Party of 5 takes Disney Dream Halloween Cruise w/photos! COMPLETE 11/22/11

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by missusa82, Nov 6, 2011.

1. TyRy

TyRy <font color=blue>Part of the problem is I wear my

Great trip report - made me really look forward to our upcoming cruise. We will be driving to the Port as well and I wondered if you parked and just brought your luggage with you or did your DH drop the luggage and you guys off with the porters. Not sure what the process is since this is our first cruise.

Thanks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. missusa82

missusa82 Mouseketeer

We dropped our luggage off at with the Porter first. I didn't want to be left behind with 3 very excited kids so we all went together to park the car in the parking deck that was right across the street. We parked on deck 3 where there is a bridge connecting to parking deck to terminal together. I don't think many people knew about this because we walked right in, no line at all. Took us 5 minutes from the car, to the security check point, to the terminal. Hope you have a great time!

4. Douvres Family

Douvres Family DIS Veteran

Thank you for sharing!
    Beautiful pictures!!! Beautiful family!!!
    We're going on the Dream Feb 19 2012...We're so looking forward to this cruise.

5. princessME!

princessME! Earning My Ears

Great Report! Your kids are so cute! Thanks for sharing!

6. Bytor01

Bytor01 Mouseketeer

Great trip report. The kids looked adorable all dressed up for Halloween. We're they able to get any trick or treating done while on board?

We sail on jan. 15th and can't wait. We have been on he Wonder and Magic before ( this will be our 5th cruise) but this will be our first on the Dream.

You said you ate in Animator's twice. Did they have the show (video screens going with Crush et al talking to everyone) both nights?

Tim

7. Joanna71985

Joanna71985 <marquee><font color=green>Characters are my frien

Great TR! I loved it :)

8. missusa82

missusa82 Mouseketeer

No the kids didn't get to trick or treat on this cruise b/c of bad weather. But DCL did have tables outside of each dining room filled with candy and they also delivered several small bags full of candy to each stateroom.

Yes one a 4 day you eat the same resturant 2x. Once for pirate night and for a regular dining night. Pirate Night is themed so we didn't see crush that night but we did see him on our last night!

9. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I just read your first post. I have to ask...the goofy picture ...taken in the Atrium, Do they add Goofy into the picture or was he there? I asked for some magic shots (I actually asked for Captain Hook) and they gave my little one Tink, which was fine, but I wanted a few different ones ,as we bought the CD as well.

Edit....I see my question was answered once I read further. What an awesome treat.

10. missusa82

missusa82 Mouseketeer

The CD was the best investment I think we made on the whole trip!

11. disneyluvrtink

disneyluvrtink Mouseketeer

Hey! I enjoyed reading your trip report! I love your family portraits! How do you go about scheduling those. I am going in May and would love to have some family portraits done. Also, how do the family portraits and the character and port pictures work, is it the same as in the parks where they give you a photopass card and the photographer scans it each time? This is my first Disney cruise and I was just curious. Thank you so much! :)

12. missusa82

missusa82 Mouseketeer

Thanks so much! Portraits are available in the ships atrium at specific times. Usually before and after dinner. All of this info. will be in your navigator that you'll get daily in your stateroom. When you use the ship's photographers you use your Key to the World Card (KTTW). The ships also have a face recognition program. All of the port photos are from my camera. I have a Canon 7D DSLR...I'm a photographer. I did however take my camera to all the meet and greets just in case I didn't fall in love with the ship's photographer photos but I did and bought the CD of all the photos taken on the Ship. I am glad I took my own camera for excursions and port adventures. This too was our first cruise and I can't wait to go again!!!

13. Melitious

Melitious Earning My Ears

So glad you posted these. We are taking a Dream Halloween cruise this year. We were trying to figure out if you were able to dress up two nights (just in case the kids didn't want to be pirates for Halloween) and were glad to see you did!

14. missusa82

missusa82 Mouseketeer

Excited to get out March 2013 Fantasy Cruise Trip Report started soon!

15. missusa82

missusa82 Mouseketeer

Looks like somehow more and 1/2 of my trip report was deleted! Maybe to make room for newer ones?

16. lolita18

lolita18 Earning My Ears

Loved your review! Thank you for sharing :)

17. marquislaura

marquislaura Mouseketeer

How much was the CD? I was wondering.. . . we are going with a group. . . can we all give one room number so they all end up on one cd- do you know? It would be a total of 4 rooms.

Laura

18. jenseib

jenseib Mommy to Claire

I can answer that. no. We had a group of 6 rooms and my sister and I wanted 1 CD with both our rooms, but not doable for the same price. I think they told us for $150 more, we could add my room. BUT since we had a lot of pictures taken together, a lot of my pictures ended up on her room account since they use facial recognition, so we just got her CD and she copied it for me.

19. marquislaura

marquislaura Mouseketeer

Jenseib-Thanks!!!!

marquislaura