PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

I'm trying to catch up but not every page is loading :-/ signal is spotty on the interstate. Our stop-over was a welcome break (I hate being cramped up in the car) we stayed at a Fairfield Inn which was really nice. DH and DD were so excited they were drinking hot cocoa in the lobby at 1.30am whilst I was sleeping haha. We set off an hour ago and Agnes (she's our gps) says we have 1hr 25 left. She can be quite bossy, that's when I call her Nagnes :p. Quoting is too much of a pain on the phone sorry. @Lcaemom sorry to hear about the accident but so glad no-one was hurt. @mom2travel so cool you got to meet cybrkitn!!! I hope I meet some of you! @tofubeast how are you feeling today? Hope you're getting better xx @everyone else, hope you are all well and I miss you x

Our GPS is Kiera. She has an Australian accent. I love when she says enter the roundabout..

Well, I just got an email from Alamo and curiosity got the best of me, so I clicked it and saved $60 on my car rental. (The other rental was with Dollar which made me a little nervous, anyway). Looks like the rates have really dropped now that I'm less than a week out, so if you haven't left yet, might want to take a look at your car rental ressie. I couldn't believe how cheap it was.

The Dec Roll Call Group TR thread has been started!! So please go over there to share stories about your trip and photos!!!

Subscribed to it! I'm going to start loading my trip pictures (all 2000 of them!!!) onto Photobucket tonight so I can start my TR. I'll post my link there once I start it, as well as some of my favorite pics and tips from my trip to help those going later this month! :goodvibes

I would stick with Pop. You know DBF likes it, and you aren't sure about POFQ. Also, you are right, that's a LOT of extra money when you've already laid you a lot extra for US/IOA and MVMCP. I'd save a moderate resort for another trip when you don't have so much going on!

Thanks for the advice M&MGirl! I know I should be grateful for a last minute trip and I should not be greedy! I will have to make a decision latest by the end of this weekend when I have to order the botteled water from staples. :surfweb:

The Dec Roll Call Group TR thread has been started!! So please go over there to share stories about your trip and photos!!!

Woo-hoo! Another thread to obsess over. :goodvibes

Good morning Dec DISers! This is too exciting reading everyone getting ready for their trips (ours is still 2 weeks away). Work has been really busy this week but TGIF and I'm back to trip planning mode!:)

I need some advice here - I've been contemplating in the last few days whether I should surprise DBf with an upgrade from POP to POFQ. DBf is a big fan of POP, especially the food court. But the queen size beds at POFQ sounds too good to pass on! I'm not sure if he'll like the food choices and the decor at POFQ. It will cost us $300 if we upgrade but I can't help but thinking that the upgrade costs as much as two 1-day ticket to US/IOA and a ticket to MVMCP (we will be going to both MVMCP and US/IOA so we already spending a lot of extra $$). What should i do?:confused3

I would stick with Pop. You know DBF likes it, and you aren't sure about POFQ. Also, you are right, that's a LOT of extra money when you've already laid you a lot extra for US/IOA and MVMCP. I'd save a moderate resort for another trip when you don't have so much going on!

I agree. ::yes:: I debated a similar switch for months!! Actually, up until I got laid off 3 weeks ago, I was still considering switching to POR. The queen beds would be nice. That is my biggest issue with POP. But I have heard how great the food court, CMs and busses are so I think we will be happy with Pop. If you already know you like Pop, I would stick with that. :thumbsup2

I'm trying to catch up but not every page is loading :-/ signal is spotty on the interstate. Our stop-over was a welcome break (I hate being cramped up in the car) we stayed at a Fairfield Inn which was really nice. DH and DD were so excited they were drinking hot cocoa in the lobby at 1.30am whilst I was sleeping haha. We set off an hour ago and Agnes (she's our gps) says we have 1hr 25 left. She can be quite bossy, that's when I call her Nagnes :p. Quoting is too much of a pain on the phone sorry. @Lcaemom sorry to hear about the accident but so glad no-one was hurt. @mom2travel so cool you got to meet cybrkitn!!! I hope I meet some of you! @tofubeast how are you feeling today? Hope you're getting better xx @everyone else, hope you are all well and I miss you x

So excited you are almost there! I also have my GPS named! He's Finn and he's Australian.

I am feeling a bit better today. Went to the clinic this morning and got some stuff to take care of it. At least I tested negative for strep and it's not the flu. Just some post nasal drip action! FUN!! Hoping to feel better before we go in TWO days. Yikes!

Have fun! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

I only have four more days of work (counting today) until we leave for Disney World! I'm going to leave right from work next Wednesday, so I'm sure I'm going to be super jumpy. Ha!

However, tomorrow I have to be out the door by 4:30am to catch a plane to Michigan for the weekend. Blah!!!

Lcaemom----Fingers crossed!! Don't open that box!! :lmao::scared1:

Wedgie---Have a great trip!! You are almost there!!! :cool1::cool1:

I only have four more days of work (counting today) until we leave for Disney World! I'm going to leave right from work next Wednesday, so I'm sure I'm going to be super jumpy. Ha!

However, tomorrow I have to be out the door by 4:30am to catch a plane to Michigan for the weekend. Blah!!!

Ha! I read this and thought, who flies to Michigan?! I forget not everyone lives where I do. :rotfl2: Have a great weekend!

Ha! I read this and thought, who flies to Michigan?! I forget not everyone lives where I do. :rotfl2: Have a great weekend!

Haha! We usually take the Megabus there, but there were cheapish flights and my partner's mom was buying.

Anyone have any experience renting a car through Hotwire? They have a full size car for over $100 less than my current rental (which is still the cheapest I've found anywhere else). That's a LOT of money! I've booked hotels through Hotwire in the past and have never had a problem, but don't have any experience with their car rentals.

I agree. ::yes:: I debated a similar switch for months!! Actually, up until I got laid off 3 weeks ago, I was still considering switching to POR. The queen beds would be nice. That is my biggest issue with POP. But I have heard how great the food court, CMs and busses are so I think we will be happy with Pop. If you already know you like Pop, I would stick with that. :thumbsup2

We spend most of our time in the park so POP was always the choice and we've stayed there for 4 times. CMs are really friendly and we love the food court and arcade. We stayed there in 2011 after the rooms were renovated and thought it was nice, especially when we don't even need to get a fridge from fridge-swap this year! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as we do (the "POP" waffle and chicken penne alfredo is a must-try item)!

We spend most of our time in the park so POP was always the choice and we've stayed there for 4 times. CMs are really friendly and we love the food court and arcade. We stayed there in 2011 after the rooms were renovated and thought it was nice, especially when we don't even need to get a fridge from fridge-swap this year! Hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as we do (the "POP" waffle and chicken penne alfredo is a must-try item)!

Thanks! It is always nice to hear a positive review, especially from someone who has stayed at so many resorts. This is my first onsite stay. Chicken alfredo is one of DH's favorite foods, so he will definitely be trying that!

You're not all going to disappear immediately from this thread once December is over right? Our trip carries over into January and I'd still like to tell you all how it went! :thumbsup2
Ours too! If you'll be in MK on 12/30, and Epcot 12/31, let's try to add another DISmeet! :yay:

Tofu is going to start a group trip report thread so we can all share and relive!
An Excellent idea! :thumbsup2 The last 2 trips I planned to do a TR, but never got up the steam to start it...

Even though, yesterday is a day that would not want to relive again...knowing the girls and the other kids who were in this accident all turned out fine...and coming here and reading all sweet things you all said, was a HUGE comfort!!!
So glad everyone is (relatively) ok. And I hope your adrenaline has settled from the scare! :scared:

The HIGH today where I live is going to be 25 degrees colder than the LOW when we're in Florida.
No matter what, I will be fine with the weather!
Absolutely, it's vacation in FL!!:wizard:

We are on the way to the airport. Reading my earlier post, I realized I have forgotten my straight iron and my curling iron! So, my hair will be blah.

I am in full-on anxiety mode. I hate flying! My fight or flight instinct is kicking in, and I want to stay home! :(.

We are on the way to the airport. Reading my earlier post, I realized I have forgotten my straight iron and my curling iron! So, my hair will be blah.

I am in full-on anxiety mode. I hate flying! My fight or flight instinct is kicking in, and I want to stay home! :(.
No! Grab a festive cocktail at the airport to calm your nerves, and don't worry about the hair. I forgot my curling iron once and I just twisted my hair up in two little knots at night when it was still damp and it was AWESOME. I looked like Merida!:rotfl2: You're on vacation- do something wild with it, or even nothing at all!

I also have a tendency to worry about small things and lots of times I just have to sit back and say "Forget it (well, not those words exactly ;) but this is a family friendly board) I'm going to have me some FUN!"

And you will, too!

No! Grab a festive cocktail at the airport to calm your nerves, and don't worry about the hair. I forgot my curling iron once and I just twisted my hair up in two little knots at night when it was still damp and it was AWESOME. I looked like Merida!:rotfl2: You're on vacation- do something wild with it, or even nothing at all!

:thumbsup2

We got our FP+ cards and I added them to the growing pile of plastic. I downloaded an app to track Disney gift cards- not sure how useful it will be but it looked interesting. Trying to go paperless this trip- but I guess not plastics-free!

I have that same app....and you are right.....it isn't terribly useful but it helps ME keep track of what each card is going for! I've also written on the plastic card itself in a sharpie.....indicating what it's to be used for. I suppose it's also good to keep a separate listing of each card and it's number along with it's special code in case one is lost or stolen. You need to keep the receipt if that's the case and they can be canceled and reissued. Any way, it kept me busy for a good 30 minutes and kept my mind from going nuts in anticipation. I'm going to go get 2 more cards later today just to have for "extras". That way pretty much everything will be paid for without having to use the kind of plastic that charges you interest if you don't pay it off at the end of the month. :lmao:

Subscribed to it! I'm going to start loading my trip pictures (all 2000 of them!!!) onto Photobucket tonight so I can start my TR. I'll post my link there once I start it, as well as some of my favorite pics and tips from my trip to help those going later this month! :goodvibes

I will try keeping up while we're in Orlando...utilizing drive times, etc....but I can't multi-quote on my phone. :(

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. I know I will have a bazillion as we have PP+ and are eating at many of the restaurants that use them as well. I've been known to take a lot of pictures myself ;)

I have that same app....and you are right.....it isn't terribly useful but it helps ME keep track of what each card is going for! I've also written on the plastic card itself in a sharpie.....indicating what it's to be used for. I suppose it's also good to keep a separate listing of each card and it's number along with it's special code in case one is lost or stolen. You need to keep the receipt if that's the case and they can be canceled and reissued. Any way, it kept me busy for a good 30 minutes and kept my mind from going nuts in anticipation. I'm going to go get 2 more cards later today just to have for "extras". That way pretty much everything will be paid for without having to use the kind of plastic that charges you interest if you don't pay it off at the end of the month. :lmao:
Yes, that kind of plastic can be dangerous!

Is there any way to combine balances? I'd really love to load it all on one card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter