• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

alorac said:
Need a bit of advice. I'm finalizing my packing and so is the girlfriend... She was asking me if she should pack anything fancy and I was kinda clueless as to what to tell her

As of now we only have a few ADRs... Lunch at Le Cellier, Lunch at Liberty Tree and Dinner at Tusker House. We plan on hanging out at Raglan Road, house of blues and a few places on the Boardwalk (Brewpub, Jellyrolls, ESPN). She shouldn't need anything overly fancy for those places right? Whats the attire like at Atlantic Dance hall in case we head over there?

Guys definitely have life easier when it comes to packing... A nice pair of shorts and polo and I'm good to go haha

Thanks in advance!

I don't think she'll need anything other than resort wear.....can't speak about Atlantic Dance...I suppose anything she wear out to a club at home would be appropriate. My hubby and I are going to several signature restaurants so he's bringing the nice shorts, polis, and black pants....me on the other hand, am bringing my whole wardrobe, :rofl2:

ksromack said:
That IS good! Anytime you are in group A that is good! I didn't pay for Early Bird Boarding because I'm a cheapo.....hoping I don't regret that! I can check in tomorrow for our Saturday flight.

How are you getting your boarding passes for the return trip home? That just occured to me. Will we be able to print them 24 hours in advance like we are for our flight TO MCO?

We arrive in the afternoon but our first FULL day we have a 7:05 am ADR for Chef Mickey :)
Do online check-in then go to front desk and they can print the boarding passes for you. Or you can check in and get the passes at one of the airport kiosks.

tmbowers said:
Oops, hit send too fast.

I'm thinking about buying a new compact digital camera before we leave. I have a Nikon DSLR that I love but I feel bad making DH lug it around the parks all day for a week. I have had two Nikon coolpix cameras and have not liked either one of them. If you try to use the zoom in low light the pictures are totally blurred. I'm thinking about trying out a Canon this time. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions on it or another compact camera?

I love the Canon Powershot Elph series. I had an older one that I finally replaced a couple of years ago. I alternate between that and my Nikon DSLR.

Destructsean said:
Anyone in Epcot today? I'm up for a drink!!!

Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a CRAZY week!

Only now just catching up. I was there most of the day. Sounds like everyone was in Epcot yesterday.

ksromack said:
I have a Canon SX260HS. I'm trying to make myself like it but nothing is as good as my dSLR Canon Rebel.

I don't mind the quality of pics on my Powershot but its just so slow. That's what kills me the most. But I just can't physically carry the big one every day.

ksromack said:
Ugh! I'm afraid losing a camera while on vacation would really make me "lose it"! There isn't much I get upset about, but messing with my ability to capture memories in the form of photos...... :crazy:

Yesterday I lost my key card. Even though it has charging privileges I wasn't too upset because I still had the PhotoPass card ( that I forgot to write the number down) that was in the same pocket. ;)

mom2travel said:

ksromack said:
Thanks ladies!

mom2travel said:
I'm on the plane! DD is painting Mickey heads on her nails while we're waiting to take off.
Will try to post pics here & there while we're there to help with PDD for some and anticipation for others
:cheer2: :woohoo: :cheer2:

Horray!

Destructsean said:
Anyone in Epcot today? I'm up for a drink!!!

We were in Epcot too.

dawnmichele said:
i am on the magical express! I am ready to tweet but I've forgotten what we use for a hastag!??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I927 using DISBoards

#decDIS12 and woot!

mom2travel said:
Waiting to drive away...

Your pictures are great!

tofubeast said:
Thanks guys for the well wishes. It is such an odd sickness for me. Just a fever and very tired. I have no major nose issues. A tad bit of a sore throat. Trying to kick it out by Sunday.

So excited for some of you just getting there or about to get there!!

Hope your feeling better.

Lcaemom said:
Soooooo...I think I posted something this afternoon how great life is...and that I feel great...and I'm not stressed. WELL...how quickly things changed. DD15 called to tell me that she and DD17 were in a car accident!:scared1::scared1::scared1: That was my reaction!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
They are both fine...however, it was a major accident all cars needed to be towed, one boy went to the hospital by ambulance, ?broken arm but, otherwise walking around at the scene...and according to my DD is now home and tweeting about it on Twitter.
My DD was driving my car, which is now not drivable. So, work was immediately stopped...I took off to the accident...hugged them both and didn't want to let go. The police gave me a copy of the report, called the insurance, called the tow company, called the autobody shop. I then resumed work...and just finished. Tomorrow...instead of working, I'll need to go to the tow yard, have the car towed to the autobody, let the adjuster know where the car is...and hope he can appraise it tomorrow so, that the autobody can start the repairs; go to the police station and the RMV...and hope that all of this is all set before we leave. I am truly counting my blessings that all parties are fine. However, I am so frustrated that I have done very little for a week after being sick...and NOW I have to take care of this...and we are down one car...and we leave in 60 hours.:headache:

So sorry but glad they are ok!

Quick update to our first day... We had a few hiccups but all in all it was a wonderful day.

As we came thru the Disney gates DD got sick. We got her all fix and checked in with no issues. We also think it was just the fact she had milk with no food on her stomach and it was hot.

Got our room about 30 minutes after checking in. Keys didn't work. They fixed it and sent us new cards just in case.

We went to lunch at Les Chef de France, checked in early and were seated within 5 minutes. As soon as we sat down we saw Remy DD loved him and it was awesome experience I did forget to take a pic tho.

We did a few things then came back to the room early. I did laundry from earlier fiasco and we were all asleep by 9 pm.

Hope everyone is great, safe travels to those leaving soon. I will post a pic of my bag (I am adding a LGMH to it) and DD stroller tag so if you see us please say hi.

IMG_20121207_061353.jpg

IMG_20121207_061418.jpg

Sorry the pics are so big. Now to see if I can get an hour more sleep.

ksromack said:
Ugh! I'm afraid losing a camera while on vacation would really make me "lose it"! There isn't much I get upset about, but messing with my ability to capture memories in the form of photos...... :crazy:

Luckily we still had our DSLR. If I had lost that I would have lost my mind!

I'm looking at stuff to pack up to go home tomorrow... :sad:

I have all these little squishy good pouches... I don't want to carry back. Blah. I don't want to go home :(

Tltorrez said:
Yesterday I lost my key card. Even though it has charging privileges I wasn't too upset because I still had the PhotoPass card ( that I forgot to write the number down) that was in the same pocket. ;)

DD was laughing that I took pictures of my PP cards yesterday, but I don't want to take any chances

Good morning and safe travels to everyone coming in today :-)

So yesterday we made it from plane to park in just under 3 hours. Loved OL at DHS!! Took tons of photos :teeth: (in case you haven't guessed yet, I'm just as addicted to my photos as i am to Disney!)

We headed to see the decorations at YC, BC & BWI after DHS, with a stop for dessert at Boardwalk Bakery. Then we went to DTD to shop

Today's agenda is AK, rest at resort, then MVMCP. I can't wait to get to MK!!! :santa:

Have a great day!

Valgoof said:
Psh...we are all life long friends now. There will be a Dec '12 Forever thread. :lmao: But, really..Tofu is going to make a new thread for mini trip reports.

Eta:I am not sure Psh is really the sound I was going for. Please fill in your own. I meant it like, oh please. If that makes sense.

Psh works. :)

And so does Dec 12 forever. Lol

In our news, DD11 has strep, not flu. So got her a shot and she should be on the mend.

Good morning everyone! We will be at the airport this time tomorrow! Everyone is crazy excited! Last night I had a dream that I forgot my Disney binder that has our park tickets, photopass plus voucher, ADR numbers, etc. in it. Now I'm afraid going to forget something, lol.

I'm so sorry you have all of this to deal with right before you leave, but it's great that they are both okay. I hope you can get everything done tomorrow!
Doing better today than yesterday. I took today off so, it should give me time now, to deal with this new addition to do my already long to-do list. Thanks for your kind words.:hug:

Oh no!! Glad the girls are okay, but yikes! Why does stuff like this always happen right before vacation? :confused3. Hope you get it all worked out so you can enjoy this trip!!
Thanks!:hug: The girls are fine...physically but, are still really shaken up. I'm sure it will all work out. I will do as much as I can today...and the rest will have to wait until we get home.

Oh no! I'm glad everyone was okay, and I hope you can get it all sorted!
Thank you!:hug: We will sort out as much as we can...and then be on our way!

OMG!!!! So sorry this happened and so very relieved that your kids are ok. The car is just a thing and your insurance will take care of it. The big thing is your girls being ok. You'll get it all sorted out I'm sure, and years from now I am sure you'll all laugh over the time your DD wrecked the car days before your trip.
LOL!:rotfl: You're right!:thumbsup2 Thank you for your kind words!

Sorry to hear about the accident, and I am glad everyone is ok. You and I both know this is going to end up with lawyers, so I suggest you have your daughter stop Twittering or posting online about the events. Only talk to your lawyer or the insurance agent. I hope I am wrong about this ending up with lawyers.

Take care!
I really hope it doesn't come to that!:scared1: I will get as much done today with the insurance as I can...and the rest will wait until we get home. I would be through the roof if my daughter was tweeting and posting about it!:scared1: The boy who went to the hospital was tweeting about it. I told my girls not to talk about it at all, today...hope they listen!

So sorry to hear about this!! I am so glad everyone is safe!
Thank you! Exactly!:thumbsup2

Lcaemom

So sorry to hear your news, but thank goodness no one was seriously injured. What a scary day!!
A mom's worst nightmare...to get THAT call...so scary! But, thank God they are fine. And thank you for caring.:hug:

That is so scary. I know, as a mother that I'm a total worry wart. I had to hold my breath as I read your description because you just don't know. We are not promised tomorrow! I am dropping to dog off to my dd's apartment tomorrow afternoon and I will hug her a little longer than usual :hug:
I couldn't let go of either of them!!! Truly a mom's worst nightmare...to even imagine the possibilities!:sad2: They are both doing fine...the car is just a car...even though the insurance thing is a huge headache.:headache: But, in less than 48hours we'll be on our way to Disney! I may just turn off my phone for the week! BTW, hug your dog, too...I'm getting sad thinking about dropping ours' off for the week.:love:

Huge hugs. I'm sorry you have to deal with this before the trip. I'm happy the girls are ok. If they are sore tomorrow you may want to have them looked at just in case.
Thank you!!! They are ok...DD17 said she was sore and very weepy this AM; DD15 was shaken up but, fine physically. Both said they wanted to throw up when we passed the scene this AM, on the way to school. I told them, "just 6 more hours and you're on vacation!" That made them happy!;)

Wow, so sorry you have to deal with this right before you leave but I am glad no one was seriously injured.
Thank you...me too!:hug:

Glad your girls are ok. Accidents are a pain :(
Thank you! You're right...such a pain!:thumbsup2

Thank you to all of you!!! I am going to find the biggest LGMH and hope to thank each of you this week!!!:grouphug:

So sorry but glad they are ok!

Sorry, I missed you! Thank you for your kind words!

I'm sorry, if I missed thanking any of you for all of your kind words!!! Even though, yesterday is a day that would not want to relive again...knowing the girls and the other kids who were in this accident all turned out fine...and coming here and reading all sweet things you all said, was a HUGE comfort!!! I really hope I get to meet you all this week!!:grouphug:

Today is the day! The kids' suitcases are packed and ready to go. Once I put on my make-up and do my hair, mine will be ready. I need to pack my carry-on and the kids' carry-ons.

I forgot to buy a Gorillapod, so I may head out to Walmart after I drop the dog off at puppy camp.

This house is a wreck, so it needs to be cleaned before we go. DH decided to work from home this morning, so he's no help. Guess I'd better guzzle this coffee and get moving!

Morning!!

We leave in 2 days!!! It's hard to believe we started planning this 60 days ago. I think I did fairly well with my ADRs.

I'm almost packed, DBF says he'll pack today. :cheer2:

:jumping1: this is how I'm feeling today..

I'm looking at stuff to pack up to go home tomorrow... :sad:

I have all these little squishy good pouches... I don't want to carry back. Blah. I don't want to go home :(

:sad: :sad: Don't do it!! Stay there!! Or at least book your next trip!

Now see this is another problem with being invested in so many trips. I worry about people getting sick and having bad weather AND now I am sad about everyone's last days. I am exhausted and it is only Dec 7th! :lmao:

Good morning and safe travels to everyone coming in today :-)

So yesterday we made it from plane to park in just under 3 hours. Loved OL at DHS!! Took tons of photos :teeth: (in case you haven't guessed yet, I'm just as addicted to my photos as i am to Disney!)

We headed to see the decorations at YC, BC & BWI after DHS, with a stop for dessert at Boardwalk Bakery. Then we went to DTD to shop

Today's agenda is AK, rest at resort, then MVMCP. I can't wait to get to MK!!! :santa:

Have a great day!

Sounds like a great day! Have fun at the party today!:cool1:

Psh works. :)

And so does Dec 12 forever. Lol

In our news, DD11 has strep, not flu. So got her a shot and she should be on the mend.

That's good. Strep shouldnt linger like the flu could. She will be raring to go in no time. :thumbsup2

Today is the day! The kids' suitcases are packed and ready to go. Once I put on my make-up and do my hair, mine will be ready. I need to pack my carry-on and the kids' carry-ons.

I forgot to buy a Gorillapod, so I may head out to Walmart after I drop the dog off at puppy camp.

This house is a wreck, so it needs to be cleaned before we go. DH decided to work from home this morning, so he's no help. Guess I'd better guzzle this coffee and get moving!

You are so close! Woo-hoo!!! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter