~~Part 2 ~ They're leaving the nest, sew it's time for a trip-or two-or three ~~Off plans 10/11 ~~

Guess I am the first one at the new place...hello!

I'm here! I don't think there is a page limit any more since they did the update. The rivers of light thread is over 700 pages.

I LOVE Victoria's Stitch picture! Such talent!!!!

How did Allison's wedding shoot go? Good luck with today's photos. We still haven't really found much for Lizzy to wear. We did find one sweater but I'm not sure it's the best for her. I was thinking of trying to do them myself but I'm going to have a coworker do them. I think she'll be able to get Lizzy to relax more and she's really good and very reasonable. Lizzy wanted to do them with her BFF but her Mom doesn't want to pay for them. I guess I'll just ask
BFF to go & get a few shots of the girls together & BFFs Mom is on her own to find a cheaper option. Coworker will charge me $100 but give me all the files. Seems very reasonable to me.

We went to a meeting for parents of seniors last week to talk about the college application progress. I think it's going to be a long year. I think Lizzy is feeling the stress not only of all the work to doing the applications but also the stress of picking the right place. This week she's leaning toward SUNY Oswego.

I better get to work. Mondays are tough! Oh I kept meaning to tell you I live your porch. Especially your gate. Oh and your Mickey bag!

Hmmm - interesting. I didn't realize that it was possible for The Dis not to have a page limit anymore. That would sure be nice. ::yes::

Her wedding photo shoot went well... there were a few pictures she tried to get and wanted to have for the Bride & Groom, but they didn't turn out - she is pretty disappointed in herself for that... But all of the posed pictures turned out fantastic. :woohoo: I am very proud of her!

I hope Lizzy's photos turn out too - such a shame that BFF's mom doesn't want to pay for them - it's very nice of you to pay for them though, and a good idea to hang on to the CD yourself - afterall, you are the one paying. ::yes::

Senior year is such a stressful year! There is sooo much to do and to plan for. I am a little thankful for the Europe trips for this reason - It allowed Allison to push all of the school stuff aside for a few extra months - that on top of the fact that she doesn't know what she wants to do yet - it was just too much stress. Now she is home and she is putting her life and plans in order - it seems to be falling together much easier for her. It's definitely not a solution for everyone, but it worked out well for us.

Thanks Bernadette... We were in Northfield last night - I took some pictures for you - which I will post below... The flooding is terrible there right now - I sure hope your family is far away from the flood zone. :hug:

Found it! Haven't had a lot of time to comment but I have been reading along. And I beat Mo @Chicago Mo here so that's good. LOL.

i"m here

Whatever there speedy...

I love the cliff note version of your part 1 thread.
I'm also not sure if there is still a limit? Guess it makes sense to to test it out.

YAY for booking the towncar.

I hope Allison and V has a fun night taking V's Senior pictures.

Not posting much, but still following along. So excited to read about your next trip!

I'm here! WOOHOO, the towncar has been booked!!!

Senior pictures how exciting. Cannot wait to at least get a sneak peek!

I'm here! Can I ask a really stupid question? What is a towncar? LOL I know -- dumb question.

I'm excited to see how V's senior pictures will turn out. We still need to have the second half of Brie's senior picture shoot done...I'm hoping my friend can get that in before she moves, or else I'll have to find someone else and spend a lot more money.

I am concerned about being able to stay W30 compliant during my trip this week...especially if I end up going to my MIL's house...I love her dearly but she has a mindset that doesn't match mine when it comes to food...she has always thought that I am too thin (and, truth be told, I was for a lot of years) but I'm fairly comfortable where I am now -- but it will be hard to eat at her house because nothing will be compliant and I'll never hear the end of it if I just eat salad! LOL I think I may try to circumvent the issue by taking her and my FIL out to lunch one of the days that I'm there...that way we can go somewhere with salads and I can get some grilled chicken or something to eat with my salad.... My SIL, on the other hand (the one I'll be staying with) is so excited to make sure she has W30 compliant foods in the house for me that I fear she's going overboard. LOL

Poor Brie hit the "kill all the things" stage in her W30 journey yesterday -- my husband felt that coming on last night. I haven't entirely hit it yet (although I was feeling a bit of that yesterday, but it passed relatively quickly) and I have a feeling that it's going to take me longer than 30 days to get the maximum benefits out of this journey but I'm ok with that. But trust me -- a PMS-ing teenager in the "kill all the things" stage who also has a horrible cold is not the most fun person to be around....

My trip is rapidly approaching...this morning I got an appointment scheduled to go look at the reception venue we're interested and talk with them, and I have an appointment scheduled at the bridal gown store she wants to go to...still need to schedule appointments with the florist we're interested in and the bakery -- although Brie insists that she will make all of the cupcakes for the reception (Alyssa wants a cupcake cake with a traditional top tier and Brie loves, loves, loves to bake and is very good at it)....I'm not sure she realizes how much work will go into making and decorating that many cupcakes...so I'm not going to tell her that I'm going to talk with the bakery about pricing on cupcakes in addition to a one tier cake.... I'm sneaky, but I think it's important to have that information and know what the deadline will be to place that kind of order with the bakery for when Brie comes to her senses...LOL!!!!

Have a wonderful day!

Hehehe... Well, in this case - it's a limousine service, but instead of picking you up from the airport in a limo - they pick you up in a Lincoln Towncar. ::yes:: It's a bit cheaper than renting a limo. ::yes:: Since we are staying at SoG - they are not part of ME, so we have to find our own transportation from MCO to the resort... Since I don't drive in other cities - this works out really well for us. :)

I hope your trip goes well this week - I'll be thinking of you. Just do the best you can - there are always variables, and decisions you have to make on the fly... You will do great- I know it! ::yes::

Yikes - that's a toughie... I hope you guys are able to get through this stage with out harming one another? :scratchin LOL Maybe it's good for you that your trip is this week?

And excellent idea to have a back up plan! Just in case. ::yes::

Thanks - same to you!

I am here! Woooooohooooo, so excited!

Hi!:wave2:
Since you've started a new thread I thought it was a good time to pop out of lurkdom and say Hi! I've been following your threads for quite a while and am so impressed with your design skills (bags, decorating, etc.). I love the trips you've taken with your girls, both together and individually; I'd love to do something similar with my DS over time, but he's only 5 so I've got some time. My DH is also not a big fan, so good ways to get to WDW without Mr Crankypants putting a damper on it all are always interesting to me!

Welcome!!! I know - it takes a lot of guts to jump into a longer thread where it appears that everyone knows eachother already, it's a bit nicer when the thread is new. Thanks for introducing yourself - it's great to meet you! :lovestruc I hope you enjoy your time here!

Hahaha - yes... These trips with just my girls have been amazing for us - many great memories created! I highly recommend them to everyone! Josh even said the other day - he has no desire to go back to Disney - it's just not "his thing"... Which I totally understand. But when his brother and family come over from Holland to do their BIG Disney trip (which I get to plan :woohoo: ) - Josh will be there and he will have orders to wear his smile every day. :lmao: As much as he "says" he doesn't enjoy it - I have photos of him enjoying his Disney time just fine... LOL

Anyways - welcome - it's nice to have you here. :lovestruc

Sitting down in a comfy chair for the ride...

I am here too, but the Dis has been really wonky for me lately.

I made it over. I haven't replied much because the Dis has been acting weird.
Liz

Here!! And from the other day...Chipotle! :yay:

I'm here! I know I don't post much, but I am following your report. :)

I found you, too. ::yes::

Welcome everyone!!!! Some of you mentioned that The Dis no longer has page limits... If that's the case - well - I guess it's cool... And I would just hate to find out after my thread is locked and I can't copy and paste my title pages - that would make starting a new thread a whole lot harder. I decided not to gamble. ::yes:: This thread will only be around for about a month - so... It should be nice n' short. ::yes:: As long as we don't talk too much... :scratchin

Thanks all of you for stopping by to let me know you are reading... It's been a little while since I've seen some of you - so, it's great to know you are still around. :hug:

I cannot wait to finish planning the rest of this trip with you... Starting next week - I'll be posting about any updated plans, our FPs, and just our trip plans in general... Our countdown is really getting small & I can't wait to share all of our last minute stuff here! :woohoo:

**********************************************************************************************************

My apologies for a really long update today... I've had a lot going on in the last few days - and lots of pictures to post... So please bear with me.

The girls and I had a fun weekend.... Weather wise - it was pretty yucky, so Allison had to reschedule all of her Senior Pictures sessions. Which has allowed her to spend some time with a newish group of friends - which is good. She had kind of "outgrown" her old group before she left for Europe, and chose to end ties with a few of them while she was gone... So, it's been really good for her to find people who fit her morals and beliefs a little better. :lovestruc I am very proud of her for this, it took a lot of soul searching and bravery to come to a responsible decision like this.

Anyways... On Saturday, the girls and I had appointments at Ulta for Urban Decay makeovers... We had so much fun doing this. Of course - they were trying to push and sell their products, and I really dislike situations like that. Overall, we were happy with what we had done. I didn't get any pictures of Allison's. :scratchin

20160924_123609.jpg

20160924_124731.jpg

Screenshot_2016-09-24-14-37-47.png

Snapchat-6975269962791327929.jpg

Snapchat-8511631115621504634.jpg

The girls were goofing around, and did a "face swap" - which I thought was pretty funny... They almost look alike...

Screenshot_2016-09-24-13-23-25.png

Vera Bradley is coming out with a new Disney pattern - which I am pretty excited about! :woohoo: I hope it's out in time for our trip - the only date I know is "late fall". It would be great to see something new down there that I like... Hopefully it comes in either the classic Hipster style or the 3-zip Hipster - as those are the only 2 bags I carry on a regular basis. ::yes::

received_10210417397490380.jpeg

I also worked on some decorating projects for the kitchen...

I cleaned up the stool that Josh brought home from the lake... I would have liked to have gotten a few more spots off of it - and I am really liking the "chipiness" of it... At this time - I think I am going to keep it as is and not paint it. (I also cleaned up the bread box from the lake - the lake has been such a gold mine of stuff for us!)

Befores and afters...

20160925_095821.jpg

20160925_104049.jpg

20160925_162213.jpg

And my "new to me" kitchen scale came in the mail yesterday.... I've been wanting one of these to decorate with since we redid our kitchen... I've been watching Etsy for the right one to come up at the right price - when I found this one, I was super excited! I think it looks great on my counter! And these pumpkins from Target's Dollar Spot - soooo cute, I am totally addicted! Such great pieces!

20160926_144704.jpg

20160926_144417.jpg

A couple of Coopie pics to throw in - because he cracks me up!

Screenshot_2016-09-26-15-25-06.png

Screenshot_2016-09-26-15-25-15.png

Finally - the girls and I went out for V's senior picture photoshoot last night... We had a lot of fun! We did most of them in a nice little historic town - so we had a lot of great brick backdrops to choose from - Allison did a great job and I cannot wait to share the final pictures with you all - until then, here's a few I took...

Snapchat-7080566270518201501.jpg

20160926_160440.jpg

20160926_160654.jpg

It was very windy - so we really struggled with that a lot. Also, there was major flooding, and a lot of the paths down by the river - where Allison wanted to take pictures - were flooded. We are hoping to maybe go back next week and do a few more. We'll see. But as you can see from these pictures - the river is almost over the embankment - I am told, at one point earlier this week, it was. Our local rivers are definitely swollen.

20160926_163549.jpg

20160926_163601_HDR.jpg

Soooo... Today....

It's a heavy lifting day for me - so I will be doing that shortly. I noticed last night, I haven't done a healthy living update in my post on the first page in almost a year! WOW!!! I want to try to do that this week... As you all know, not a lot of progress, but a lot of soul searching has taken place this year.

I plan to work upstairs all morning... I am still ahead. I plan to finish this week's custom order today, and then I want to slide that extra bag in for the rest of this week.

I will be picking V up from school today, we have our Tuesday night class tonight... It's our last one, I've decided. It's time. So, we are having pot-luck... I am bringing home made chili, as we have a few allergies in this class and chili avoids all of them. I am looking forward to being done, just in time for our trip and just in time to avoid the craziness of driving in winter driving conditions. :woohoo:

As I said yesterday - I booked our Town car... This trip is nearly paid for... I have a few last minute things to save for yet - but I should have that done by the end of the week. I am really looking forward to being done with the saving part and get to the enjoying part. LOL So, what do I have left to save for? As it sits right now, I have to purchase our Universal Studios tickets - I've chosen to save for those last, because I have to purchase them in person at SoG. I also have to save for our Disney nails and to have my hair done the week before (yes, I do budget for this stuff - it is a trip expense), then there's our souvenirs... That's It. Everything else is saved for and done. :woohoo: It's always such a relief to have these trips paid for with cash before we leave.

Again, I am looking forward to sharing more detailed Disney plans with you all next week. :lovestruc

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending prayers and pixie dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Thanks for the explanation on the towncar -- I know it was a stupid question, LOL, but it makes sense now. :-) I LOVE that new Vera Bradley pattern -- the colors are gorgeous....I wish they had had that pattern when I was there in August.

Yea for almost being done saving for this trip! Woohoo!!!!

I love the stool and the bread box -- and the scale with the pumpkins is so cute!

Lovely makeovers....like you, I don't like it when they get pushy with their products. Although I must say that I love, love, love the Urban Decay foundation primer and eyelid primer and I need to pick up more of both...I'm just about out......

Have a great day!

:yay: Yeah for the trip almost being paid for now!!

Can't wait to see how the photos turn out.

Looking forward to your Disney plans and on a little side note...I got my additional rooms booked at SOG this morning for Thanksgiving week. Patience pays off! :yay:

Glad your trip is almost paid for and that the town car is booked.
It's good that Allison is taking time to decide what she's going to do in the future.
That is a lot of water. We've had rain lately but not that much.
I've been busy at work since I got back. They didn't do much of anything while I was gone. Why? Because I wasn't there.
Have a good day.
Liz

Good Morning! I was trying to figure out how to add your new TR to my "Watched Threads" DUH! You have to be logged in 8-)
What a fun thing to do with the girls, the makeovers looked great!
Victoria's senior pictures are going to be great, she looks beautiful! I love her hair and outfit also:bride:
Your new items for your kitchen look great, I especially like the color of the bread box.
Our magic bands came in yesterdaypixiedust:, I need to start packing ASAP & coming up with my Halloween costume...
Can't Wait to see you Girls!!!
Monica

Love the scale! I immediately starting thinking of where I could put one. Wish I had more counter space. It looks like your dog is smiling in the second picture - so cute. Trip almost paid for - woohoo! I also save everything up beforehand. I seem to enjoy the trip more that way. That historic town looks like a wonderful spot for picture taking. There's something about a brick backdrop that I love.

Love the pics!

We did my oldest son's senior pics in downtown Knoxville. A few had the brick backgrounds. They turned out amazing!

Looks like you and the girls had a fun weekend.

How great that Allison has decided to find new friends that fit her morals and beliefs a little better. Sounds like she has grown a lot while in Europe.

The Vera Bradley pattern looks great. Crossing my fingers that new bags will be out in time for your WDW trip.

Your pumpkin decoration looks great.

Looks like you all had a good time taking V's senior pictures even if the river was flooded and you couldn't go where you wanted to take some of the pictures. I hope the river isn't that high next weekend so you can get some pictures down there then.

It's not that long until your WDW trip now. It's always best to pay vacation with cash. Because of security I have started to only use my credit card when on vacation because then I'm 100% covered if someone manage to steal my cards or copy them. But since I've used my credit cards I haven't paid for our trip to the UK until now. So this month I've paid the last of this years summer vacation. I always pay the whole credit card bill as soon as it arrives because then I don't have to pay anything extra for using the cards. But it's not as fun paying for everything a month after you're back from vacation than paying for it when I'm on vacation.

I haven't heard anything about my new car. It's frustrating not hearing anything. Because the only thing left now is NAV telling the car shop that they have received all the papers they need from me and the car shop has to wash my car. I wish someone would call and tell me when I can come and pick up my new car. I really need them to start hurrying up because I'm not sure how long my old car is hanging in there. Knock on wood. My old car is still working.

Looks like the senior pictures are going to be beautiful! So excited that your trip is almost here! I am living vicariously through you as DH didn't want to go to WDW this year . It's been a point of contention in our house all summer but I guess he should get to choose a vacation once in awhile.:rolleyes:
Have a great day!:)

Welcome everyone!!!! Some of you mentioned that The Dis no longer has page limits... If that's the case - well - I guess it's cool... And I would just hate to find out after my thread is locked and I can't copy and paste my title pages - that would make starting a new thread a whole lot harder. I decided not to gamble. ::yes:: This thread will only be around for about a month - so... It should be nice n' short. ::yes:: As long as we don't talk too much... :scratchin
Actually, it is a good thing that you started a new thread. Your old one took a long time to load when I used my phone to read it. ;)

And my "new to me" kitchen scale came in the mail yesterday..
I love the scale. It looks great with the pumpkins.

I love your Urban makeover. You both look very natural and not at all like someone else.

We were out of town this past weekend for our grandson's 7th birthday. We are literally unpacking the clothes from the weekend suitcase, washing the clothes, and then packing them in our Disney bags. The weather was hot where we were last weekend and it will be hot in Disney, too hot, I'm afraid. :faint: But it is Disney so it will be alright. We leave in a few days and today our return airfare dropped to $49. Gotta love SWA. ::yes::

You better check it for your trip, since October is now on sale.

I'm proud of A as well! Probably because it reminds me of a similar situation that Maxx, my 17yo, was in at the start of summer. I started noticing that some of his usual close friends were coming around less and less. This made me a little sad because their friends had become almost an extension of our family and they were always together. Well Maxx just said that things changed and he started spending a lot of time with another group of friends also super great kids!! Eventually he told me that the original friends were not making the best decisions and he felt removing himself from the friendship was the right choice for him. He hasn't looked back or regretted his choice since then. I'm extrememly proud of him for recognizing that it was time to move on. Ok, that was long but thanks for letting me share!

V's pictures are so great!! Can't wait to see the rest. I wish you were closer because I would totally hire A to do Maxx's senior pictures. You have quite the talented girls in your home!

So you inspired me to dig out my fall decorations. Only thing is...I pulled out the ONLY orange tote from the jam packed closet in our tiny apartment only to discover it was filled with baby items from my boys. What in the world?!! I honestly have to find the energy to dig through that closet to find my things!! Yeah, not sure that's happening. I might find myself at Target and Michaels. We shall see.

I love, love, love your 'new to you' acquired pieces. Your mix of old with new reminds me of shabby chic, a favorite decorating style of mine. Love it.

Enjoy your last class tonight. I know it will be interesting learning where toothpicks originated and all of their useful purposes. :rolleyes1

Happy Tuesday!

Popping in to say I'm following along, but not posting much. I tend to have to play catch-up with weeks worth of posts so it's hard to comment because I'm reading stuff from weeks ago. Glad Allison had a wonderful time in Europe. We lived there for 6 years in two 3 year tours with the Army, but still so much we didn't get to see (like Amsterdam). I have been busy with work and life! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. I know you and V will have a wonderful time!!!

Thanks for the explanation on the towncar -- I know it was a stupid question, LOL, but it makes sense now. :-) I LOVE that new Vera Bradley pattern -- the colors are gorgeous....I wish they had had that pattern when I was there in August.

Yea for almost being done saving for this trip! Woohoo!!!!

I love the stool and the bread box -- and the scale with the pumpkins is so cute!

Lovely makeovers....like you, I don't like it when they get pushy with their products. Although I must say that I love, love, love the Urban Decay foundation primer and eyelid primer and I need to pick up more of both...I'm just about out......

Have a great day!

Nah - not stupid at all! :)

I really like it too - in pictures - we'll have to see how it looks in real life though... Sometimes I have a different opinion then. :scratchin

I agree - I get super excited to know that I've "done it again"... This is the 6th trip in a row that I've paid for entirely by myself, and it's a good feeling!

Thanks - I am super excited to have these treasures in my home!

Thanks! I did splurge on their foundation... I really like how it looks on me - however, I put it on yesterday and I think I got too much - it looked terrible! Kind of "cakey" and I could see it in my pores... I had to take part of it off and put my Porefessional on - then the foundation and it looked much better. I think I need more porefessional before I leave on our trip. I also splurged on their (I think it's called) correcting cream? It's to take away certain undertones in our skin pigment... I purchased a green and peach one... I thought they were $17 each - which is pretty expensive IMO... But when I looked at my receipt, they were $28!!!! :eek: I told the girls - those are for special occasions only! We love UD though - and have a lot of their stuff. However - we also have a lot of NYX - a great product and much cheaper. ::yes:: We've never had anything from NYX that we didn't like - the only thing I don't like about them is their packaging - it's super cheap - so a lot of my tubes (brow mascara, lip gloss, consealer) caps have cracked - so I am not sure if they are all going to dry out or not? A little annoyed by that - as they are all new. Being that we are 3 girls in the house - much like you - we enjoy our make up immensely! ::yes::

Thanks!!! You too!!! :lovestruc

:yay: Yeah for the trip almost being paid for now!!

Can't wait to see how the photos turn out.

Looking forward to your Disney plans and on a little side note...I got my additional rooms booked at SOG this morning for Thanksgiving week. Patience pays off! :yay:

I know - I love this time, when everything falls together and all that's left to do is to enjoy it and create new memories! :lovestruc

Me too!!!

Thanks - I am really looking forward to sharing them! It's hard for me to hold it in for the entire month, because I am so excited - I just want to share it all! LOL

Wahoo!!!! That is so awesome!!! I am so glad it worked out and you'll get to stay at SoG!!! :woohoo:

Glad your trip is almost paid for and that the town car is booked.
It's good that Allison is taking time to decide what she's going to do in the future.
That is a lot of water. We've had rain lately but not that much.
I've been busy at work since I got back. They didn't do much of anything while I was gone. Why? Because I wasn't there.
Have a good day.
Liz

Thanks!!! It's always such a relief to have it paid for! And this time, I've been ahead of the game - so it makes it so much nicer right now.

Yes - it's good... but she also needs to find a purpose - life isn't as great if there's no purpose.... So, I worry about that for her. Ya know?

We are totally fine at home - but many towns nearby are flooded or close to it. Our rivers are definitely full!

Figures... Makes going back to work hard. I hope you are able to get things caught up soon. :hug:

Good Morning! I was trying to figure out how to add your new TR to my "Watched Threads" DUH! You have to be logged in 8-)
What a fun thing to do with the girls, the makeovers looked great!
Victoria's senior pictures are going to be great, she looks beautiful! I love her hair and outfit also:bride:
Your new items for your kitchen look great, I especially like the color of the bread box.
Our magic bands came in yesterdaypixiedust:, I need to start packing ASAP & coming up with my Halloween costume...
Can't Wait to see you Girls!!!
Monica

Hi Monica!!!! Hahahaha... Yes - logging in is good. ::yes:

We had a lot of fun - for sure!

Thanks - I was happy with all of her picture outfits... She did a good job picking them out. I really love her booties - they are adorable! I want to wear them myself, but I fear the heel is too high and I'd kill myself. LOL

Thanks!!! I am so happy with how my kitchen is coming together - if I could just figure out what I want on the walls - they are all still bar, yet my counter tops are filling up and I definitely don't want them cluttered - so I am trying to figure out a way to contain it. When I first starting decorating - I just kind of picked up things I liked, but now I have more of an idea of what I really want - and I am starting to get too much - so I need to weed it out and re-evaluate. ::yes::

Yayayay!!!! That's always so exciting!!! If you want me to leave my Halloween bag behind for you to use - I am happy to do that. Just let me know. ::yes::

We are VERY excited to see you too!!! :woohoo:

Love the scale! I immediately starting thinking of where I could put one. Wish I had more counter space. It looks like your dog is smiling in the second picture - so cute. Trip almost paid for - woohoo! I also save everything up beforehand. I seem to enjoy the trip more that way. That historic town looks like a wonderful spot for picture taking. There's something about a brick backdrop that I love.

Thanks - it's kind of my "holy grail" item for my kitchen... It was something I wanted right away, but they are always soooo expensive. I wanted to wait to buy one until I knew our trip was paid for - if that makes sense? :scratchin I was so happy when I happened upon this one - within my budget. Now - I really want to find a 2 tier or 3 tier stand... I had that 2 tier stand which I returned, not even thinking - I have a lot of space on top of my fridge - I could have put it there... :scratchin I may have to rethink putting it on my counter...

Yes - it's so nice to be able to go and not to worry about incurring debt from it. I always carry a card with me, just in case, but I've never had to use it. ::yes::

The brick backdrops there are just amazing - every where you turn there's a new texture or color. I am so happy that V chose to have them done there. ::yes::

Love the pics!

We did my oldest son's senior pics in downtown Knoxville. A few had the brick backgrounds. They turned out amazing!

Thanks! Yes - I just love the different textures and colors - they just don't do things like that anymore. I cannot wait to see them when Allison is done! ::yes::

Looks like you and the girls had a fun weekend.

How great that Allison has decided to find new friends that fit her morals and beliefs a little better. Sounds like she has grown a lot while in Europe.

The Vera Bradley pattern looks great. Crossing my fingers that new bags will be out in time for your WDW trip.

Your pumpkin decoration looks great.

Looks like you all had a good time taking V's senior pictures even if the river was flooded and you couldn't go where you wanted to take some of the pictures. I hope the river isn't that high next weekend so you can get some pictures down there then.

It's not that long until your WDW trip now. It's always best to pay vacation with cash. Because of security I have started to only use my credit card when on vacation because then I'm 100% covered if someone manage to steal my cards or copy them. But since I've used my credit cards I haven't paid for our trip to the UK until now. So this month I've paid the last of this years summer vacation. I always pay the whole credit card bill as soon as it arrives because then I don't have to pay anything extra for using the cards. But it's not as fun paying for everything a month after you're back from vacation than paying for it when I'm on vacation.

I haven't heard anything about my new car. It's frustrating not hearing anything. Because the only thing left now is NAV telling the car shop that they have received all the papers they need from me and the car shop has to wash my car. I wish someone would call and tell me when I can come and pick up my new car. I really need them to start hurrying up because I'm not sure how long my old car is hanging in there. Knock on wood. My old car is still working.

We did - we had a very nice weekend!

Yes - she has grown a lot, in general... I think being in Europe made it easier to sever ties that she needed to. ::yes::

Thank you for all of the compliments... I also hope the VB pattern is there when we go - at least so I can see it in person. ::yes::

We did have a lot of fun... I know I annoy Allison when I go with, but I don't know what she would do without me? LOL As much as I annoy her - I like to think I am entertaining too. :lmao:

I totally understand only using your card when you are out of the country - that is good security/insurance for you. And it's great that you pay them off right away. ::yes::

I sure hope you hear something about your car soon. Can you call and ask them what's taking so long? It should just be simple paperwork at this time.

Looks like the senior pictures are going to be beautiful! So excited that your trip is almost here! I am living vicariously through you as DH didn't want to go to WDW this year . It's been a point of contention in our house all summer but I guess he should get to choose a vacation once in awhile.:rolleyes:
Have a great day!:)

I hope so - I can't wait to see them once she is done editing. ::yes::

Me too - V and I are jumping in our seats constantly. It's going to be a great trip! ::yes::

I completely understand. This looks like it will be my last trip for quite some time... As DH and I are planning a long trip to Europe in 2018, and I need to start saving for that. Of course, we will be able to stay with BMTL - so that will save on our expenses a little bit - but it won't be cheap at all.

I hope your DH chose somewhere fun?

Thanks - same to you!

Actually, it is a good thing that you started a new thread. Your old one took a long time to load when I used my phone to read it.

I love the scale. It looks great with the pumpkins.

I love your Urban makeover. You both look very natural and not at all like someone else.

We were out of town this past weekend for our grandson's 7th birthday. We are literally unpacking the clothes from the weekend suitcase, washing the clothes, and then packing them in our Disney bags. The weather was hot where we were last weekend and it will be hot in Disney, too hot, I'm afraid. :faint: But it is Disney so it will be alright. We leave in a few days and today our return airfare dropped to $49. Gotta love SWA. ::yes::

You better check it for your trip, since October is now on sale.

I agree- I was starting to have issues with it too.

Thanks! I am so happy with it - I have all sorts of ideas for the holidays with it too... I may need to find another one at some point? LOL

Thanks! The girl did a pretty good job... Allison's make up was a little freaky - but it wasn't horrible... It's just that Allison does such a GREAT job with her make -up all the time, when someone else does it, they just don't do it to her standards - so it looks a little like it was done by a 14 y/o. LOL

WAHOO!!!!! That is awesome on the airfare!!!!!! I need to keep checking our return flights - they aren't going down at all... And our outbound flight is totally sold out - so I kind of stopped checking as religiously after that. I just checked ours - and they keep going up... Even if I were to go on the next flight for the day - our airfare is still double what I paid. I am glad I got it when I did. And I have yet to see any of my refunds - they must send them after the flight?

Thanks for the heads up on the flight price drop though - I'll keep checking. I hope you have a fantastic trip if I don't see you before you leave!!! Happy packing... And warn that Duck that I'll be there soon. ;)

I'm proud of A as well! Probably because it reminds me of a similar situation that Maxx, my 17yo, was in at the start of summer. I started noticing that some of his usual close friends were coming around less and less. This made me a little sad because their friends had become almost an extension of our family and they were always together. Well Maxx just said that things changed and he started spending a lot of time with another group of friends also super great kids!! Eventually he told me that the original friends were not making the best decisions and he felt removing himself from the friendship was the right choice for him. He hasn't looked back or regretted his choice since then. I'm extrememly proud of him for recognizing that it was time to move on. Ok, that was long but thanks for letting me share!

V's pictures are so great!! Can't wait to see the rest. I wish you were closer because I would totally hire A to do Maxx's senior pictures. You have quite the talented girls in your home!

So you inspired me to dig out my fall decorations. Only thing is...I pulled out the ONLY orange tote from the jam packed closet in our tiny apartment only to discover it was filled with baby items from my boys. What in the world?!! I honestly have to find the energy to dig through that closet to find my things!! Yeah, not sure that's happening. I might find myself at Target and Michaels. We shall see.

I love, love, love your 'new to you' acquired pieces. Your mix of old with new reminds me of shabby chic, a favorite decorating style of mine. Love it.

Enjoy your last class tonight. I know it will be interesting learning where toothpicks originated and all of their useful purposes. :rolleyes1

Happy Tuesday!

I totally understand... As a parent, we can never really know that we "did a good job" until we see some of the choices our kids make... And seeing how they handle some of the most challenging ones is sometimes the most gratifying. I am so glad that our kids are choosing the right moral path - so far anyways. ::yes:: It makes being a parent so much more rewarding - I think. :lovestruc

I can't wait to see her pictures too - Allison always does such a good job with editing... She would love to do his pictures - it is a bummer that we aren't closer.

Oh no!! I hope you are able to find your fall decorations! That is such a bummer! I am looking forward to digging out all of my Christmas stuff - I really splurged on clearance Christmas items last year - and I am having a hard time remembering what I all have. LOL I am looking forward to seeing it all and putting it all up. I am 99% sure that one of the trees I bought will be set up on the front porch. :lovestruc

Thanks! I do love Shabby Chic too, but I think the style I am going for is more of a "my farmhouse has been remodeled several times through the years, and they have managed to keep the best of it" - LOL Which isn't AT ALL what really happened. But that's the look I am going for. LOL I just really love vintage pieces which have a story to tell... I can just imagine Josh as a kid dragging that stool up to the counter to help his grandmother cook - whether that actually happened or not - I have no idea? But I imagine it did. LOL And one day (in the very distant future) - I hope my grands to the same thing for me. :lovestruc

Hahahaha... Yes - that was exactly what we learned - how in the world did you know? :lmao: Yup - my class is over... I've formed lots of new and great friendships - which I am looking forward to maintaining. :)

Thanks - same to you! :lovestruc

Popping in to say I'm following along, but not posting much. I tend to have to play catch-up with weeks worth of posts so it's hard to comment because I'm reading stuff from weeks ago. Glad Allison had a wonderful time in Europe. We lived there for 6 years in two 3 year tours with the Army, but still so much we didn't get to see (like Amsterdam). I have been busy with work and life! I'm looking forward to hearing about your trip. I know you and V will have a wonderful time!!!

Hey there friend! I was wondering how you were doing? :) It's great to see you here. I understand about falling behind - I do that a lot. ::yes:: I am just glad you checked in. :) We are very much looking forward to our trip - and it's even better that Allison is home, it's been a huge relief for me. :lovestruc

Do you have any trips coming up? I thought I remembered that you did?

OK - so now I am worried about being able to check into SoG again... The last time we were there was Jan - and I know the rules are much more lenient during Jan and Sept... We are OK to stay there right? DH is retired army NG with 20 years of service + a disabled veteran with a 2210. Please reassure me that we are OK. ::yes::

It was great to see you - I hope you have a great day!

***********************************************************************************************************

Ok - no time to do an update today...

Allison and I are headed to my Dad's for the day. It's going to be a long day on the road driving for us...

I hope you all have a wonderful day! Sending Pixie Dust out to all of you! :lovestruc

D~

Wow! I'm in here! and at the top!
I feel all excited!!! :cool1:

I ADORE what you have done with the house.. It truly is a home.. love it all!! Still sitting here waiting for you to come to my house!!!

I cannot wait to see the pictures Allison did.. or anything from her Europe trip... :rolleyes1

Tell Dad HI! Hope all is well my friend!!! Love ya miss ya tons.

I hope you have a great time with your dad today.

You're right I should call NAV or the car shop and ask what is taking them so long. It shouldn't be a lot of work left for them now with the car.

The sneak peak of the graduation pictures look amazing.

Have a great day with your dad.

Finally here! I love all your decorating. I finally started putting up Halloween decorations over the weekend (DH's birthday is this weekend so I wanted to get them up before his party). I don't know if I'm missing a box somewhere but all of a sudden it doesn't seem like I have that many. So of course that means while I was at Michaels last night, I had to pick up a few more things lol.

I finally joined the gym last night. I had just been going as my friend's guest for free but she's not able to go a lot of times. This way I can go whenever & not have to rely on her. They were having a special so I figured now was as good of a time as any. Hopefully I won't lose my motivation now that I've signed a contract lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter