PART TWO *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sea World
Medieval Times
Miniature Golf

Don't know if Busch Gardens is open still or not during the time you are there. But that may also be an option.

I suggest two things:

http://orlandokartcenter.com/

http://www.gatorland.com/

I have been to both, they a lot fun and only use a half of day each.

Thanks! I will look into these!

I had wanted to do Gaylord Ice but there's absolutely NO time for me. I think it looks like it may be worth a visit. Tell me....how does it feel to have a free day in Florida? lol! Of course, if it were me and I had a whole free day I would be tempted to drive to Tampa for a little beach time!

Well this is the 6th or 7th trip for DH and I and this time we are renting a car. I have one day where we only have a morning ADR (at Chef Mickeys!) and nothing else planned. Yes, we could hit a park, but I want to hit the road one day.

Mt. Dora is a nice little town to visit about 45 mins from WDW. Here's a little review I did in my PTR.

Thanks! I will read about it.

Any suggestions on what to do/where to go on a free day in Florida? We will have a car so I don't mind driving no more than 2 hours away from DW. Appreciate any suggestions!

If you are looking for some beautiful beaches you can head down to Sarasota....the Ringling museum is great, mote marine aquarium and they also have some of the most beautiful beaches!....or my kids favorite is cocoa beach.....we are taking a day to run down to Miami(@3 hrs)....they have an ich for south beach.....

M&MGirl1 said:
But if you just wear the Disney shirts you already have how will you be able to tell the photos from this trip apart from all the others? See, you really DO need those World Showcase shirts!

I like the way you think!

But if you just wear the Disney shirts you already have how will you be able to tell the photos from this trip apart from all the others? See, you really DO need those World Showcase shirts!

OMG you are sooooo right. If I've ever heard actual justification to frivolously spend money, thats it :thumbsup2

I hadn't even thought of that. There is no way I can wear previously-worn Disney t-shirts ... in years to come when I will already be confused over nothing in particular I won't know which vacay was which :eek:

Thanks. I'm going to my husband with this thought process right now :teeth:

Adding myself to the December roll call! DH and I are arriving 12/1 and staying in a Little Mermaid room at the Art of Animation until 12/6 when we depart for two days at Universal before heading home. This is my first December trip and I'm super excited!

We are also checking into AOA LM on 12/1 but staying until 12/10. You will LOVE it during the holidays. This will be our 3rd trip during December and I don't know if we'll ever go at any other time. See you there!!

On a bright note, I paid off the last of our pre-paid items today. Ordered US/IOA tickets from Undercover Tourist, DisQuest tix from Orlando Fun Tickets and also ordered our PhotoPass Plus. From here on out, it's saving for spending $$$. SOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for this vacation! :yay:

jimjenkids said:
If you are looking for some beautiful beaches you can head down to Sarasota....the Ringling museum is great, mote marine aquarium and they also have some of the most beautiful beaches!....or my kids favorite is cocoa beach.....we are taking a day to run down to Miami(@3 hrs)....they have an ich for south beach.....

Oh boy, now I'm looking into adding an extra day to go out to the beaches!

cybrkitn said:
We take the train into the City every December and make a whole day of it. We're not doing that this year due to our Disney vacation. I'm gonna miss not going this year, but we'll have more fun in WDW. We'll do the City again next year.

Yep, that's how I feel. I want to do a trip in the spring when we can walk around and not freeze, lol

PrincessMe said:
Adding myself to the December roll call! DH and I are arriving 12/1 and staying in a Little Mermaid room at the Art of Animation until 12/6 when we depart for two days at Universal before heading home. This is my first December trip and I'm super excited!

Welcome, we'll be across the bridge at POP from the 3rd till the 8th.

cybrkitn said:
I'm surprised at the cost (thought it would be more). What's the method of shipping that you do?

UPS. So it will vary by weight and distance. But it can be worth it if you keep it light.

On the last trip we did the opposite - paid the extra bag fee to ship two cases of sake we bought in Japan. You can't ship alcohol and it would've cost a fortune anyway. But most airlines will take it. We bought two boxes with styrofoam inserts and had them shipped to FL. Then packed them and brought them home. The sake selection is much better than what we can get here.

For some reason your PTR link connects me to a Craigslist article titled
Indie Rock band needs Vocal Harmonies (Fort Lauderdale) :confused3

Ooops!! I fixed it, but here it is: Mt. Dora

Re: beaches, it will be a little cold come December for beach swimming. (At least for this local) Heck, I'm hoping our family can swim in SAB.

UPS. So it will vary by weight and distance. But it can be worth it if you keep it light.

On the last trip we did the opposite - paid the extra bag fee to ship two cases of sake we bought in Japan. You can't ship alcohol and it would've cost a fortune anyway. But most airlines will take it. We bought two boxes with styrofoam inserts and had them shipped to FL. Then packed them and brought them home. The sake selection is much better than what we can get here.

The sparkling sake in Japan is a must do for us every trip! YUM!! ::yes::

A few questions for those of you who have been to WDW in Dec..

So I know its too early to predict the weather but NORMALLY is it warm enough to swim at WDW in Dec? This will be my first trip to WDW in Dec we always go in spring, summer or fall..

another thing.. We will be there the week BEFORE christmas, how bad its the crowds typically? I know my DD school doesnt actually get out until that Fri... I just wondered b/c of the new fantasyland opening..

What is the typical day/night temps in WDW in Dec? trying to decide how to dress and pack..

Good morning everyone!!! Another day waiting for the Dessert Party to open. We are renting a car, so now I am thinking about some of these offsite adventures people are talking about. I think DH would love GatorLand. I would love to drive to either coast and stick my toes in the sand. Decisions, decisions. Good thing work is slow this week.

Good morning! I can't wait tiger to work to spend some time on the DIS. I think I'm going to update my snack list and other random plans on my PTR today.

Good Morning all! It's a rainy foggy morning here in Southeastern PA. We got over 2 inches of rain yesterday and more this morning. A friend of mine said on Facebook "imagine if this was all snow", yikes! All though I personally am ready for colder temps. We need to kill off these germs!

Valgoof said:
Good morning everyone!!! Another day waiting for the Dessert Party to open. We are renting a car, so now I am thinking about some of these offsite adventures people are talking about. I think DH would love GatorLand. I would love to drive to either coast and stick my toes in the sand. Decisions, decisions. Good thing work is slow this week.

DS6 keeps saying he wants to go to Legoland the next trip he goes on ... I keep thinking I don't want to give up a Disney day, lol

DS6 keeps saying he wants to go to Legoland the next trip he goes on ... I keep thinking I don't want to give up a Disney day, lol

I agree!! We went to SeaWorld last year on our last day and all 3 of us wished we had gone to Disney. It's not that SeaWorld was bad, but it just wasn't Disney. Maybe an offsite trip in the middle of Disney would work, so you know you still have more time at Disney.
I pulled up my schedule after I posted and I dont know where I would put in an offsite day. There are 2 that might work, but of course I would have to give up something else. We will probably stay with Disney the whole time. I will mention it to DH, let him feel like he has some input. :goodvibes

Yep, that's how I feel. I want to do a trip in the spring when we can walk around and not freeze, lol

That and the fact that it won't be as crowded like it is during the holidays (packed in like sardines by the tree). The restaurants in Times Square during the holidays can have wait times 2 hours long.

Most of my family has moved away, and traveling there with how young my kids are just not happening yet... :) soon enough though! It's about a 6-7 hour drive and well- that's not fun.

Yikes! That's a long drive. We started taking DS10 when he was, I think, 5. But we're closer than you. For us, it's about a 1 hour 45 minute train ride in.

That might be a option. I was talking to DH about it this morning. The only issue I have is waiting for it to arrive. The ETA is usually 7-10 business days when shipping something via UPS ground. So we'll be back before it even gets here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter