• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 50 years in February. It doesn't seem possible. Of course, I really don't remember the ceremony since I was a child bride - age 2 or 3, I think. :rotfl2:

Thanks for all the congrats. DH wants to know what we will be doing to celebrate - since we are going to Disney in Dec., do you think its too soon to return in Feb ? ;) Maybe a Disney cruise again? I can't plan two things at once - the anniversary trip will have to wait til we return. That will ease the end of trip depression.

So after discussing this with DH last night.... We decided CSR looked too much like the condo we stayed in last year--very nice, but not Disney at all. We could stay somewhere like that on a different vacation.
WL was still my first choice, but if I want DH to ever agree to go to Disney again, this vacation cannot be a budget buster. AKL was a little cheaper, but still too much and DH had little interest in that one.

So POP Century it is!!!!! I am excited to have the food court and to take pictures of all the giant icons. I want to walk across the bridge to see AoA (and Jordan and Abby). We saved $500, so now my souvenir budget has a little more wiggle room. And the people on that POP thread are just so excited about going back to POP.

Thank you to everyone for weighing in on my debate and putting up with my indecisiveness. LOL

You totally got me!?! I thought for sure you'd just stay put at CSR. Good choice though. Extra money into the fund is always nice! I love the location of POP in proximity to AoA which will be a must visit for their gift shop... :thumbsup2

You all are so funny I have laughed so hard this morning that there were a couple of times I wished for a depends. The days are getting closer the weather is getting colder soon time to get out the christmas decorations.:cool1:

WOW just noticed we are at 49 days ugg I better start some series planning.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

My coffee went up my nose and everything!

You totally got me!?! I thought for sure you'd just stay put at CSR. Good choice though. Extra money into the fund is always nice! I love the location of POP in proximity to AoA which will be a must visit for their gift shop... :thumbsup2

Oooo I forgot about their gift shop. The paint brush pens are so cute!!

That's awesome that you were able to keep the FD! I didn't realize that this was your first stay on site. Pop was my first stay on-site as well. I loved seeing all of the nostalgia in the lobby and seeing things that I owned. They even have a pair of the old fashion rollerskates with the wooden wheels. My mom still owns her set.

Yep!! The CM said Guest Services would have to check for availability since the code was expired. I said, I'll wait. ;)

Oooo I forgot about their gift shop. The paint brush pens are so cute!!

I'm really looking forward to all the stuff they'll have! My baby, 14yrs old, is a Little Mermaid fan and I've read that AoA's shop is the place to find some great Ariel merchandise!

Ok Valgoof--- updated ROLL CALL with you staying at the Sands. I know how you can earn even MORE souvenir money. ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao:

LOL. But then I wouldn't get to actually WEAR all those cute shirts I bought!!! :rotfl:

ETA: I just checked the roll call wondering if you had put any editorial comments. :lmao:

Valgoof said:
Good morning!!!! Happy Friday!!!

Let's play a game. Who can guess which resort Valerie is booked at now?? I will narrow it down for you. It is one of the ones we have discussed this week---POP, CSR, WL or AKL. DH and I are in agreement with our choice and are both happy. So did we decide to stay at CSR? Switch back to POP? Upgrade to WL for location? Upgrade to AKL for the animals? I really should have done a PTR. :lmao:

Um....I vote WL! It's my fav resort.....I've only stayed onsite twice, once at CSR during the summer and once at WL second week of December......it's unbelievable. This December makeshift third on-site stay.....at POR. I'm dying to see how this story ends!

Well this whole week has been spent thinking about Disney, so I figure I can give them an hour of my time.

Are you there when I am??? I should really pay more attention to that stuff.

Hah! Even an hour's too much on a Friday!!!

(Don't listen to me, I'm just giddy from it being a noon dismissal today and no school on Monday - 3 1/2 day weekend :cheer2: )

Yep. We'll be there the 19th - 23rd, so at the end of your trip. I seriously can't WAIT until next Friday when I'll be able to say I'll be at WDW in 2 months!!!

Um....I vote WL! It's my fav resort.....I've only stayed onsite twice, once at CSR during the summer and once at WL second week of December......it's unbelievable. This December makeshift third on-site stay.....at POR. I'm dying to see how this story ends!

Where have you been all morning Kathy?!! :lmao:

I thought AoA is supposed to be a "value" resort? When I looked at the pricing for 2013, the cost was in the price range of a moderate.

Huh........for my dates it was only $75 more that POP for a Little Mermaid room.......weird. I don't think I'll EVER understand hotel pricing!

Looking at these Fantasyland pictures if getting me FAR too anxious. I want to go now.

On a side note, I'm under the 50 day mark.

!!!

Very exciting!!! How is the bride-to-be doing??

Good good.

A little stress here and there, but we're making it work. She's MUCH more laid back and relaxed than I am, that's just our personalities. I'm the one waking up at 6:45 on the 180 day marks making ADRs and whatnot. Haha

Ok, December peeps, I am experiencing some trip planning angst this morning. I had compared the crowd calendars from touring plans and Easy WDW - and they were very similar - to determine which park to visit which day. Then, today, I looked at Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar and it is drastically different from the other two calendars and pretty much contradicts my park picks. :confused3 Do any of you use the crowd calendars and which one do you find to be most accurate? I should add that last year we used touring plan and it seemed pretty accurate.

Ok, December peeps, I am experiencing some trip planning angst this morning. I had compared the crowd calendars from touring plans and Easy WDW - and they were very similar - to determine which park to visit which day. Then, today, I looked at Undercover Tourist's crowd calendar and it is drastically different from the other two calendars and pretty much contradicts my park picks. :confused3 Do any of you use the crowd calendars and which one do you find to be most accurate? I should add that last year we used touring plan and it seemed pretty accurate.

Does UT give any explanations for their numbers? I like easywdw because he tells you why he rated the parks that way. And then you can make your own choice, like an EMH park is always going to be not recommended, but if you want to do EMH, then you go into it knowing it will be more crowded than the other parks. I would say if TP and Easywdw agree, I would trust that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter