Party of 5 takes Disney Dream Halloween Cruise w/photos! COMPLETE 11/22/11

Great trip report - made me really look forward to our upcoming cruise. We will be driving to the Port as well and I wondered if you parked and just brought your luggage with you or did your DH drop the luggage and you guys off with the porters. Not sure what the process is since this is our first cruise.

Thanks!

Great trip report - made me really look forward to our upcoming cruise. We will be driving to the Port as well and I wondered if you parked and just brought your luggage with you or did your DH drop the luggage and you guys off with the porters. Not sure what the process is since this is our first cruise.

Thanks!

We dropped our luggage off at with the Porter first. I didn't want to be left behind with 3 very excited kids so we all went together to park the car in the parking deck that was right across the street. We parked on deck 3 where there is a bridge connecting to parking deck to terminal together. I don't think many people knew about this because we walked right in, no line at all. Took us 5 minutes from the car, to the security check point, to the terminal. Hope you have a great time!

Thank you for sharing!
Beautiful pictures!!! Beautiful family!!!
We're going on the Dream Feb 19 2012...We're so looking forward to this cruise.

Great trip report. The kids looked adorable all dressed up for Halloween. We're they able to get any trick or treating done while on board?

We sail on jan. 15th and can't wait. We have been on he Wonder and Magic before ( this will be our 5th cruise) but this will be our first on the Dream.

You said you ate in Animator's twice. Did they have the show (video screens going with Crush et al talking to everyone) both nights?

Tim

Great trip report. The kids looked adorable all dressed up for Halloween. We're they able to get any trick or treating done while on board?

We sail on jan. 15th and can't wait. We have been on he Wonder and Magic before ( this will be our 5th cruise) but this will be our first on the Dream.

You said you ate in Animator's twice. Did they have the show (video screens going with Crush et al talking to everyone) both nights?

Tim

No the kids didn't get to trick or treat on this cruise b/c of bad weather. But DCL did have tables outside of each dining room filled with candy and they also delivered several small bags full of candy to each stateroom.

Yes one a 4 day you eat the same resturant 2x. Once for pirate night and for a regular dining night. Pirate Night is themed so we didn't see crush that night but we did see him on our last night!

I just read your first post. I have to ask...the goofy picture ...taken in the Atrium, Do they add Goofy into the picture or was he there? I asked for some magic shots (I actually asked for Captain Hook) and they gave my little one Tink, which was fine, but I wanted a few different ones ,as we bought the CD as well.

Edit....I see my question was answered once I read further. What an awesome treat.

I just read your first post. I have to ask...the goofy picture ...taken in the Atrium, Do they add Goofy into the picture or was he there? I asked for some magic shots (I actually asked for Captain Hook) and they gave my little one Tink, which was fine, but I wanted a few different ones ,as we bought the CD as well.

Edit....I see my question was answered once I read further. What an awesome treat.

The CD was the best investment I think we made on the whole trip!

Hey! I enjoyed reading your trip report! I love your family portraits! How do you go about scheduling those. I am going in May and would love to have some family portraits done. Also, how do the family portraits and the character and port pictures work, is it the same as in the parks where they give you a photopass card and the photographer scans it each time? This is my first Disney cruise and I was just curious. Thank you so much! :)

Hey! I enjoyed reading your trip report! I love your family portraits! How do you go about scheduling those. I am going in May and would love to have some family portraits done. Also, how do the family portraits and the character and port pictures work, is it the same as in the parks where they give you a photopass card and the photographer scans it each time? This is my first Disney cruise and I was just curious. Thank you so much! :)

Thanks so much! Portraits are available in the ships atrium at specific times. Usually before and after dinner. All of this info. will be in your navigator that you'll get daily in your stateroom. When you use the ship's photographers you use your Key to the World Card (KTTW). The ships also have a face recognition program. All of the port photos are from my camera. I have a Canon 7D DSLR...I'm a photographer. I did however take my camera to all the meet and greets just in case I didn't fall in love with the ship's photographer photos but I did and bought the CD of all the photos taken on the Ship. I am glad I took my own camera for excursions and port adventures. This too was our first cruise and I can't wait to go again!!!

So glad you posted these. We are taking a Dream Halloween cruise this year. We were trying to figure out if you were able to dress up two nights (just in case the kids didn't want to be pirates for Halloween) and were glad to see you did!

Looks like somehow more and 1/2 of my trip report was deleted! Maybe to make room for newer ones?

Thanks so much! Portraits are available in the ships atrium at specific times. Usually before and after dinner. All of this info. will be in your navigator that you'll get daily in your stateroom. When you use the ship's photographers you use your Key to the World Card (KTTW). The ships also have a face recognition program. All of the port photos are from my camera. I have a Canon 7D DSLR...I'm a photographer. I did however take my camera to all the meet and greets just in case I didn't fall in love with the ship's photographer photos but I did and bought the CD of all the photos taken on the Ship. I am glad I took my own camera for excursions and port adventures. This too was our first cruise and I can't wait to go again!!!

How much was the CD? I was wondering.. . . we are going with a group. . . can we all give one room number so they all end up on one cd- do you know? It would be a total of 4 rooms.

Laura

How much was the CD? I was wondering.. . . we are going with a group. . . can we all give one room number so they all end up on one cd- do you know? It would be a total of 4 rooms.

Laura

I can answer that. no. We had a group of 6 rooms and my sister and I wanted 1 CD with both our rooms, but not doable for the same price. I think they told us for $150 more, we could add my room. BUT since we had a lot of pictures taken together, a lot of my pictures ended up on her room account since they use facial recognition, so we just got her CD and she copied it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter