PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sunnysideup3 said:
It's really interesting to hear about all these different school districts approach to absences. In DS's folder on the first day of school (he's in Junior Kindergarten) I wrote out the days we'd be gone for Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur and our "Family Vacation". I didn't even put where we were going so his teacher didn't ruin the surprise by saying something about going to Disney.

I really hope ours isn't as strict as others, because we typically have 4-5 days a year he'd need to take off because of Jewish holidays... Ugh.

In the U.S. those Jewish holidays (or any religious holidays really) can't be unexcused absences. I can't imagine any school even trying.

Indiana. Here is directly copied from my "School Conduct Handbook":

One unexcused absence: Contact parent/guardian by a telephone call, letter or parent conference.
4. Three unexcused absences: Contact parent by mailing the Official School Notice Concerning Attendance
stating upon the seventh unexcused absence a Delinquency Affidavit will be filed. The school
will attempt to contact the parent by telephone.
5. Seven unexcused absences: Contact parent by mailing the Habitual Truant letter. The school will file a
Delinquency Affidavit with the Status Offender Court Alternative Program (SOCAP). Notification is also
sent to the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.

Wow that's strict. DS just started 5th grade in a private school and we already let his teacher know that he will be missing a total of 7 school days for our Disney vacation. We were part of a vacation bowling league and there is only a certain window where we can take our vacation. She's also a bowler so she understands. She's not happy about DS missing that many days, but she also understands about the window of time.

Can you please change my arrival date to Dec 22nd! Still @ ASMo! An extra day in WDW SO EXCITED FOR OUR FIRST EVER TRIP TO "the world"!

So does anyone know the answer to this.... I am staying at AKL the first night and moving to OKW the second on DVC reservations. They are not linked, however being an early riser I figured I could go out early and check in, get our UT paper tickets transferred to my KTTW card- while my family hangs out in the other room. Does anyone think this would be an issue?

Definitely not an issue. In DVC, you could only link a reservation if it was at the same resort, same room type anyways.
We're doing much the same thing, staying in two studios the first night we come in on a late flight at OKW, then the following morning checking into our 2 bdr at BLT. I'm going to put our Undercover Tourist tickets on the BLT keys since we have a week there, then keep those keys as my tickets for the following week when we're staying at BWV.

taaren said:
Definitely not an issue. In DVC, you could only link a reservation if it was at the same resort, same room type anyways.
We're doing much the same thing, staying in two studios the first night we come in on a late flight at OKW, then the following morning checking into our 2 bdr at BLT. I'm going to put our Undercover Tourist tickets on the BLT keys since we have a week there, then keep those keys as my tickets for the following week when we're staying at BWV.

Thanks :) I had a minor concern when I read somewhere that you need to be checked out prior to checking in (different circumstances) I also vaguely remember telling the CM not to link our reservations (he asked based on DDP- which isn't worth it for me) Makes me glad to have the Dis - you guys put me at ease!

Sandie08 said:
Can you please change my arrival date to Dec 22nd! Still @ ASMo! An extra day in WDW SO EXCITED FOR OUR FIRST EVER TRIP TO "the world"!

How exciting! I I have a two week stay on my bucket list! Hopefully one day.

bellaally said:
How exciting! I I have a two week stay on my bucket list! Hopefully one day.

We going from Dec 22 thru Dec 29 me my DH and dd11 and dd5 it's all of our 1st time!

IllinoisMommy said:
Wow- first trip ever to WDW, Christmas AND and extra day?! You must be so excited :cool1:
I am so excited! I have been eating sleeping and breathing Disney! It's all I think about! Lol

:offtopic:

Just wanted to check in and say hi! I'm still lurking, I promise.

Hope everyone has a good week :wave2:

Hey you :) Good but busy week. Totally failed on painting my dining room floor though :rotfl: I'll do it next weekend, I promise. I also promise not to pull up anymore carpets :teeth:

Meant to ask you - did you change your resort in the end?

Meant to ask you - did you change your resort in the end?

Nope, staying put at AoA :).

Only debating one more change...I'm worried if we'll have enough time in Epcot, so I'm thinking of rearranging park days.

I'm thinking of moving our Seas Aqua tour from Wednesday to Tuesday, and doing Epcot that morning, too (as of now we hop from MK to Epcot for the tour, and head back to MK after the tour). We'd keep the O'Hana reservation for Tuesday dinner, and then head to MK for MVMCP that evening. It'd also give us all day Wednesday in MK. I know it makes for a long day on Tuesday, but I'm thinking the aqua tour will be somewhat of a relaxing break built into the day. And the only ADR we'd lose would be Crystal Palace breakfast (currently scheduled for Tuesday AM).

It'd make Wednesday flow much better, and give us a few extra hours in Epcot (as of now we only have one day there, plus a few hours on arrival day).

We are arriving on December 1st when the Christmas Parade is being taped in MK. Will this effect the other parades? The calendar still lists the afternoon and evening parades, but I just want to make sure. Will this effect getting around in MK?

Hey you :) Good but busy week. Totally failed on painting my dining room floor though :rotfl: I'll do it next weekend, I promise. I also promise not to pull up anymore carpets :teeth:
Wow you must be my DH's long lost sibling. He always starts projects on the weekends with good intentions, then leaves that room a half-done mess. :rotfl:

We are arriving on December 1st when the Christmas Parade is being taped in MK. Will this effect the other parades? The calendar still lists the afternoon and evening parades, but I just want to make sure. Will this effect getting around in MK?
Supposedly the reports I've seen from past years say that the hub is crowded but once you get to the various lands and attractions you should be fine crowd-wise. That's our arrival day, too and I currently have an AK day planned since we wanted to kick off our trip with a Tusker House breakfast but then we ended up changing to a Garden Grill dinner that day instead so maybe I should change it back to MK? Hmm ...

Okay experts, question.

I think I remember seeing it one way or the other on here, but if its a MVMCP night, is it more or less crowded at MK in the am? We won't be attending MVMCP, had MK planned for the morning of 12/2 then heading over to DHS in the evening to see the Osborne Lights and use the evening EMH there. But if MK is going to be more crowded on that day maybe I should switch that with my AK day, Dec 1 (which is also the Xmas taping)?

Ugh! I totally can't sleep and am gonna pay for this deary tomorrow. It is 3:41AM here. :/

I am in no way an expert, but I have read that the MVMCP days are light days in MK because since they don't have the reg. parade and fireworks and close early, more people are apt to skip it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter