dozing a time or two). Only to awaken WAY FAR OUT there!!!! Boy is it hard to paddle back in when you don’t want to get off the float. I don’t like to ‘touch’ things on the bottom and I wasn’t even sure if I could touch with how far I was out. I finally made it back to shore and we got some lounge chairs to relax on.

We then saw our friends Monica and Warren strolling down the beach. So they came over and we chatted and enjoyed a drink on the beach! Boy is that the life! I could get use to that kind of afternoon. But soon it was time to head back to the ship. We still had time to use the Rain Forrest room some more.

We made out way back to the ship and as we passed the post office I remembered that I forgot to bring our postcards off to mail!! I NEVER remember to mail postcards. Not even sure why I even buy them. I had them all written out and ready to go, but NO, never mailed. Oh well, we continue on back to the ship and went to relax in the Rain Forrest room. It was so relaxing and the sun was so tiring I dozed on and off for a while. Each time I opened my eyes there were different people in there, lol. By now, the sun was getting to me. When we got back to the room I realized just how much sun I had gotten! I was burnt! (thank goodness our vow renewal was yesterday!). My head was so burnt that the migraine was starting already.

Well I will end here and when we get back will finish up our very last night on the Disney Wonder!

Yea! :cheer2: You're back! I was beginning to worry. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

The pictures are great. I hope your sunburn didn't hurt too much.

Castaway Cay sounds so nice. :goodvibes I would love to take the girls there. Maybe some day. :)

Glad you're back!:hug:

I like how you arranged your pictures in you signature. Really cool.:thumbsup2
You can actually see your faces. My siggie pictures are so small you can barely see them. That's probably good though, because Emily's eyes are closed. :rotfl:

Yea! :cheer2: You're back! I was beginning to worry. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

The pictures are great. I hope your sunburn didn't hurt too much.

Castaway Cay sounds so nice. :goodvibes I would love to take the girls there. Maybe some day. :)

Glad you're back!:hug:

Kelly, I hate that I keep getting side tracked, but now that Christmas if over and all we are doing now is WAITING for our grand daughter to arrive!!! :cool1: She is due tomorrow, but no signs of anything yet. So it may be days or up to a week more.

I'll let you know more about my sunburn in my next installment (and it will be this week!!!) :goodvibes

I like how you arranged your pictures in you signature. Really cool.:thumbsup2
You can actually see your faces. My siggie pictures are so small you can barely see them. That's probably good though, because Emily's eyes are closed. :rotfl:

I had a friend make that for me and I really love it. Wish I had done that before the holidays I think I would have used that for our Family Newsletter we send out. (lots of pictures in little space).

Kelly, I hate that I keep getting side tracked, but now that Christmas if over and all we are doing now is WAITING for our grand daughter to arrive!!! :cool1: She is due tomorrow, but no signs of anything yet. So it may be days or up to a week more.

I'll let you know more about my sunburn in my next installment (and it will be this week!!!) :goodvibes

I had a friend make that for me and I really love it. Wish I had done that before the holidays I think I would have used that for our Family Newsletter we send out. (lots of pictures in little space).

Patty,

Just glad you're back.:woohoo:

Has your granddaughter decided to arrive yet? Hopefully she be here soon. I am sure your DIL is ready for her to be here and I'm sure the rest of you can't wait to meet her.:goodvibes

Do you know if your friend used a computer program for your collage? That is just the neatest thing.

Patty,

Just glad you're back.:woohoo:

Has your granddaughter decided to arrive yet? Hopefully she be here soon. I am sure your DIL is ready for her to be here and I'm sure the rest of you can't wait to meet her.:goodvibes

Do you know if your friend used a computer program for your collage? That is just the neatest thing.

Kelly, still awaiting the arrival of Isabella. Hopefully any day now. I believe my friend used photoshop (or similar) to make that. I'll have to ask her.

Patty....Merry Christmas and Happy New Year....can you believe that a year ago, you were just planning everything?!?!?!?

Love the signature box, I am going to have to try to put one together this weekend.

cheryl

I can't believe how fast the year went Cheryl. It's amazing and exciting. We are getting ready to go to Disney next weekend for a friends VR! I can't wait... then we'll be back in May for our first time in our new home AKV!!!

Oh and I have a confession.. I didn't make my gorgeous siggie... a friend did and I LOVE it!

We have a grand daughter!!!!

Isabella Grace was born this afternoon...

2601983960074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2440288180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

We have a grand daughter!!!!

Isabella Grace was born this afternoon...

2601983960074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

2440288180074672119S500x500Q85.jpg

Congrats to the most beautiful grandmother in the world ot the most beautiful grandbaby in the world. Jason and I are sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the most beautiful grandmother in the world ot the most beautiful grandbaby in the world. Jason and I are sooo happy for you!!!!!!!!

Dawn, thank you so much. That is so sweet of the two of you. I got to tell you again, I LOVE your photos!!! WOW!

Patty -- Congratulations! You look SOOOO happy and Isabella is soooo lucky to have you and Dale as her "GRANDS"!!!! :hug:

Yeah!!!! She's here, she's here, and now you can go to Disney and not worry!!!

And my husband will be sooooo jealous, he wants a daughter in the worst way, and wants to name her Isabella!!

cheryl

Congratulations to the proud GRANDPARENTS! Isabella will just melt your heart each and every time you are with her. You must be on :cloud9: nine!
Being a Grandparent is the best feeling in the world.
Congratulations to all of you!

Patty -- Congratulations! You look SOOOO happy and Isabella is soooo lucky to have you and Dale as her "GRANDS"!!!! :hug:

Cam, thank you so much honey. We are so happy!

Congratulations Patty!!! She's beautiful :lovestruc

Thanks Carolina! We are in love with this precious child.

Yeah!!!! She's here, she's here, and now you can go to Disney and not worry!!!

And my husband will be sooooo jealous, he wants a daughter in the worst way, and wants to name her Isabella!!

cheryl

Cheryl, hubby and I have already 'joked' wouldn't it be nice to take her with us, but know it will be a while. I am planning a two bedroom for our summer trip 'just in case' they can come with us!

Congratulations to the proud GRANDPARENTS! Isabella will just melt your heart each and every time you are with her. You must be on :cloud9: nine!
Being a Grandparent is the best feeling in the world.
Congratulations to all of you!

She is doing that already... each and every time she is in my arms! :goodvibes

She's beautiful! :lovestruc

She needs some little pink baby Mouse Ears.:)

Kelly,

Hoping to find them this weekend. We'll be flying in for a wedding so we will be at DTD on Sunday. If not there, it will have to wait until our May trip.

Kelly,

Hoping to find them this weekend. We'll be flying in for a wedding so we will be at DTD on Sunday. If not there, it will have to wait until our May trip.

Patty,

I hope you have a nice trip. I have to admit I am a little jealous. I wish I was going to DTD this weekend.:laughing: Unfortunately we are stuck here in the snow.
:sad2:

Good luck finding Mickey ears!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter