PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

What an amazingly sweet video!

Looking at next week's weather. Don't fret about thunderstorm potential, it means rain for a few mins and then it's long gone. The cloud may not even pass over WDW.

You will throw tomatos at me, but I wish it was going to be cooler. (I live in Ft. Lauderdale area so.....) I was hoping to be bundled up a bit during the day. Wah!!! (ducks and hides)

But at least today I can say...

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!

2nnmkn.jpg

I actually wish it was going to be a little cooler as well, and it's 35 here now, LOL! Good to know on the Thunderstorm potential - I was freaking a bit!

We're almost completely packed!

8D79D094-833C-47DC-9DB8-91A927FA4156-41947-00002D4D889B1627_zpsdb2cc886.jpg

Um. I. Um. I gotta go. Pack. Yeah. And here I was giving Wedgiesock a hard time about not being packed!!!

Valgoof said:
Thanks for posting!! I stopped checking the fb page, so I was wondering how this worked out. Sooo happy for them! The surprise was awesome!! Disney is amazing!! :love: And yes, I am crying. :rotfl2:

Thanks for the video! You can't help but be so happy for them! What a wonderful moment! So wish I was down there to support a fellow Dec diser in the surprise!

geckodani said:
Ok, I just realized there was a mirror involved in that pic. I was wondering what you were bringing in all that! LOL!

Lol. Sorry. I forget the doors are mirrored. Between us (DBF and I) there is 3 suitcases, 2 duffle bags, a back pack, a tote bag, and a soft sided cookie. I don't pack light. :blush:

PrincessAurora27 said:
Lol. Sorry. I forget the doors are mirrored. Between us (DBF and I) there is 3 suitcases, 2 duffle bags, a back pack, a tote bag, and a soft sided cookie. I don't pack light. :blush:

You sure don't! Lol I'm afraid to pack because I'm so terrible at it! Are you flying or train?

Looking at next week's weather. Don't fret about thunderstorm potential, it means rain for a few mins and then it's long gone. The cloud may not even pass over WDW.

You will throw tomatos at me, but I wish it was going to be cooler. (I live in Ft. Lauderdale area so.....) I was hoping to be bundled up a bit during the day. Wah!!! (ducks and hides)

But at least today I can say...

TOMORROW TOMORROW I LOVE YA TOMORROW YOU'RE ONLY A DAY AWAY!

2nnmkn.jpg

Yay for tomorrow!!!

DH is hoping for cooler temps our week too. Not too cold though. :thumbsup2

We're almost completely packed!

That is a lot of luggage! Are you like me with 3 shirts for each day you will be there? :lmao:
I feel like I need to do a test run. I am hoping to use 2 checked suitcases and 1 carry-on. Then have 2 carry-ons on the way home if we need it for souvenirs. I am taking half full bottles of shampoo, etc so I can throw them away and have more room.

geckodani said:
I'm trying to do it with one suitcase and a backpack. We'll see how I do!

Good luck!!! The small suitcase has drinks and snacks for the train in it.

molitva said:
You sure don't! Lol I'm afraid to pack because I'm so terrible at it! Are you flying or train?

We're taking the train. 22 hours from here to Kissinmee. I'm pretty good at packing, there's a lot in those bags. The tote will have a throw blanket and our pillows in it.

Valgoof said:
Yay for tomorrow!!!

That is a lot of luggage! Are you like me with 3 shirts for each day you will be there? :lmao:
I feel like I need to do a test run. I am hoping to use 2 checked suitcases and 1 carry-on. Then have 2 carry-ons on the way home if we need it for souvenirs. I am taking half full bottles of shampoo, etc so I can throw them away and have more room.

I'm exactly like that. I think I have 16 shirts packed, 2 dresses, 5 pairs of shoes, fleece jacket, sweatshirt, sweaters and 20 pairs of underwear, plus the jeans, capris and shorts. I'll check the big suitcase and the rest will be carry on. That's the upside to taking the train. I get 2 carry ons, plus my purse, a small cooler, and pillow and blanket.

I have less than 24 hours until we leave. I still need to go get a pedi.

:sigh:

I'm home. I want to go back. It's cold, rainy and not magical here....

:sad:

What do you mean you are home?? You were supposed to hide in the closet or cuff yourself to the bed! (Not in the adults only way) :rotfl2:
Welcome back though! Cant wait to hear about your trip!

Valgoof said:
What do you mean you are home?? You were supposed to hide in the closet or cuff yourself to the bed! (Not in the adults only way) :rotfl2:
Welcome back though! Cant wait to hear about your trip!

Hehe so there was a little maintenance door in our room in the closet... I was so tempted to pick the lock and hide in there!!!

I have to say this was our best trip ever... Tearful hellos and goodbyes but absolutely wonderful!!!

Hehe so there was a little maintenance door in our room in the closet... I was so tempted to pick the lock and hide in there!!!

I have to say this was our best trip ever... Tearful hellos and goodbyes but absolutely wonderful!!!

I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful trip!

Packing... had to add a carry on bag. If I weren't taking my pillow I could have managed with the backpack and suitcase, but I stuffed my pillow in a space bag and am taking it with me, LOL! 'Sides, we can use the backpack to cram our winter coats into so we don't have to carry them.

Glad it was a great trip!! :goodvibes

To come home that is :sad1:

We've had a great time and now it's time to go back to reality, unfortunately. Bell hop is coming at 7:10 to pick up our luggage then afterwards over to CBR's Custom House to do our airline check in before heading over to DTD.

For those already here and are looking at shipping their Disney purchases back home here's an FYI that we found out yesterday. Items that are shipped via UPS will not arrive to your home until after Christmas. In other words January. The cut off date was December 5. This is the problem we have with the few items we bought. I still have to get a few more things over at DTD and now have to find a way to see if we can see if my mom or brother have room in their carry-on for those few items.

I'll give a mini trip report tomorrow after we are settled in at home (we're arriving home close to midnight tonight) and probably a full one on the Trip Reports board, which I'll link to this thread.

Gotta go. DH needs to pack up his laptop. Oh, before I go - Just wanted to say to Christine that it was nice meeting you on the bus a few nights ago! And to Valgoof - glad everything worked out for your vacation plans and that you are able to keep your original dates :thumbsup2. I got the update from Christine on the bus.
Safe travels!

Across the board shift in AK crowd numbers at TP for next week. Not sure how far out is affected but it all went from the usual 3-4 to 1.1. Not sure if this is real or a mistake or a change in model.

MK went up in a couple spots. Everything went up sat the 15th. But nothing as big a change as AK.
I just got that email. It's almost a universal reduction in crowd predictions for every day I'm going to be there! I'm surprised by how much AK dropped though. Seems odd.
I kind of was hoping this would happen. Josh at easywdw said "the other guys" sometimes change their predictions right at the end. During the days I had in mind for AK, TP did not match up at all with all the other crowd calendars (TP was higher), so I went with Josh's predictions, and now they're much more in sync. :banana: That's a relief because we only planned one day there.

I'm trying to do it with one suitcase and a backpack. We'll see how I do!
You'll do fine- and probably won't even miss the things you leave behind! I just take one carry-on-sized rolling bag and a tote no matter where I go (unless sports equipment is involved). Over the years I just got tired of hauling stuff around, so I've really refined my packing list.

The best travel advice I ever got was to try to take half the clothes and twice the money!

Safe travels!

I kind of was hoping this would happen. Josh at easywdw said "the other guys" sometimes change their predictions right at the end. During the days I had in mind for AK, TP did not match up at all with all the other crowd calendars (TP was higher), so I went with Josh's predictions, and now they're much more in sync. :banana: That's a relief because we only planned one day there.

You'll do fine- and probably won't even miss the things you leave behind! I just take one carry-on-sized rolling bag and a tote no matter where I go (unless sports equipment is involved). Over the years I just got tired of hauling stuff around, so I've really refined my packing list.

The best travel advice I ever got was to try to take half the clothes and twice the money!

I have to check a bag because I take coconut water with me. I've got Restless Leg Syndrome and the ONLY thing that makes it go away is coconut water. :confused3: So since I have to take it anyway I might as well fill it up.

My obsession with packing my pillow doesn't help either. :rotfl:

So I've got a 24" checked bag, an 18" little rolly carry on and a mostly empty backpack so we can stuff our jackets into it. Not too shabby. Not exactly packing light, but not too shabby.

Forecast low here tonight is 10, but it's already 19 degrees and snowing. I think the single digit dance does not mean what the weather service thinks it means!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter