PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just discovered this thread and have been reading.

Welcome to our group!!!
My vote would be defiantly CSR- We have stayed there three times and one time during the holidays and absolutely love it there- they have a huge tree in the lobby all the way to the ceiling. The pool with the slide and hot tub are the best. That time of the year the pools are usually not that busy- only families’ from the northern climate swim while you see the locals walking by in sweaters.

Thank you for weighing in on my debate. Glad you had good experiences there!

Did I say that is the best time to go there- everyone is actually happier than normal ( if that could be) and all you hear is “Merry Christmas” and not some politically correct “Happy Holidays”.

Then all of the decorations, you could not even count the number of Christmas trees.

I completely agree. Disney at Christmastime is the best.

I do have one question. What restaurant would you go to for Christmas dinner?

Depends. Do you want to be at a park early and not leave in case it closes or are you avoiding a park that day? If you havent made ADRs yet, you might want to check and see what it still available, especially with your large group. I would probably go non-traditional and choose one of the Epcot restaurants. LTT in MK would be good.

I am a little bit P.O. right now. Find out that I am too "high risk" for the surgery center, so I have to have the surgery done at the hospital. So, now I am waiting to find out when it is rescheduled for. This is really putting a wrench in the whole thing. If they can't get me in the next couple of weeks, I might as well just postpone the whole thing until after Disney.

Hope you feel better soon. It would be a bummer if you had to postpone Disney.

I'm dealing with two pinched nerves in my left foot right now. It started out in the beginning of the year with just one and I was being treated for that. I wasn't getting any better after my fifth shot so my podiatrist sent me for an MRI. Found out I had two pinched nerves.

My doctor gave me a cortisone shot almost 4 weeks ago. Last time I had this, my foot was bruised for a day and a half, but I was fine after that. This time, no such luck. Somehow I got an infection and my foot swelled. Went back to the doctor and was put on both an antibiotic and an anti-inflamatory. The antibiotic is done and I'm still on the anti-inflamatory, which has been keeping the swelling down. But I still can't walk fully on my foot and still have pain. I can't sit in a chair or stand on it too long without it starting to hurt a lot. I seem to feel better when I'm laying down or propped up on my bed or the couch. Our trip is in two months and I'm hoping that this infection heals before our trip.

levenhopper said:
I vote for staying where you are. You can use that $300 for something really special while in Disney if you want, or save it towards the next trip :thumbsup2

I agree Valgoof, that's the perfect amount as a down payment on your next trip!

MarineVet said:
Hello. We are coming (me, DH, DD) back for our second December trip and hope it becomes an annual tradition. I'm most looking forward to the decorations and visiting other resorts this time to see theirs. I hear the GF is very nice so we will go to dinner there one evening.

Staying at Coronado Springs starting Dec 9-16.

Welcome! I can't wait to see the world decorated for Christmas

I just upgraded to Preferred in Las Casitas! I couldn't make up my mind between Casitas or Cabana. Casitas are so cute and serene looking, but Cabanas are near the main pool and dig site. It'll probably be too cold to swim in December anyways.

Valgoof said:
Now that is the response I was looking for!!!! :lmao:

Exactly. We could have done our Plan A, but now Plan B is so much cheaper. I feel like I should spend more money. :thumbsup2 With your situation, you might get more excited about Plan B and then end up back on Plan A. :confused3

Yeah, that's why I stopped thinking about B. I booked the room and the tour "just in case" but then I put it aside. I don't want to find myself disappointed if my in-laws go. I really am excited about taking them.

I realized today though that if they do cancel, it would be a huge weight off my shoulders. Not just the up-in-the-air part but that self-imposed pressure to make this trip really magical for them. It's not that they're hard to please and we've traveled together before (including a big trip to Hawaii) successfully, but at the end of the day I'm still guessing about some parts of the plan. I keep promising that they'll love it and I'm so worried that they won't. I really don't want them to cancel but the stress is definitely getting to me.

Now that is the response I was looking for!!!! :lmao:

Exactly. We could have done our Plan A, but now Plan B is so much cheaper. I feel like I should spend more money. :thumbsup2 With your situation, you might get more excited about Plan B and then end up back on Plan A. :confused3

Do it! ::yes::::yes::::yes::

I am all for it. Especially since in reality it is only $300 (ok so 300 can be considered a lot, but in the grand scheme......)

My friend backed out of some things with me and I am reallocating that money to more FUN time. Sometimes I am not the best in these advice situations so I kept quiet... But not I can say Do it! CSR!! pixiedust:

All this CSR talk I need to add this to my price list for next years trip. The boys would probably love the pool. Ahhh, I hope we can pull off a trip next year and be able to stay at CSR or POFQ ( we usually stay at POR if we go moderate

I just upgraded to Preferred in Las Casitas! I couldn't make up my mind between Casitas or Cabana. Casitas are so cute and serene looking, but Cabanas are near the main pool and dig site. It'll probably be too cold to swim in December anyways.

I think the Casitas are beautiful!! Love the fountains. That would be the section I would want if I were staying there. :)

Do it! ::yes::::yes::::yes::

I am all for it. Especially since in reality it is only $300 (ok so 300 can be considered a lot, but in the grand scheme......)

My friend backed out of some things with me and I am reallocating that money to more FUN time. Sometimes I am not the best in these advice situations so I kept quiet... But not I can say Do it! CSR!! pixiedust:

Thanks for your vote!!!! $300 is nothing when compared to the whole Disney trip. LOL. Don't stay quiet!!! I love to hear everyone's opinion. I just really like the ones that agree with mine. :lmao:

Yeah, that's why I stopped thinking about B. I booked the room and the tour "just in case" but then I put it aside. I don't want to find myself disappointed if my in-laws go. I really am excited about taking them.

I realized today though that if they do cancel, it would be a huge weight off my shoulders. Not just the up-in-the-air part but that self-imposed pressure to make this trip really magical for them. It's not that they're hard to please and we've traveled together before (including a big trip to Hawaii) successfully, but at the end of the day I'm still guessing about some parts of the plan. I keep promising that they'll love it and I'm so worried that they won't. I really don't want them to cancel but the stress is definitely getting to me.

The stress level would definitely go down!! It's hard to hope someone will enjoy it as much as you do and want to do the things you think they will want to do. So much easier just being yourself and doing what you want.

Thanks for your vote!!!! $300 is nothing when compared to the whole Disney trip. LOL. Don't stay quiet!!! I love to hear everyone's opinion. I just really like the ones that agree with mine. :lmao:

$300 = a diabetic coma at Karamelle Kuche' or Ghiradelli's

I think the Casitas are beautiful!! Love the fountains. That would be the section I would want if I were staying there. :)

Me too!! Its like I already know what I want to do, I just need enough people to think its a great idea with me!!!:dance3:

Valgoof

DO IT!

Seriously. It's a no brainer. In fact, I might just go update the Roll Call NOW... ;)

:rotfl2:

I would suggest Cabanas-last time we stayed in rooms “I think” 8125,26- it was a real short walk to the bus stop and dig site pool plus you had hammocks outside your door on the edge of the water. It was also a short walk to El Centro

We are not commandos anymore - been there and have had miserable children never mind the wife. We are calling this “smell the roses, drink the drinks and search out the best dessert tour”. We plan on park hopping- if it gets to busy- we will just retreat back to Ploy to relax- remember it is vacation.

I have Boma booked for Christmas as of now but always looking for other suggestions.
Our second choice is Germany due to the fact hat my boys absolutely love it- but are trying to wait until after the rest of our group gets there for that.

We will be at Hollywood Studios the 25th then I figure to go over to AKL and relax by the camp fire and have dinner. Bus to MK- check how crazy it is- then ferry over to the Ploy. -More desert, drink and Welcome the rest of our group, then watch wishes from the beach. Two years ago we went to Hollywood Brown Derby and it was the worst experience ever!

So far we have the:

• Crystal palace- 22nd for dinner
  • Boma -25th for the big dinner
  • Lau- 26th
  • Hoopdidoo -27
  • Still trying for a reasonable time for Ohana any other night- have not given up yet.
  • Need to book Germany and Mexican outside on the water( what ever they call that reasturant)

Hi everyone.... New to this thread NOT new to the boards.
My DD17 and I will be there 12/14/2012-12/22/2012.. 14,15 at CBR and 16th-22nd at BWV.
We are meeting 8 others from TX and LA...
Hope it is OK that I am joining in so late in the game:goodvibes

I know they have the hammocks and dig site, pool but we will most likely not have time to spend time on them. We usually hit the parks hard then come back and rest with little to no wiggle room in between. According to allears.com Casita's 3 is the same distance to the centro as cabana 9b, .16 of a mile. I'm really looking forward to the romantic, serene feel of the Casitas.

MarineVet said:
I did so much planning a year ago for a December trip and had made numerous calls to various WDW numbers, and when I woke up suddenly one morning and looked at the clock to see the time displayed as 4:07, I instantly thought "that's the area code at Disney World"!

That is so funny!

Thumper_Man said:
I feel out of place now not having a Plan B. :lmao:

Ha! Me too! :lmao: Guys, I haven't made 1 ADR swap since my 180 day out mark :P I don't know how ya'll can keep up with changes!

Re: Disney dreams. I've been having repeat dreams that we show up late morning, missing rope drop, and that as leader, I get easily distracted by 'lesser' rides (country bears for example) and run out of time for the attractions that I really want us to go on. Lol

I imagine the dreams will only get more frequent the closer we get. Yuck! I wake up in such a panic lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter