Parksavers??

This is great!! BIG SAVINGS for our June trip!! Question.. why are they asking for photo ID? Or is this to present at Disney? Also why do they need an activation date for tickets at checkout? Help from previous purchasers would be VERY APPRECIATED!!! as I will be purchasing these tonight if all is legit.

This is great!! BIG SAVINGS for our June trip!! Question.. why are they asking for photo ID? Or is this to present at Disney? Also why do they need an activation date for tickets at checkout? Help from previous purchasers would be VERY APPRECIATED!!! as I will be purchasing these tonight if all is legit.
They didn't ask me for a photo ID/I didn't provide them with a photo ID
If you want to take the voucher to Disney and redeem it for your tickets you will likely need a photo ID to show Disney.
But if you are linking the ticket to MDE you won't do that.
I don't know why they need a date on the tickets. Orbitz does too and it means nothing with them.
I gave PS a date because I have one but it wouldn't matter if we changed our date. The ticket is in MDE just like a ticket bought from Disney is. Appears no different

Wow! This looks like a good option for us. Does this sound like it would work? Buy the 7 day at a discount from Park Savers, link them to our MDE accounts, make FP+, use them to get into the park one day, then upgrade to APs.

By the way, the date is meaningless for the tickets once linked to MDE. The date is only for those that plan to pick up the tickets at the park
Here's the verbiage off their voucher

Be aware that the valid dates listed on your voucher are only for the redeeming of that voucher and DO NOT apply to your actual tickets or their usage. Valid dates on voucher do not apply after you have received your Fastpass+ confirmation number. You may use your tickets anytime after this.

Wow! This looks like a good option for us. Does this sound like it would work? Buy the 7 day at a discount from Park Savers, link them to our MDE accounts, make FP+, use them to get into the park one day, then upgrade to APs.
Works great. Exactly what I've done 3 times
As I posted earlier in this thread, know your upgrade cost first. Some CM can't bridge properly

Since this is asked often, here's some more info from the voucher that clears up questions regarding IDs, picking up tickets, linking to MDE, etc.

#5 is VERY IMPORTANT! Make sure you purchase well in advance of your FP day. Don't wait till the last minute!

1. To redeem your voucher, visit any Walt Disney World Box Office located outside all 4 Parks. A Cast Member will scan the bar-code on the voucher and then hand you your actual tickets. If you have Magic Bands you DO NOT need to redeem your voucher.
  2. Be aware that the valid dates listed on your voucher are only for the redeeming of that voucher and DO NOT apply to your actual tickets or their usage. Valid dates on voucher do not apply after you have received your Fastpass+ confirmation number. You may use your tickets anytime after this.
  3. Don't be alarmed if you only see one name on the voucher. This is normal. It means that only that person can redeem the voucher. Once redeemed and you have received your actual tickets, they can be given to anyone in your party.
  4. A photo ID is required to redeem your voucher so make sure the First and Last name on your voucher matches your photo ID.
  5. Your Fastpass+ confirmation number will be delivered to your email within the next 72 hours (3 business days excluding today). Once you receive this email it will have instructions on how to link your tickets to your My Disney Experience Account and Magic Bands if you have them. You'll then be able to make Fastpass+ reservations.
  6. You cannot change or cancel Walt Disney World Resort Tickets once purchased.

By the way, the date is meaningless for the tickets once linked to MDE. The date is only for those that plan to pick up the tickets at the park
Here's the verbiage off their voucher

Be aware that the valid dates listed on your voucher are only for the redeeming of that voucher and DO NOT apply to your actual tickets or their usage. Valid dates on voucher do not apply after you have received your Fastpass+ confirmation number. You may use your tickets anytime after this.
Well, that's much better. The way the offer reads underneath the ticket info., it could lead one to believe that the actual tickets expire on Dec. 31, 2018. They make no mention of it being a voucher that expires. Someone at PS might want to be a little more accurate in their description on the website.

Well, that's much better. The way the offer reads underneath the ticket info., it could lead one to believe that the actual tickets expire on Dec. 31, 2018. They make no mention of it being a voucher that expires. Someone at PS might want to be a little more accurate in their description on the website.
Good point. I guess they don't have many people shopping for tickets that far in the future. It likely is something most never even consider being an issue.

So, we have a trip planned for June. Lets say we bought vouchers from Park Savers but then our trip got cancelled. Can we link them to our MDE acct (because we have to before the voucher expires) and just keep them linked until we use them, even if its a few years down the road?

Or am I not reading this correctly?

So, we have a trip planned for June. Lets say we bought vouchers from Park Savers but then our trip got cancelled. Can we link them to our MDE acct (because we have to before the voucher expires) and just keep them linked until we use them, even if its a few years down the road?

Or am I not reading this correctly?
No, you are reading it correctly.
You can't get a refund but if you have linked the tickets to MDE you can keep them there for however long you need to.
What is unknown is what might change in regards to tickets years down the road. Though that question would apply no matter where you bought the tickets. Even if you bought them from Disney.

No, you are reading it correctly.
You can't get a refund but if you have linked the tickets to MDE you can keep them there for however long you need to.
What is unknown is what might change in regards to tickets years down the road. Though that question would apply no matter where you bought the tickets. Even if you bought them from Disney.
Gotcha! Thanks!

Just a thought, but it would be a bit cheaper to buy the 7 day, or buy 4 days/get 3 days free - same cost for either at $370.98. You could update the 7 day to an 8 day in the park, (after using it to enter the first time, as that brings it to the current gate price that day, then go to guest services to upgrade). That would only be another $10 per ticket then, saving $20 a person. You'd have to wait to book that last day of FP+ till you actually upgraded but, for me, that savings would be worth it and that's what we plan on doing for our Nov trip this year.

That's a great idea that I would have never thought of. Thanks!!

Since this is asked often, here's some more info from the voucher that clears up questions regarding IDs, picking up tickets, linking to MDE, etc.

#5 is VERY IMPORTANT! Make sure you purchase well in advance of your FP day. Don't wait till the last minute!

1. To redeem your voucher, visit any Walt Disney World Box Office located outside all 4 Parks. A Cast Member will scan the bar-code on the voucher and then hand you your actual tickets. If you have Magic Bands you DO NOT need to redeem your voucher.
  2. Be aware that the valid dates listed on your voucher are only for the redeeming of that voucher and DO NOT apply to your actual tickets or their usage. Valid dates on voucher do not apply after you have received your Fastpass+ confirmation number. You may use your tickets anytime after this.
  3. Don't be alarmed if you only see one name on the voucher. This is normal. It means that only that person can redeem the voucher. Once redeemed and you have received your actual tickets, they can be given to anyone in your party.
  4. A photo ID is required to redeem your voucher so make sure the First and Last name on your voucher matches your photo ID.
  5. Your Fastpass+ confirmation number will be delivered to your email within the next 72 hours (3 business days excluding today). Once you receive this email it will have instructions on how to link your tickets to your My Disney Experience Account and Magic Bands if you have them. You'll then be able to make Fastpass+ reservations.
  6. You cannot change or cancel Walt Disney World Resort Tickets once purchased.

You've been SO helpful! Thank you! I'm counting down the days to this trip already!

I was just reading about the Parksavers deal on 7 day PH tickets ($370.98). That sounds like a great savings. We were planning on buying five 10 day PH tickets for our trip in June, or four 10 day PH and one AP if the AP summer resort discounts are worth it. So am I understanding correctly that we could just buy the 7 day tickets from PS and upgrade them outside a park when we get there to 10 day PH and AP? Could we do this on an arrival day that we're not going to the parks, or would we have to Scan our tickets and use one of our days to do this? Can it only be done at the park? Does it even work toward AP? It sounds too good to be true, with a savings of around $50 per person! And if I have a reservation for 11 nights, but only 7 day tickets, could I only book fast passes for 7 consecutive days, or for our entire stay? Has anyone done this?

1. So am I understanding correctly that we could just buy the 7 day tickets from PS and upgrade them outside a park when we get there to 10 day PH and AP?
2. Could we do this on an arrival day that we're not going to the parks, or would we have to Scan our tickets and use one of our days to do this?
3. Can it only be done at the park?
4. Does it even work toward AP? It sounds too good to be true, with a savings of around $50 per person!
5. And if I have a reservation for 11 nights, but only 7 day tickets, could I only book fast passes for 7 consecutive days, or for our entire stay? Has anyone done this?

1. Yes
2. You need to go in to a park prior to upgrading or you loose the savings
3. No, DS also has a Guest Services counter
4. Yes
5. Yes and No, you can only book FP for the number of days of tickets you hold. But they are not required to be consecutive

1. Yes
2. You need to go in to a park prior to upgrading or you loose the savings
3. No, DS also has a Guest Services counter
4. Yes
5. Yes and No, you can only book FP for the number of days of tickets you hold. But they are not required to be consecutive

Thank you so much for all those answers!

So if we plan on going to the parks for 10 days and could only get 7 days worth of FP, which parks would you recommend to visit on the days we don't have FP?

So if we plan on going to the parks for 10 days and could only get 7 days worth of FP, which parks would you recommend to visit on the days we don't have FP?
I'm not sure what your park plans are, but maybe book FP+ for at least one day at each park and a few days at MK. Then you would only have 3 days to book as Same Day Fast Passes...and maybe have those each be one day at a different park (excluding MK or whichever park you like most). Just a suggestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter