• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Partner Swap- Holiday Theme! Challenge#7 Post #2

Jennifer, do you still do trip countdowns? do you have something that you use? or do you make a new one?

We didn't do one last trip because it was a surprise. I expect we'll do one this year. We usually just use a calendar (DH usually has access to a big one).

What kinds of winter activities do you all do?

Hmmmm sounds good ;)

We go get a tree, much to DBF annoyance every year. :lmao: Play in the snow if there is any. Decorate the house, do cookies, gingerbread houses. We have Scrooge and Nutcracker this year. Hoping to do a trip to this cook resort in Idaho, it has skiing/snowboarding and an indoor waterpark. Best of both worlds.:thumbsup2 ohhh and of course whatever there is to do at Disney :goodvibes

I was thinking of doing a Disney themed advent or 12 days of Christmas type thing this year for the kids. I thought it would be fun to tie into our trip.

LaWanna, do you have any christmas/winter/holiday traditions? Any particular titles? Planning any trip for this year or last year that you have needs for?

Hmmmm sounds good ;)

We go get a tree, much to DBF annoyance every year. :lmao: Play in the snow if there is any. Decorate the house, do cookies, gingerbread houses. We have Scrooge and Nutcracker this year. Hoping to do a trip to this cook resort in Idaho, it has skiing/snowboarding and an indoor waterpark. Best of both worlds.:thumbsup2 ohhh and of course whatever there is to do at Disney :goodvibes

I was thinking of doing a Disney themed advent or 12 days of Christmas type thing this year for the kids. I thought it would be fun to tie into our trip.

We have a fake tree, but we do put it up every year ;)

Arizona Rita said:
Hi Belle
Is there any particular area that you need titles for?
I was thinking of maybe 3 general and 3 specific?
When are you going to DL?
Have a good day.

We just got back from Disneyland for our Trick or Treat party. We had lots of fun! We will be heading to Disneyland again in December to meet up with our friends from Canada. I could use titles for: the Christmas parade at Disneyland, it's a small world holiday, haunted mansion holiday, Disneyland Christmas trees, opening Christmas presents, playing in the snow, decorating the Christmas tree. Hopefully that helps you out with some ideas.

Do you wear a costume for the Halloween party at Disneyland? Are there any Christmas/winter titles you would like to see?

Hi, just checking in for Belle and I. I have fall/Halloween titles done, fall/Halloween paper piecings done, 2 banners cut, 2 designed, paper pulled for mats and have started with designing the Halloween kit. Belle has designed her banners, has paper pulled for mats, has titles designed (all but 1), and paper piecings designed and some cut. We also have started working on designing the altered item.

Danielle,

Is there anything you would like to see for winter/Christmas titles? I could always use titles for Christmas at Disney, including the parade, lights, trees, characters, or for opening presents on Christmas day, decorating the tree, or playing in the snow

JJ&JHsmom said:
LaWanna, do you have any christmas/winter/holiday traditions? Any particular titles? Planning any trip for this year or last year that you have needs for?

We have a trip planned to go to Disneyland around Christmas time. My Grandbaby's name is Elysa, I don't get to see here at Christmas but I will have pictures of her if you want to do something with that. We also just got back from the trick or treat party at Disney.
Is there any titles that you need, trips you might be taking or any traditions?

We just got back from Disneyland for our Trick or Treat party. We had lots of fun! We will be heading to Disneyland again in December to meet up with our friends from Canada. I could use titles for: the Christmas parade at Disneyland, it's a small world holiday, haunted mansion holiday, Disneyland Christmas trees, opening Christmas presents, playing in the snow, decorating the Christmas tree. Hopefully that helps you out with some ideas.

Do you wear a costume for the Halloween party at Disneyland? Are there any Christmas/winter titles you would like to see?

Hi
I hope you had a fun time at the TnT Party! We go in 1 week and I can hardly wait.
Yes, we dress up. I havnt decided if I will be Arizona Rita (Indy Jones inspired) or a pirate, not wench. DD will be Pinocchio and DS hasnt decided either as of yet. Nothing like the last minute to decide!

Lisa,

when you get a chance could you share more of your Christmas traditions and evens so I can think of ideas for your titles and such.

Rebecca

Danielle,

Is there anything you would like to see for winter/Christmas titles? I could always use titles for Christmas at Disney, including the parade, lights, trees, characters, or for opening presents on Christmas day, decorating the tree, or playing in the snow

Kristi, Hope you had a great time while cruising! Thanks for all the ideas. I'm really very flexible when it comes to christmas holidays. I still have one who is young, so anything really goes. We still build snowmen, go sled riding, have snowball fights, have a big christmas morning at our house with breakfast for grandparent and aunts and uncles, he still believes in santa etc. I could also use anything disney related since we usually go at thankgiving time. Totally up to you.....you can't go wrong!

My update: I have everything done but 2 banners from the swaps posted previously. The banners are stumping me. I don't know why I can't get them right. I'm still thinging through my altered item. Hope to have that started next week. I'm so happy with the pieces I have made and I hope you are too!

We have a trip planned to go to Disneyland around Christmas time. My Grandbaby's name is Elysa, I don't get to see here at Christmas but I will have pictures of her if you want to do something with that. We also just got back from the trick or treat party at Disney.
Is there any titles that you need, trips you might be taking or any traditions?

Thanks, that helps!

As for us, no trips planned. Title ideas could include Christmas morning, making cookies, trimming the tree, family memories. We spend time with both sides of the family on Christmas day so I end up with lots of family shots. Hope this helps!

Kristi, Hope you had a great time while cruising! Thanks for all the ideas. I'm really very flexible when it comes to christmas holidays. I still have one who is young, so anything really goes. We still build snowmen, go sled riding, have snowball fights, have a big christmas morning at our house with breakfast for grandparent and aunts and uncles, he still believes in santa etc. I could also use anything disney related since we usually go at thankgiving time. Totally up to you.....you can't go wrong!

I had a fantastic time on the crusie! Lots of relaxation and wonderful memories! :goodvibes Now back to work on this swap! :thumbsup2

Ya ladies!

I'm thinking bout my challenges. Need to finish a few now that my computer is back. Dbf is actually working on it at the moment. Printer wasn't installed.

Still stuck on my altered item. But I think I have a plan.....

JohnsonsLoveDisney said:
Ya ladies!

I'm thinking bout my challenges. Need to finish a few now that my computer is back. Dbf is actually working on it at the moment. Printer wasn't installed.

Still stuck on my altered item. But I think I have a plan.....

Honestly, I'll love anything you make!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Lisa,

when you get a chance could you share more of your Christmas traditions and evens so I can think of ideas for your titles and such.

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,
we do tree trimming, making cookies, have my family on Christmas eve for dinner & gifts, Megan still open's stocking & small gift from "Santa" in morning
go to BIL on Christmas for dinner...Megan will be dancing in a local holiday parade and at a "WinterFest"
hope that helps!

what all do you celebrate?

mommy2mrb said:
what all do you celebrate?

We trim the tree, have a caroling hayride, have a candlelight service, use an advent wreath, open gift on both Christmas eve and day, have 2 church parties, go to the Wee Care Christmas program (our church prek), open stockings (a special family tradition).
Rebecca

We trim the tree, have a caroling hayride, have a candlelight service, use an advent wreath, open gift on both Christmas eve and day, have 2 church parties, go to the Wee Care Christmas program (our church prek), open stockings (a special family tradition).
Rebecca

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter