Part of the Ship, Part of the Crew: A CBR Christmas Adventure for 2 plus 2-New 1-9!

Love Brown Derby! I had such a wonderful lunch there in May. Those pictures of your filet look so delish!

Great day Number 3. I love the Osbourne lights. They are so incredibly festive.

My fav HS ride - Well, I am going to predict that the new and improved Star Wars is going to become my fav ride. Otherwise its a toss up between ToT and RnR. Tot probably has the better theming. I love TSM, but its just not my fav.

You will do the drawing class. It's so fun. So Disney!

My favorite ride is Great Movie Ride as well, it reminds me of my childhood and it just makes me so happy to see all those movie clips at the end.

FYI at Brown Derby, I have asked before for things that are no longer on the menu, sometimes they can modify the dishes on the menu to be like ones you've had before. It hasn't worked everytime but if you really liked that steak last year I think it would be worth asking. They are super nice at Brown Derby. Oh and don't forget to order a side of $2.99 polenta and then when you get back you can describe in detail to me. :rotfl2:

It all sounds like lots of fun, :goodvibes

But did you know that your report is in the Disney Rewards Programs forum instead of in the pre trip report section?

Love Brown Derby! I had such a wonderful lunch there in May. Those pictures of your filet look so delish!

Great day Number 3. I love the Osbourne lights. They are so incredibly festive.

My fav HS ride - Well, I am going to predict that the new and improved Star Wars is going to become my fav ride. Otherwise its a toss up between ToT and RnR. Tot probably has the better theming. I love TSM, but its just not my fav.

You will do the drawing class. It's so fun. So Disney!
Oh gosh the filet is the best! I don't normally ever order steak, but I had a good feeling about it from LL's multiple reviews!! I love Osbourne lights too, it's just a wonderful experience every time.

I think the reason I like TSM more is because I beat Blake every time (since he beats me every time at Buzz Lightyear!) I always have something to look forward to :rotfl:

I'm old school as well, and it will always be MGM to me, too!

Love the Sci-Fi -- those movie clips are just hysterical!
We still have a drive in theatre around us (back in Baltimore) that I love and Sci-Fi just reminds me of going there in the summer months! :goodvibes

My favorite ride is Great Movie Ride as well, it reminds me of my childhood and it just makes me so happy to see all those movie clips at the end.

FYI at Brown Derby, I have asked before for things that are no longer on the menu, sometimes they can modify the dishes on the menu to be like ones you've had before. It hasn't worked everytime but if you really liked that steak last year I think it would be worth asking. They are super nice at Brown Derby. Oh and don't forget to order a side of $2.99 polenta and then when you get back you can describe in detail to me. :rotfl2:
I LOVE the movie clips at the end, it's only of those Disney moments that always makes me feel like I'm actually there and not dreaming!

Really?? Oh I hope I hope, they change the menu and if not, I can at least ask. That steak was PERFECT last year. Haha, I will order the polenta for you and take a picture of every bite ;)

It all sounds like lots of fun, :goodvibes

But did you know that your report is in the Disney Rewards Programs forum instead of in the pre trip report section?
You know I just noticed that...hmm..

Is this something I can change myself or do I need to ask the moderators?

I picked 50s PT for my trip in October, but when DBF and I go back, we're going to SciFi! I just want to try it - it looks so NEAT!!!

As for my own favorite HS ride? Probably ToT, followed by TSMM. Two very different rides, but both a lot of fun in their own right!

And then, can I pick the Muppet 3D show as a ride? :3dglasses

Hi Jess! We prefer Sci-Fi over 50's Prime Time too. It's kind fun to do the drive in. :)
Hummm, favorite DHS ride... for sure ToT, also RNR.
We like the Great Movie Ride too....we met a great CM there who played one of the gangsters and when she realized that we hadn't seen that storyline she took us through a back VIP entrance and got us right onto a gangster ride! We saw her later that night in costume and she remember us and introduced us to her "son" who was also in costume, they were awesome, staying in character the whole time! Great memory!! :thumbsup2

I picked 50s PT for my trip in October, but when DBF and I go back, we're going to SciFi! I just want to try it - it looks so NEAT!!!

As for my own favorite HS ride? Probably ToT, followed by TSMM. Two very different rides, but both a lot of fun in their own right!

And then, can I pick the Muppet 3D show as a ride? :3dglasses
We really really enjoyed the food at 50's Prime Time! I got the potroast and Blake got the chicken and a chocolate milkshake. The food is definitely fantastic, so you will definitely enjoy it! If you want, I think you can "ask" for a waiter/waitress if you particularly want one that stays in character. Ours was definitely not in character for most of the meal. Would have probably made it more fun!

Hi Jess! We prefer Sci-Fi over 50's Prime Time too. It's kind fun to do the drive in. :)
Hummm, favorite DHS ride... for sure ToT, also RNR.
We like the Great Movie Ride too....we met a great CM there who played one of the gangsters and when she realized that we hadn't seen that storyline she took us through a back VIP entrance and got us right onto a gangster ride! We saw her later that night in costume and she remember us and introduced us to her "son" who was also in costume, they were awesome, staying in character the whole time! Great memory!! :thumbsup2
It amazes me every time I hear a story about CM's. As many people that visit WDW and they can still remember specific families, sometimes every year that they visit! That is SO cool that you got a VIP tour on TGMR! The closest thing we got to do was being chosen for the 1st part of the Backlot Tour, so I was the one that got all the water dumped on my head and my mom was on the ship pretending she was getting shot at by airplanes :rotfl2:

Wednesday, December 14th-Day 4 Plans

We are down to 34 days people!!

And with such few days left, guess what came in the mail yesterday!

316606_750187082338_42707539_36155711_995887705_n.jpg

YAYAYAYYY!!! :banana::cool1::wizard::woohoo::yay::santa:

That REALLY makes it feel closer now!!

I make jewelry on the side and this saturday is my first craft fair where I'm being showcased, so I'm a little nervous, but excited! I'll post some pictures afterward, but I hope it's successful! But, otherwise, here we go with some plans!

So, for our 4th day, it was decided that we should take a break. Blake and I are always go go go go on our trips, and with it being a 7 day trip, we definitely needed a slower day. This morning, we're splitting ways sort of.

My mom and I are getting up and heading to Downtown Disney to shop!! Just the girls! I'm excited to check out World of Disney, The Christmas Shop (If I didn't already get my yearly ornament on our first night arrival), Basin, TrenD, and of course Goofy's Candy Shop!

We have a 12:30 reservation scheduled at Rainforest Cafe
167171_631793873278_42707539_35106118_8029961_n.jpg

This is the reservation that Blake said we had to have. I've mentioned before, we used to have one about a 25 minute drive from my hometown and I miss it dearly. Blake and I just love this place. We always get the same thing to drink, the same thing to eat.

165253_631793863298_42707539_35106117_2635046_n.jpg

Bamba's Chicken BBQ Wrap with chips and a mango chutney

I always make this at home, but it's NOT quite the same. We love it!

This is also the reservation, keep in mind, that I agreed to as the family get together. So, I picked the place, which his mom and step dad have eaten at before and I picked the time, because they are absolutely horrible with planning things (they STILL don't have their tickets ordered yet for the parks!) so I took the opportunity to schedule everything. So reservation for 8 (my mom, me, stu, blake, blake's mom, step dad, grandmother and her bf tentatively). The cool thing is, Rainforest is on the dining plan now, so we can eat a nice meal and use 1 TS credit for each of the 4 of us!

Every year, Blake's family picks a person for their secret santa and I got Stuart, so I figured what a better present (since he's been there before in 2006 when we went and loved it) to surprised him with Disney Quest tickets! Blake and Stu will be spending the afternoon at Disney Quest while my mom and I have other plans!

We are hopping a bus, more than likely stopping at CBR to drop off any packages we may have bought ;) and then it's back on the bus, jumping on the monorail and we are off to

n42707539_31575710_8282.jpg

The Grand Floridian!! I snagged a 3:30 reservation for the Garden View Tea Room!!!

I noticed you can order a la carte, so we're going to get a pot of tea each, then share a plate of tea sandwiches, some scones and maybe a pastry each. I figure we'll have had about 2 to 2 1/2 hours of digestion from Rainforest and this should hopefully be perfect for snacking!

By this point, we may look around the Grand Floridian, I'll show mom the Gingerbread house and tree, then we're getting on the Monorail (which I've never done before!) and heading to Epcot!

Mom and I will stroll through World Showcase, maybe grab a beverage somewhere, get on Test Track, Spaceship Earth, The Land...and by that point the boys should be done and headed our way. We'll spend the night of the night hanging out and doing some more rides. We'll probably do a counter service in Epcot. It's always so hard for me for counter services, I normally just snack around the world. I've decided on either, Japan, Fish and Chips (which I've had before) or Sunshine Seasons, then it'll be time for Illuminations which is my ALL TIME favorite fireworks show! I listen to it on my ipod at least once a week!

And with that, we should be headed back to the resort, dreaming of tea, fireworks and video games for the boys! :rotfl2:

Question: What's your favorite table service and counter service in Epcot??

Let's see, from the ones we've eaten at, which are Mexico, Tutto Italia and Coral Reef, I would probably say Mexico. I know that it's Mexican food, but Blake and I are HUGE mexican fans and I LOVE the inside of the Mexico pavilion! For counter service, again, from what I have eaten at, I'd probably go with the Yorkshire Fish Shop..yum yum!!

Another great day of plans. I have always wanted to do the GF tea. It looks like so much fun.

Favorite Epcot TS - lunch - Le Cellier dinner - R&C with a view of Illuminations

CS - Sunshine Seasons

Another great day of plans. I have always wanted to do the GF tea. It looks like so much fun.

Favorite Epcot TS - lunch - Le Cellier dinner - R&C with a view of Illuminations

CS - Sunshine Seasons
Thanks!! I am SO excited to try the GF tea and I'm happy I was able to schedule something for the boys to do instead, really can not see them at formal tea :rotfl2:

I am really looking forward to trying Sunshine Seasons!!

I read your previous TR over the past few days, and I teared up at the proposal. I wish there was audio, but it was still very touching. It was obvious that you had no idea. :confused3 Thanks for sharing.

We will be there from 12/12-12/9 staying at POFQ. If I see you I will say hi, and congratulations in person.

Chrissie

Yay for ME tags! That always makes a trip feel a lot closer.

I think your plans for this day are fabulous. You get some good quality time with your Mom even though you have endure the big Rainforest Cafe meal.

Have you been watching that new show on A&E called Monster In Laws? It's actually a good show and makes me feel way better about my relationship with my inlaws. :rotfl2:

Favorite Epcot TS: Rose & Crown
Favorite Epcot CS: Sunshine Seasons

I read your previous TR over the past few days, and I teared up at the proposal. I wish there was audio, but it was still very touching. It was obvious that you had no idea. :confused3 Thanks for sharing.

We will be there from 12/12-12/9 staying at POFQ. If I see you I will say hi, and congratulations in person.

Chrissie
There was audio, you just have to turn the video WAY up, but thanks so much for your comment! If you do happen to see us, please do say hi! I love meeting friends from the boards!! I hope you have a great trip too!! :thumbsup2

Yay for ME tags! That always makes a trip feel a lot closer.

I think your plans for this day are fabulous. You get some good quality time with your Mom even though you have endure the big Rainforest Cafe meal.

Have you been watching that new show on A&E called Monster In Laws? It's actually a good show and makes me feel way better about my relationship with my inlaws. :rotfl2:

Favorite Epcot TS: Rose & Crown
Favorite Epcot CS: Sunshine Seasons

I have not seen Monster in Laws, but it sounds ridiculous :rotfl:
When Blake's mom was up this weekend, I was close to lying on what our park days were (I am the only one that knows btw ;) ) because she's like "what days are you going where, so we can hang out the whole time?" The "whole time?" really? Don't think so!
And I am really excited to have a day with my mom, I showed her the menu on all ears and she sounds really happy to try the tea! I love how there's options like that for everyone!

I guess if I was taking ME I would probably be getting my tags around now! But we are renting a car.

I just noticed your tag picture and I always get so excited when I see those! :banana:

I guess if I was taking ME I would probably be getting my tags around now! But we are renting a car.

I just noticed your tag picture and I always get so excited when I see those! :banana:
What a bummer!! Well you can share on the excitement of my tag picture then! ;)

Thursday-December 15th-Day 5 Plans

Hey everyone! Before I reveal our day 5 plans, I wanted to celebrate 30 days until Disney!! :banana::banana:

Do you know how Blake celebrates 30 days until Disney?

I went to go grab my french toast this morning and he said, "stop! I'm doing something for you, don't look"

I give you...breakfast in the morning...how many hidden mickeys can you find? :rotfl:
382798_752272258628_42707539_36165552_2122809194_n.jpg

That's my strawberries, turkey sausage and french toast all shaped into mickeys. That boy...:wizard::lovestruc:rotfl2:

With that! It's time for Day 5 plans!

Today is our all day Magic Kingdom day! I want to hit everything today!
Haunted Mansion
Pirates
Transit Authority
Laugh Floor
Buzz
Small World
Peter Pan
Pooh
Philharmagic

Lunch for today will probably be Cosmic Rays. I love Cosmic Rays. My mom and I always split their chef salad, but I tend to stick to either their burgers or this beauty:
314648_731502296798_42707539_36003525_1463112951_n.jpg

I think this is one of the best counter service's for your money! It's a 1/2 BBQ chicken, with really good REAL red skinned mashed potatoes and fresh green beans. Sometimes, for $2 more, you can add a 1/2 rack of ribs to it. Blake and I normally have to split it if we get the ribs too. Delicious!

Today, may also be the day that we have a DIS meet with MEK!! :goodvibes

Then, we'll tackle more of MK!

The triple mountain whammie (better known as Splash, Space and Thundermountain Railroad)
Jungle Cruise, etc.

We have a 7:00 reservation tonight at Ohana's!!

This was from our 2007 trip to Ohana's for breakfast
156973_625570494978_42707539_34951261_6158788_n.jpg

Stitch cracks me up! His first picture he was eating my hair and the 2nd one ended up like the above :lmao:

This is the ADR I had the most trouble with. I booked this one back in July, when I was able to make ADR's. I had no idea what our dates were yet, and just snagged it. Fast forward to August until now, I STILL can not find a time for dinner during ANY day the whole time we're there. I wanted to try and change this time because Wishes start at 8:00. Since I can't change the time, but want to keep the reservation, I'm trying to decide upon 2 options.

1) Check in at 7:00, try to get a window seat and eat dinner and watch the fireworks inside
2) Try and check in early, get through dinner with hopefully time to spare and head downstairs to catch Wishes on the beach at the Poly

Any opinions??

At this point, we will probably call it a night.

This is the day I'm also a little nervous about because Blake's mom wants to do a Magic Kingdom day while we go. We're going 3 times to MK. The 1st is the first day we get there, the 2nd is today and the 3rd is the day they're checking out. So, it figures that it will probably be the day that we will be here all day. I'm crossing my fingers!

On a better note..here's your question for tonight! It's a 2 parter!
Question: What is the call name of the driver in Kilamangaro Safari's and what is the name of the baby elephant they are trying to save?

Good luck! :goodvibes

YAYAYAYAYAY WOOT WOOT for 30 days :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Love the breakfast plate Blake made for you!! What a sweetie!!!

OOOH MK day!!! I love MK!!!!! (Don't think I didn't notice that you put HM as first on the list LOL...:rotfl: my love for that place may be unnatural LOL)

OOOH Ohana's I want to eat there again!! Great meal!!

Okay the Driver's call name is Simba 1 and the baby elephant's name is Little Red!!!!

Hello I just found your last trip report and wanted to say a big congratulations! Such a beautiful proposal!
My partner and I will also be at disney the same time as you guys we are staying at Pop! So maybe I'll spot you in the crowds I'll be the one with the big goofy smile on my face hehe!
Can't wait to hear more of your plans :)
Jess

I'm so glad I checked our TR before I went to bed because that picture of you and Stitch is too funny. :rotfl2: OMG - I think he's mugging you! :rotfl2:

Great plans. Can't wait to start my trip at the MK on the 15th. Looking forward to meeting you! I am hoping to get there as early as possible. If Nick and Denny don't want to get up, I'm leaving without them and will meet up with them at lunch. I have an LTT ADR at 1130 or 1145.

I loved you breakfast plate. that was a lot of work to carve up all that food. :worship: What a great way to celebrate. December is right around the corner now. I can't believe how quickly its approaching. I cleaned out my whole closet today and I guess I will start packing new weekend. Yes - I am an obsessive packer and start much too early. :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter