• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

QueenElinor said:
Well, according to the vet, the surgery went well. Thanks for the kind words! Now she just needs to heal up so I won't have to worry about her while I'm at Disney.
I also got the email! The DHS day doesn't work for me, either. But I made the fastpasses really late so perhaps we can do them the night we get in. The MK day is perfect- I got fastpasses for things JUST at the right times I wanted them.

That's what I'm thinking. If nothing else, we'll be able to do Toy Story.

Question- There's no reason we won't be able to hold other FP along with these, is there? I doubt my entire family will want to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or The Little Mermaid.

Glad the surgery went well.

There is no connection between the two FP systems, so you can still get regular FPs as usual.

WedgieSock said:
Good Morning friends! :goodvibes

I was super busy yesterday so I have a lot of catching up to do here so I'll get to that .....

SUPER excited about some being tested for FP+ .... I have been stalking all news on this!!

Personally, I would change my MK days to be able to use the FP+ - for me, using it for the parades or fireworks is SO worth it, not having to pick a spot etc. Also Jordan, if you did swap days, I would re-consider using it on Laugh Floor, that attraction (I love it!!) and use it on something with long stand-by times ... what were your choices???

That's a good point. Those are the ones I really wanted. DH hates the crush and I really want to see the new castle lihgts show. Though I'm still trying to figure out if its possible to FP both MSEP and Wishes and actually move between the two sites when it's crowded.

There is a parade/fireworks component to this?? That is a huge perk! Looking forward to hearing more about this, too. Although, changing itineraries at this late date, would provoke a little...ok, alot of anxiety!:scared1:

YES!!! This is why I have been so excited about it. They were testing it back in September. If you selected fireworks, you got to view them from a roped off area - the Rose Garden in front of Dessert Party terrace I think - so for me, having the parades & fireworks is well worth it!

Here's my holiday "baking"

preview_image_1_31775822x-1.jpg

Brought to you by Cadbury's and 2 day delivery :goodvibes

Miss those! In every British home at Christmas :goodvibes

DH reminded me of something funny that happened in the middle of the night. When DD has nightmares, I sprinkle "pixie dust", I.e. silver glitter, in her bed to keep the bad dreams away. Last night she came into our room and stood on my side of the bed. DH nudged me, and DD said, "I need pixie dust!" DH says I sat straight up in bed, and said "I didn't bring that!" Then rolled back over. I think I must have thought we were already at Disney. :rotfl:

/Adds pixie dust to the packing list.

HA! Love it! :lmao:

molitva said:
Our DHS day is 12/17. We have an ADR for lunch at 12:45 at Sci-Fi.

I'm still undecided on what to do for dinner. It needs to be a counter service (DDP). I was leaning towards Min and Bill's but I'm afraid they will close too early for us to snag dinner. What good CS options are there? I'm thinking dinner sometime around 6 ish.

Starring Rolls gets the best reviews.

I did a review of all the CS options in each park to determine what the edible and interesting options were. This is my DHS list.

Backlot Express (Burgers, SW Salad with Chicken, Grilled Veggie Sandwich)
Fairfax Fare (1/2 Chicken, Spareribs, BBQ Pork, Salad, Gourmet Hot Dogs)
Min and Bill's Dockside Diner (Hot Dog in Pretzel, Chicken Caesar Sandwich, Italian Sausage)
Starring Rolls - (Bagels, Smoked Salmon, Sushi, Black Forest Ham Sandwich, Turkey Foccacia)
Studio Catering Co - (Tuscan, Chicken Caesar, Buffalo Chicken, Turkey Club, Grilled Veg Sandwiches)
Toluca Turkey Leg

Sorry, I didn't think to note hours of operation. Probably should.

WedgieSock said:
YES!!! This is why I have been so excited about it. They were testing it back in September. If you selected fireworks, you got to view them from a roped off area - the Rose Garden in front of Dessert Party terrace I think - so for me, having the parades & fireworks is well worth it!

Miss those! In every British home at Christmas :goodvibes

HA! Love it! :lmao:

It was a separate location for the parade and they tested two locations for Wishes. One was seated on the grass and one had chairs on a patio. For me this is definitely the best part of the new FP.

Starring Rolls gets the best reviews.

I did a review of all the CS options in each park to determine what the edible and interesting options were. This is my DHS list.

Backlot Express (Burgers, SW Salad with Chicken, Grilled Veggie Sandwich)
Fairfax Fare (1/2 Chicken, Spareribs, BBQ Pork, Salad, Gourmet Hot Dogs)
Min and Bill's Dockside Diner (Hot Dog in Pretzel, Chicken Caesar Sandwich, Italian Sausage)
Starring Rolls - (Bagels, Smoked Salmon, Sushi, Black Forest Ham Sandwich, Turkey Foccacia)
Studio Catering Co - (Tuscan, Chicken Caesar, Buffalo Chicken, Turkey Club, Grilled Veg Sandwiches)
Toluca Turkey Leg

Sorry, I didn't think to note hours of operation. Probably should.

Thanks! I considered Starring Rolls as well (well...their cupcakes :goodvibes). Some of their sandwiches look great. I know that Fairfax Fare should be a solid option and will be open in the evening.

Have you been to any of these places? I was looking at easywdw's summary of most of the DHS places and tbh, the pictures they put on the menus are sometimes are really unappealing :duck:

Did they offer MSEP and Wishes this time around? Those are the ones I couldve really used.

I'm pretty sure Wishes was an option for one of my evenings (I chose the 13th for HS and the 14th for MK.), but it it was already grayed out as if it had already been booked to capacity.

I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??:rotfl2:

Good Morning all! I'm in single digits!!!!

:cheer2::cheer2: 9 days until we leave!!!!:cheer2::cheer2:

I was just thinking yesterday that we should have scheduled to leave on saturday instead of sunday, giving us an extra day. Oh well.

ValGoof - Any news on your trip? Did I miss the update?

Hope everyone has a great day!!

I need to share my secret. My DH and I left last Saturday to an all inclusive to Punta Cana, and today we woke up in ORLANDO!!!!!!! We hated the resort we were staying at. It was beautiful, but we were sick from the food and the terrible liquor. The entertainment was nothing like Disney, SO WE PLANNED A SECRET ADVENTURE! we took the next flight to Miami and had a quick road trip to Orlando and booked our room on the way. TONIGHT WE GO TO MVMCP!!!!! We cant tell anyone because our family and friends dont understand. Only you all will understand. So we are here now and leave on Sunday!!!! We plan to do epcot and HS on Saturday. phew! I feel better now. Crazy huh!??:rotfl2:

:lmao: haha thats awesome! Its like your Dirty Disney Secret :teeth: Have a great time tonight, would love to hear how it went :goodvibes

molitva said:
Thanks! I considered Starring Rolls as well (well...their cupcakes :goodvibes). Some of their sandwiches look great. I know that Fairfax Fare should be a solid option and will be open in the evening.

Have you been to any of these places? I was looking at easywdw's summary of most of the DHS places and tbh, the pictures they put on the menus are sometimes are really unappealing :duck:

I have not been to any of them except Starring Rolls. On our last trip we chose some place that ended up being closed that day and we were stuck with nothing but lousy chili dogs in that section of the park. In truth, nothing but Starring Rolls gets consistently good reviews though I have seen good things about Min & Bills recently. In any event, given how awful most of the choices are I'll just be happy to have something mediocre. I don't know what it is about this park that the food is all terrible.

leianne said:

That's so awesome!!!

Well, according to the vet, the surgery went well. Thanks for the kind words! Now she just needs to heal up so I won't have to worry about her while I'm at Disney.
I also got the email! The DHS day doesn't work for me, either. But I made the fastpasses really late so perhaps we can do them the night we get in. The MK day is perfect- I got fastpasses for things JUST at the right times I wanted them.

That's what I'm thinking. If nothing else, we'll be able to do Toy Story.

Question- There's no reason we won't be able to hold other FP along with these, is there? I doubt my entire family will want to see Enchanted Tales with Belle or The Little Mermaid.

I'm glad your dog is doing well and hope she heals quickly!!

Here's my holiday "baking"

preview_image_1_31775822x-1.jpg

Brought to you by Cadbury's and 2 day delivery :goodvibes

That's my kind of baking!! I love Cadbury's. Specifically Cadbury's brought over from the UK.

Last work day! And I leave early for a school event. :)

Yay!!!!

Omg!!! That is so great!!! Have a blast!

Here are my hoodies I just finished. sorry the pics are so huge!

704707_4564781971661_1801209467_o.jpg

704950_4564780731630_1628791546_o.jpg

will hopefully get the tshirts almost done this weekend. I have to embroider 24 of them, tye dye 8 of them and put transfers on 16. Good thing we are only matching for 6 days of our trip!!!

Well done! Have a great spur of the moment trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter