PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

TwoCortWort said:
Morning!!! Have 3 days to go here. Anyone else headed down this coming week??

Driving down Thursday morning! It's going to be a long 3 days of work.

I can't believe how close we are to takeoff. It feels like only a few days ago when I posted in the first thread several months in advance, and now we are less than a week away.

I have all my reservations set but still cant help but feel that I'm forgetting something! Poly 15th-21st!!!

Tltorrez said:
Total tear-jerker. So wonderful.

I know!! I love those types of videos to begin with:) however knowing it wasn't a media type thing and just the good nature of Disney CMs makes it so much nicer.

I can only imagine how happy everyone feels- love it!!

Ok, so I have like 80 pages to catch up on.... Not sure it's gonna happen! Can anyone tell me what happened the past week??

Of topic: Does anyone remember how you used to be able to buy sheets of wrapping paper rather than rolls? They usually came with a few patterns and several sheets if each. Every year I look for these packages and I can't find them anymore.

tofubeast said:
Looking at next week's weather. Don't fret about thunderstorm potential, it means rain for a few mins and then it's long gone. The cloud may not even pass over WDW.

You will throw tomatos at me, but I wish it was going to be cooler. (I live in Ft. Lauderdale area so.....) I was hoping to be bundled up a bit during the day. Wah!!! (ducks and hides)

But at least today I can say...

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!

It's rained the past 3 days but we always seem to miss it. :)

Don't bother doing your hair though. Morning fog is so thick it might as well be drizzle.

Definitely hot yesterday and today was warm enough to swim at 7am.

QueenElinor said:
Forecast low here tonight is 10, but it's already 19 degrees and snowing. I think the single digit dance does not mean what the weather service thinks it means!

*rotfl*

It's so weird to think its winter somewhere.

sokerfrog said:
We went to that yesterday too. We got there around 4:15...then stood in line for 3 hours!! We were totally expecting some pins to be sold out when we got up there, but we got everything we wanted. It was completely crazy in that room!

We got so lucky. Got to the resort around 3:40 and we were out by 5:00.

Glad you got everything you wanted.

For those who have never been at the holidays before - I was unprepared for how much CP fills up World Showcase in the evenings. We love WS and tend to go there most evenings. It's rarely crowded. But CP really changes that.

Still loving it of course, but we had to adjust our expectations.

On our way!!!!!!! Picked up at 3:30...at the airport...and waiting for Starbucks to open!!!!!

Oh boy, woke up a half hour late. I sent the alarm for PM rather than AM. No huge sweat, as we are only driving up.

Time to head from South to Central to WDW!!!!

More soon!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Safe travels and have a great trip!

Sometimes they make mistakes and enter the data wrong. So I keep waiting for a correction but nothing. I tweeted them to ask about it but no answer yet.

I'll be curious to see what they say.

I'm packed! I had to re-pack my suitcase twice because it was top heavy and kept tipping over, :lmao: but it's all in there now!

24", 18" and a mostly empty backpack. W00t!

I am going to try to figure out how to post from my phone, but my mom hates when I've got my nose stuck in my phone so I may be quiet once we get there. Tomorrow!!!

Lcaemom said:
On our way!!!! The Airport Shuttle picked us up at 3:30...we're through security, waiting for Starbucks to open!!!!! I need a dancing banana right now!!!!

SQUEE!!!

molitva said:
Of topic: Does anyone remember how you used to be able to buy sheets of wrapping paper rather than rolls? They usually came with a few patterns and several sheets if each. Every year I look for these packages and I can't find them anymore.

I remember that!! But I don't remember where I saw some last. Kmart maybe?

Tltorrez said:
It's rained the past 3 days but we always seem to miss it. :)

Don't bother doing your hair though. Morning fog is so thick it might as well be drizzle.

Definitely hot yesterday and today was warm enough to swim at 7am.

I don't mind rain as long as its warm. It's misty here but cold! I can't wait to swim!!!

I think papyrus still does that, but it might be a little more expensive. I'm not 100% sure though. Hallmark maybe?

"Turtle" does not even begin to describe our touring pace. So frustrating. I don't have many positive things to say about our trip yet. We did AK yesterday. I thought DD would love it, but both kids pretty much whined the whole time.
Today is DD's birthday, and she did not do BBB. We got here late, and then she puked in the parking lot. :(. Vitamins on an empty stomach was not a good idea. At least, I'm hoping that's all it is. She seems to feel better after she eats.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid was a hit. The cinnamon buns at Gaston's were big enough for the four of us to share! We're in line for PP now. The wait time jumped from 15 to 25 when we got in line, but it is moving pretty quickly.

:sigh:

I'm home. I want to go back. It's cold, rainy and not magical here....

:sad:

So are we as of around midnight last night and I too, want to go back. I told DH yesterday that I didn't want to go home just yet. DFIL has been working on trying to replace the bathtub faucet while we've been away and found out that the drain pipe is rotting away. So he's been working at replacing that, which means no showers :headache: I did not want to come home from vacation to problems in the house. I would much rather have stayed in paradise just a little bit longer :(

Just got checked in for our flights tomorrow... it's been a busy couple of days! Remember I said DH, who has been working at the embassy in Baghdad for the last 6 months, was meeting us at WDW as a surprise for the kids? Well, he managed to be able to shorten his travel to the states considerably, and came HOME first! :banana: The kids were so excited to see him, and then my daughter burst into tears thinking either we were not going to Disney at all or he would have to stay home. I quickly reassured her that we were all going, although he would be on a different flight there than us, since ours was ridiculous expensive to get him on. Good news is I found him one that arrives just a little bit earlier than ours!
Guess I ought to go ahead and start packing, 24 hours from now we should be taking off! :hyper:
My BFF and her husband are already there... I keep getting pictures from her that make me want to go NOW. Especially since I woke up to snow. Ick. :)

BuzzGirl said:
Just got checked in for our flights tomorrow... it's been a busy couple of days! Remember I said DH, who has been working at the embassy in Baghdad for the last 6 months, was meeting us at WDW as a surprise for the kids? Well, he managed to be able to shorten his travel to the states considerably, and came HOME first! :banana: The kids were so excited to see him, and then my daughter burst into tears thinking either we were not going to Disney at all or he would have to stay home. I quickly reassured her that we were all going, although he would be on a different flight there than us, since ours was ridiculous expensive to get him on. Good news is I found him one that arrives just a little bit earlier than ours!
Guess I ought to go ahead and start packing, 24 hours from now we should be taking off! :hyper:
My BFF and her husband are already there... I keep getting pictures from her that make me want to go NOW. Especially since I woke up to snow. Ick. :)

Awesome!

"Turtle" does not even begin to describe our touring pace. So frustrating. I don't have many positive things to say about our trip yet. We did AK yesterday. I thought DD would love it, but both kids pretty much whined the whole time.
Today is DD's birthday, and she did not do BBB. We got here late, and then she puked in the parking lot. :(. Vitamins on an empty stomach was not a good idea. At least, I'm hoping that's all it is. She seems to feel better after she eats.
Voyage of the Little Mermaid was a hit. The cinnamon buns at Gaston's were big enough for the four of us to share! We're in line for PP now. The wait time jumped from 15 to 25 when we got in line, but it is moving pretty quickly.

Hope things start going better. Happy birthday to your DD!!

So are we as of around midnight last night and I too, want to go back. I told DH yesterday that I didn't want to go home just yet. DFIL has been working on trying to replace the bathtub faucet while we've been away and found out that the drain pipe is rotting away. So he's been working at replacing that, which means no showers :headache: I did not want to come home from vacation to problems in the house. I would much rather have stayed in paradise just a little bit longer :(

Yikes! It is bad enough to come home, but to come home to no shower?! :scared1:

Have a great trip! How awesome that DH got home early! :cool1::dance3:

Oh, that's wonderful! Your poor daughter though, LOL. I'm glad you got that cleared up quickly!

I hope things get more enjoyable for you. As for the pace, don't stress. You can't possibly do it all. I keep reminding myself of the same thing. Better to do less and have more fun, than to drive yourself into the ground and be miserable.

Oh no. :sad1: I hope they get your shower fixed soon! What a mess to come home to. I'm so sorry. :(

In other news, I woke up all stuffed up. Murphy's law! Ah well, hopefully Florida will burn the cold out of me. Sigh.

Got home last night. :sad1:

We had a wonderful trip. The Beach Club was gorgeous and the 5 minute walk to Epcot was fabulous. The kids loved the pool.

High spots:
---Dinner at Ohana. We got the corner window seat and had a wonderful time with our server. Food was delicious. (side note: coming in, they did not have our reservation in the system---thank goodness I was able to log on to the Disney site to get our confirmation number---never had this problem in 3 previous trips, which caused complacency with carrying the print-out with me. All our other reservations were fine and from then on I had the print-outs)

---Encounter with Push in MK. The kids were sitting on the bench when he went up and started talking to them. I think this was the 2nd time I laughed most on this trip.

---Low crowds. We only used FPs for Peter Pan, Test Track and Toy Story Mania. There was no more than a 15 minute wait for everything else.

---Candlelight Processional. This was just breathtakingly beautiful!

---Night time shows--we got to see them all. Wishes was my favorite.

---New Fantasyland--it is a lot of fun.

LOWS:

---Two of our party got sick with the flu. One was on the last day but she had a horrible plane ride home.

I am happy to note no transportation issues. Bus and boats were running with no more than 15-20 minute waits---mostly less than that unless at closing. Also, no issues with Pop Warner. We saw large groups mostly in MK and DHS, but they were just like all the other kids in the parks and we tried to avoid the attractions the large groups were heading to.

We probably won't be able to return for at least 2 years---thanks to everyone on this board for all the great tips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter