Parking motorhome at Walt Disney World

T1489l

Earning My Ears
I am staying off campus in a motorhome. My son has severe food allergies so we will be doing meals in motorhome so I am wondering where the parking is for motorhomes at the magic kingdom as well as Epcot and universal etc.

Does anyone have any info on this topic?

Thank for the help!

T1489l said:
I am staying off campus in a motorhome. My son has severe food allergies so we will be doing meals in motorhome so I am wondering where the parking is for motorhomes at the magic kingdom as well as Epcot and universal etc.

Thank for the help!

I would try the theme parks board or the transportation board.

This is the resorts board. You could only park a motor home at a resort if you are staying there. I don't believe valet parking would help you at a resort, but someone on the transportation board might have more knowledge on that subject.

A motor home may be parked at Disney's resorts or parks as a regular vehicle, but you may not stay in it unless it is in a campsite, i.e. Fort Wilderness. In deference to campsite owners and hoteliers, camping is not permitted in Florida except at approved campsites. Cooking in it is a gray area between "tailgating" and "camping" so I am not absolutely sure about that part. I am led to believe that Disney security will say "no" and call it "loitering".

Once (earlier pre-Epcot lifetime) I was on spring break in Florida, got drowsy, and pulled into a parking lot. I was awakened to a police officer knocking on the window and telling me that camping was not permitted and I had to go to a campsite. The brand name "KOA" stands out in my mind from back then.

Thank for the help!

I don't think you would be able to park your MH anywhere except in the regular parking lots like everyone else. There are no other places to park according to what I can see on their parking information. It is $15 day for RV's. You could, however, take the tram to your MH during the day to rest/fix meals (I assume you have a generator).

I have walked past moter homes during the day with their generators running (this was in the Epcot lot) so I assume it's OK to go back and fix lunch etc.

Have you been over to the disABILITES! board? WDW is one of the absolute best places in the world to travel with food allergies. It's remarkable just how accomodating and well trained they are. You might be surprised to find out that you don't actually have to cook all of your meals but rather can actually get him safe and delicious food in the parks.

One thing about RV parking at the main lot, they have you park at the very end of the aisles, so make sure you and everyone in your group are prepared for a bit of a hike to the tram. For this reason, we used our own tandem stroller when our kids were toddlers.

At Universal, there is a lot for RVs, buses, and semis at the far end of the parking garages. Pretty much on the other end of the garages from the walkway to the parks. Again, quite a walk to get there.

When at Universal, we had my teenage sisters with us that lasted much longer in the parks than our toddlers, so we went back to the RV until they closed the parks. Fired up the gennie, kicked on the A/C. The kids slept while my wife and I watched a movie. No one seemed to care. Not sure about Disney though. We all left the park at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter